How to Explain Climate Change to Neanderthals

are you claiming neanderthals are walking around?

I'm saying you may have some Neanderthal DNA.
or not. So why do we care, are there any actual neanderthals walking other than Geico?
yes! you if you have a European lineage you are part Neanderthal.
?.
no, i'm not, I'm homo sapien. You should look it up. Look up homo sapien:

Here from your greatest encyclopedia Wikipedia:

Homo sapiens
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about Homo sapiens as a taxonomic classification. For a more general perspective on the human species, see Human. For other uses, see Homo sapiens (disambiguation).
Homo sapiens
Temporal range: 0.195–0 Ma

PreЄ

Є
O
S
D
C
P
T
J
K
Pg
N

Middle PleistocenePresent

Male and female Homo sapiens in Thailand

Conservation status

220px-Status_iucn3.1_LC.svg.png

Least Concern (IUCN 3.1)[1]
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Binomial name
Homo sapiens

Linnaeus, 1758
Subspecies
Homo sapiens idaltu
Homo sapiens sapiens

Homo sapiens (Latin: "wise person") is the binomial nomenclature (also known as the scientific name) for the only extant human species
defend your ignorance at all costs!
my junk is important to me. Got me a daughter and she gave me four grand kids. Leave my junk alone.

I'm not a neanderthal, I'm homo sapien. I don't get why someone would want to educate a being no longer around.

Homo sapiens neanderthalis, as the name might suggest, was also a member of homo sapiens and, if your ancestry is European, there's a possibility that your genome contains Neanderthal DNA.

or not. So why do we care, are there any actual neanderthals walking other than Geico commercials?

I don't care one way or the other. I just find it interesting. The research is fairly new, and I enjoy learning new things.
me too, I wish there was actually something worth learning here, but alas, the same old libturd crap.

Now government is supposed to stop global warming right?

If government was so clever and so wonderous at solving environmental issues why hasn't it contained the So Cal Methane disaster that is ongoing as we type to each other?

You pro AGW so called enviro protectors answer why neither the state or the feds have stopped this disaster. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Because they were too busy getting their faces out there claiming they care about the planet.

You got all hell breaking loose with this methane disaster but nary a peep from the guys that want huge revenues for you know. Saving the planet.
First of all, you silly person, how the hell is the government responsible for a private companies disasters? You are one damned stupid person to post what you did.

Homo sapiens neanderthalis, as the name might suggest, was also a member of homo sapiens and, if your ancestry is European, there's a possibility that your genome contains Neanderthal DNA.

or not. So why do we care, are there any actual neanderthals walking other than Geico commercials?

I don't care one way or the other. I just find it interesting. The research is fairly new, and I enjoy learning new things.
me too, I wish there was actually something worth learning here.

That's why I contributed the information about Neanderthal DNA. If you want to know more, I can hook you up with some sources.

If government was so clever and so wonderous at solving environmental issues why hasn't it contained the So Cal Methane disaster that is ongoing as we type to each other?

So a private driller screws up big, and it's the government's fault? Interesting logic. Is it your contention that the government needs to maintain a well-plugging SWAT team, ready to plug any leak, no matter how big, at a moment's notice?

You pro AGW so called enviro protectors answer why neither the state or the feds have stopped this disaster. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Because they were too busy getting their faces out there claiming they care about the planet.

So you spend decades screaming that government regulation of drilling is the most awful thing ever ... and now you claim there wasn't enough regulation.

Well done! <slow clap>

Fool I've been a conservationist for decades. I specifically concentrate on water. Look up Grassy Narrows. That's what set me on this path.

Now I not only believe in regulation but strict enforcement of regulations. I've done this a lot of years. Including fighting against intensive hog farms in southern Ontario to the point we had Kennedy up. Still fighting all the boil water advisories that exist north and south of our borders. In civilized lands this should not be allowed.

I'm not a bullshit person on a message board. I'm an activists.

What I resent is our governments being so tied into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that can be gained versus real solid solutions to our environmental problems.

Conservationist to the core. And I live it.

You - buying Al Gore's books, and swallowing his dick and everything that comes out of his idiot mouth, are the dumb fucks, stupid.

Rather than report every offending post, I'd like to remind everyone that the Environment folder is Zone 3, meaning that insult-only posts are not permitted. The deluge of noobs who just arrived might not realize that, so I'm telling them.
That noob is a FAILTroll hack from the get-go. Prolly a warbler sock

Anyway, as to the OP, we need more rational people in this sub-forum so welcome and again- thank you

You got all hell breaking loose with this methane disaster but nary a peep from the guys that want huge revenues for you know. Saving the planet.
First of all, you silly person, how the hell is the government responsible for a private companies disasters? You are one damned stupid person to post what you did.

Are you going to tell me that of all souls Governor Brown is helpless to move in and assist the company with containing this leak. And it's a biggie. Tell me you really aren't trying to tell me that on a state or federal level nothing can be done?

:lmao:

That's why I contributed the information about Neanderthal DNA. If you want to know more, I can hook you up with some sources.
for what use? Why is that important for you? It isn't on my list today.

Would you like them to be "on the hook" for cleaning-up the inevitable spills from other for-profit operations like the proposed KXL because that is what would have been the case had not our proud, two-term, Democrat President circular filed it :afro:

Why should the govt (taxpayers) pay to fix for-profit messes?

