I went to jail tonight and i need advice

We nearly wound up in court over me tying my picket fence I built last year into his at the corner of our property.

The guy is a fucking jerk. However it is my stereo that got me where I am not his.

Like I posted earlier, all cities and towns have a noise ordnance that people have to follow.

What would help you out a great deal is to find out what TIME the noise ordnance goes into effect, because before then? You can blast your stereo as loud as you want.

Most of them tend to be around dark.

And, if you don't know what time it is, why not? You stated this was your 5th ticket.

Seems the solution is pretty simple actually.

I mentioned a couple times that noise ordinances kick in at midnight on the weekends. This occurred before midnight. The stereo isn't the issue. I was wrong and it was addressed. Their behavior to me is odd. 5 guys for a stereo complaint is ridiculous. The last time I was ticketed was for my daughters party and they simply mailed me the ticket. Closing the door is no crime in my book. Yea, he says his foot was in it. He's right it was cause he stuck it there after he saw what I was doing.

Let me be clear. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE NOISE COMPLAINT.

I do however have a problem with being thrown in jail so someone can stroke their fucking ego in my home. The radio was off before the damn door was even opened.

So, Grampa got murked by a neighbor who called in the law.
Freakin' deal with it and stop playing the 'victim card'!
You have to be a closet liberal with all this whinin'!

Like I posted earlier, all cities and towns have a noise ordnance that people have to follow.

What would help you out a great deal is to find out what TIME the noise ordnance goes into effect, because before then? You can blast your stereo as loud as you want.

And, if you don't know what time it is, why not? You stated this was your 5th ticket.

I mentioned a couple times that noise ordinances kick in at midnight on the weekends. This occurred before midnight. The stereo isn't the issue. I was wrong and it was addressed. Their behavior to me is odd. 5 guys for a stereo complaint is ridiculous. The last time I was ticketed was for my daughters party and they simply mailed me the ticket. Closing the door is no crime in my book. Yea, he says his foot was in it. He's right it was cause he stuck it there after he saw what I was doing.

I do however have a problem with being thrown in jail so someone can stroke their fucking ego in my home. The radio was off before the damn door was even opened.

So the cop stuck his foot in the door "after he saw what I was doing" to quote you.

What was it that made the cop stick his foot in the door? Were you smoking pot?

Lol funny assumption. I haven't done drugs since I was a kid.

He saw me grab for the handle and start sliding the door shut so he shoved his foot in to stop me. It's all so fucking trivial its hard to believe the pettiness of it.

What you need to do is find out the maximum legal allowed noise you can make and until what time then make it constantly for days on end..the neighbor will think twice about calling cops after that

Actually Ravi, the decibel level is kinda important as well.

Here in Amarillo, I worked at a bar located in a neighborhood area with houses, and one of the things that I had to check regularly was the decibel level in the bar (couldn't go above 95) while the live bands were playing.

Incidentally, you can also get arrested if your motorcycle registers over the same amount. Once, I pulled the baffles out of my Harley's pipes (like that, it would hit 110) and was almost given a ticket for loud pipes, but they didn't have a meter to measure me with.

So the cop stuck his foot in the door "after he saw what I was doing" to quote you.

He saw me grab for the handle and start sliding the door shut so he shoved his foot in to stop me. It's all so fucking trivial its hard to believe the pettiness of it.

You're lucky you didn't get charged for assaulting a police officer.

I mentioned a couple times that noise ordinances kick in at midnight on the weekends.
This occurred before midnight. The stereo isn't the issue. I was wrong and it was addressed. Their behavior to me is odd. 5 guys for a stereo complaint is ridiculous. The last time I was ticketed was for my daughters party and they simply mailed me the ticket. Closing the door is no crime in my book. Yea, he says his foot was in it. He's right it was cause he stuck it there after he saw what I was doing.

Link?

It also depends on how high the db measures, no?

Sorry but KC is the closest bit of personal info I'm willing to give. Believe it or don't. Any links beyond that and I might as well post my damn address.

You're lucky you didn't get charged for assaulting a police officer.

I suppose he could have done that but it wasn't intentional on my part. I had no idea he would stick his foot over the door track.

