How Do You Feel About Mandatory Voting?

If people are too lazy to go to the polls once a year, I don't WANT them voting.

Is CNN kidding or are they just disappointed by the poll results for the pending election? They suggest putting people in jail for not voting? No country in the freaking world orders people to vote. Left leaning media outlets are big on federal control over everything and CNN is showing it's ignorance. No wonder they are at the bottom of the media world.

Some choose to exercise their right to vote by abstaining instead.

Forcing people to vote would be yet another bad government idea.

Is CNN kidding or are they just disappointed by the poll results for the pending election? They suggest putting people in jail for not voting? No country in the freaking world orders people to vote. Left leaning media outlets are big on federal control over everything and CNN is showing it's ignorance. No wonder they are at the bottom of the media world.
Australia does exactly that. Its mandatory to vote.

Today, compulsory voting exists in roughly a quarter of all democracies in the world, ranging from Western Europe and Australia to Latin America and Asia. Yet few believe that it stands any chance of being adopted in the United States. Why?

If people are too lazy to go to the polls once a year, I don't WANT them voting.
Youre only one person. If forced to vote then they would also be forced to actually take a look at what they are voting on. The idea has some merit.

Like seat belt laws, if caught a $20 penalty. Simply money grabbing

Madatory voting would give us democrats forever. That's why CNN like its is suspect.

Like seat belt laws, if caught a $20 penalty. Simply money grabbing

Madatory voting would give us democrats forever. That's why CNN like its is suspect.

Madatory voting would give us democrats forever.

So you are against it because democrats would win? What if repubs would benefit?

Youre only one person. If forced to vote then they would also be forced to actually take a look at what they are voting on. The idea has some merit.

What would actually happen is the more brain dead among us would vote for either 1) whoever influenced them last or 2)whoever promised them the most goodies.

I would be far more in favor or requiring MORE to be able to vote. Not to the Starship Troopers level, but better than we have now.

What would actually happen is the more brain dead among us would vote for either 1) whoever influenced them last or 2)whoever promised them the most goodies.

I would be far more in favor or requiring MORE to be able to vote. Not to the Starship Troopers level, but better than we have now.
That doesnt make sense. You vote for whoever influences you the most. Why would it be a bad thing for others to do the same thing you do?

Interesting opinion piece on CNN discussing the merits of mandatory voting. I liken it to jury duty. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Midterms Should Americans be forced to vote Opinion - CNN.com

Nah I'm not for it.
Why not? I'm trying to find some cons.

If someone wants to sit out of the political process that should be their right, I don't think it should be forced imo.
I think they would pay a penalty. I keep thinking about it in terms of jury duty.

Forum List

Back