How Trump has broken the polls

Polls are rigged to manipulate the masses...but no one is falling for it anymore. The poll bandwagon effect is dead. Nobody with a ounce of common sense believes for a second that Biden can beat Trump. That leaves two alternatives. The pollees are lying or the pollers are. My money is on the pollers.
Bet you are not big on science or technology either. If you are in a plane and that altimeter is unwinding while you are having a sinking feeling, you should probably pay no attention to the pilot if he whole plan is to cuss the gauge maker, and throw a hissy fit.
If polls were science...Hillary would be President.

So much for that idea.

Apparently they are, since she beat him by three million votes.

Liar, she lost and she lost huge Trump whooped her ass winning 30 states and over 300 EC votes. :itsok:

Go ahead, check the numbers. Check any of my numbers. On anything. I get them straight before I post.

She lost the election she didn't beat him, just admit you were lying. I may as well slap you around further with facts, Hillary won by 4 million more votes in the single state of California. Trump whooped her ass by 1 million votes in the other 49 states. There now you have some numbers to chew on. :itsok:

538 members of the Electoral College
270 electoral votes needed to win
Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Donald Trump official portrait (cropped).jpgHillary Clinton by Gage Skidmore 2.jpg
NomineeDonald TrumpHillary Clinton
PartyRepublicanDemocratic
Home stateNew YorkNew York
Running mateMike PenceTim Kaine
Electoral vote304[a]227[a]
States carried30 + ME-0220 + DC
Popular vote62,984,82865,853,514
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

The media is overtly partisan. Why would the pollsters be any different?

They are both more interested in shaping opinion than disseminating facts.
You mean he cannot even hire internal pollster to make it come out his way?

Except the battleground polling was terrible. Nobody gives a shit about polling in NYC or LA. Hillary was supposed the win Pennsylvania by 8 points. WTF happened. It was off in every battleground state and was all biased for Hillary.

Glad I wasn't stupid enough, or uncaring about bad character to vote for one of the two POS candidates in 2016. Trumpsters saved us from Hillary. Now Biden will have to save us from Trump. When both candidates deserve to lose, you stuck with a loser after the election and the whole country loses.

If you are able to be duped into thinking that Hillary Clinton is anything but a competent and devoted public servant, you are the kind of person who could be talked into just about anything.

Do you think she had people killed? Did she sell Uranium to Russia? Shit.
She sucked as much as trump and I knew it.

Polls are rigged to manipulate the masses...but no one is falling for it anymore. The poll bandwagon effect is dead. Nobody with a ounce of common sense believes for a second that Biden can beat Trump. That leaves two alternatives. The pollees are lying or the pollers are. My money is on the pollers.
Bet you are not big on science or technology either. If you are in a plane and that altimeter is unwinding while you are having a sinking feeling, you should probably pay no attention to the pilot if he whole plan is to cuss the gauge maker, and throw a hissy fit.

So much for that idea.

Liar, she lost and she lost huge Trump whooped her ass winning 30 states and over 300 EC votes. :itsok:

Go ahead, check the numbers. Check any of my numbers. On anything. I get them straight before I post.

She lost the election she didn't beat him, just admit you were lying. I may as well slap you around further with facts, Hillary won by 4 million more votes in the single state of California. Trump whooped her ass by 1 million votes in the other 49 states. There now you have some numbers to chew on. :itsok:

Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Donald Trump official portrait (cropped).jpgHillary Clinton by Gage Skidmore 2.jpg
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

Except the battleground polling was terrible. Nobody gives a shit about polling in NYC or LA. Hillary was supposed the win Pennsylvania by 8 points. WTF happened. It was off in every battleground state and was all biased for Hillary.

From the link:

>> As the 2016 campaign comes to a close, YouGov’s final polls indicate that Donald Trump’s Presidential bid will fail in a set of must-win Battleground states, such as North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Nevada. <<​
And in fact Rump could not win any of those states. Check the vote totals.
Trump has made gains in Florida, where he is now tied with Clinton, and Ohio, where he holds a narrow lead. <<​
Of those two, Rump won Ohio. Could not bust 50% in Florida.
>> However, to win the necessary 270 electoral votes for a majority, Trump will need to carry at least three of Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. <<​
-- which is exactly what happened. All four in fact.

Notice that last part is about Electoral votes, where the previous is about voter votes. The shift is right after the word "However", where it should be.

So much for that idea.

Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

Glad I wasn't stupid enough, or uncaring about bad character to vote for one of the two POS candidates in 2016. Trumpsters saved us from Hillary. Now Biden will have to save us from Trump. When both candidates deserve to lose, you stuck with a loser after the election and the whole country loses.

If you are able to be duped into thinking that Hillary Clinton is anything but a competent and devoted public servant, you are the kind of person who could be talked into just about anything.

