I attempted a social experiment on another forum seeking white opinion of blacks.

I asked if the white forum participants could list 5 things that they admire about black people that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. Or what are 5 positive stereotypes held about blacks that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. I posted it in a forum for politics and controversies, which I deemed my question would fall under the latter. After a day, no one could come up with one single thing that they admired about black people.....and eventually the topic got deleted and I was banned for 30 days from the forum.

I mean....Asians are considered smart by many whites. If the "smart Asian" is a stereotype or something that whites admire or associate with Asians in general, you can see how that could work to benefit Asian in hiring and investment, because they can see an ROI, by white employers who tend to look for best and the brightest.

Then you have Hispanic or Latino immigrants, most profoundly influenced by Mexican immigrants. They are often seen as "very hard workers" as a stereotype. Again, many white employers would therefore be attracted to hire them because of this positive stereotype and the see a positive ROI by hiring Latino immigrants (even as exploited labor), as well as investment in places like Mexico and Asian nations.

What do white people see as of value, in black people, that does not involve sports and entertainment? Lets forget the argument of whether whites are racist or not. What do you call it when another race can come up with many more things that they dislike about you.....than they can come up with things that they like about you and can't see anything that you have added positively to the growth of the country or humanity (civilization)?

All right. I'll add in, because I don't like political correctness, PC says I can't say these things but I'm going to. So here goes:

1. Strong Families

Yes, it's true that the black family has been shattered by single motherhood/fatherhood**. But I don't see black families either as being somewhat "cordoned off" like other culture's families are. I think when they have cousins, aunts, uncles and grandmas they really HAVE them--they are really part of a family in lots of ways that other cultures are not. I think that's to be admired.

2. Faith

And that makes their community strong. See above.

3. Black Twitter (and all things like it)

This is what I probably don't know how to say correctly. But there's a certain kind of irreverence or...that's not the right word..."savvy"....it's of course *stereotypical*, that does not mean all black people have it! But it is in the culture. And it makes their community good at getting to the heart of an issue and finding the kernel of humor in it. Sometimes it can run too rampant as all things on Twitter do but generally, black Twitter is pretty funny if you ever get to catch it. Uh, that's why so many gifs are black people, hello. (And honestly, a lot of my little guys and girls who are black have this little kernel too and it's delightful actually)

So those are just some things ASIDE from "Sports and entertainment" I can think of

**They're not alone, btw. Single motherhood/fatherhood has shattered a lot of families in America.

Last edited:
That is not how I define racism. And one can be a racist without admitting it.

How does it ever amount to being anything more than your word against theirs? You are not a mind reader and can't prove them to be a racist, regardless of what they may say that "sounds" racist. Thus, what is the point of calling someone a racist when they will simply deny that they are? People are smart enough to avoid saying things that can directly be said to be racist......or they are not that smart and say things that are.
A person can be a racist without me having to prove it to be true. I don't even have to know that the person exists. The goal posts seem to be moving.

Google is my friend.

Racist -- a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
define racist - Google Search

If the shoe fits......
That is NOT the definition of a racist.
Please enlighten us to the correct definition.

Oxford Dictionary:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

‘a programme to combat racism’
  1. 1.1The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
Note the highlighted part of the definition. It is a Belief. Unless someone specifically states this is their belief, when yo assign a motive to someone without that explicit statement, you are projecting your own beliefs.

No one can read minds.

Please do NOT conflate prejudice or stereotyping as racist, as they are neither. They can, however; be a basis of racism if the person confesses to being a racist.
You defined "Racism". I defined "Racist".

And you are right, no one can read minds. However, a person does not have to confess to be a racist to be a racist. The belief that his own race is superior makes him a racist whether he confesses to that belief or not, whether I know that person is a racist or not.

I am not of the habit of going around calling people racist; however, the speech and actions of some people leave little doubt. I, for example, do not believe Trump is a racist, but I do believe he is often racially insensitive. On the other hand, there are some people that openly state that their race is superior to another. If those people are being honest,then I can conclude they are racist.

I asked if the white forum participants could list 5 things that they admire about black people that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. Or what are 5 positive stereotypes held about blacks that has nothing to do with sports or entertainment. I posted it in a forum for politics and controversies, which I deemed my question would fall under the latter. After a day, no one could come up with one single thing that they admired about black people.....and eventually the topic got deleted and I was banned for 30 days from the forum.

I mean....Asians are considered smart by many whites. If the "smart Asian" is a stereotype or something that whites admire or associate with Asians in general, you can see how that could work to benefit Asian in hiring and investment, because they can see an ROI, by white employers who tend to look for best and the brightest.

Then you have Hispanic or Latino immigrants, most profoundly influenced by Mexican immigrants. They are often seen as "very hard workers" as a stereotype. Again, many white employers would therefore be attracted to hire them because of this positive stereotype and the see a positive ROI by hiring Latino immigrants (even as exploited labor), as well as investment in places like Mexico and Asian nations.

