ID law found discriminatory

I think this article sums it up rather nicely

SNIP:
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
The AG invents fears of ballot suppression. .Article Comments more in Opinion | Find New $LINKTEXTFIND$ ».Email Print Save ↓ More .
.smaller Larger

The Obama Administration's re-election mobilization continues: Witness Eric Holder's attempt to play the race card and perhaps twist the law in a campaign against voter identification laws.

In the Attorney General's telling, the movement in the states to require voters to show some ID is a revival of minority disenfranchisement a la Jim Crow. A growing number of minorities, he said in a speech last week, are now worried about "the same disparities, divisions and problems" that beset the country in 1965 and "many Americans, for the first time in their lives . . . now have reason to believe that we are failing to live up" to the promise of democracy for all.

If you haven't heard about this national crisis, perhaps that's because you don't travel in Mr. Holder's political circles. He is merely repeating the howls of groups like the NAACP and the George Soros-funded Brennan Center, which claim without evidence that voter ID laws hurt minorities.

The NAACP even petitioned the United Nations this month for a human-rights ruling on what President Benjamin Jealous called a "tidal wave of assaults on the right to vote." He meant in America, not Cuba or North Korea. The American Civil Liberties Union has sued to challenge a voter ID law in Wisconsin.

.Mr. Holder's remarks are especially notable because they come as the Justice Department is reviewing voter ID laws in Texas and South Carolina for "preclearance" under the Voting Rights Act. The states' plans require voters to present photo ID like a driver's license or passport to vote, a measure endorsed by the Commission on Federal Election Reform headed by President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker in 2005 to protect the integrity of the ballot.

Mr. Holder says the Civil Rights Division led by Thomas Perez will review the policies and impartially "apply the law." If that's true, Mr. Perez's job should be easy: In 2005, Justice approved a nearly identical law in Georgia. In 2008's Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, the Supreme Court likewise ruled 6-3 that an Indiana law requiring photo ID at the ballot box was constitutional.

The court's liberal lion, then-Justice John Paul Stevens, wrote for the majority that Indiana's law "is unquestionably relevant to the State's interest in protecting the integrity and reliability of the electoral process." Indiana offered free voter ID cards to all citizens, so the inconvenience of picking up an ID at the Department of Motor Vehicles wasn't an undue burden and was reasonably balanced by the state's interest in reducing fraud, Justice Stevens wrote.

That isn't good enough for Mr. Holder, who says his department's priority is to "expand the franchise." But expand it for whom, exactly? The vast majority of voters already have the necessary photo ID, which they need to get through airport security or register for a grocery-store savings card.

read the rest..
Review & Outlook: Holder's Voter ID Fraud - WSJ.com

I would hope that ANY administration, whether Democrat or Republican, would work to insure that ALL American citizens, regardless of party affiliation, or race, or age, or gender, or socioeconomic status had full and complete access to vote in any election, regardless of whether it's a local, state, or national election, and would remove any and all obstacles so that American citizens would be able to exercise their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

The idea of having to identify myself to authority is almost a repugnant to me as eating ear wax. Such is reminiscent of movies depicting Nazi Check Points, where heels are clicked, gloved hand extended and in that Gestapo accent papers are being demanded.

But even more ridiculous is the idea that "papers" could not counterfeited or forged, which of course they could. In fact, such business ventures have become extremely lucrative in a country populated by millions of illegals wanting to stay, not to mention criminals whose sole aim is identity theft.

If this country has its panties in a bunch over how to handle undocumented workers, we must find better means of ferreting them out. Change some of our nonsense laws, such as granting citizenship to the children of illegals. Or pass more stringent laws placing sanctions and full financial responsibility on those who hire and pay illegals under the table. When I say financial responsibility, I mean make them pay all back taxes due, including FICA. That would stop a lot of this in a New York Minute.

The primary job of Law Enforcement is to protect and serve, not stop and check. Not to mention our society has far too many racial biases to ever have that kind of latitude. In other words, no matter what some think all Muslims don't hate us nor are they wired to explode on contact. All young Black men (regardless of their attire) are not criminals, gang members or drug addicts. And not all Mexicans are illegal dope dealers. But that's how many of us think. My prejudice emerges when I see a bald headed multi-pierced tattooed young White man, I immediately think White Supremacist - my bad.

Furthermore, under the Bill of Rights, everyone is innocent until proven guilty - that doesn't mean unless we don't like them. Some very dangerous freedom robbing precedents have been set in this country, even more so after 9/11.

Our borders have always been open - North and South. Care must be taken in how we address these issues least we forever lose what makes this the greatest nation on earth - even now - and that is our freedom.

