How Pelosi Got The Votes

It is interesting how so few are concerned with the concepts of ethical behavior in politics. I am slightly disappointed, but not surprised. I am heartened though, that it is the left who seem to have no issue with dishonesty. I take heart in that.

It's also fascinating how few are able to see beyond the simplistic to the more complex issues surrounding the example of the potential deal for amnesty for illegals, and the water in the San J Valley. Stupid comments like 'the fish won', like that is the end of it, are worriesome to anyone with the ability to see past the partisanship and into the issues.

I don't know why you even pretend to be non-partisan. You're piss poor at playing the role, about as convincing as Depp was as Willy Wonka.

You're a Conservative. That's a partisan position, not an Independant one.

Independant means you fall opn different sides of different issues. Noone's seen such from you, you're a straight up conservative. Why be afraid of it?

Wow. Cali girl, had to tell ya..but you've been owned in this thread.

1. Secret writer info = tin foil hat
2. No need to cite sources = tin foil hat
3. Wrong about Nunes = tin foil hat
4. Trying to change your tune when called on the Nunes mistake = tin foil hat
5. Forgetting that BUSH said he was a man of conscience when he pushed through unpopular legislation = tin foil hat

You're going to have a serious case of hat hair for awhile on these boards.

I already said, when I checked how he was voting, it was before the vote. The principle remains the same. If the Federal Government held the water supply over the heads of Californian representatives, is that ethical? Do we want our government blackmailing our representatives for political gain?

Is the concept too complex for you?

And that (highlighted) is not supported by facts. Since, you know, polling trends as stated by so many of the GOP show this would HURT politically.
If a poster started a thread stating that someone voted yes (when he actually voted no) because he was bribed by Obama...would that be unethical?

:eusa_eh:

It is interesting how so few are concerned with the concepts of ethical behavior in politics. I am slightly disappointed, but not surprised. I am heartened though, that it is the left who seem to have no issue with dishonesty. I take heart in that.

Didn't you just say ... just a couple of comments prior to this one ... that politics shouldn't be treated as a 'game' or a sport? Yet you 'take heart' in the ASSumption that it is 'the left' that has no issue with dishonesty, heh. You either need some sleep or need to learn how to NOT shit in your own mouth. :lol:

It's also fascinating how few are able to see beyond the simplistic to the more complex issues surrounding the example of the potential deal for amnesty for illegals, and the water in the San J Valley. Stupid comments like 'the fish won', like that is the end of it, are worriesome to anyone with the ability to see past the partisanship and into the issues.

I will never try to offend anyone who is truly concerned and questioning politics and politicians (that's what we the people should do anyway). However, for that you would really have to at least try to be non-partisan and unbiased, which you oh so obviously aren't and that is why people are not taking your concern seriously.

I wish passage of every single bill would be as closely watched and scrutinized as this one ;)

And that (highlighted) is not supported by facts. Since, you know, polling trends as stated by so many of the GOP show this would HURT politically.
If a poster started a thread stating that someone voted yes (when he actually voted no) because he was bribed by Obama...would that be unethical?

:eusa_eh:[/QUOTE]

No, but calling others stupid and demeaning them on a message board on a daily basis........... from a poorly built pedestal might qualify. :tongue:

So, Cali....are you going to come clean on this or not? You have been outed and now you got NOTHING?

Last edited:
Wrong. Yea, I don't like the bill and I certainly don't support it but I have no 'side'.

Like hell you don't. We can all read what you've written. Every single on of your posts is laced with nothing but standard right-wing talking points.

If you were anything other than that you would at least express some hope of cautious optimism for our new healthcare law. But instead, you do nothing but offer right-wing spin while preposterously claiming to be above it all. That makes you Bill O'Reilly.

Oh my, such faux outrage. :lol::lol::lol:

So, what you're saying is that you are okay with the government using tactics such as bribery, blackmail, and intimidation to get their way. Ok, that's your right. Personally, I would prefer an honest government.

You are, unfortunately, unable to take partisanship out of the discussion. That's fine. I am. I have and will continue to be anti-corruption in government... whether it is on the right or the left... perhaps it's easier for me because I have no allegiance to either party.

were you okay with all of THIS verifiable corruption that took place with the republican medicare pill bill, or were you unaware of it?

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!
Poison pill: how Abramoff's cronies sold the Medicare drug bill. - Free Online Library

congress actually WAS CORRUPT with actual PROOF of such, charges and convictions, not just speculation....

BECAUSE you and others were SILENT and turned a blind eye when the repub party WAS corrupt with the medicare pill bill passage is WHY congress still struggles with the up and up today, perhaps?

