How Liberal Policies Keep People in Poverty

Thanantos - works as a convenience store clerk
Templar - Unemployed and living at home

and the list goes on....

These people are advocating for people who don't give a shit about them. They are the poor and lower middle class of our country and yet they have actually been brainwashed to blame themselves for the problem of our country. Yet, they for some reason can't see what's happening.

I am a manager of a convenience store fuck nugget . If your going to make fun of my job get the title correct welfare queen.

Nothing I said was incorrect. How much could you make $35k? Tops. You are the working poor and yet you advocate for policies that would directly affect you negatively. You're an idiot.
How can you be so ignorant you dont see there is no working your way up when the company leaves or goes bankrupt !

Politics be damned, there is only one person responsible for a person's position in life.

Every adult is responsible for their own well being and advancement. Liberal policies are not an effective excuse for lack of willpower.

Legislation does not control our choices, much to the dismay of those in office. Welfare may make it easier to survive poverty, but it does not force people to stay poor if they want to improve their station in life.

Any claims to the contrary are childish and short-sighted, not to mention completely insulting to humanity in general.

I am a manager of a convenience store fuck nugget . If your going to make fun of my job get the title correct welfare queen.

Nothing I said was incorrect. How much could you make $35k? Tops. You are the working poor and yet you advocate for policies that would directly affect you negatively. You're an idiot.

But and your ilk want to destroy that system because you favor parasitism. I like his his honesty and adherence to the work ethic.

What system do I want to destroy?

How can you be so ignorant you dont see there is no working your way up when the company leaves or goes bankrupt !

What company has gone bankrupt because of food stamps or medicaid? Be specific.

All of it you blithering fool

Never heard of that company. What service did they provide?

You're a grown adult who stocks shelves at a convenience store. Be careful about who you call a blithering fool.

I think it is unfair when the Big Bad Seattle Seahawks scored touchdowns that they would not let the Broncos score one. Must be changed so there is equality . You know share the results.

You're a grown adult who stocks shelves at a convenience store. Be careful about who you call a blithering fool.

He's an Honest Adult - who doesn't pretend to be something he's not which is more than can be said for you - ridiculing what somebody does for a living is pretty damn low - I surprised you didn't call him a dirty Paki or soem facsimile

Thanantos - works as a convenience store clerk
Templar - Unemployed and living at home

and the list goes on....

These people are advocating for people who don't give a shit about them. They are the poor and lower middle class of our country and yet they have actually been brainwashed to blame themselves for the problem of our country. Yet, they for some reason can't see what's happening.

Then you are in an income bracket that at the national level mostly votes Democrat.

You people keep making the nonsensical claim that Democrats want to keep the poor poor so that they'll keep voting Democrat;

the fact is that when poor people move out of poverty, they move into working class, lower middle class income brackets, for the most part,

and those brackets ALSO vote Democrat, for the most part. The absurd notion that Democrats need to keep people poor for the votes doesn't even make sense mathematically.

Last edited:
I know this will make the far left have a collective seizure, but it's true that liberal policies that encourage the breakup of families and a nanny state are the main reasons that people do not pull themselves up. The left only sees two extremes, the super wealthy and the dirt poor. The reason they never bring up the middle class is because it's in the way of their plans. They are systematically destroying middle class and they'd rather people forgot it even exists. All we hear is taking more from the rich and giving to the poor with no expectations of people involved in their own progress. Of course, it's middle class they take from, but the media isn't about to look too hard at what liberal policies actually achieve. They only report on the intentions, not the disastrous results.

Encouraging dependency also encourages single parenthood and a lack a concern about community. The entitlement mentality keeps people focused on what government can do for them, not what they can do for themselves, their families or their communities. That responsibility was turned over to government long ago. Over 50 years of welfare and government programs and the result is more people lined up for help and fewer climbing out of poverty. It's more than a failed system. It's by design and that makes it far worse.

Obama Disregards What Hispanics and All Americans Need to Achieve American Dream

In order for your claim to be true,

if all poverty programs were eliminated, then poor Americans would start coming out of poverty at a rate faster than they do currently.

Unless you can demonstrate a plausible scenario as to how when where and why that would happen,

your argument has a value of ZERO.

Yet no improvement of poverty has come from the welfare system... it is throwing taxpayer money at something without any effect.. it is, and always has been, about nothing more than the power

He's an Honest Adult - who doesn't pretend to be something he's not which is more than can be said for you - ridiculing what somebody does for a living is pretty damn low - I surprised you didn't call him a dirty Paki or soem facsimile

I'm ridiculing him for being an idiot.

I know this will make the far left have a collective seizure, but it's true that liberal policies that encourage the breakup of families and a nanny state are the main reasons that people do not pull themselves up. The left only sees two extremes, the super wealthy and the dirt poor. The reason they never bring up the middle class is because it's in the way of their plans. They are systematically destroying middle class and they'd rather people forgot it even exists. All we hear is taking more from the rich and giving to the poor with no expectations of people involved in their own progress. Of course, it's middle class they take from, but the media isn't about to look too hard at what liberal policies actually achieve. They only report on the intentions, not the disastrous results.

Encouraging dependency also encourages single parenthood and a lack a concern about community. The entitlement mentality keeps people focused on what government can do for them, not what they can do for themselves, their families or their communities. That responsibility was turned over to government long ago. Over 50 years of welfare and government programs and the result is more people lined up for help and fewer climbing out of poverty. It's more than a failed system. It's by design and that makes it far worse.

Obama Disregards What Hispanics and All Americans Need to Achieve American Dream

if all poverty programs were eliminated, then poor Americans would start coming out of poverty at a rate faster than they do currently.

Unless you can demonstrate a plausible scenario as to how when where and why that would happen,

Yet no improvement of poverty has come from the welfare system... it is throwing taxpayer money at something without any effect.. it is, and always has been, about nothing more than the power

None? What do you think would be the status of the poor without our welfare system?

1011246_10151967182506275_1592552454_n.jpg

Penn-Jillette.jpg

If we continue giving the SUPPLE SIDE every advantage the DEMAND SIDE will continue to fail to stimulate the national economy.

HOWEVER...the supply side CAN and is thriving because it now counts as much on international as national trade.

How long this imbalance in supply/demand can last without catastrophic consequences, I cannot say.

My instincts tell me it can last for generations though.

After all, we area already into TWO GENERATIONS of these policies and the nation hasn't had a revolution, yet.

Why do low income families use their food stamp and Medicaid benefits if they don't improve their lives?

Reform education and make it not cause so much debt.

Not a charge of the federal government.. and you, as an adult, are responsible for you OWN education and any expense that comes from it

Get the fed OUT of education

Then why have ANY public schools, at any level of government?

Why not let all education be market priced, with no taxpayer subsidy whatsoever, and thus create a really huge gap between the haves and the havenots when it comes to education;

that will better reflect the kind of society you want us to have won't it?

Why do low income families use their food stamp and Medicaid benefits if they don't improve their lives?

Don't expect a reasonable response.

None? What do you think would be the status of the poor without our welfare system?

Because I am smarter than any right winger posting on here, I can answer that question.

The status of the poor in this country without our welfare system would be......ta da...... that they would be poorer than they are now. Ta da.

Now, we could lift a bunch of poor people out of poverty if Congress would redefine the income amount that they use to define poverty.

Make 5k a year and be considered "middle class". Poverty problem solved.

Is that correct you right wingers?

Don't expect a reasonable response.

Dave is a pain and suffering alchemist. He believes that if you make sure that the poor endure the maximum amount of pain and suffering from their poverty, without any alleviation from sources other than those of their making,

magically the poor will become prosperous.

Forum List

Back