The idea of having to identify myself to authority is almost a repugnant to me as eating ear wax. Such is reminiscent of movies depicting Nazi Check Points, where heels are clicked, gloved hand extended and in that Gestapo accent papers are being demanded.

But even more ridiculous is the idea that "papers" could not counterfeited or forged, which of course they could. In fact, such business ventures have become extremely lucrative in a country populated by millions of illegals wanting to stay, not to mention criminals whose sole aim is identity theft.

If this country has its panties in a bunch over how to handle undocumented workers, we must find better means of ferreting them out. Change some of our nonsense laws, such as granting citizenship to the children of illegals. Or pass more stringent laws placing sanctions and full financial responsibility on those who hire and pay illegals under the table. When I say financial responsibility, I mean make them pay all back taxes due, including FICA. That would stop a lot of this in a New York Minute.

The primary job of Law Enforcement is to protect and serve, not stop and check. Not to mention our society has far too many racial biases to ever have that kind of latitude. In other words, no matter what some think all Muslims don't hate us nor are they wired to explode on contact. All young Black men (regardless of their attire) are not criminals, gang members or drug addicts. And not all Mexicans are illegal dope dealers. But that's how many of us think. My prejudice emerges when I see a bald headed multi-pierced tattooed young White man, I immediately think White Supremacist - my bad.

Furthermore, under the Bill of Rights, everyone is innocent until proven guilty - that doesn't mean unless we don't like them. Some very dangerous freedom robbing precedents have been set in this country, even more so after 9/11.

Our borders have always been open - North and South. Care must be taken in how we address these issues least we forever lose what makes this the greatest nation on earth - even now - and that is our freedom.

lol, holy fuck, and you don't even want to identify yourself in any manner to vote.:eusa_clap:

Do you really think legal citizens will go through the effort to get a forged id, paying whatever they are worth, rather than simply getting the free one from "the man"?

Poor America

SNIP:
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
The AG invents fears of ballot suppression. .Article Comments more in Opinion | Find New $LINKTEXTFIND$ ».Email Print Save ↓ More .
.smaller Larger

The Obama Administration's re-election mobilization continues: Witness Eric Holder's attempt to play the race card and perhaps twist the law in a campaign against voter identification laws.

In the Attorney General's telling, the movement in the states to require voters to show some ID is a revival of minority disenfranchisement a la Jim Crow. A growing number of minorities, he said in a speech last week, are now worried about "the same disparities, divisions and problems" that beset the country in 1965 and "many Americans, for the first time in their lives . . . now have reason to believe that we are failing to live up" to the promise of democracy for all.

If you haven't heard about this national crisis, perhaps that's because you don't travel in Mr. Holder's political circles. He is merely repeating the howls of groups like the NAACP and the George Soros-funded Brennan Center, which claim without evidence that voter ID laws hurt minorities.

The NAACP even petitioned the United Nations this month for a human-rights ruling on what President Benjamin Jealous called a "tidal wave of assaults on the right to vote." He meant in America, not Cuba or North Korea. The American Civil Liberties Union has sued to challenge a voter ID law in Wisconsin.

.Mr. Holder's remarks are especially notable because they come as the Justice Department is reviewing voter ID laws in Texas and South Carolina for "preclearance" under the Voting Rights Act. The states' plans require voters to present photo ID like a driver's license or passport to vote, a measure endorsed by the Commission on Federal Election Reform headed by President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker in 2005 to protect the integrity of the ballot.

Mr. Holder says the Civil Rights Division led by Thomas Perez will review the policies and impartially "apply the law." If that's true, Mr. Perez's job should be easy: In 2005, Justice approved a nearly identical law in Georgia. In 2008's Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, the Supreme Court likewise ruled 6-3 that an Indiana law requiring photo ID at the ballot box was constitutional.

The court's liberal lion, then-Justice John Paul Stevens, wrote for the majority that Indiana's law "is unquestionably relevant to the State's interest in protecting the integrity and reliability of the electoral process." Indiana offered free voter ID cards to all citizens, so the inconvenience of picking up an ID at the Department of Motor Vehicles wasn't an undue burden and was reasonably balanced by the state's interest in reducing fraud, Justice Stevens wrote.

That isn't good enough for Mr. Holder, who says his department's priority is to "expand the franchise." But expand it for whom, exactly? The vast majority of voters already have the necessary photo ID, which they need to get through airport security or register for a grocery-store savings card.

read the rest..

I would hope that ANY administration, whether Democrat or Republican, would work to insure that ALL American citizens, regardless of party affiliation, or race, or age, or gender, or socioeconomic status had full and complete access to vote in any election, regardless of whether it's a local, state, or national election, and would remove any and all obstacles so that American citizens would be able to exercise their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

Care to cite for us the section of the Constitution that grants the right to vote?

