I think we must fight all religous extremism.

But islam wants to take away all that you believe. It is a religion that is much like the Christianity of old before the reform. What's freedom to them? They hate our idea of freedom with every ounce of their being.

I wouldn't want it here if I was you.

If Islam has a Reformation... well, that'll be one long and bloody war between themselves.
That said, it's probably sorely needed.

I think we should quit worrying about people's religious beliefs and focus on behavior.

Somebody who is a peaceful religious fanatic isn't a threat to society. Someone who is planning a terrorist attack is.

Also, this.
I've met people who are utterly devoted to their cause. I've met missionaries, Southern Baptist preachers, even some Imams and Rabbis... none of which professed war against their brothers, even across faiths. But, I've met so-called "Christians" that want to wipe out not just Muslims, but Jews and Atheists ("and those weird chinky religions"), and only let Christianity reign.

It's not just behaviour; it's who you let lead your flock. Imagine, for example, if Christianity had a violent, extremist but equally popular Joel Olsteen, one that called for violence against Muslims, or Atheists, or Jews, or whathaveyou... what would that be like? Do any Christians here want that?

I think you'd know if they did.

I have always found it interesting how some folks go on about freedom, unless it is someone else's freedom. Then that love of freedom just seems to blow away in the wind. I don't hate Christians, and I want gay marriage and limitless abortions. I suppose the problem is that I want freedom for everyone, not just you.

BTW, you statement about how the left kiss the floor of Islam is pure bullshit. It's just another example of "someone else's freedom" being supprted.

But islam wants to take away all that you believe. It is a religion that is much like the Christianity of old before the reform. What freedom to them? They hate our idea of freedom with every ounce of their being.

There are any number of people who hate my idea of freedom. It would seem you hate my idea of freedom. I think there may be some confusion as to what freedom is. Freedom means you get to believe what you want and argue for what you believe, even if it is something other people don't like. Freedom applied only to the people you approve of is not freedom.

BTW, the argument that Islam as a religion wants to take away my freedom is bullshit. I am sure you believe it, but that does not make it true.

Oh...but Christians ARE trying to take away your freedom! Right there, you're siding with Islam. They hate gays...women are nothing to them...they teach their children to kill Infidels...they chant their hate for America on the news reports, yet THEY aren't wanting to take away your freedom! I bet you'd love it if Sharia came to America wouldn't you? Hypocrite.....

We must fight all religious extremism no matter what religion.
-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.
-Christian extremist must be treated the same
-Jewish Extremist must be treated the same

on down the list

Who agrees with me? It should be fought against at every turn!

Only a religious extremist would think of this.

You note that he actually defines the extremism of Islam...the actual actions that should be punished...

But casts a much broader net for Jewish/Christian extremism. Those extremists (and no behavior is listed) must be *treated the same*. Interesting. Leaves it open to interpretation, of course.

But islam wants to take away all that you believe. It is a religion that is much like the Christianity of old before the reform. What freedom to them? They hate our idea of freedom with every ounce of their being.

There are any number of people who hate my idea of freedom. It would seem you hate my idea of freedom. I think there may be some confusion as to what freedom is. Freedom means you get to believe what you want and argue for what you believe, even if it is something other people don't like. Freedom applied only to the people you approve of is not freedom.

BTW, the argument that Islam as a religion wants to take away my freedom is bullshit. I am sure you believe it, but that does not make it true.

Oh...but Christians ARE trying to take away your freedom! Right there, you're siding with Islam. They hate gays...women are nothing to them...they teach their children to kill Infidels...they chant their hate for America on the news reports, yet THEY aren't wanting to take away your freedom! I bet you'd love it if Sharia came to America wouldn't you? Hypocrite.....

When you learn to read what is written, let me know and I will happy to respond to you.

Define 'in public'.

You don't know what "in public" means? If you need a hint, it is the opposite of "in private."

Can you answer the question now? Or do you want me to define "certain symbols?"

Hang a crescent, cross or star on YOUR neck, YOUR house or YOUR car all you want.

Just don't try to hang one on OUR school building or OUR municipal park.

Get it?

That isn't what I asked you.

Simple yes or no question, is it extreme, under your definition, to pass laws making it illegal to display certain symbols in public?

Hoo boy, did you ever miss the point on that one. Its not the belief that is extremist, its forcing others to live by your religious belief that is extremist.

So why is it not extreme to kill innocent people simply because you believe they are fetuses?

YOU believe fetuses are people. Science shows us that fetuses are not sentient until about the 6th month, maybe. There is no definitive line that has been drawn from nonsentient to sentient. For those of us who value a person's right to choose when to have children, or a person's choice to have a child that is a product of rape or incest, the quality of life of the mother and the child is more important than a nonviable, nonsentient bundle of cells.

Sentient is not a term science defines, it is a philosophical term. Given that little detail yo cannot argue that science proves anything about sentience, because no real scientist studies it. Since you lack a scientific defense for your position, how is it more legitimate than the claim that fetuses have souls?

By the way, science doesn't define soul either, mostly because it is also a philosophical term. That should save you the trouble of attacking that position instead of actually answering the question.

We must fight all religious extremism no matter what religion.
-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.
-Christian extremist must be treated the same
-Jewish Extremist must be treated the same

on down the list

Who agrees with me? It should be fought against at every turn!

personally, I think we have bigger fish to fry.

Forum List

Back