Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

It is sick to insist a 10 yr old little girl MUST have a baby.
It's sicker to subject her to a dangerous, illegal abortion at the behest of her abusers. Abortion doesn't cure rape, dumbass. It makes it worse.

The little girl's mother wanted an abortion - but authorities wouldn't allow it. Are you suggesting the mother was also an abuser?
I'm suggesting she was willing to risk her daughter's life to cover a crime that she should have prevented. At best.

So, you must have personal insight into this family. Please share it with us.
I have insight into the world of sex abuse as I have worked for decades with victims, puke.

oh look the anonymous internet person who just happens to claim expertise on a specific topic.

How novel.

You are sick.
It's sick to insist a ten year old should go to an abortionist instead of a real doctor. In this case a back alley abortionist. Though all pp abortionists are unqualified, un monitored back alley abortionists.

It's sicker to subject her to a dangerous, illegal abortion at the behest of her abusers. Abortion doesn't cure rape, dumbass. It makes it worse.

You don't know that it's a "dangerous illegal abortion" - had the government allowed it, she would likely have had it done in a hospital. Forcing her to carry a pregnancy like that through to birth is every bit as abusive as the actions of those who got her pregnant. No one - NO ONE is looking out for the child here.
No, it's not. It's scary and sad when women hate their sex so much they're willing to inflict death to hide the crimes of men.

How does an abortion hide rape?

Thousands of women get raped without getting pregnant.

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

What's worse... living with the fact that you killed your own child?
Or going through 9 months of pregnancy and putting him/her up for adoption?

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

That's a woman's choice depending on her individual circumstances. Right?

It's sick to insist a ten year old should go to an abortionist instead of a real doctor. In this case a back alley abortionist. Though all pp abortionists are unqualified, un monitored back alley abortionists.

You don't know that it's a "dangerous illegal abortion" - had the government allowed it, she would likely have had it done in a hospital. Forcing her to carry a pregnancy like that through to birth is every bit as abusive as the actions of those who got her pregnant. No one - NO ONE is looking out for the child here.
No, it's not. It's scary and sad when women hate their sex so much they're willing to inflict death to hide the crimes of men.

I think she's insisting that the ten year old child should give birth to teach the rapist a harsh lesson.
You must admit that her logic is hard to argue against.

Nope, not in Paraguay and the law is the law, right?

I think she's insisting that the ten year old child should give birth to teach the rapist a harsh lesson.
You must admit that her logic is hard to argue against.

Huh?

I don't know.
Is it my choice to kill if someone is inconveniencing me physically?

Every single time a politician says they are pro-life, a journalist, like a well-trained seal, immediately asks, "What about in cases of rape and incest?"

Every. Single. Time.

They immediately grab their human shields. It has become a reflex action.

Sick.

That's because sane people can't grasp why anyone would oppose abortion for incest, rape and life of woman.
You believe in killing the victims to protect the abusers.

The woman is the victim.
The girl certainly is. So why do you insist on victimizing her again? Oh yeah....to hide the rape, protect the abuser, and line abortionists' coffers.

I don't know.

Yep - per Roe v. Wade.

I don't know.

Yep - per Roe v. Wade.

Roe vs Wade does not apply in this case

Nope, not in Paraguay and the law is the law, right?

The law in the US is that women have a RIGHT to an abortion.

so...the law is the law, right?

Ad the cruelty of killing an unborn child? That is a Christian value?
Frankly I find it amusing when an obvious secularist like you starts talking about Christian values, like you give a shit what they are or even have a clue about them.

Go back to you bible. Birth control and abortions are there. Bible does not prohibit either. Nor is a baby recognized as human till one month after birth.
Stop trying to make christians look stupid by waving a bible around on the issue of abortion and birth control.
The right of birth control and choice when to become a mother empowers women. Take that right away and she goes back to being little more than a slave.
Women of the bible are strong and can become leaders of men. How far are you going to turn the clock back?

Anti-abortion is not christian, it is barbaric slavery. Children should be wanted and love, that is moral. Unwanted and disposable children after birth is not, but that is what happens to the infants. There are millions of babies and children in the world that need good homes. The planet is over populated. This is not the age of the black death where half the population.

Not all people in the US or the planet are christian, stop trying to defame christians by pretending this is a christian issue, especially since you don't even know your bible. It is up to the woman to decide if she is ready to be a mother, not you or anyone else.

misogynist fundies come in all denominations. thank G-d my world isn't as ugly as his.
Abortion is such a lovely thing. We should inflict it upon as many Jews as possible, don't you think?

not lovely..... but none of your business.

stay out of other people's lives.

no one is wise enough to make those decisions for others.... particularly religious nutters
. Abortion is the religion of pigs who have no objection to men cutting up little girls on bloody tables.