What do white people see as of value, in black people, that does not involve sports and entertainment? Lets forget the argument of whether whites are racist or not. What do you call it when another race can come up with many more things that they dislike about you.....than they can come up with things that they like about you and can't see anything that you have added positively to the growth of the country or humanity (civilization)?
Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Cosmos. Obama, though he was half white, Colin Powell for his calm demeanor, Harris Faulkner on Fox for her objectivity and reporter instincts, Alex Haley for writing Roots, Grandma Moses for painting, Malcolm X and MLK for leadership in entirely different manners, fellow black workers who saw our group as men in a foxhole.

See now.. That's the EASIER way to recognize black talent and achievement... Not by asking or answering question as some racially homongeous collective, but by asking for examples of excellence and achievement..

Great list 3rd party.. The problem is you crossed political party lines.. And underneath all this racial division there is a HUGE political component.. So I imagine you'll have points taken off your score for the political affiliations of some of your answers.... :rolleyes:

It's generally easy for whites who are NOT racists to have huge lists of people they admire.. Not so easy to BE a racist and generalize about entire races....

Whites KNOW who the white racists are.. They are very easy to spot..

Give me a list of black INDIVIDUAL genius, in history, that is viewed with being on the level of Isaac Newton, Einstein, Steven Hawkins, Tesla, Aristotle, Copernicus, Plato...etc. Who were the great minds who were also black and on the level of those listed?

What black INDIVIDUALS do you see as being pivotal in the industrial revolution, the technical revolution, space travel. What black genius were you taught about or learned on your own. What black individuals helped make this world a better place?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2

All right. I'll add in, because I don't like political correctness, PC says I can't say these things but I'm going to. So here goes:

1. Strong Families

Yes, it's true that the black family has been shattered by single motherhood/fatherhood**. But I don't see black families either as being somewhat "cordoned off" like other culture's families are. I think when they have cousins, aunts, uncles and grandmas they really HAVE them--they are really part of a family in lots of ways that other cultures are not. I think that's to be admired.

2. Faith

And that makes their community strong. See above.

3. Black Twitter (and all things like it)

This is what I probably don't know how to say correctly. But there's a certain kind of irreverence or...that's not the right word..."savvy"....it's of course *stereotypical*, that does not mean all black people have it! But it is in the culture. And it makes their community good at getting to the heart of an issue and finding the kernel of humor in it. Sometimes it can run too rampant as all things on Twitter do but generally, black Twitter is pretty funny if you ever get to catch it. Uh, that's why so many gifs are black people, hello. (And honestly, a lot of my little guys and girls who are black have this little kernel too and it's delightful actually)

So those are just some things ASIDE from "Sports and entertainment" I can think of

**They're not alone, btw. Single motherhood/fatherhood has shattered a lot of families in America.

I appreciate that list. Very refreshing, but also disturbing that so few people can come up with anything, but instead choose to deflect and obfuscate.

cheers

Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Cosmos. Obama, though he was half white, Colin Powell for his calm demeanor, Harris Faulkner on Fox for her objectivity and reporter instincts, Alex Haley for writing Roots, Grandma Moses for painting, Malcolm X and MLK for leadership in entirely different manners, fellow black workers who saw our group as men in a foxhole.

See now.. That's the EASIER way to recognize black talent and achievement... Not by asking or answering question as some racially homongeous collective, but by asking for examples of excellence and achievement..

Great list 3rd party.. The problem is you crossed political party lines.. And underneath all this racial division there is a HUGE political component.. So I imagine you'll have points taken off your score for the political affiliations of some of your answers.... :rolleyes:

It's generally easy for whites who are NOT racists to have huge lists of people they admire.. Not so easy to BE a racist and generalize about entire races....

Whites KNOW who the white racists are.. They are very easy to spot..

Give me a list of black INDIVIDUAL genius, in history, that is viewed with being on the level of Isaac Newton, Einstein, Steven Hawkins, Tesla, Aristotle, Copernicus, Plato...etc. Who were the great minds who were also black and on the level of those listed?

This is not an individual recognition but group again, as I have said before in this forum: the African-American (formerly Negro) Spiritual.

Not only a breathtaking song form in its own right but also the foundation of just about every American musical song form that came after--which we exported and sent all the way around the world.

Seriously--in the world of music I don't know how you can oversell this. That music changed the world of music.

How does it ever amount to being anything more than your word against theirs? You are not a mind reader and can't prove them to be a racist, regardless of what they may say that "sounds" racist. Thus, what is the point of calling someone a racist when they will simply deny that they are? People are smart enough to avoid saying things that can directly be said to be racist......or they are not that smart and say things that are.
A person can be a racist without me having to prove it to be true. I don't even have to know that the person exists. The goal posts seem to be moving.

