I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.

I'm not surprised at you missing the reasons why he was elected, Lakhota.

After seeing everything going on in other countries with open boarders, think about what his opponent was proposing for us.

I know exactly why he was elected. All the racist short-bus homeskooled no-schooled peckerwoods came out of the woodwork to support a con artist.

Is that Yassir Arafat behind Anita Bryant? Can't see.

And I'm gonna risk all my jackpot and go way out on a limb and say maybe Corazon Aquino behind Victor Borge's shoulder.....

I had this weird flash back in history, in 1933 in Germany, many good people were fed up with the economic and political atmosphere ended up putting a mad demagogue into office as their leader.

Way to regurgitate the DNC primer on Trump; my, aren't you a predictable lemming?

WikiLeaks - Search the DNC email database

WikiLeaks - Search the DNC email database

^ It all came from that.

Sorry, time for reality to knock:

trump-immigrant.jpg

That's Rosa Parks standing next to Trump.

Looks like him? Joe! Hmm? What's the medal?

Muhammad-Ali-and-Joe-DiMaggio.jpg

I'm not surprised at you missing the reasons why he was elected, Lakhota.

After seeing everything going on in other countries with open boarders, think about what his opponent was proposing for us.

I know exactly why he was elected. All the racist short-bus homeskooled no-schooled peckerwoods came out of the woodwork to support a con artist.
I'm good with people like you choosing to be ignorant. :)

20krein-superJumbo.jpg

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.

More: Opinion | I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.

18krein2-web2-master180.jpg

Julius Krein (@JuliusKrein) is the founder and editor of American Affairs.

Better late than never! I applaud this young man for his honesty and admitting his mistake. I hope many others will follow.

Julius is welcome to change his mind.

He can regret it all he wants.

A mistake ?

You can shove it.

You lost.

Suck on it.

BULLSHIT! this pajama boy didn't vote for Trump...no way no how he is a liar.

trump-immigrant.jpg

(Joe DiMaggio, Victor Borge, and Anita Bryant are also featured in the photograph.)

Trump was one of 80 individuals to receive the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 1986, the first year that the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations handed out the award. However, the fact that Donald Trump received the award and posed for a photograph says little about his motivations or whether or not he has racist tendencies, only that he received an award and participated in a ceremony meant to honor him (and others).

Trump Received Ellis Island Award in 1986

So, Trump was only one of 80 to receive the award.

Looks pretty prestigious to me.

We didn't get a choice over liberal politics other than Trump, reminds me of Hobson's choice, You get liberal whims and whimsies, or you get to a pull a rabbit out a of hat. Trump was THAT rabbit, that alternative, that's how disaffected some of us were. What a rabbit it was, I wanted the Ted Cruz Rabbit.

Is that Yassir Arafat behind Anita Bryant? Can't see.

And I'm gonna risk all my jackpot and go way out on a limb and say maybe Corazon Aquino behind Victor Borge's shoulder.....

You sure are reading a lot out of some partial faces. You just might be right, especially about Aquino.

I have..this face recognizing thing.

20krein-superJumbo.jpg

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.

More: Opinion | I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.

Julius Krein (@JuliusKrein) is the founder and editor of American Affairs.

Better late than never! I applaud this young man for his honesty and admitting his mistake. I hope many others will follow.
I saw Mr. Krein on MSNBC tonight. Although he's exposing himself as a gullable dupe for voting for this charlatan I have to give him some credit for admitting his mistake.
Tiny Dancer has come close but I doubt any of our forum white supremacists will ever take their mouths off the comrade's tiny dick?

We didn't get a choice over liberal politics other than Trump, reminds me of Hobson's choice, You get liberal whims and whimsies, or you get a pull a rabbit out a of hat. Trump was THAT rabbit, that alternative, that's how disaffected some of us were. What a rabbit it was, I wanted the Ted Cruz Rabbit.

Trump is liberal politics. :dunno:

Will Krein's editorial turn his career around? Who knows, more importantly who cares about the opinion of a 31 year old Harvard grad. Personlly I know about a dozen Vets who would eat young Julius alive.

I VOTED for TRUMP............

I do not regret it.
That's because you're an idiot.
Coming from you I'll take that as a compliment..................

Opinions are like assholes..........everybody has one.........and they all stink...........

Your opinion doesn't have any more weight than mine or anyone else's...........so pat yourself on the back and feel self righteous........I simply don't care.

I didn't vote for Clinton or trump. And I don't regret it in the slightest. Voting for my principles was one of the most liberating experiences in my life.

Forum List

Back