Alright. Grampa. Let me fill you in on something. I am an aspiring leader,but i.am an architect by day,slow now,and a part-time third shift deputy in my countys sheriff departmentGeorgia is very tough on crime,but the one item that were taught,and experience pulls it out,is law enforcement,quality of life,and safety. We get billions of these calls nightly,even in the small towns. You have to ask a citizen to be let in,unless you have a warrant. However,an officer,out in the public,can detain and question without cause,but cant enter a private home without a warrant. Get a lawyer. If you didnt get meatmouth with the cop,then they cant barge in arrest you,without a probable cause. If i was sent out on the call,i would have told you tobturn down the music,given you a warning,and told you since you were drinking,to stay indoors. Had you mouthed off to me,i would have warned one more time followbthe orders and be done with it. We have more important issues to deal with besides a loud damn stereo. For the most part,people observe the curfew and ordinances down here.

What you need to do is find out the maximum legal allowed noise you can make and until what time then make it constantly for days on end..the neighbor will think twice about calling cops after that

Wonder if the maximum legal noise limit is specified in 'decibels' in the local statutes?
Hmmmmm, by God, I really think you are onto something here, Eots!!!

again,discretion is the key. Had you been a repeat offender,i would have written out a disturbing the peace ticket if i had to come a second time. If i smelled drugs,then id have probable cause to enter and arrest. Tickets here are mighty high,though. A disturb ticket can run $458.00

Alright. Grampa. Let me fill you in on something. I am an aspiring leader,but i.am an architect by day,slow now,and a part-time third shift deputy in my countys sheriff departmentGeorgia is very tough on crime,but the one item that were taught,and experience pulls it out,is law enforcement,quality of life,and safety. We get billions of these calls nightly,even in the small towns. You have to ask a citizen to be let in,unless you have a warrant. However,an officer,out in the public,can detain and question without cause,but cant enter a private home without a warrant. Get a lawyer. If you didnt get meatmouth with the cop,then they cant barge in arrest you,without a probable cause. If i was sent out on the call,i would have told you tobturn down the music,given you a warning,and told you since you were drinking,to stay indoors. Had you mouthed off to me,i would have warned one more time followbthe orders and be done with it. We have more important issues to deal with besides a loud damn stereo. For the most part,people observe the curfew and ordinances down here.

Cripee!
Another expert chimes in on this SENSATIONAL case!

If its a matter of dickhead neighbor,they get warned too,especially if the call is egreigious. We have better things to do than a stereo. Must have been rookies looking to make a mark.

Wonder if the maximum legal noise limit is specified in 'decibels' in the local statutes?
Hmmmmm, by God, I really think you are onto something here, Eots!!!

The cost and public benefit of prosecuting a case is not worth it. Tickets and fines work,though.

My brother opened the slider door at the back of the house. The music was loud and apparently I told my brother to close the door. He tried and failed. O left the back of the house and sat in my lazy boy. They kept demanding my id and I said "why, what did I do". After this refusal in my own home in my living room they said stand up and put your hands behind your back, were done being nice. O spent 3 hours in jail and they refused to let me make a call. And I'm charged with obstruction of justice, noise ordinences and disobeying police orders.

I was in MY HOME in my lazy boy asking them to ticket me for noise and leave.

Am I wrong?

I know those of you that dislike me will have a field day with this but I thought I was right and I was having none of it. Till I went to jail of course. And by the way, I wasn't allowed a phone call for nearly 3 hours.

It is never a good idea to be non compliant when dealing with the Police. My guess is if you had given them your ID with out an argument, you would have only got a ticket. Where you perhaps intoxicated? Not that it is illegal to be drunk or anything, but Often after a long night cops are to the point they have little patience with Intoxicated people. Having worked when I was younger as a bouncer I can tell you it can get real old listening to self righteous Drunks make fools of themselves lol.

sillie me ...i thought you could be a drunken fool in your own home....

they had no right to enter your home.....i would go talk to the magistrate and see if this can be dismissed....

I would ask the lawyer.... to ask for it to be dismissed.

sillie me ...i thought you could be a drunken fool in your own home....

they had no right to enter your home.....i would go talk to the magistrate and see if this can be dismissed....

If his home (or trailer) is close enough that they can hear his music in THEIR homes, then he is wrong. He is a law breaker and he went to jail for it.

Stop fucking whining if someone breaks a law.

Forum List

Back