🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I cannot stand idly by any longer

Videos posted on social media showed fistfights, projectiles and clubs as Trump supporters clashed with those demanding they take their MAGA hats and banners and leave. A least one person was stabbed and police made at least 20 arrests as the tensions extended to Sunday morning, according to US media.A variety of charges, including assault and weapons possession, were filed against those detained, officials said.

Interesting, I would fight people who told me I was not allowed to express who I supported politically, too. DC is supposed to be a forum where all political beliefs are allowed to be heard. But on Saturday, it was inhabited by violent neo-fascists who tried to stop people from exercising their free speech.

Also, among those detained, how many were Trump supporters? Proud Boys don't count because they don't represent the cause. We are talking people who came to peacefully protest. That's it.

I read the news. Twitter can be very one sided as you know. What I read, including what police and reporters have said is that during the day it was mostly peaceful, and when night fell, some violence erupted that involved skirmishes by BOTH sides.

Question, Coyote:

Does that excuse any of the behavior from the extremists? Left or Right?

I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

So I came to one conclusion:

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

I am not fooled. I will defy this trend. I will stand up for what I believe in.
Just a thought here TK...is it possible you are being manipulated by the folks you follow in Twitter? I read several articles on this...no real violence some minor clashes, fault on both sides but overall the DC police were stellar.

There is no possibility of that. Unless what my eyes tell me are untruths.
I don't care for Twitter. It's one-sided. You will see what those you follow choose to show you.

What DON'T they show you?

Twitter is one-sided. No argument.

But in favor of my worldviews? Never. You need not look any further than what they did to the New York Post.

These videos aren't 20-second clips, they are at least 60-90 seconds long, in an attempt to catch the whole incident take place.
Do they show you the other incidents?

Do you even know which incidents you are referring to when you ask me that question, Coyote? In this demand for context, are you desiring context or are you attempting to run from the truth?
DESIRING CONTEXT. what are you afraid of? that your truth might not be?
Not at all, Coyote. But I can easily see that you're projecting. Ask that question of yourself before asking me.

Now once again, ask yourself the same questions you are asking me. What are you afraid of? That your version of the truth is not the correct version of the truth?

If the Dems are always stealing elections how is it they lost the last one?

Well this time you Demonrat shitheads rigged the game by changing the rules last minute and allowing millions of mail in ballots to be counted fraudulently (without anyone from the opposition watching you) days after the election actually took place.

Last edited:
I read the news. Twitter can be very one sided as you know. What I read, including what police and reporters have said is that during the day it was mostly peaceful, and when night fell, some violence erupted that involved skirmishes by BOTH sides.

Question, Coyote:

Not at all. So...why do you only blame one side and one candidate?

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

Videos posted on social media showed fistfights, projectiles and clubs as Trump supporters clashed with those demanding they take their MAGA hats and banners and leave. A least one person was stabbed and police made at least 20 arrests as the tensions extended to Sunday morning, according to US media.A variety of charges, including assault and weapons possession, were filed against those detained, officials said.

Interesting, I would fight people who told me I was not allowed to express who I supported politically, too. DC is supposed to be a forum where all political beliefs are allowed to be heard. But on Saturday, it was inhabited by violent neo-fascists who tried to stop people from exercising their free speech.

Also, among those detained, how many were Trump supporters? Proud Boys don't count because they don't represent the cause. We are talking people who came to peacefully protest. That's it.

Which violent neo-fascists? The extremists on the right or the extremists on the left...and yes, Proud Boys DO count. They DO represent the cause. They are part of Trump's movement. They were there and part of the violence. If you remove them from the equation, then you need to remove Antifa from the left side after all there were anti-MAGA protesters peacefully protesting as was their right, correct?

Both sides have every right to peacefully protest their messages. Do you disagree?

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

He wasn't. I follow his Twitter feed too. Do you really think I am talking out of my rear-end?

Proud Boys DO count. They DO represent the cause.

So then by that logic, so do the leftists who engaged in violence on behalf of Biden's. I don't think you want to walk down that road with me.

Isn't that what you guys are always saying?

Ok. Let's remove the violent extremists from the equation - and note, in one of my posts, I quoted the police chief who said there were extremists on both sides who came wanting a confrontation. So let's remove them.

What's left? A bunch of mostly orderly protestors on both sides.

Now, what EXACTLY is Biden supposed to condemn?

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

He wasn't. I follow his Twitter feed too. Do you really think I am talking out of my rear-end?

Biden condemned all violence in relation to this event.

I can link it if you want.

What did Trump say?

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

What did Trump say?

Show me then. You have failed to thus far.

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

What did Trump say?

Now what did Trump say?

Isn't that what you guys are always saying?

Ok. Let's remove the violent extremists from the equation - and note, in one of my posts, I quoted the police chief who said there were extremists on both sides who came wanting a confrontation. So let's remove them.

What's left? A bunch of mostly orderly protestors on both sides.

Now, what EXACTLY is Biden supposed to condemn?

The violence, Coyote. The violence.

I wouldn't be so arrogant as to say your response is a concession rather than an attempt to address the issue, but I am getting that vibe here.

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

What did Trump say?

Now what did Trump say?

I don't want to hear from Biden's spokesman. I want to hear from Biden himself. Period. Full stop.

i found another (?) guy who cannot stand idly by any longer.
136666497-fat-couch-potato-eating-a-huge-hamburger-and-watching-television-harsh-lighting-from...jpg

Question, Coyote:

Silence is complicity.

And Trump's silence?

What did Trump say?

Now what did Trump say?

I don't want to hear from Biden's spokesman. I want to hear from Biden himself. Period. Full stop.

Here, let me assist you.

Forum List

Back