I hate Catholicism

I've been non-practicing for years, but now I've finally found a small measure of peace in admitting to myself that it's a giant stick up your arse.

It's nothing but keeping up appearances. What a life ruining nasty religion it is. Jesus would have loathed it.

You sure are full of hate, Goose. I feel sorry for you.

I left the Church as a teenager. I was sooooo sure that I didn't need a go between to speak to God. It turned out though that free from the bossy Church, I not only talked to God less, I thought about God less.

A couple decades later, I returned to the Church. I discovered I love the big deal Catholics make about Jesus, I love the way the liturgy takes you through different themes in scripture, I love the music, I love the rituals, I love the community, I love learning about the lives of saints... in short, being back in the Church has brought me closer to God.

Goose, if you think what Catholics are doing is "keeping up appearances" then you may be spending more time judging others than dealing with your own issues. The Catholic faith is "life ruining" and "nasty"? You give no specifics. That makes you appear to be projecting your own sense of a nasty ruined life onto others.

If you think Jesus would have loathed Eucharistic adoration, than it is good that you are not Catholic.

Good luck in your search, Goose. I pray that you find something positive in your life, then maybe you'll send less time to tossing hate on what others love.
Goose is a troll.
I know.

Odd. I don't feel any stick up there.

Catholicism: I could take it or leave it. It'd be nice if it were aligned more with the Scriptures, though.

The only religion that takes what Jesus said literally, eat my flesh and drink my blood, yet Protestants serve crackers and juice.
Did you know that crackers and juice are not literally flesh and blood?
They are to me. It is called the mystery of faith.

No they do not have the real thing, the Eucharist is the real thing. Not a cracker and juice.

Odd. I don't feel any stick up there.

Catholicism: I could take it or leave it. It'd be nice if it were aligned more with the Scriptures, though.

The only religion that takes what Jesus said literally, eat my flesh and drink my blood, yet Protestants serve crackers and juice.
Did you know that crackers and juice are not literally flesh and blood?
They are to me. It is called the mystery of faith.

No they do not have the real thing, the Eucharist is the real thing. Not a cracker and juice.
I was talking about the Holy Eucharist.

I once ate the little round priest cracker then barfed it up on his shoes.

To me the oddest thing about Catholicism is the ridiculous hierarchy of Bishops and Cardinals topped off with the God-like figure of the Pope. Where does that come from?

My first time in any church was when I was 15. I went because I had friends who went. I even helped build a Pentecostal church when I was 16. lol

After a couple of years attending various churches of different demoninations, and getting to know some of the people, I realized it wasn't for me.
I left with some respect for those who attend on a regular basis.

While I wasn't brought up in a religious home, my parents taught me some important core lessons I heard in church. Lessons that still serve me well today.

Last edited:
You should be proud.
I could tell that he would have preferred that I cum on his face.
You really should seek help. You are losing it.
Catholic priests are allowed to get cum sprayed on their faces, they just can't get married to a woman. No shit.
I'll have to take your word on that it sounds like you know more about that than I do.

You should be proud.
Catholic priests are allowed to get cum sprayed on their faces, they just can't get married to a woman. No shit.
I'll have to take your word on that it sounds like you know more about that than I do.
Don't they simply move Catholic priests to another parish when caught sexually abusing children? Is that a "yes" you're thinking to yourself? Good for you. :D

You should be proud.
Don't they simply move Catholic priests to another parish when caught sexually abusing children? Is that a "yes" you're thinking to yourself? Good for you. :D
Some did, sure. The 200 or so that were pedaphiles are in prison. The rest were predominantly homosexuals engaged in homosexual sex which ran the gamut of homosexual acts. It is mostly a thing of the past that happened from the 60's through the 80's with seeds being sown in the 50's. It was basically a mirror of the free love movement that progressives are so fond of.

Some did, sure. The 200 or so that were pedaphiles are in prison. The rest were predominantly homosexuals engaged in homosexual sex which ran the gamut of homosexual acts. It is mostly a thing of the past that happened from the 60's through the 80's with seeds being sown in the 50's. It was basically a mirror of the free love movement that progressives are so fond of.
So you're saying that there aren't any more pedophile or gay priests? :lol:

One can never be certain. For all I know you could be one.

Catholics are weird, you follow a bunch of weirdos who arent even allowed to have normal hetero sex, and who then cover it up and then discriminate against gays and women. It's freakish! :eek:

Catholics are weird, you follow a bunch of weirdos who arent even allowed to have normal hetero sex, and who then cover it up and then discriminate against gays and women. It's freakish! :eek:
You said you were raised a catholic, lol.

I hate anything that tries to use society to limit me. Fuck fascistic crap!
Religion is all about limiting bad behavior....and on the whole it only benefits society.
On a whole . . . you just made a silly comment.

Catholics, Jews, and Muslims, children of Father Abraham, have probably killed a cool billion souls in the last 2000 years.
I think Buddhism is the way to go, or something involving Krishna.
Problem is they're still in the grave.

I hate anything that tries to use society to limit me. Fuck fascistic crap!
Religion is all about limiting bad behavior....and on the whole it only benefits society.
On a whole . . . you just made a silly comment.

Catholics, Jews, and Muslims, children of Father Abraham, have probably killed a cool billion souls in the last 2000 years.
I think Buddhism is the way to go, or something involving Krishna.
Problem is they're still in the grave.
Are you headed to the Spirit Prison motif?

You said you were raised a catholic, lol.
No, I said I went to a catholic school. Tons of weirdos priests there too.

Forum List

Back