You are not reading your OT then. Birth control and abortions are permitted, and its not a living valuable human till one month after birth. Run along to your bible and stop being stark raving raving while everyone else are trying to have rational discussions.

No one wants her to have back alley abortions with a coat hanger. We are discussing abortions in a hospital or clinic. We are talking about saving the child's life, before being concerned for the fetus. All medical treatment begins with the life in front of the doctor, not one that has not yet been born.
We are talking about the physical health of the child as well as her mental health. We are talking about saving her reproductive system for later in her life if and when she is ready to be a loving mother.
We are talking about the life living now, the child that was raped.

She was raped and only 11 yrs old. If you are going to go on a rage, get upset by that. Her little body is not ready for pregnancy or child birth, even by c-section.

Rage about the man that raped a child so young. Rage about a mother that would let it happen and that never questioned the child's behavior.

You care more about a fetus than about that poor child. That is horrid. That little girl matters, yes more than the spawn of a rapist they may or not make it. With all the girl has gone through a pregnancy is only making it worse. The thought of the child and the fetus being raised together............ I'm sorry but to remind the child every day of her life looking at the infant??????? It was no conceived out of love. I'd think it would be torture to her every day. She is far too young to be out through all that.

and you thing we are bad because we care for the child?

Go rage to a cup of chamomile tea, or two, or three

I can not understand forcing a 10 year old to have a child.
How in your foggy head is it anybody's fault but the ABUSERS' that she is pregnant? You want to heap more injury, pain and death upon a traumatized girl to spare you the discomfort of facing the reality of the situation....and to protect the abuser. Yet you think more abuse and degradation is preferable to just waiting the pregnancy out. You are a rare twisted soul. Thank god you baby killing zealots are a tiny, extremist minority.

The media should stop sucking up to the RWnuts and in the next debate,

this should be the 1st question to the GOP candidates...

do you agree with the Paraguay decision or not.

I don't know.

Yep - per Roe v. Wade.

Roe vs Wade does not apply in this case

Try harder to make the mental transition between Paraguay and U.S./Huckabee. It'll be less taxing on your brain.

Go back to you bible. Birth control and abortions are there. Bible does not prohibit either. Nor is a baby recognized as human till one month after birth.
Stop trying to make christians look stupid by waving a bible around on the issue of abortion and birth control.
The right of birth control and choice when to become a mother empowers women. Take that right away and she goes back to being little more than a slave.
Women of the bible are strong and can become leaders of men. How far are you going to turn the clock back?

Anti-abortion is not christian, it is barbaric slavery. Children should be wanted and love, that is moral. Unwanted and disposable children after birth is not, but that is what happens to the infants. There are millions of babies and children in the world that need good homes. The planet is over populated. This is not the age of the black death where half the population.

Not all people in the US or the planet are christian, stop trying to defame christians by pretending this is a christian issue, especially since you don't even know your bible. It is up to the woman to decide if she is ready to be a mother, not you or anyone else.

misogynist fundies come in all denominations. thank G-d my world isn't as ugly as his.
Abortion is such a lovely thing. We should inflict it upon as many Jews as possible, don't you think?

not lovely..... but none of your business.

stay out of other people's lives.

no one is wise enough to make those decisions for others.... particularly religious nutters
. Abortion is the religion of pigs who have no objection to men cutting up little girls on bloody tables.

You are not reading your OT then. Birth control and abortions are permitted, and its not a living valuable human till one month after birth. Run along to your bible and stop being stark raving raving while everyone else are trying to have rational discussions.

No one wants her to have back alley abortions with a coat hanger. We are discussing abortions in a hospital or clinic. We are talking about saving the child's life, before being concerned for the fetus. All medical treatment begins with the life in front of the doctor, not one that has not yet been born.
We are talking about the physical health of the child as well as her mental health. We are talking about saving her reproductive system for later in her life if and when she is ready to be a loving mother.
We are talking about the life living now, the child that was raped.

She was raped and only 11 yrs old. If you are going to go on a rage, get upset by that. Her little body is not ready for pregnancy or child birth, even by c-section.

Rage about the man that raped a child so young. Rage about a mother that would let it happen and that never questioned the child's behavior.

You care more about a fetus than about that poor child. That is horrid. That little girl matters, yes more than the spawn of a rapist they may or not make it. With all the girl has gone through a pregnancy is only making it worse. The thought of the child and the fetus being raised together............ I'm sorry but to remind the child every day of her life looking at the infant??????? It was no conceived out of love. I'd think it would be torture to her every day. She is far too young to be out through all that.

and you thing we are bad because we care for the child?

Go rage to a cup of chamomile tea, or two, or three
He raged. Sorry, I stopped reading after the first spittle spraying sentence, hysteric.

Forum List

Back