Sure ya did.

So much for that idea.

Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

Sure ya did.
Vote Gary Johnson, the Libertarian guy. Figured if the country figured out how unfit the the two party ass-hats were, I could smoke a joint and blow it off for 4 years, since I was retired, and he would have been about as effective as Carter when he ran as an outsider, so he was treated like one.

Unfortunately for your fantasy we don't have elections via cherrypicking. I'm sure cherries are delicious and all but your logic here is full of fruit flies.

The fact remains, polling said Clinton would draw more fruit flies votes, and she did, although by the time the date was nearing it was too close to call, due to the dysfunction of the Electrical College. But you can't poll the EC.

Oh God the irony meter just broke. You said, "she beat him by three million votes" which is at best cherry picking and more akin to an outright lie. She didn't beat him at anything. No such popular vote election took place. No popular vote campaign strategy. No popular vote campaign ads. Nobody knows who may have won a popular vote election had one taken place.

Excellent strawman collection. eBay?

I didn't say there was any particular kind of campaign, now did I.

You were patently DISHONEST its not up for debate it's right there in your own words.

I'm afraid it isn't. You just made it up.

Go cry in your pillow while we control the Senate, White House, and SCOTUS. Make up whatever story dries your tears. :auiqs.jpg:

Whatever. You still made it up, liar.

So much for that idea.

But she lost according to the actual rules........

You asshats...you do realize that in Football, you win by scoring Touchdowns, not by how many yards you run....right? That you win in Chess by capturing one piece, the King, not by capturing more pieces...right?

I know you morons don't care about rules....but we have them...and we have them to protect people from you.

NOCH EINMAL für die Idioten --- the question wasn't about how the process works, IT WAS ABOUT WHAT THE POLLS SAID, Dumbass.

I disagree the leftist believe everything they're told to believe. Group think.

So much for that idea.

Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

Sure ya did.
Vote Gary Johnson, the Libertarian guy. Figured if the country figured out how unfit the the two party ass-hats were, I could smoke a joint and blow it off for 4 years, since I was retired, and he would have been about as effective as Carter when he ran as an outsider, so he was treated like one.

You believe lies about Hillary Clinton to the point that you think she’s “as bad as Trump”. Like I said, you can probably be convinced of anything.

That's just supposition. It could also be that left-leaning individuals are drawn to journalism.

Right leaning journalists are NOT tolerated by the left. Hell even left leaning journalists have been run out of newsrooms for saying something contrary to the liberal narrative.

Why would a journalist be "leaning" right OR left? That ain't what journalism is. That's what commentary is.

Maybe in your made up liberal fantasy world. :itsok:

Obviously you don't know the meaning of "journalism". Which means you're bandying about terms you don't underrstand. You should stop that.

I know the meaning of "journolist" OH SNAP! So much for your trolling.

NO, in practice they can nominate whoever, period.

Sure...they COULD do something ridiculously stupid...but they won't.

The Bernie supporters already know the fix it's in...pass Bernie over and see what happens.

I suspect it will be the end off the Democrat party as we know it.

Well then you're as easily impressed as you are a bad speller.

The Democratic Party has been around for almost 190 years. Oldest political party in the world. That's in no way a good thing, but it isn't gonna be blown over by an orange clown in the Daze of Duopoly based on some internet message board's wishful thinking. Hell it's already survived major schisms in 1860. 1864, 1872, 1948 and 1968. Oh speaking of 1968 guess how many primaries that year's candidate won. Zero.
The schism between the progressives and the moderates is at the root of the dilemma. Pass over Bernie for a candidate that didn't run in the primary and the Progressives will break free and start their own party...that is my prediction. Why stay with a party that keeps fucking them over.

Ditch Biden and pass over Bernie. Then we'll see who is right. I'll be happy either way. Will you?

That's just supposition. It could also be that left-leaning individuals are drawn to journalism.

Right leaning journalists are NOT tolerated by the left. Hell even left leaning journalists have been run out of newsrooms for saying something contrary to the liberal narrative.

Why would a journalist be "leaning" right OR left? That ain't what journalism is. That's what commentary is.

Maybe in your made up liberal fantasy world. :itsok:

Obviously you don't know the meaning of "journalism". Which means you're bandying about terms you don't underrstand. You should stop that.

I know the meaning of "journolist" OH SNAP! So much for your trolling.

Actually so much for your spelling. But hey, you can't understand the word, why should you be able to spell it.

