I think we must fight all religous extremism.

It's funny how the left loves attacking Christians, but turn around the next second kisses the floor Islam walks as it wants to reverse everything they believe. If you're going to be against extremist, be against it...

If not then just admit that you think the Christian religion is extreme and you hate it. I'll admit that someone that wants gay marriage and limitless abortion may well be right. The thing is islam considers it's self our enemy as we have always been at war with it...It would be like China kicking our asses and taking over. They'd love to do it.

I have always found it interesting how some folks go on about freedom, unless it is someone else's freedom. Then that love of freedom just seems to blow away in the wind. I don't hate Christians, and I want gay marriage and limitless abortions. I suppose the problem is that I want freedom for everyone, not just you.

BTW, you statement about how the left kiss the floor of Islam is pure bullshit. It's just another example of "someone else's freedom" being supprted.

There are certain groups of people who want to control people and people living their religion causes them problems.

Oh, Jeezus, Avatar. You're a member of the dominant religion, by far, in this country. Don't play the victim. Just because society is leaving your values behind doesn't mean that people are trying to control you because of your religion.

I mean, its only natural to feel scared that Christianity will someday cease to exist. Every religion of the past has eventually been outgrown by its society and subsequently become extinct- Amon Ra, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Zoroaster, etc., etc. Nobody really worships them anymore, you know?But that's, at least, a little ways off...

No. Im a member of an ostracized subset of the dominant religion. I don't play the victim because I refuse to give anyone power over me.

Im not scared that Christianity will cease to exist. I am just trying to stop people who want to destroy Christians, and quite frankly, people of all faiths, so they can have power.

You're a Christian, whether a Catholic, or one of the many types of Protestant. They make up the vast majority of people in this country and retain the most democratic power. The federal, and state and local governments don't operate on Christian holidays and neither does most of the rest of the country. Who's trying to destroy you? And for what power? A more diverse electorate?

I would like an example of the christian extremism that is currently taking place, that is on par with Islamic extremism?

Your little qualifier there at the end is very telling...

How is it telling? We are discussing the difference between religious extremism. Wouldn't it be prudent to compare the differences in a discussion on that very topic?

It can't hurt to talk about the differences in religious extremism, but the OP was avoit religious extremism as a whole. Is Islamic extremism more deadly than Christian extremism? Yes, currently it is. But just let me suggest a definition of religious extremism: forcing others to live by another's religious beliefs, through violence or law (imprisonment).

If someone believes that fetuses have souls because of religious beliefs but others do not, why should those others be forced to live as though fetuses do have souls? If someone believes that homosexuality is a sin because of religious dogma but others do not, why should those others be forced to live as though it is a sin?

Those of us who are part of the minority in this country, protected by the Constitution, do not want to be forced to live by the religious doctrine of the majority-held religion. Education and exposure to other faiths and perspectives can help fight extremism.

It has nothing to do with souls, that's another lie that the left tells to justify killing babies. I am always told that being pro-life is a religious thing.

It's not. I'm pro-life because I believe most abortions to be human rights violations, not just against the babies, but against women. Women are exploited and butchered so that men can have consequence-free sex. And that is wrong.

Oh, Jeezus, Avatar. You're a member of the dominant religion, by far, in this country. Don't play the victim. Just because society is leaving your values behind doesn't mean that people are trying to control you because of your religion.

I mean, its only natural to feel scared that Christianity will someday cease to exist. Every religion of the past has eventually been outgrown by its society and subsequently become extinct- Amon Ra, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Zoroaster, etc., etc. Nobody really worships them anymore, you know?But that's, at least, a little ways off...

No. Im a member of an ostracized subset of the dominant religion. I don't play the victim because I refuse to give anyone power over me.

Im not scared that Christianity will cease to exist. I am just trying to stop people who want to destroy Christians, and quite frankly, people of all faiths, so they can have power.

You're a Christian, whether a Catholic, or one of the many types of Protestant. They make up the vast majority of people in this country and retain the most democratic power. The federal, and state and local governments don't operate on Christian holidays and neither does most of the rest of the country. Who's trying to destroy you? And for what power? A more diverse electorate?

good post, the poor persecuted majority :rolleyes: I was saying as much ystrdy but you put it more eloquently.

The majority of Christians have been persecuted into being the minority before. It was done in Lebanon and in Egypt. In Iran the majority Zororastians were slaughtered into being a tiny minority.

Liberals just want it done here like it's been done elsewhere.

It has nothing to do with souls, that's another lie that the left tells to justify killing babies. I am always told that being pro-life is a religious thing.

It's not. I'm pro-life because I believe most abortions to be human rights violations, not just against the babies, but against women. Women are exploited and butchered so that men can have consequence-free sex. And that is wrong.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum in a long time - and that's saying something. Its women who want to protect abortion rights more than it is men. Jeezus, where do you get these wacked out ideas?!

Your religious doctrine portrays sex as something sacred that is only meant to happen between married, heterosexual couples. Women love sex as much, if not more - in my experience, than men do. And people, especially young people,WILL have sex no matter what we do to try and curb the behavior. So we need to educate them on safe sex practices, as well as abstinence, provide them with options such as the morning after pill, and in cases where its too late, allow women to have the choice with what they want to do with their bodies. Fetuses, until a stage of development that is still not sharply defined by scientific study, are not sentient. So, as a nation we allow abortions up to that point, and after under certain special circumstances.

Either way, you are restricting the rights of women based on your beliefs.

