How Many Gays Must God Create Before We Accept That He Wants Them Around?

Society isn't moving away from bigotry at all. If anything it is moving toward bigotry at an unprescedented rate. The object of bigotry has changed. Society is moving toward degeneracy in which bigotry against decency is encouraged.

You're just angry they're moving away from the bigotry you embrace.

Not being anti-gay isn't bigotry.

Got some bad news for you chief. Being anti gay is not bigotry either. I can believe that homosexuality is a sin, and thus be anti gay, without wishing to restrict the rights of those who are.

Any person being anti-gay, anti-black, anti-age, anti-woman, anti-handicap, anti-religion is always that individual being a bigot...but that is fine. As long as you don't attempt to bend laws to fit your bigotry against your fellow citizens.

Got some bad news for you chief. Being anti gay is not bigotry either. I can believe that homosexuality is a sin, and thus be anti gay, without wishing to restrict the rights of those who are.

Any person being anti-gay, anti-black, anti-age, anti-woman, anti-handicap, anti-religion is always that individual being a bigot...but that is fine. As long as you don't attempt to bend laws to fit your bigotry against your fellow citizens.

Yeah i didn't really understand his post.

If he thinks homosexuality is sin, and he thinks he commits sins in his life, I would think being a christian he would worry about his sins and fixing all those before he worried about the sins of others.

But as we see, that's never the case. In the homosexuality discussion if a person views it as a sin, the person will always try to "fix" the sins of others rather than fix their own sins first.

That's the nature of humans in general, I think. Look at just about anyone who's ever looked for a new law to be passed. . . it's never to curtail one of their own behaviors. Only a behavior others have that they view as destructive or immoral.

That's the nature of humans in general, I think. Look at just about anyone who's ever looked for a new law to be passed. . . it's never to curtail one of their own behaviors. Only a behavior others have that they view as destructive or immoral.

That's true, I'll just never understand the aspect of the human brain that causes one person to judge another or judge another's actions when those actions have zero negative impact on anyone else.

I think it's stupid to own 10 cats, if you aren't throwing your cat litter into my yard I'm not going to go out of my way to tell you owning 10 cats is stupid or those who own 10 cats are stupid people.

I'll never understand it I guess.

You might be right. Let's use your definition then for the sake of this argument.

Person A has the right to dislike person B for any reason , agreed? Person A NEVER has the right to harm Person B regardless of reason, agreed? See there is no need for all the hate laws and other bullshit, just make it that simple.

You might be right. Let's use your definition then for the sake of this argument.

Person A has the right to dislike person B for any reason , agreed? Person A NEVER has the right to harm Person B regardless of reason, agreed? See there is no need for all the hate laws and other bullshit, just make it that simple.

Good analogy, they all deserve the same rights.

Imagine if tomorrow only homosexuals could get married and heterosexuals couldn't, people would be rioting in streets. However apply those same limitations to gays, and it's a-ok to a lot of ppl. Thankfully those ppl are now in the minority in america.

Younger people are OK with gay marriage. I guess when the older bigoted folks die off things will be different.

You can't lump anti-gay in with race. Gay is a choice race is not.

Sin is so arbitrary. Listen to the church and it could be anything. How many of the 10 Commandments are actual "laws"?

Wearing two kinds of fabric?

Eating shrimp?

Really?

Was over coming your gay feelings difficult?

Jesus never said homosexuality is sexual immorality.

To me sexual immorality is cheating and rape, the things that cause others harm. 2 consenting adults having sex isn't sexual immorality.
Gay is sin, period. Wether to you or not. If gay was what God wanted he would not have created woman.

I wish it were as simple as gay is sin, period, but it's not. Consider the following, which I'm pretty sure was quoted from Leviticus or Luke. . . one of the L books. At any rate, these are exactly the kinds of loopholes that we need to petition Congress to close down!
If that pic of t-shirt is what you claim is quoted in the Bible you are sadly mistaken. It is as simple as gay is sin.

Was over coming your gay feelings difficult?
I happen to be normal. You seem to be confused though.

Sin is so arbitrary. Listen to the church and it could be anything. How many of the 10 Commandments are actual "laws"?

Eating shrimp?

Really?
All of them. The rest of your post is not in the ten Commandments.

Gay is sin, period. Wether to you or not. If gay was what God wanted he would not have created woman.

I wish it were as simple as gay is sin, period, but it's not. Consider the following, which I'm pretty sure was quoted from Leviticus or Luke. . . one of the L books. At any rate, these are exactly the kinds of loopholes that we need to petition Congress to close down!
If that pic of t-shirt is what you claim is quoted in the Bible you are sadly mistaken. It is as simple as gay is sin.

Are you seriously gonna sit there straight faced, look me in your monitor, and tell me that Leviticus 12:2 doesn't read, "For he who beats him up afterwards shall not have committed an abomination."? You, sir, are simply dishonest!

How many times does God have to invite us to come to Him and allow Him to change our lives and our very nature before we believe His promises and act to accept them?

How many times does God have to invite us to come to Him and allow Him to change our lives and our very nature before we believe His promises and act to accept them?

I assume by come to him you mean loving your neighbor, the golden rule, and showing love to your enemies.

Not gay hating.

Good analogy, they all deserve the same rights.

Imagine if tomorrow only homosexuals could get married and heterosexuals couldn't, people would be rioting in streets. However apply those same limitations to gays, and it's a-ok to a lot of ppl. Thankfully those ppl are now in the minority in america.

Exactly. Now obviously it's unlikely that gays can ever become the majority, but those who support them could and what if they decided that straight marriage was icky in the future? I want the precedent set NOW. We don't make laws based on what some feel is icky.

Eating shrimp?

Really?

Sin isn't arbitrary, man's interpretation of what is a sin can sometimes be.

Sin might be arbitrary. It might not. I don't know. Neither do you. I realize that for fear of being lukewarm and chewed up and spat from God's mouth and all that, you're not allowed to admit that the truth of your faith is debatable, but let me help you out. The truth of your faith is debatable. Nobody weighing in on the topic, to my knowledge, was actually there for the conception of the Universe. I'll never understand how, in the absence of solid fact damning a lifestyle, a person's default setting wouldn't be "Live and let live". Even Jesus supposedly spent a good deal of his breath telling people to mind their own business. That whole judge not lest ye be judged thing actually came from what's supposed to be the primary source of Christian doctrine: Christ himself. Yet in all my experience, which includes roughly 17 years practically living at a baptist Church, Christians seem to follow that particular edict less than most non Christian demographics, with the possible exceptions of muslims, vegans, and Prius owners.

Last edited:

Are you seriously gonna sit there straight faced, look me in your monitor, and tell me that Leviticus 12:2 doesn't read, "For he who beats him up afterwards shall not have committed an abomination."? You, sir, are simply dishonest!
Yes [I am LIAR!. Leviticus 12:2, "Say to the Israelites: A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. NIV. See, I actually read the Bible and KNOW what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back