I think we must fight all religous extremism.

I'm against any violent actions in jesuses name. Those groups don't do those things in his name the same as the thug doesn't play the knock out game in his name. Think about it.

On the other hand there is people within Christianity that would love to take away my freedoms. This is worse of course within islam.

I'm against any violent actions in jesuses name. Those groups don't do those things in his name the same as the thug doesn't play the knock out game in his name. Think about it.

On the other hand there is people within Christianity that would love to take away my freedoms. This is worse of course within islam.

I dont see how any Christian who is practicing his religion can support taking away the freedoms of others.

We must fight all religious extremism no matter what religion.
-Islamic extremist that want to force people to adopt their religion=Islamic extremist.
-Christian extremist must be treated the same
-Jewish Extremist must be treated the same

on down the list

Who agrees with me? It should be fought against at every turn!

And short of these extremists murdering people or denying rights how to you propose we determine who is to extreme?

I would like an example of the christian extremism that is currently taking place, that is on par with Islamic extremism?

Westboro Baptist Church.
Ku Klux Klan
The Troubles in Northern Ireland (although largely subsided, it is very recent)
The National Liberation Front of Tripura
Anders Behring Breivik
The Lord's Resistance Army
Army of God
Concerned Christians (deported from Israel for their attempts to destroy mosques to facilitate the return of Christ)

Now, I am not presenting the position that Christian extremism is nearly as widespread as Islamic extremism. On that point I would agree with you. However, if you want examples of Christian extremism on par with Islamic extremism, they exist. It may not be the best idea to ask for something as if it does not exist to prove a point. That Islamic extremism is more widespread is a far more demonstrable and valid point.

Other then loud mouthed morons exactly what has Westboro done to deny anyone their rights or life?

I would like an example of the christian extremism that is currently taking place, that is on par with Islamic extremism?

Westboro Baptist Church.
Ku Klux Klan
Anders Behring Breivik
Army of God
Concerned Christians (deported from Israel for their attempts to destroy mosques to facilitate the return of Christ)

Now, I am not presenting the position that Christian extremism is nearly as widespread as Islamic extremism. On that point I would agree with you. However, if you want examples of Christian extremism on par with Islamic extremism, they exist. It may not be the best idea to ask for something as if it does not exist to prove a point. That Islamic extremism is more widespread is a far more demonstrable and valid point.

Other then loud mouthed morons exactly what has Westboro done to deny anyone their rights or life?

WBC is an anomaly on that list, I admit. However, I'm not exactly sure what KG meant by "on par." On par ideologically? On par in terms of violence? There is more to Islamic extremism than violent acts, and there are Islamic extremists who do not engage directly in acts of violence. In terms of extremist ideology, I would argue that WBC is every bit "on par" with Islamic extremism. But that's my observation. Do you differ with it?

How many people have they killed?

Perhaps someone needs to define "religious extremism" and then detail exactly what they think should be "done" about it.

Because what I see is this...the rhetoric of the left is to describe all non-left idealogy as "extremist". The tea partiers are "extremist". Pro-lifers are "extremist". Christians are "extremists", or if they dare to pray publicly, "fundies". Republicans are "extremists".

So who defines "extremism" and exactly what do you propose be done to stop it? Isn't it our right to be extremist, if we so desire? As long as we aren't preventing others from enjoying their protected rights?

Perhaps someone needs to define "religious extremism" and then detail exactly what they think should be "done" about it.

Because what I see is this...the rhetoric of the left is to describe all non-left idealogy as "extremist". The tea partiers are "extremist". Pro-lifers are "extremist". Christians are "extremists", or if they dare to pray publicly, "fundies". Republicans are "extremists".

So who defines "extremism" and exactly what do you propose be done to stop it? Isn't it our right to be extremist, if we so desire? As long as we aren't preventing others from enjoying their protected rights?

Of course.

It is also our right to demean, ridicule, make fun of, and in general blast people's views, including calling them extremists.

What a country.

Of course.

It is also our right to demean, ridicule, make fun of, and in general blast people's views, including calling them extremists.

What a country.

So why are sane people extremists and those in charge not?

Westboro Baptist Church.
Ku Klux Klan
Anders Behring Breivik
Army of God

The Troubles was political, not religious. It just appeared religious because Irish are predominately Catholic, while English are predominately not.

Anders Behring Breivik has never claimed to be Christian.

The Lord's resistance Army believes in African mysticism, Christian fundamentalism, and Islam.

Army of God is is a terror organization that pretends to be religious in order to provide a cover for its actions and, like the LRA, it has even claimed to be Islamic at times.

If you're preaching death to someone else for having a different belief within the church(in the name of the religion)=extremism. You can also be described as one for wanting the state to follow your "beliefs" even through they're 1,000 years old of date.

This is extremism. The left supports something that is totally opposite of their belief system. So you would think?

Last edited:

Of course.

What a country.

So you're ok with a people that want to forcefully take away your freedom?

Of course.

What a country.

So just because someone is "extreme" to someone they want to forcefully take away your freedom?

What about us extremists who want the Constitution upheld and government power limited?

That doesn't work for people who want to control others.

When you say "control", what are you referring to?

I'mst a group in the United States forcing people at gunpoint to convert, or an employer illegally threatening his/her employees with termination if they don’t convert… yes, there should be laws against that.

But are you referring to something else?

There are certain groups of people who want to control people and people living their religion causes them problems.

Oh, Jeezus, Avatar. You're a member of the dominant religion, by far, in this country. Don't play the victim. Just because society is leaving your values behind doesn't mean that people are trying to control you because of your religion.

I mean, its only natural to feel scared that Christianity will someday cease to exist. Every religion of the past has eventually been outgrown by its society and subsequently become extinct- Amon Ra, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Zoroaster, etc., etc. Nobody really worships them anymore, you know?But that's, at least, a little ways off...

When you say "control", what are you referring to?

I'mst a group in the United States forcing people at gunpoint to convert, or an employer illegally threatening his/her employees with termination if they don’t convert… yes, there should be laws against that.

But are you referring to something else?

There are certain groups of people who want to control people and people living their religion causes them problems.

Oh, Jeezus, Avatar. You're a member of the dominant religion, by far, in this country. Don't play the victim. Just because society is leaving your values behind doesn't mean that people are trying to control you because of your religion.

I mean, its only natural to feel scared that Christianity will someday cease to exist. Every religion of the past has eventually been outgrown by its society and subsequently become extinct- Amon Ra, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Zoroaster, etc., etc. Nobody really worships them anymore, you know?But that's, at least, a little ways off...

No. Im a member of an ostracized subset of the dominant religion. I don't play the victim because I refuse to give anyone power over me.

Im not scared that Christianity will cease to exist. I am just trying to stop people who want to destroy Christians, and quite frankly, people of all faiths, so they can have power.

Your little qualifier there at the end is very telling...

How is it telling? We are discussing the difference between religious extremism. Wouldn't it be prudent to compare the differences in a discussion on that very topic?

Of course.

What a country.

I consider these people to be extreme, should we worry about them trying to take away our rights?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jainism

It's funny how the left loves attacking Christians, but turns around the next second kissing the floor Islam walks on as it wants to reverse everything they believe. If you're going to be against extremist, be against it...

If not then just admit that you think the Christian religion is extreme and you hate it. I'll admit that someone that wants gay marriage and limitless abortion may well be right. The thing is islam considers it's self our enemy as we have always been at war with it...It would be like China kicking our asses and taking over. They'd love to do it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back