How's That "Lesser Of Two Evils" Working For Ya?

All signs are indicating the voters of 2024 will have to choose between a low-IQ thieving rapist and a soft-headed octogenarian who walks like his shoelaces are tied together.

This is what happens when we keep picking two evils to choose from. The choices devolve and devolve over time.

When you vote for the lesser of two EVILS, you are still voting for EVIL. This is why I have been writing in random names at the federal level from 2006 to 2014.

In 2016, I voted Ted Cruz in honor of my mother who had died just before the election. She was a Cruz supporter. I am so glad she did not live to see what a black mass of gutter sludge he turned out to be.

In 2020, I voted Libertarian since the Libertarian Party is now closer to my belief system than the hollow shell which used to be the GOP, even though there are several points with which I disagree with the LP.

Only about one-quarter of Americans votes in the primaries. This gives the energetic retards a tactical advantage.

We need EVERYONE to vote in the primaries. The primaries are more important than the general election. This is where we can weed out the maniacs, psychopaths, bigots, and the unqualified. We are allowing the energetic retards to choose which two evils we must pick from in the general.

Another big factor in the election is that voters are choosing who they think can win rather than who is best for America. They vote for the one who can fight the dirtiest, promises the most cash and prizes, and has the best zingers.

So here we are. How's it working for ya?

At the core of the American democratic experiment is the idea that our government derives its power and legitimacy from the consent of the governed. That consent is expressed in its fullest when voters elect their representatives. Yet, as this report shows, every four years, about 80% of eligible voters do not participate in some of the most determinative contests in our democracy: midterm primary elections.

In U.S. elections since 2000, the average turnout rate for primary elections is 27% of registered voters.
You are naive if you think third party is the answer, basically saying that the lesser of three evils would work out.

Absolutely. At the same time, though, I have to wonder if it's too late.

I'll remain hopeful, though.
Hitting it at the local level is key. The opposition to RCV, or any reform that jeopardizes the Lo2e game, will come from partisans - because it's what keeps them in power. But partisan lunacy is harder to maintain at the local level, where the opposition voters you're trying to demonize are your neighbors.

It's not so much third party. Just stop voting for shit. As long as you keep voting for shit, they'll keep serving you shit.
What are you supposed to vote for? I mean the only choices we have are Republicans and Democrats. Voting for different Republicans and Democrats isn't the solution. And, most of the third parties are even more extreme that Republicans and Democrats. And, again, people are naive if they think that voting for other is going to bring different results. You need money and party support to win, so that's the case whether you vote R's, D's, or little green candidates from Mars.

What are you supposed to vote for?
I don't care. Just don't vote for shit. If you can't think of someone decent to vote for, don't vote.
I mean the only choices we have are Republicans and Democrats.
That's a lie. It really is. It's simply not true.
Voting for different Republicans and Democrats isn't the solution.
The solution is to stop voting for bad candidates. Ignore the Lo2e con. Don't fall for it.
And, again, people are naive if they think that voting for other is going to bring different results.
As naive as thinking that voting for bad candidates on purpose will lead to good results??

I don't care. Just don't vote for shit. If you can't think of someone decent to vote for, don't vote.

That's a lie. It really is. It's simply not true.

The solution is to stop voting for bad candidates. Ignore the Lo2e con. Don't fall for it.

As naive as thinking that voting for bad candidates on purpose will lead to good results??
There is no one decent to vote for. So, are you recommending people don't vote? If you say they shouldn't vote for shit then you must have some idea of what or who you think they should be voting for.

There is no one decent to vote for. So, are you recommending people don't vote?
Well, I don't believe that's true. I think you're just caught up on the lie that a vote for someone who doesn't win is "wasted". It's not. A vote for someone you don't believe in is the true waste.
If you say they shouldn't vote for shit then you must have some idea of what or who you think they should be voting for.
Not really - that's the point I'm making here. If you really think Trump isn't shit, if you think he'll make a good president, vote for him. But if you think he's shit, don't vote for him. It's a simple decision tree. Just don't let the fear mongers scare you into doing something stupid (like vote for their shitty candidate).

Well, I don't believe that's true. I think you're just caught up on the lie that a vote for someone who doesn't win is "wasted". It's not. A vote for someone you don't believe in is the true waste.

Not really - that's the point I'm making here. If you really think Trump isn't shit, if you think he'll make a good president, vote for him. But if you think he's shit, don't vote for him. It's a simple decision tree. Just don't let the fear mongers scare you into doing something stupid (like vote for their shitty candidate).
That actually makes no sense. You just basically said voters should vote for who they believe are good candidates, whether it is Trump, or not Trump or whomever. That's what voters actually do. Nobody votes for shit they don't want.

That actually makes no sense. You just basically said voters should vote for who they believe are good candidates, whether it is Trump, or not Trump or whomever. That's what voters actually do.
Not all of them. Not even most of them. That's the point of the thread. Most of them fall for the lesser of two evils scam. Most of them say "I know (Biden or Trump) sucks, but if I don't vote for (Biden or Trump), (Biden or Trump) will win and (Biden or Trump) scares the bejezus out of me."

If you find yourself muttering, "Yeah, I know (Biden or Trump) sucks, but ..." - just stop right there.

Not all of them. Not even most of them. That's the point of the thread. Most of them fall for the lesser of two evils scam. Most of them say "I know (Biden or Trump) sucks, but if I don't vote for (Biden or Trump), (Biden or Trump) will win and (Biden or Trump) scares the bejezus out of me."

If you find yourself muttering, "Yeah, I know (Biden or Trump) sucks, but ..." - just stop right there.
You are just replacing the lesser of two evils with the lesser of three evils. Not much difference. It is naive to believe the third option would actually work and you won't even tell us what you think the third options is.

It's really not that hard. Just vote your conscience. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated to vote for a shady person just because they are the "only choice" you're presented with, and because the PTSB has scared you into voting against the "greater evil". :rolleyes: It's a scam. It's a scam! How many times does this have to be said before it gets through some of the thick heads here.

You are just replacing the lesser of two evils with the lesser of three evils. Not much difference. It is naive to believe the third option would actually work and you won't even tell us what you think the third options is.
I say again: My vote has to be EARNED.

No thieving sore loser traitorous rapist is going to get it. No soft-headed octogenarian who doesn't know what planet he is on is going to get it.

Says the person who refuses to say who we should actually vote for. You can do better than that.
Ok, here (you apparently need very specific instructions): If you're tempted to vote for a bad candidate, instead, write in "my dick". Now, it's true, there's a chance your dick won't win - but that's ok. At least you won't be voting for a bad candidate. Got it?

Forum List

Back