🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How To Negotiate With Terrorists: Figure Out Clearly What It Is They Want

Should we:

• Ask the terrorists now what it is they want and go from there.

• Wait awhile and have to ask them later what it is they want and go from there.

• Never ask them what they want and live in perpetual fear.

• Just dive head first into WWIII, even though they're everywhere now and no concentrated target.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Yeah Yeah I know. "We don't negotiate with terrorists". So to you I say, "Get back to me when you're exhausted playing whack-a-mole"..

Meanwhile in the real world, some of us are wondering what exactly it is these young men blowing themselves up actually want. I mean has anyone ever sat down with any of them and said "what exactly are your demands?"

Just putting it out there. Usually when people blow themselves up, they're upset about something. Say we ask them "what are you upset about?" Maybe interview one with his voice changed or just with a shroud blocking his face. "What are your demands?"

Would it really hurt to ask? Would it really hurt to listen? What's more painful, all these insane acts of violence or just setting national pride aside and saying "OK, you've got our attention". I mean it's obvious they have our attention. That cat has already been out of the bag for some time. So might as well acknowledge it.

I suspect if they could enunciate their demands and desires in a list or something, it would 1. Better help them understand what they are for (or against) and 2. Get them to focus on specific goals instead of just random and fruitless acts of violence just for violence's sake. 3. Once they are focused, they could appoint leadership to issue demands and perhaps the UN could grant them an audience? Perhaps draw up a treaty?

Anyone who is familiar with "The Godfather" understands that what's going on isn't all that different from mob wars. You can hold out and act proud for only so long but when the horse's head winds up in your bed, you have to wake up and realize a truce might be the best way to go.

I know I'm going to get tons and tons of criticism for this idea but frankly I don't give a crap. You know how I am.

Last edited:
1) Give terrorists 150 billion dollars

2) Make them promise that they won't develop nuclear weapons

3) Remove all economic sanctions against them

4) Ask for very, very little in return

:alirulz::alirulz::alirulz:

1. Nah, they have money. It can't be money they want that badly.
2. No need for nukes if people are doing negotiations and getting somewhere. Like, enunciating even to themselves what it really is they're after.
3. See #2.
4. No, peace is not "very very little". It's everything in this case.

But I get the stab at Obama. The dude just never belonged in the Oval Office.

According to ISIL propaganda, they want to establish a caliphate in the ME, and then convert the rest of the world to Islam.

No, I don't think that you can negotiate with terms like those.

The worst enemy you could possibly face is the one who isn't afraid to die and who has been brainwashed by maniacs and a perverted interpretation of his religious beliefs. Imagine searching for a perpetrator who believes in a perverted paradise if he kills you and dies in the act. These people are monsters and there is no solution other than convincing them that they cannot win no matter what they do.

The worst enemy you could possibly face is the one who isn't afraid to die and who has been brainwashed by maniacs and a perverted interpretation of his religious beliefs. Imagine searching for a perpetrator who believes in a perverted paradise if he kills you and dies in the act. These people are monsters and there is no solution other than convincing them that they cannot win no matter what they do.

The west is toast. Does not have the will, like in WWII, of doing what needs to be done. Jihadists know this!

Yeah Yeah I know. "We don't negotiate with terrorists". So to you I say, "Get back to me when you're exhausted playing whack-a-mole"..

Meanwhile in the real world, some of us are wondering what exactly it is these young men blowing themselves up actually want. I mean has anyone ever sat down with any of them and said "what exactly are your demands?"

Just putting it out there. Usually when people blow themselves up, they're upset about something. Say we ask them "what are you upset about?" Maybe interview one with his voice changed or just with a shroud blocking his face. "What are your demands?"

Would it really hurt to ask? Would it really hurt to listen? What's more painful, all these insane acts of violence or just setting national pride aside and saying "OK, you've got our attention". I mean it's obvious they have our attention. That cat has already been out of the bag for some time. So might as well acknowledge it.

I suspect if they could enunciate their demands and desires in a list or something, it would 1. Better help them understand what they are for (or against) and 2. Get them to focus on specific goals instead of just random and fruitless acts of violence just for violence's sake. 3. Once they are focused, they could appoint leadership to issue demands and perhaps the UN could grant them an audience? Perhaps draw up a treaty?

Anyone who is familiar with "The Godfather" understands that what's going on isn't all that different from mob wars. You can hold out and act proud for only so long but when the horse's head winds up in your bed, you have to wake up and realize a truce might be the best way to go.

I know I'm going to get tons and tons of criticism for this idea but frankly I don't give a crap. You know how I am.

Yes....I agree...we must figure out what they want........and then kill them.

205_160283-1.jpg

YOU DON'T NEGOTIATE with terrorists. To do so - gives them leverage : an incentive to do the "same thing " again : funds them financially : places them in psychological control : places them "One up" on the good guys : increases the morale for terrorists leadership as well as subordinates : lets them bargain or negotiate for something to "make them stronger" : places them in hierarchy with other terrorists and terrorists organizations : creates a revolution ( never stopping event of kidnapping and terroristic events).