The majority of Christians have been persecuted into being the minority before. It was done in Lebanon and in Egypt. In Iran the majority Zororastians were slaughtered into being a tiny minority.

You mean liberals, like liberal Christians? What an idiotic thing to say, let alone think. Boo hoo. Poor little Christians, the most numerous of all people on the planet, always persecuted, even in the western world where they utterly dominate.

It's funny how the left loves attacking Christians, but turn around the next second kisses the floor Islam walks as it wants to reverse everything they believe. If you're going to be against extremist, be against it...

If not then just admit that you think the Christian religion is extreme and you hate it. I'll admit that someone that wants gay marriage and limitless abortion may well be right. The thing is islam considers it's self our enemy as we have always been at war with it...It would be like China kicking our asses and taking over. They'd love to do it.

I have always found it interesting how some folks go on about freedom, unless it is someone else's freedom. Then that love of freedom just seems to blow away in the wind. I don't hate Christians, and I want gay marriage and limitless abortions. I suppose the problem is that I want freedom for everyone, not just you.

BTW, you statement about how the left kiss the floor of Islam is pure bullshit. It's just another example of "someone else's freedom" being supprted.

But islam wants to take away all that you believe. It is a religion that is much like the Christianity of old before the reform. What's freedom to them? They hate our idea of freedom with every ounce of their being.

I wouldn't want it here if I was you.

Last edited:

They hate Christianity because it stands in the way of making everything "unacceptable" to acceptable. This is what they call extreme!!! Islam as a religion wants to kill and rule the entire world with far worse then modern Christianity does.

I'm not saying there isn't people within Christianity that are extreme in the same as there certainly are...I'm just saying frankly that the roles are reverse between the two religions. As Christianity is mostly peaceful.

Christianity allowed for human thought and freedoms to develop under it. Sure you could note the cases where it committed great violence throughout history, but still it has brought far more freedom then islam could ever imagine.
Islam...Just look at how it treats anyone within the religion that stands up for freedom. Kills them.

Last edited:

But islam wants to take away all that you believe. It is a religion that is much like the Christianity of old before the reform. What freedom to them? They hate our idea of freedom with every ounce of their being.

I wouldn't want it here if I was you.

There are any number of people who hate my idea of freedom. It would seem you hate my idea of freedom. I think there may be some confusion as to what freedom is. Freedom means you get to believe what you want and argue for what you believe, even if it is something other people don't like. Freedom applied only to the people you approve of is not freedom.

BTW, the argument that Islam as a religion wants to take away my freedom is bullshit. I am sure you believe it, but that does not make it true.

We must fight all religious extremism no matter what religion.
-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.
-Christian extremist must be treated the same
-Jewish Extremist must be treated the same

on down the list

Who agrees with me? It should be fought against at every turn!

Does that go for Atheism as well ?

how do you define extremist? Someone who lives their religion?

Someone who wants their neighbor to share their beliefs so badly that they're willing to try to codify as much as they can in to Civil Law, at the expense of freedom.

In example: The Blue-Haired Church Girls who're responsible for the brief prohibition of alcohol in the early 20th Century.

We must fight all religious extremism no matter what religion.
-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.
-Christian extremist must be treated the same
-Jewish Extremist must be treated the same

on down the list

Who agrees with me? It should be fought against at every turn!

I don't think there's a need to fight non-violent, non-abusive religious extremism.

If someone wants to radically dedicate 100% of their waking hours to their religion, and to converting non-believers, and isn't hurting anyone in the process.... what's the big deal?

That's not extremism in my average book... Extremists want to codify their beliefs to limit choices in the way folks live their lives. That's where I have an issue.

As long as you can feed yourself and can be walked around without too much effort, get your freak on for Jesus or Allah all you want. Just don't be surprised if one of us takes pictures.

Your little qualifier there at the end is very telling...

How is it telling? We are discussing the difference between religious extremism. Wouldn't it be prudent to compare the differences in a discussion on that very topic?

It can't hurt to talk about the differences in religious extremism, but the OP was avoit religious extremism as a whole. Is Islamic extremism more deadly than Christian extremism? Yes, currently it is. But just let me suggest a definition of religious extremism: forcing others to live by another's religious beliefs, through violence or law (imprisonment).

If someone believes that fetuses have souls because of religious beliefs but others do not, why should those others be forced to live as though fetuses do have souls? If someone believes that homosexuality is a sin because of religious dogma but others do not, why should those others be forced to live as though it is a sin?

Those of us who are part of the minority in this country, protected by the Constitution, do not want to be forced to live by the religious doctrine of the majority-held religion. Education and exposure to other faiths and perspectives can help fight extremism.

Why is it extremism for people to believe that fetuses have souls, but not extremism to believe the opposite?

how do you define extremist? Someone who lives their religion?

Someone who wants their neighbor to share their beliefs so badly that they're willing to try to codify as much as they can in to Civil Law, at the expense of freedom.

In example: The Blue-Haired Church Girls who're responsible for the brief prohibition of alcohol in the early 20th Century.

Would your definition include people who pass laws making it illegal to display certain symbols in public?

Why is it extremism for people to believe that fetuses have souls, but not extremism to believe the opposite?

Hoo boy, did you ever miss the point on that one. Its not the belief that is extremist, its forcing others to live by your religious belief that is extremist.

Hoo boy, did you ever miss the point on that one. Its not the belief that is extremist, its forcing others to live by your religious belief that is extremist.

So why is it not extreme to kill innocent people simply because you believe they are fetuses?

Forum List

Back