🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I find it very disturbing

You really going to tell me marriage was always decided by the fucking state asshole and not by a man and woman who loved each other?

What a fool

"always" and "Plato" are not germane to the conversation.

The customs regarding marriage are not engraved in stone. There is no such thing as "traditional" marriage.

For example ...

traditional-marriage-includes-1691-whites-only-1724-blacks-with-permission-of-slave-owner-1769-the-wife-is-property-1899-pol_zpsd97dd227.jpg

Difference is, Luddly Neddite, the people who don't believe in interracial marriage
were willing to concede that for civil marriage laws.

No. They weren't. That took a decision by the SCOTUS.

Marriage is a sacrament, and the leftist douchebags can't force us to pretend it isn't, nor can they force us to endorse homo marriage.

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.

Wow! What a simple solution to a complex problem! I am amazed that you came up with it!

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.
Man, it just cracks me up.

The homophobes start topic after topic after topic after topic, day after day after day after day, week after week after week after week, month after month after month after month, year after year after year, about gays.

Then they whine, "I wish these fags would stop pushing their faginess all up in my face!"

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

You can't make up this kind of comedy gold.

Marriage is a religious practice

Has nothing to do with the fucking government

Don't any one see this?

Well, see. You just proved your stupidity.

Marriage has NOTHING to do with Religion and EVERYTHING to do with government.

Everything.

Marriage is a State -Sponsored arrangement, not a religious one.

You really do make a wonderful dimocrap -- Dumb as a box of fucking rocks.

I suggest you read some Plato.

The State determines who is and who isn't married, not religion
You are so full of shit its not even funny, the state never decided , god did
Which god (or goddess)?

Its true.

Those darn ole liberals, who believe in freedom and equal rights are NOT the ones who rant against gay marriage every day.

Nope. Its the RWs who want to take constitutionally-guaranteed rights away from Americans and have the nerve to say religion has something to do with it.

Let's persuade our resident Jedi Knights, Guardians of The Realm and Keepers of The Faith to open, start, promote and encourage a gay butt-ranger Board so that all of our libturd friends can go there and participate in reach-arounds ad infinitum.

Problem solved.
There aren't a lot of gay rights supporters starting topics on gay rights on this forum, doofus. It's you pants-shitting homophobes who are starting almost every gay topic, including this one.

So maybe you all should STFU.

Problem solved.
g5000 the problem won't go away until it is completely talked through and resolved.
the underlying issue is CONSISTENCY with beliefs defended in private by free exercise and automatically protected by law,
vs. imposing these in public. And the personal issue people have is whether some groups, like liberals and Democrats,
are discriminatory and inconsistent by yelling for "separation of church and state" to stop opposing beliefs,
while pushing for "tolerance of diversity" and demonizing opposition as BIGOTS when it comes to pushing their beliefs by law.

that secular bias is not going to stop, and neither will the opposition,
until an agreement is reached on how to handle political beliefs fairly.
this same battle will keep coming up, like a multi-headed Hydra, because it's all stemming from the same beast.
the spirit of bullying to push one's own beliefs by party, political pressure or majority rule
at the expense of other beliefs that are equally protected by Constitutional laws which aren't being enforced consistently to defend against such political bullying by coercion or exclusion (which when mandated through govt becomes discrimination)

Don't any one see this?
How long have you been working actively to get the government out of marriage.........besides refusing to have a civil marriage license yourself?
Again my question remains the same, when did they start issuing marriage License? Why? Thought it was seperation of church and state?

Marriage is a sacrament, and the leftist douchebags can't force us to pretend it isn't, nor can they force us to endorse homo marriage.

"sacrament"

No its not. Saying that is just plain silly and ignorant.

Oh wait - its koshergrl

I still want to know when.the state decided to get back in religion?

When they decided to start shutting down businesses that won't cater sacrilegious homo *wedding* ceremonies.

Ya wanna just make a list of those YOU believe should have to abide by the law?

That the threads that get the most posts are the ones on gays. I guess that issue divides the US like no other issue. There are very strong feelings on both sides, and both sides sometimes make good arguments.

The only way to resolve it is to let the people speak by voting. We need either a national referendum on gay marriage or a constitutional amendment on it. Let the people decide and lets all live by that decision.
Redfish I would say we need a Constitutional amendment or convention
on political beliefs in general, which issues do we AGREE are beliefs that govt cannot force people to change,
and how do we handle these and keep them from mucking up public policy since people, by human nature, won't change their beliefs by govt and force of law but will always fight for defense. Why isn't that defense already recognized by Constitutional laws? Can we agree that political beliefs count as creeds or religion that are protected by law from discrimination? And quit pushing legislation, politicians or parties that threaten to override the beliefs of one side by pushing other beliefs?