Google is my friend.

Racist -- a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

If the shoe fits......

Oxford Dictionary:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

1. 1.1The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
Note the highlighted part of the definition. It is a Belief. Unless someone specifically states this is their belief, when yo assign a motive to someone without that explicit statement, you are projecting your own beliefs.

No one can read minds.

Please do NOT conflate prejudice or stereotyping as racist, as they are neither. They can, however; be a basis of racism if the person confesses to being a racist.
With all this arguing, it seems like racism isn't even a thing at all.
It is a thing, but the problem is, it is now a worthless thing as the left use it as a tool to demean anyone who disagrees with them, on anything.

You don't like having your free speech impinged? You're a racist.
You don't like your kids being educated in JUST the three R's? You're a racist.
Common core has you down? Well, your just a racist.

In the face of this and the constant and excessive barrage of such charges, people become immune to it and ignore it, thereby devaluing the word to worthlessness.

Google is my friend.

If the shoe fits......

Oxford Dictionary:

No one can read minds.

And you are right, no one can read minds. However, a person does not have to confess to be a racist to be a racist. The belief that his own race is superior makes him a racist whether he confesses to that belief or not, whether I know that person is a racist or not.

I am not of the habit of going around calling people racist; however, the speech and actions of some people leave little doubt. I, for example, do not believe Trump is a racist, but I do believe he is often racially insensitive. On the other hand, there are some people that openly state that their race is superior to another. If those people are being honest,then I can conclude they are racist.
Here is the problem with your opening statement. It is true that one does not have to confess to being a racist to be racist, but no one but the individual can declare him or her to be a racist; because without the confession, no one will ever truly know.

My whole point was that racism and being a racist is specifically defined as a belief. No one can know anyone's beliefs unless that beleifs are articulated.

Google attempts to assign beliefs and motivations on the basis of actions that may or may not have been interpreted correctly. As we've seen time and again, to the left, all it takes to assign an belief or motive to someone is to simply disagree with them.

Google is my friend.

If the shoe fits......

Oxford Dictionary:

No one can read minds.

It is a thing, but the problem is, it is now a worthless thing as the left use it as a tool to demean anyone who disagrees with them, on anything.

In the face of this and the constant and excessive barrage of such charges, people become immune to it and ignore it, thereby devaluing the word to worthlessness.

who benefits the most from the term becoming meaningless.....the racist or the non-racist? My take on it is that the group that has the most to gain by the term becoming meaningless are those who are actually racist. Indeed if it is the strategy of the left, its not a very smart strategy, but it if is the strategy of the right, it is a very clever strategy because it would discredit any calling out of their racism. Hence, I see the right as having the Motive, Means and Opportunity to devalue/discredit the use of the term.

Last edited:

One year I ran the charity collection at my office. We could give money from our paychecks for various charitable causes. I got to see exactly how much everyone gave and I had a good idea of how much everyone made. In general there was an inverse ratio between salary and donations, the lowest paid workers gave more than the higher paid ones. I do recall being very impressed by the Black women in the office who were far and away the most generous and generally the lowest paid.

One year I ran the charity collection at my office. We could give money from our paychecks for various charitable causes. I got to see exactly how much everyone gave and I had a good idea of how much everyone made. In general there was an inverse ratio between salary and donations, the lowest paid workers gave more than the higher paid ones. I do recall being very impressed by the Black women in the office who were far and away the most generous and generally the lowest paid.

Thanks. That is likely embedded in your subconscious now....an association with black women and charitable giving, which is POSITIVE. So much of what is embedded in the subconscious of people, concerning blacks, is negative.

Oxford Dictionary:

No one can read minds.

who benefits the most from the term becoming meaningless.....the racist or the non-racist? My take on it is that the group that has the most to gain by the term becoming meaningless are those who are actually racist. Indeed if it is the strategy of the left, its not a very smart strategy, but it if is the strategy of the right, it is a very clever strategy because it would discredit any calling out of their racism. Hence, I see the right as having the Motive, Means and Opportunity to devalue/discredit the use of the term.

Who had the most to lose after "cool" was overused? It is still used but the meaning shifts-same with racism. We went from it being about the KKK to segregationists to Republicans to all whites. Even blacks have been included. Nobody owns it, people just use it to further their own arguments.

Google is my friend.

If the shoe fits......

Oxford Dictionary:

No one can read minds.

Here is the problem with your opening statement. It is true that one does not have to confess to being a racist to be racist, but no one but the individual can declare him or her to be a racist; because without the confession, no one will ever truly know.

My whole point was that racism and being a racist is specifically defined as a belief. No one can know anyone's beliefs unless that beleifs are articulated.