SNIP:
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
.smaller Larger

read the rest..

Care to cite for us the section of the Constitution that grants the right to vote?
Precisely. There isn't one that guarantees it in a Federal Election.

I am sorry , there is no excuse for anyone NOT to have a valid picture ID. You know when the elections are its not like they creep up on you. If you want to vote You have a year or two between elections. You cant say that these people are NO where near an ID place in that time. I am not buying it ..

Precisely. There isn't one that guarantees it in a Federal Election.

Three Amendments clarify what criteria can NOT be used to deny a citizen the ability to vote. BUT there is no underlying clause or portion of the Constitution that STATES it is a right.

I am sorry , there is no excuse for anyone NOT to have a valid picture ID. You know when the elections are its not like they creep up on you. If you want to vote You have a year or two between elections. You cant say that these people are NO where near an ID place in that time. I am not buying it ..

The strategy is to fuck around long enough so that the "too close to election" card will be played. Watch.

South Carolina voter ID law rejected by Justice Department - latimes.com

Reporting from Washington— The Obama administration's civil rights office is stepping up its fight with the Southern states over voting rights, announcing it will block a new South Carolina law that would require voters to show a government-issued photo identification before casting a ballot.

The Justice Department invoked the Voting Rights Act on Friday and said the new photo-identification rule could deny the right to vote for tens of thousands of blacks and other minorities.

"According to the state's statistics, there are 81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack DMV-issued identification," Thomas E. Perez, the chief of the department's civil rights division, said in a letter to South Carolina officials. He referred to a driver's license issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, the most common form of photo identification.
Obama needs to get a grip. The non-enforcement of identification is causing a lot of voter fraud in this nation, and Judicial Watch has the lawsuits to prove that to be a fact.

Eric Holder has gotten so into politics, he needs to recuse himself from being Attorney General. He is not fair, he is biased, and he takes orders directly from the President.

That is not in keeping with judicial propriety, no way shape or form.

If Obama wants to domineer the judicial, why didn't he opt for a Supreme Court position.

They need to put some cheating precinct chairmen in jail for about 30 years for letting people vote over and over. It's a national disgrace, and it's nullifying everyone else's vote when Democrats give themself the option of voting 30 or 40 times apiece surreptitiously by lying and cheating at the polls.

Also, the politicians in back rooms calling the precinct chairmen telling them they have to produce x amount of votes or else need to do a few life terms apiece for corrupting the voting process.

It's one man one vote, not 30 votes per democrat and 1 vote for Republican, the way it's turning out all over. Voters are fed up on the skewed election system of having intimidators standing outside voting boths frightening people into voting Democrat or get beat up. I thought that was only in the middle east until videos showed up of black panthers threatening people outside some voting booths in 2010 in this country. It reminds me of the KKK in the south in the 60s.

Enough!!!

Last edited:

SNIP:
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
.smaller Larger

read the rest..

How about the 26th Amendment to the US Constitution?

1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

It just makes so much sense to me to be required to
have a picture ID.I have no idea why we haven't
had this before.If everyone is required to have this
how is it discrimination?

I see the good Rev's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
are involved in this....that could splain it.
White people get nervous/scared when these guys
show up and threaten law suit.

Reporting from Washington— The Obama administration's civil rights office is stepping up its fight with the Southern states over voting rights, announcing it will block a new South Carolina law that would require voters to show a government-issued photo identification before casting a ballot.

The Justice Department invoked the Voting Rights Act on Friday and said the new photo-identification rule could deny the right to vote for tens of thousands of blacks and other minorities.

"According to the state's statistics, there are 81,938 minority citizens who are already registered to vote and who lack DMV-issued identification," Thomas E. Perez, the chief of the department's civil rights division, said in a letter to South Carolina officials. He referred to a driver's license issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, the most common form of photo identification.

Funny how anti-big government conservatives want to force people to carry government issued identification cards.

Funny how anti-big government conservatives want to force people to carry government issued identification cards.

LOL Now that is simple minded.

Not me! I want eye scans or fingerprint scans that say "no, you haven't voted, go ahead," or "yes, you already voted, go to jail now."

:lmao:

Not me! I want eye scans or fingerprint scans that say "no, you haven't voted, go ahead," or "yes, you already voted, go to jail now."

Because people voting twice is such a widespread problem and there aren't any laws against it already.

LOL Now that is simple minded.

Doesn't even reach the simple minded plateau.

Because people voting twice is such a widespread problem and there aren't any laws against it already.

Then why such a big push against ID...
We have to produce ID almost daily as it is. :mad:

Forum List

Back