I was wrong... the health of the mother is not valid for an abortion.

To me a fertilized egg is not yet a human being, any more than a blueprint is a house. A baby at birth is a person and has the right to live. Somewhere between those two extremes is a line where abortions (except in very rare cases) should be banned. I'm not sure where that line is but it is our brains that make us different from any other animal, a heart is just not the same. Once that brain truly begins to function, that is a person. IMHO of course.

As I've heard, a baby isn't viable until the 7th month when a chemical is release into the lungs so they can expand upon birth. That's the line in my opinion. Third trimester is off limits. The baby can survive on its own and is viable.
I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.
Snip the neck of a baby who can feel everything lol .. I can’t wait until this is outlawed again.. I’m going to laugh in your sick face

So..you're saying kill the mother to save the baby?

Force the mother to carry to term a fetus with fatal birth defects?

You are misidentifying who is sick here.
You are the one that won't complain about liberal policy of abortion to the day before birth.

I won't complain because there is no such policy.

I was originally ok with abortions in case of mother's health, rape or incest, based on the statistics, the murder of a person
that was NOT going to affect a woman's health is wrong.
Then I find out that really DUMB women who already had a 2nd or 3rd abortion?
That is shear murder because the women couldn't say NO!
It was evidently OK for a few moments of pleasure to terminate an especially innocent baby.
That makes my sex irrelevant.
But what is more relevant is you approve of dumb women who have already had abortions? That is shear stupidity on theirs and your part!
To me a fertilized egg is not yet a human being, any more than a blueprint is a house. A baby at birth is a person and has the right to live. Somewhere between those two extremes is a line where abortions (except in very rare cases) should be banned. I'm not sure where that line is but it is our brains that make us different from any other animal, a heart is just not the same. Once that brain truly begins to function, that is a person. IMHO of course.

As I've heard, a baby isn't viable until the 7th month when a chemical is release into the lungs so they can expand upon birth. That's the line in my opinion. Third trimester is off limits. The baby can survive on its own and is viable.
I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.
Snip the neck of a baby who can feel everything lol .. I can’t wait until this is outlawed again.. I’m going to laugh in your sick face

You using something extremely uncommon to kill a baby is sick.. when I was growing up we have a bombing of a abortion clinic and couldn’t understand why.. now I do

You using something extremely uncommon to kill a baby is sick.. when I was growing up we have a bombing of a abortion clinic and couldn’t understand why.. now I do

This is what I said (what you responded to): I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.

Then you say that should be outlawed. Sick.

This is what I said (what you responded to): I still think there need to be exceptions even in the third trimester - the mother's life/serious health complications, fatal birth defects.

It was never about a fetus' life, it's only ever been about controlling women's bodies.

You are the one that won't complain about liberal policy of abortion to the day before birth.

Really? We didn't just have several Liberal States pass new laws stating for the record that abortion was allowed until birth? We didn't have several States refuse to limit abortions at all? As I recall you were in those threads on places like New York and California declaring abortion up till birth and I do not recall you once raising concerns with that law. If I am wrong please link me to a post where you said once a fetus is viable it should not be aborted except for the health of the mother?

Really? We didn't just have several Liberal States pass new laws stating for the record that abortion was allowed until birth? We didn't have several States refuse to limit abortions at all? As I recall you were in those threads on places like New York and California declaring abortion up till birth and I do not recall you once raising concerns with that law. If I am wrong please link me to a post where you said once a fetus is viable it should not be aborted except for the health of the mother?

Post the states and the new laws.

Talk like this in a few more years

Be specific now and tell us when New York, California and Illinois ban abortions. A link would be nice.,

Talk like this in a few more years
????

No we didn't have several states do that.

Be specific now and tell us when New York, California and Illinois ban abortions. A link would be nice.,

I bolded the claim you made.

Now please provide the new laws you are claiming allow abortion up to birth as I previously asked you. Instead of deflecting.

New York had restrictive laws after viability long before many other states.

No we didn't have several states do that.

Here's the current legal playing field for abortion - there is nothing there like he claims. Once again - the rightwingnuts lie.

State Bans on Abortion Throughout Pregnancy

Now please provide the new laws you are claiming allow abortion up to birth as I previously asked you. Instead of deflecting.
Look up Illinois law they passed it in 2019. The Governor was even glad handing abortion rights supporters when it passed. I was wrong about New York they ban it at 24 weeks California claims to ban it at 24 weeks but allows it right up to birth. All ot takes is for a doctor to do it.

Look up Illinois law they passed it in 2019. The Governor was even glad handing abortion rights supporters when it passed. I was wrong about New York they ban it at 24 weeks California claims to ban it at 24 weeks but allows it right up to birth. All ot takes is for a doctor to do it.

What is wrong with it?

Gov. J.B. Pritzker signs abortion rights law making procedure a 'fundamental right' for women in Illinois

Entitled the Reproductive Health Act, the law repeals the Illinois Abortion Law of 1975. It eliminates felony penalties for doctors that perform abortions, removes waiting periods and removes the requirement that a married woman get consent from her husband.

The bill establishes the “fundamental right” of a woman to have an abortion and states that a “fertilized egg, embryo or fetus does not have independent rights.” The law also requires that the cost of an abortion be treated like any other medical procedure for insurance purposes.

What is wrong with it?

Gov. J.B. Pritzker signs abortion rights law making procedure a 'fundamental right' for women in Illinois

Entitled the Reproductive Health Act, the law repeals the Illinois Abortion Law of 1975. It eliminates felony penalties for doctors that perform abortions, removes waiting periods and removes the requirement that a married woman get consent from her husband.

The bill establishes the “fundamental right” of a woman to have an abortion and states that a “fertilized egg, embryo or fetus does not have independent rights.” The law also requires that the cost of an abortion be treated like any other medical procedure for insurance purposes.
Be specific now and cite for us the cut off of when an abortion can be done.

What is wrong with it?

Be specific now and cite for us the cut off of when an abortion can be done.

State Bans on Abortion Throughout Pregnancy
922-3.jpg

If you want more specificity, you will need to provide it since YOU made the claims (not my job to prove your claims).

The law does not establish a date it simply says a fetus can be aborted. Show me specific language that changes the "fetus" to non "fetus" status in Illinois.

Forum List

Back