And if Biden wins little will change..
oh a great deal will change ! biden has moved so far to the left that calling him a socialist would be an accurate description ...the democratic party is now the socialist party of America .
Yet, which president just handed out 3 trillion dollars for free to businesses that claim that capitalism needs not live off of other people's money? And you want to claim that the Dem's are the only socialist in town...??
Yanno, it's not just ignorant (and incorrect) to believe Trump "handed out 3 trillion dollars for free to businesses," it's downright stupid. It was congress that produced the emergency aid bills, perhaps with an eye toward history. It was Hoover's refusal to bust the federal budget in 1929-1932 that allowed a panic to become the Great Depression.

And it's not the new debt incurred that is so worrisome but rather decades of deficit gov't spending.

The Bernie supporters already know the fix it's in...pass Bernie over and see what happens.

The Democratic Party has been around for almost 190 years. Oldest political party in the world. That's in no way a good thing, but it isn't gonna be blown over by an orange clown in the Daze of Duopoly based on some internet message board's wishful thinking. Hell it's already survived major schisms in 1860. 1864, 1872, 1948 and 1968. Oh speaking of 1968 guess how many primaries that year's candidate won. Zero.
The schism between the progressives and the moderates is at the root of the dilemma. Pass over Bernie for a candidate that didn't run in the primary and the Progressives will break free and start their own party...that is my prediction. Why stay with a party that keeps fucking them over.

Ditch Biden and pass over Bernie. Then we'll see who is right. I'll be happy either way. Will you?

I don't care "who is right". I'm just laying out what the possibilities are and aren't. As for that 'schism" it's far more in the heads of internet mythologists than in the real world, not at all comparable in scale to those of, say, 1860 or 1968, and those didn't destroy the party did they. Even in 1948 when the renegades ran their own counter-campaign and even got the Democrat replaced on (at least one) state ballot with themselves, the schism abruptly collapsed.

There actually was a thread just recently about another party starting up, the "People's Party" A nice idea in principle, but practical? Especially during a pandemic lockdown/semi-lockdown? In the same year as the election? With a Duopoly that already controls the message and the media? Don't get me wrong, more power to them, but I wouldn't bet the house.

That announcement did however spur me to note Gore Vidal's comment from decades past --- "As for a third party, we tried that in 1972, the People's Party. Unfortunately we hadn't remembered that in order to have a third party you must first have two other parties".

Last edited:
Saw that coming from a mile away. Nate Silver...538...

View attachment 331529

BOOM. Not science...Next fallacy?

AGAIN -- check those three crucial states. They're all blue here, they all went red there, by a COMBINED margin of something like 77,000 votes. CUMULATIVE.

Ditto Florida, which btw is yet another state Rump couldn't pull a 50% in, blue here, red there Ditto North Cackalackee, same thing.

Besides which you give no DATE for this poll, so there's another way you can "rig" a poll.

So much for that idea.

Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

From the link:

>> As the 2016 campaign comes to a close, YouGov’s final polls indicate that Donald Trump’s Presidential bid will fail in a set of must-win Battleground states, such as North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Nevada. <<​
Trump has made gains in Florida, where he is now tied with Clinton, and Ohio, where he holds a narrow lead. <<​
>> However, to win the necessary 270 electoral votes for a majority, Trump will need to carry at least three of Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. <<​

Notice that last part is about Electoral votes, where the previous is about voter votes. The shift is right after the word "However", where it should be.

You've got lots of cool stories bro.
Here's one of mine and it's only facts.
You lost. Trump won.

Saw that coming from a mile away. Nate Silver...538...

View attachment 331529

BOOM. Not science...Next fallacy?

AGAIN -- check those three crucial states. They're all blue here, they all went red there, by a COMBINED margin of something like 77,000 votes. CUMULATIVE.

Ditto Florida, which btw is yet another state Rump couldn't pull a 50% in, blue here, red there Ditto North Cackalackee, same thing.

Besides which you give no DATE for this poll, so there's another way you can "rig" a poll.

So much for that idea.

Opinion polls
Turnout55.7%[1]
Increase
0.8 pp
Percentage46.1%48.2%

Agree to an extent.

From the link:

You've got lots of cool stories bro.
Here's one of mine and it's only facts.
You lost. Trump won.

Losers (laughs and points at Pogo's team)

I don't care "who is right". I'm just laying out what the possibilities are and aren't.

There actually was a thread just recently about another party starting up, the "People's Party" A nice idea in principle, but practical? Especially during a pandemic lockdown/semi-lockdown? In the same year as the election? With a Duopoly that already controls the message and the media? Don't get me wrong, more power to them, but I wouldn't bet the house.

That announcement did however spur me to note Gore Vidal's comment from decades past --- "As for a third party, we tried that in 1972, the People's Party. Unfortunately we hadn't remembered that in order to have a third party you must first have two other parties".
There is what is possible...then there is what is pragmatic. It's possible to jump from a 10 story building and survive...but if the alternative isn't certain death...I wouldn't recommend it.

Forum List

Back