The very last thing we need is Big Government and more invasive laws.

This is an issue that government should not have any say in at all.

Hi @Luddy Neddite
and again, what kind of precedent for "free choice" did Obama and liberals set
by using federal govt to issue health care mandates for all people and states?

How can liberals cheer on the Atheist for having a Cross or Bible removed from public domain
because it "promotes one belief" and yet push gay marriage on others against "other beliefs"

Do you see how the Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot?
Pushing one set of beliefs TOO FAR where it starts to exclude, discriminate against and demonize others?

There is NOTHING WRONG with free choice in private.
But if you start pushing beliefs in PUBLIC, then you open the door
for prolife, proChristian, etc. to do the same. Otherwise it is discrimination
to enforce "separation of church and state" for beliefs you don't believe in,
and "inclusion of diversity and free choice" ONLY for beliefs that you support.

False analogy fallacy.

The ACA isn't about freedom of religion or equal treatment under the law as enumerated in the First and Fourteenth Amendments of the U.S. Constitution.

Separation of Church and State has to do with US citizens ability to worship and believe, or not, as they choose without fear from government force. Christians who are US citizens may not use public resources to express their faith because Hindus, Muslims, atheists, etc. are not then treated equally under the law. To allow one religion to use government resources and not all the others is a form, albeit minor, of discrimination. Since it is impractical to erect religious monuments for each religious belief, not to mention expensive, and, most importantly, unconstitutional, the government should remain entirely secular.

The issue of same sex marriage is that the government is discriminating against one type of person, homosexuals. That isn't constitutional, as laid out in the Fourteenth Amendment. It's no different than interracial couples in the 1960s.

The ACA is currently the law of the land and the SCOTUS upheld it. It is irrelevant to the discussion regarding same sex marriage.

Coloradomtnman
that's because you don't even recognize that Constitutional beliefs and principles were violated by the ACA mandates.

if Atheists aren't recognized as having equal right to belief or not to believe, without being forced by law, then Christians don't see their impositions as violating the equal freedom of Atheists.

Same with homosexuality and beliefs about that.

So you can go ahead and make the same mistakes that Christians do in not recognizing
their beliefs impose on the freedom of others.

The President, Congress and Courts made this mistake in judgment
and so I wouldn't expect you to heroically enforce higher Constitutional standards
when even our own govt officials failed to enforce them.

That doesn't make it right, just like slavery wasn't equally protecting human rights for those affected.
And the DOMA laws and bans on gay marriage have been struck down as unconstitutional
even AFTER they were passed by majority rule.

As long as someone's beliefs are discriminated against, the fight to be equally included and protected,
as our laws guarantee, will continue until a consensus is reached.

Underneath the individual cases, there is a COMMON BATTLE to defend one's beliefs from mandates by govt
that aren't protected and representing them equally. there IS a common thread, and if we address that
we can solve all the other conflicts that stem from this same root.

Don't any one see this?
How long have you been working actively to get the government out of marriage.........besides refusing to have a civil marriage license yourself?
Again my question remains the same, when did they start issuing marriage License? Why? Thought it was seperation of church and state?

Quit demanding that others do your research for you.

Go look it up and make your case.

:lame2:

"sacrament"

No its not. Saying that is just plain silly and ignorant.

Oh wait - its koshergrl

I still want to know when.the state decided to get back in religion?

When they decided to start shutting down businesses that won't cater sacrilegious homo *wedding* ceremonies.

Ya wanna just make a list of those YOU believe should have to abide by the law?

Luddly Neddite
If Atheists can remove the word GOD from public institutions
because of conflicting beliefs, why not remove Marriage if people can't agree on terms.

If you are trying to FORCE @koshrgrl to "change her terms or definition associated with marriage"
why not FORCE the Atheist "not to think about the word GOD to mean something religious
but FORCE the Atheist to interpret the word God to mean LIFE or PUBLIC GOOD
or some other meaning.

Do you honestly believe it is the authority of govt and public law to FORCE
people to change their religious views of marriage?

Isn't this a huge SIGN that marriage should be kept OUT of public policy
similar to God and Crosses that are seen as religious?

Forum List

Back