Google attempts to assign beliefs and motivations on the basis of actions that may or may not have been interpreted correctly. As we've seen time and again, to the left, all it takes to assign an belief or motive to someone is to simply disagree with them.
My opining statement was not about declaring another person a racist.

That being said, very few racists are going to declare to the world, I'm a racist. Sometimes I may form an opinion about whether a person is a racist based on his actions (which includes speech). If a person constantly talks down people of another race and treats them unfairly, then its reasonable that I conclude that person is racist. Could my opinion be wrong.....possibly. I will usually give a person the benefit of a doubt when it comes to being a racist, but when one runs out of other reasonable explanations.........

Also, if a person treats people of another race unfairly because of their race, it may not really matter if that person is a racist or if there is some other reason for his behavior.

This is not even an "experiment." I judge people on how they act. We have our Obamas (respectable) and our spencers and Anglins (not respectable).

Oxford Dictionary:

No one can read minds.

Who had the most to lose after "cool" was overused? It is still used but the meaning shifts-same with racism. We went from it being about the KKK to segregationists to Republicans to all whites. Even blacks have been included. Nobody owns it, people just use it to further their own arguments.

"Cool" is not an indictment that has the potential to inflict moral, social or professional injury to another. It's nothing like referring to someone as a racist. In order to prevent moral, social or professional injury, the racist has to either change from being a racist or make everyone else seem guilty of being racist or make no one really guilty of being racist, each of the latter being accomplished by changing the definition and or applying towards everything in order to discredit the usage.

I mean....the main people I hear saying/arguing that the term is losing its meaning.....are conservatives. Through the power of suggestion.....this is what they WANT to happen. Thus, they seek to highlight every example of racism being claimed erroneously or unjustifiably, while downplaying and ignoring actual examples of racism. They right sees actual racism as a "win" for the left as it helps justify liberal efforts for policies that seek to offset or counterbalance racism. Racism existence also gives an explanation to counter the "innate defective race" race theory as the root cause of continued socioeconomic racial inequality. They more racism is downplayed.....the more that these problems are seen as rooted in the NATURE of black. Thus, downplaying racism and its impact on blacks helps to promote the theory of black inferiority as the explanation for the issues plaguing the black community.

This is not even an "experiment." I judge people on how they act. We have our Obamas (respectable) and our spencers and Anglins (not respectable).

But how they ACT....might be a REACTION...how others have acted.

Not when they "act" or "react" outlandishly, without even stating what all people of a certain race or religion has done as a group.Trash like spencer and anglin are "reacting" to all people of a particular race or religion, not the specific people who actually did something bad. Should I, and others, take revenge on ALL straight white men because of the actions of the orange whore and pigpence, spencer and anglin?

Not when they "act" or "react" outlandishly, without even stating what all people of a certain race or religion has done as a group.Trash like spencer and anglin are "reacting" to all people of a particular race or religion, not the specific people who actually did something bad. Should I, and others, take revenge on ALL straight white men because of the actions of the orange whore and pigpence, spencer and anglin?

I am not familiar with the characters in your story. All I can tell you is that after 300 years of being treated negatively by a race of people, and having laws and so forth to back up this different racial treatment, the consequence of that is going to plague the people of both colors for a long time after the actual acts is over. The thing is, however, that the racism never ended.

I am not familiar with the characters in your story. All I can tell you is that after 300 years of being treated negatively by a race of people, and having laws and so forth to back up this different racial treatment, the consequence of that is going to plague the people of both colors for a long time after the actual acts is over. The thing is, however, that the racism never ended.

You are very aware of the "characters in my story." You are familiar with the two sluts playing "president" and "vice president" currently, the asshole who led the scum marching around Charlottesville with tiki torches yelling "Jews will not replace us," and the scum who runs the daily stormer.

What are you playing at? Who has mistreated anyone for being "white"? I have never been mistreated for the color of my skin or my Irish and Russian/Polish/Lithuanian background. Eliminate racism, don't feed it.

You are very aware of the "characters in my story." You are familiar with the two sluts playing "president" and "vice president" currently, the asshole who led the scum marching around Charlottesville with tiki torches yelling "Jews will not replace us," and the scum who runs the daily stormer.

What are you playing at? Who has mistreated anyone for being "white"? I have never been mistreated for the color of my skin or my Irish and Russian/Polish/Lithuanian background. Eliminate racism, don't feed it.

Just end with the name calling and emotions and just say the people you are talking about and then I can respond to what you are saying. You are speaking in riddles as far as I am concerned. I am not saying that you are wrong or right....I am saying that I don't know what you are talking about.

You know that I said the two whores in the White House, who are sometimes known as "donald trump" and "mike pence," the guy known as "richard spencer," and the guy whose last name is anglin. So I named your whores for you. Happy that you got me to type these sluts' names? I usually do not type filth. You will notice that I did not call you any name.

Forum List

Back