Like hell you don't. We can all read what you've written. Every single on of your posts is laced with nothing but standard right-wing talking points.

If you were anything other than that you would at least express some hope of cautious optimism for our new healthcare law. But instead, you do nothing but offer right-wing spin while preposterously claiming to be above it all. That makes you Bill O'Reilly.

So, what you're saying is that you are okay with the government using tactics such as bribery, blackmail, and intimidation to get their way. Ok, that's your right. Personally, I would prefer an honest government.

You are, unfortunately, unable to take partisanship out of the discussion. That's fine. I am. I have and will continue to be anti-corruption in government... whether it is on the right or the left... perhaps it's easier for me because I have no allegiance to either party.

were you okay with all of THIS verifiable corruption that took place with the republican medicare pill bill, or were you unaware of it?

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!
Poison pill: how Abramoff's cronies sold the Medicare drug bill. - Free Online Library

congress actually WAS CORRUPT with actual PROOF of such, charges and convictions, not just speculation....

BECAUSE you and others were SILENT and turned a blind eye when the repub party WAS corrupt with the medicare pill bill passage is WHY congress still struggles with the up and up today, perhaps?

She was aware of it, but gave the GOP a pass, because she has no "side"...:eusa_whistle:

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!

Cali-G was NOT silent at all about that.

I actually knew her when that was a current event. You didn't; yet you make not only a baseless assumption but a flat-out wrong one. Not wise.

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!

I actually knew her when that was a current event. You didn't; yet you make not only a baseless assumption but a flat-out wrong one. Not wise.

I asked a question???? I am certain when she comes back on, that SHE will answer me on it....si modo.

How about YOU, where were YOU on the CORRUPTION that took place in order to pass the Republican Medicare Pill bill and WHY would you trust ANYTHING any Republican does after such corruption?

The point, is that we don't have much of a choice, perhaps? Choosing the lesser of two evils....?

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!

I asked a question???? I am certain when she comes back on, that SHE will answer me on it....si modo.

How about YOU, where were YOU on the CORRUPTION that took place in order to pass the Republican Medicare Pill bill and WHY would you trust ANYTHING any Republican does after such corruption?

The point, is that we don't have much of a choice, perhaps? Choosing the lesser of two evils....?
No, the point is you made not only a baseless but a wrong assumption about a poster about a subject that is irrelevant to the topic. It's an attempted ad hominem argument which is a fallacy.

Congrats at your irrelevant post. :thup:

Inside info is not reliable no matter how many connnections this person says she has.

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!

so are you actually trying to sell the bullshit that since republicans were corrupt you are fine with the dems doing it too>>> holy shit,, now I've seen pigs fly.

No, the point is you made not only a baseless but a wrong assumption about a poster about a subject that is irrelevant to the topic. It's an attempted ad hominem argument which is a fallacy.

What ever simodo....:eusa_whistle:

I happen to like CG, and get along with her just fine, even though we do politically differ....

And the passage of the Medicare Pill bill and this health care bill ARE COMPARABLE.....whether you believe so or not....it might be "convenient" for you to just tell us all to shut up, but that does not negate the comparison in both of their passages....

so are you actually trying to sell the bullshit that since republicans were corrupt you are fine with the dems doing it too>>> holy shit,, now I've seen pigs fly.

Republicans actually were corrupt and they are doing prison time for it....we will see if anything comes out about the Democrats actually breaking the law and being charged with such... as the republicans....

It is possible that when the dust settles, actual crimes will be more evident....

As I see now, there was bartering, but not corruption, as cali indicated in her original post imo.

What ever simodo....:eusa_whistle:

I happen to like CG, and get along with her just fine, even though we do politically differ....

And the passage of the Medicare Pill bill and this health care bill ARE COMPARABLE.....whether you believe so or not....it might be "convenient" for you to just tell us all to shut up, but that does not negate the comparison in both of their passages....
I didn't say they WEREN'T comparable. I saId the ad hominem argument you are trying IS IRRELEVANT.

I have not told anyone to shut up. Ever.

Facts are not nasty. If you take them that way, I have no control over that.

PLEASE READ THIS LINK!

I wasn't silent during the previous, corrupt, administration. Nor will I be silent during this one. The 'he did it too' is not acceptable to me.

Actually, I wrote several articles on the Bush Admin - none of them were complimentary. I don't write huggy feely shit... except I did actually do two articles recently that were supportive of Obama. :eek::eek: But, I am no more supportive of Republican corruption than I am of Democrat corruption.

That I happen to be right wing, does not make me a Republican.

Forum List

Back