You don't negotiate with the bad guys.

This is how ( I - myself ) you are supposed negotiate :

Shadow 355

According to ISIL propaganda, they want to establish a caliphate in the ME, and then convert the rest of the world to Islam.

I see nothing wrong with inviting them into a room to listening to their demands though. At least if we bomb the room after we've listened.

Otherwise I see no point to it.

What if it's all about their interpreted view on religion. Can you really rationalize with a group of people that believe it's their God's will to cleanse the world of those who won't accept their version of faith? How do you fight an idea comprised of dedicated devotion to one's belief? A devotion that believes their cleansing of the world would bring the return of their Messiah? It may sound far fetch, but how long have Israel and Pallestine been at war over an interpretive view of religion? Why hasn't Palestine been able to accept Israel's existence as a neighbor with a right to their own religious values at a negotiation table? How long have we tried to talk peace? When you are brought up from birth with an indoctrination to hate someone based on their looks or take on religious rituals, because of the views shared by an ancestor's dedication to their faith ... How do you break the cycle?

But that's impossible. They're running amok, a disorganized "organization" sprinkled all over the world, glued only together by the blind fury they seem to engage in.

So the next best thing is to ask them "what is it you want"?

If this was true, I'd invite them to the table and ask them "which parts of Islam would you like all of the rest of the world to subscribe to?" Let them mull that over. Tell them in order to draft a treaty we'd need specifics.

But that's impossible. They're running amok, a disorganized "organization" sprinkled all over the world......

I disagree.

Terrorists have a command and control system, with targets controlled by the terror leadership.

They set a goal and target location, then they recon / survey that location ( people, population, timing, extend of damage planned and the costs to repair, what kind and how much terror and fear will they cause)

-----------------------------------
QUOTE = "The organizational structure of a group determines its strengths and weaknesses. A general knowledge of the prevalent models of terrorist organizations leads to a better understanding of their capabilities. Knowledge of the different labels and systems of classification that have been applied to groups and individuals aid us in discarding useless or irrelevant terms, and in understanding the purposes and usefulness of different terminologies."

Terrorist Groups

^ - ^ - ^ = "The organizational structure of a organization determines its strengths and weaknesses". This is very much true.

QUOTE = "Terrorist organizations are often characterized as cellular organizations composed of quasi-independent cells and distributed command."

JoSS: Journal of Social Structure

YOU HAVE to have a "command and control", otherwise people "trip over each other" and go over the same material and tasks. And resources - manpower - effort and success is compromised, and / or wasted -----> AS I HAVE DESCRIBED in my second book that I am now writing and working on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

While overseas, This is the "Criminal" structure that I was taught. Although in my "A.O" ( Area of operations ) while overseas ; my main concern was Spring time and student protesters.

QUOTE - "There are many different kinds of terrorism and terror-violence. During the 1970s, Frederick Hacker, MD, proposed that terrorism could be divided into, as the title of his book suggested, “Crusaders, Criminals, and Crazies.”

Terrorism and Mental Health

"Crazies" are the worst kind of criminal. Who would have thought, but the rationale that "Crazies" are the worse kind makes sense. They feel no pain for their action or remorse, and are not able to feel sorry. They are spontaneous and sudden. Mentally......they are "out there." Crazies fell no pain for their tasks, or their victims. Think Ted Bundy and Charles Manson all wrapped into one.

But that is my education from...... about twenty-six years ago.....so some of my training and education may have changed.

Terrorist are organized, they are just more secret than the Russian, Chinese or Japanese spy inside America steeling secrets. They have to be that way to succeed in their tasks. And to avoid capture and/or arrest.

Shadow 355

Hmmmm.. from where I'm sitting it's like trying to eradicate the mycelium of a mushroom complex. You think you've got it all figured out only to find a whole new crop shooting up somewhere else. And by the time the fruiting body pops up, it's too late.

I think it's time to think outside the box. What could it hurt asking them what they want? I for one am curious about the specifics. If they're going to bomb and maim anyway, why not at least know exactly and specifically why by asking them to enunciate it? I'm not just talking "Death to America!" or generalizations like that. I'm curious to know just what they would be happy with? An American homeland with scorched earth everywhere, radioactive for 200,000 years with nobody able to live on it. Just all the males dead? All the males and females dead? The children or not? Would they want all the animals and fish dead too?

Are blue burkas OK or would everyone have to wear black? Would everyone have to eat hummus and goat or would it be OK to eat hamburgers? Just weird mundane details of their utopian ideal. That's what I'd want them to discuss. I have my reasons.

I would ask the terrorists to read the Koran from cover to cover and back again to find their list of demands for the West. Anything less won't do.

I hate to obliterate your retarded talking point (not really) but... Iran has shipped out 25,000 pounds of enriched uranium , deactivated a breeder reactor, and dismantled 15,000 centrifuges, setting their nuclear weapons program back by several years.

14bt77.jpg

God...DAMMIT!!!

Forum List

Back