‘I think she’s an idiot’: MSNBC’s female focus group is devastating for Kamala Harris

The person in the focus group notes the right wing talking point claiming that Harris was somehow in charge of the border which is untrue.

Doesn’t matter which election we are dealing with, we always have to combat these lies among the right wing media.

How many women in the focus group? Was it three?

Biden put her in charge of the border.

Your echo chamber was giddy about her having real responsibility.

Now since the border polls the worst issue for Biden - they are frantically erasing all of that.

Remember when Trump was in charge of the border?

He didn’t.

You are distorting reality to put on her. It’s misinformation for political reasons. You do this every election.

You are fact free -
and it is weird.

Harris was the second woman chosen as border czar by the president.

After 100 days on the job, Roberta Jacobson, President Joe Biden’s first border czar, left the role on April 9, 2021, after already “grappling with large increases of migrants attempting to cross into the U.S.,” The Los Angeles Times reported, saying, “Biden’s border czar … is stepping down.”

Before she did, Biden announced in a March 24, 2021, news conference that Harris would be responsible for addressing the southwest border surge that already began within days of him taking office. “I can think of nobody who's better qualified to do this than the former” California attorney general, Biden said.

He didn’t.

You are distorting reality to put on her. It’s misinformation for political reasons. You do this every election.

Harris was chosen to lead the effort because “the best thing to do is to put someone [in the role] when he or she speaks they don't have to wonder about where the president is,” Biden said. “When she speaks, she speaks for me. She doesn’t have to check with me. She knows what she's doing. I hope we can move this along [to address the] increasing challenges at our southwest border. No one knows this better than the vice president.”

In response, Harris thanked Biden and said, “There's no question that this is a challenging situation. While we are clear that people should not come to the border now, we also understand that we will enforce the law. Because we can chew gum and walk at the same time, we must address the root causes that cause people to make the trek.” She also looked forward to working with Congress “to address root causes of migration. Needless to say, the work will not be easy, but it is important work.”

You are fact free -
and it is weird.

Harris was the second woman chosen as border czar by the president.

After 100 days on the job, Roberta Jacobson, President Joe Biden’s first border czar, left the role on April 9, 2021, after already “grappling with large increases of migrants attempting to cross into the U.S.,” The Los Angeles Times reported, saying, “Biden’s border czar … is stepping down.”

Before she did, Biden announced in a March 24, 2021, news conference that Harris would be responsible for addressing the southwest border surge that already began within days of him taking office. “I can think of nobody who's better qualified to do this than the former” California attorney general, Biden said.
The article linked in your text box explains you are lying.

Biden said during an immigration meeting at the White House that he had asked Harris to lead the administration's efforts with Mexico and the Northern Triangle — El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, countries that will "need help stemming the movement of so many folks, stemming the migration to our southern border."

A senior administration official said Harris' role would focus on "two tracks": both curbing the current flow of migrants and implementing a long-term strategy that addresses the root causes of migration. Cabinet members, including the secretary of state, are expected to work closely with Harris on these issues.

The person in the focus group notes the right wing talking point claiming that Harris was somehow in charge of the border which is untrue.

Doesn’t matter which election we are dealing with, we always have to combat these lies among the right wing media.
Well folks, we have one of the first Harris talking points on display here. Despite the panting headlines at the time when she was given responsibility for the border and the glowing stories about her competency being on display, now we are being told that she was never in charge, never had responsibility, it's all just a mirage. Nothing to see here, return to your huts, ignore those tanks rolling down the streets behind me.

The article linked in your text box explains you are lying.

Biden said during an immigration meeting at the White House that he had asked Harris to lead the administration's efforts with Mexico and the Northern Triangle — El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, countries that will "need help stemming the movement of so many folks, stemming the migration to our southern border."

A senior administration official said Harris' role would focus on "two tracks": both curbing the current flow of migrants and implementing a long-term strategy that addresses the root causes of migration. Cabinet members, including the secretary of state, are expected to work closely with Harris on these issues.
Gee, I wonder why ANYONE would think she had responsibility over illegal immigration when we were told she would focus on curbing the current flow of migrants and implement a long-term strategy that addresses the root causes of migration, AND cabinet members will work with her on these issues.

Now that we've established she was in charge:

1. What did she do for 3 years that the border got so bad they had to beg Republicans to bail them out?
2. What was the strategy that she was supposed to implement?
3. If she implemented it, what was the result?

She needs to answer those kinds of questions.

Gee, I wonder why ANYONE would think she had responsibility over illegal immigration when we were told she would focus on curbing the current flow of migrants and implement a long-term strategy that addresses the root causes of migration, AND cabinet members will work with her on these issues.

Now that we've established she was in charge:

1. What did she do for 3 years that the border got so bad they had to beg Republicans to bail them out?
2. What was the strategy that she was supposed to implement?
3. If she implemented it, what was the result?

She needs to answer those kinds of questions.
Her role has been greatly exaggerated by right wing media. She was given a foreign policy task. It had nothing to do with operations at the border or immigration policy.

Why would anyone think what they think? They’ve been lied to by right wing media. This is nothing new.

Forum List

Back