Would you like them to be "on the hook" for cleaning-up the inevitable spills from other for-profit operations like the proposed KXL because that is what would have been the case had not our proud, two-term, Democrat President circular filed it :afro:

Why should the govt (taxpayers) pay to fix for-profit messes?

Keystone has always paid for any clean up. Right in the agreements. Taxpayers never on the hook. Ever.

And always remember the Keystone is built. Just not the XL extension.

Now Dot I'm panicking now because you have rail to the Mississippi. They joke about the Athabasca on old Miss. You're taking the crude off of rail and transferring to barges on the Mississippi.

I don't get a warm and fuzzy on this Dot. Not at all. You get one barge going down. Whoa yowzah.

So a private driller screws up big, and it's the government's fault? Interesting logic. Is it your contention that the government needs to maintain a well-plugging SWAT team, ready to plug any leak, no matter how big, at a moment's notice?

So you spend decades screaming that government regulation of drilling is the most awful thing ever ... and now you claim there wasn't enough regulation.

Well done! <slow clap>

Fool I've been a conservationist for decades. I specifically concentrate on water. Look up Grassy Narrows. That's what set me on this path.

Now I not only believe in regulation but strict enforcement of regulations. I've done this a lot of years. Including fighting against intensive hog farms in southern Ontario to the point we had Kennedy up. Still fighting all the boil water advisories that exist north and south of our borders. In civilized lands this should not be allowed.

What I resent is our governments being so tied into $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that can be gained versus real solid solutions to our environmental problems.

Sure, Tiny, sure. And that is why you consistently blame any and all governments for the sins of private companies. So, you really think that the Government of California has the equipment to drill and plug that well?

In Porter Ranch, ongoing gas leak seeps the joy out of Christmas

Despite repeated assurances that the fumes pose no serious health risks, many residents are skeptical and say they have reason not to trust SoCal Gas. The company's formal summary of tests taken Nov. 12 in the community said that levels of hazardous sulfur compounds were "intermittent, very low" and below state standards.

That isn't true. The tests had found hydrogen sulfide levels of 183 parts per billion — six times the state standard for a chemical that can be poisonous.

The company said the hydrogen sulfide was released during an early attempt to stop the leak at the wellhead, one of several methods SoCal Gas tried before giving up and embarking on the lengthy process of drilling relief wells to intercept and plug the damaged well.

Lisa Larroque Alexander, director of technology solutions at SoCal Gas, described the omission in report as an "oversight" and said, "We are making the correction."

But the damage to the company's credibility has been done.

I think your credibility is about the same as that of SoCal.

Well done! <slow clap>

Sure, Tiny, sure. And that is why you consistently blame any and all governments for the sins of private companies. So, you really think that the Government of California has the equipment to drill and plug that well?

In Porter Ranch, ongoing gas leak seeps the joy out of Christmas

Despite repeated assurances that the fumes pose no serious health risks, many residents are skeptical and say they have reason not to trust SoCal Gas. The company's formal summary of tests taken Nov. 12 in the community said that levels of hazardous sulfur compounds were "intermittent, very low" and below state standards.

That isn't true. The tests had found hydrogen sulfide levels of 183 parts per billion — six times the state standard for a chemical that can be poisonous.

The company said the hydrogen sulfide was released during an early attempt to stop the leak at the wellhead, one of several methods SoCal Gas tried before giving up and embarking on the lengthy process of drilling relief wells to intercept and plug the damaged well.

Lisa Larroque Alexander, director of technology solutions at SoCal Gas, described the omission in report as an "oversight" and said, "We are making the correction."

But the damage to the company's credibility has been done.

I think your credibility is about the same as that of SoCal.

I'm blaming Jerry for not stepping in. Here's where you could actually have government action make a difference.

Oh and by the way why don't you just put together a list of me consistently blaming any and all governments for the sins of private companies.

Can't wait.

:)

for what use? Why is that important for you? It isn't on my list today.

Thought you might be interested, that's all.

This man attempts to explain Global Warming in his new book. It has nothing to do with man's actions but is a natural phenomena. So, we should not concern ourselves with it or make any policies that may curb this warming.

0001-116096628.png

I'm blaming Jerry for not stepping in.

And doing what?

Offering the company any and all resources to get at least one or two relief wells dug. It looks like there is no stopping the methane leak. Trust me this is really really bad. To release the pressure and diffuse it you have to have at least one other system to pipe up the methane. Better still drill two or three more to release the gas ASAP.

Have you ever seen a methane pipe that burns day and night? I have. Used to live near one and it was like this giant flame. Scary but controlled. I gather this situation out in SoCal has nothing controlled. And its bad.

Getting caught fudging data doesn't help either.
Of course, it was the deniers fudging the satellite data that got caught, but you knew that already.
where?
At the University of Alabama at Huntsville, Your MessiahRushie's official climatologist Roy Spencer and his partner in crime John Christy got caught fudging the satellite data turning warming into cooling by using the opposite sign to correct for diurnal satellite drift. The deniers, of course, said the UAH data was the only accurate data and used the fudged UAH data to discredit all the honest and accurate ground data, and they continue to this day to discredit the ground data even after the fudged UAH data was exposed. Deniers just pretend they never heard about the fudged UAH satellite data so they can keep on lying.

August 9, 2007

RUSH: I got a note here from our official climatologist Roy Spencer, University of Alabama at Huntsville. He is a genuine scientist

Forum List

Back