I can't blame the Trumpsters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
This victory lap you're taking is long and loud, and I have to admit I can't blame you.

It's not just that Trump won. It's not just that you now have control of the White House, House, Senate, Supreme Court (soon) and state houses. Holy shit, that's all worth celebrating, to be sure.

But it's also the complete release of decades of pent-up anger and frustration over what the Regressive Left has gotten away with, while they mocked and insulted you. That's the part with which I can identify and agree.

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree. Counting down the days that you DIE. Mocking your religion while defending another. Teaching your kids to hate their country. Not just screaming about it, but forcing it all into the culture.

Trump came out and talked about jobs, borders and security. And as repulsive as he is, that was the winning message. And the Democrats turned themselves into a regional party that only specializes in dividing people.

So, enjoy. You earned this.

This victory lap you're taking is long and loud, and I have to admit I can't blame you.

It's not just that Trump won. It's not just that you now have control of the White House, House, Senate, Supreme Court (soon) and state houses. Holy shit, that's all worth celebrating, to be sure.

But it's also the complete release of decades of pent-up anger and frustration over what the Regressive Left has gotten away with, while they mocked and insulted you. That's the part with which I can identify and agree.

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree. Counting down the days that you DIE. Mocking your religion while defending another. Teaching your kids to hate their country. Not just screaming about it, but forcing it all into the culture.

Trump came out and talked about jobs, borders and security. And as repulsive as he is, that was the winning message. And the Democrats turned themselves into a regional party that only specializes in dividing people.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

For this conservative though it's not just the Regressive Left that I've had a problem with for years. The Republican party has been derelict for a long time in delivering what we've elected them to do, thus the rebellion this go-round against our professional politicians who sought the party's nomination. Trump spoke and lots of us, as well as others, listened and bought in. From day one I and others I know felt exactly what Trump eventually said to black voters, "Whadaya got to lose?" The professionals we'd trusted and voted for for years didn't deliver, so it was a no brainer, for me at least, to kick 'em all to the curb this time.

"Mad as hell and not gonna take it any longer," Alex for $100.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

For this conservative though it's not just the Regressive Left that I've had a problem with for years. The Republican party has been derelict for a long time in delivering what we've elected them to do, thus the rebellion this go-round against our professional politicians who sought the party's nomination. Trump spoke and lots of us, as well as others, listened and bought in. From day one I and others I know felt exactly what Trump eventually said to black voters, "Whadaya got to lose?" The professionals we'd trusted and voted for for years didn't deliver, so it was a no brainer, for me at least, to kick 'em all to the curb this time.

Yeah. What I really, badly underestimated was the amount of people who feel like I do about PC/Identity Politics.

I just figured it would be long, slow fight over time. I sure as hell didn't expect an explosion like this.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

The GOP must keep moving toe the center. It's major problem will be to transform itself into a party dedicated to taking care of ill, the poor, the lame, the widow.

Anyone who thinks differently is treated accordingly with

laughter.gif

We’ll see who is divided by the walls, the deportation squads, who profits under Trump and who does not I suppose. Again, can you tell me one person you’ve been divided from by the Democratic party during the last 8 years? No? Neither can anyone else who discusses “divisiveness”.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

“Mad as hell but returned 90% of federal law makers to their jobs” for the block,” Wink.

You voted for a celebrity because he was funny, made you laugh, and you liked his simplistic “solutions” to complex problems.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

“Mad as hell but returned 90% of federal law makers to their jobs” for the block,” Wink.

You voted for a celebrity because he was funny, made you laugh, and you liked his simplistic “solutions” to complex problems.
You voted for a woman that thinks taxing the rich more so they can get out of taxes is a solution to a lot of our economic problems..

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

You voted for a woman that thinks taxing the rich more so they can get out of taxes is a solution to a lot of our economic problems..

???

Unlikely. Meanwhile, I’m excited to see that families making less than $50,000 will no longer pay taxes under Mr. Trump’s plan.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

That and he promised/indicated that he would to “stick it” to whomever you were spoon fed was the enemy of the day, Kasich, Cruz, Muslims, Syrians, Mexicans, Obama, the press, Hillary….

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

???

Unlikely. Meanwhile, I’m excited to see that families making less than $50,000 will no longer pay taxes under Mr. Trump’s plan.
Did you not ever hear her speak?

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

???

Did you not ever hear her speak?

Several times.

Technically the Trump wing really only won the white house. The rest of the branches are still dominated by rank and file Republicans.

But he did allow for the release of a lot of pent up frustration, anger and indignation. People have gotten tired of being accused of being some form of evil for not following the social progressive party line.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

The Dems have learned that sooner or later, ridiculing people in an attempt to suppress them backfires.

Good post, Mac. Thanks.

The GOP must keep moving toe the center. It's major problem will be to transform itself into a party dedicated to taking care of ill, the poor, the lame, the widow.

Anyone who thinks differently is treated accordingly with

laughter.gif

So the way to beat democrats is to become democrats?

LOL.

Well unless another Justice retires or dies then the USSC will stay 5-4 liberal for the time period if Trump select someone too conservative. My bet is you will see Trump flip flop on the USSC pick and go with someone like O'Connor which will make his voters flip out of their damn mind.

As for the victory lap, well the left deserve all the bashing they get because they were assholes in 2006 and 2008 and thought Republicans were dead and they ( Dems ) would rule the next one hundred years, and now sit on the outside looking in once again.

If the GOP does one trick and that is pass Immigration Reform then the Democratic Party is screwed the next eight to twenty years, so Democrats better hope that never happen because right now the Democratic Party is on the verge of looking like the lost party in this equation and they thought the GOP was dead.

Forum List

Back