If God did not exist

It provides the Scriptural verses and reasoning behind the hypothesis.

It is incomplete because it is missing a reason. In addition, it is offensive because it questions God and doesn't give man's guilt.

Not the kind of material I would give someone.
That is why I say perhaps you can enlighten us. Give us your Scriptural references and reasoning. :)

God shows up all the time to people who care. Those who don't give a darn ---- get exactly what they seek --- nothing.

Please consider the following: Does God Exist - Six Reasons to Believe that God is Really There - Is There a God

Bullshit. People pray for the lives of their loved ones, and God doesn't answer their prayers. God doesn't cure cancer, does he?

Actually he does. Just not all the time.

I was present when we prayed for a woman who had cancer. It was gone within weeks.

It's called the law of averages.

For every 10,000 people with cancer that christians pray over, one goes into recession and everyone cries "A MIRACLE! A MIRACLE! PRAISE JEBUS!". It's posted on 50,000 websites and gets a segment on "The 700 Club".

It's like the psychic who makes 500 predictions, one (by the law of averages) happens and yet that one incident will become "proof" that the psychic is real.

Last edited:
It provides the Scriptural verses and reasoning behind the hypothesis.

It is incomplete because it is missing a reason. In addition, it is offensive because it questions God and doesn't give man's guilt.

That is why I say perhaps you can enlighten us. Give us your Scriptural references and reasoning. :)

Job 42:7 ¶ And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

Exodus 20:7 ¶ Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Your article didn't speak right about God and the above verses are an analogy for you and when I can Biblically criticize your post like that then it needs work because your Christian audience isn't receiving it.

Bullshit. People pray for the lives of their loved ones, and God doesn't answer their prayers. God doesn't cure cancer, does he?

I was present when we prayed for a woman who had cancer. It was gone within weeks.

For every 10,000 people with cancer that christians pray over, one goes into recession and everyone cries "A MIRACLE! A MIRACLE! PRAISE JEBUS!". It's posted on 50,000 websites and gets a segment on "The 700 Club".

It's like the psychic who makes 500 predictions, one (by the law of averages) happens and yet that one incident will become "proof" that the psychic is real.

Usually the person follows the doctor around while they're praying and they're taking the medicine or treatments and when it goes into remission, they say, "God healed me" while promoting false doctrine.

God can heal and I don't know this situation but I don't see it as the law of averages because you would have to show me case studies where people heal themselves from cancer.

An atheist was walking through the woods, admiring all that the "accidents" that evolution had created.

"What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. Turning to look, he saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw the grizzly was closing.

Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again and the bear was even closer.

His heart was pounding and he tried to run faster. He tripped and fell to the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but the bear was right over him, reaching for him with its left paw and raising its right paw strike him.

At that instant the atheist cried, "Oh my God...!"

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all these years, teach others that I don't exist and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help
you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be religious after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear religious?"

"Very well" said the voice.

The light went out. The river ran. The sounds of the forest resumed.

..and then the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together and bowed its head and spoke: "Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful..."

Christians love stories like this, for them it's proof that their god exists.

Job 42:7 ¶ And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

Exodus 20:7 ¶ Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Your article didn't speak right about God and the above verses are an analogy for you and when I can Biblically criticize your post like that then it needs work because your Christian audience isn't receiving it.
You lose credibility when you change the subject, in order to avoid the question. The other website provided Scriptural references and possible explanation for the Holocaust. You provide nothing as you criticize other authorities. Can you at least copy and paste the segment in the article that "didn't speak right about God"?

I disagree. She was the only woman we ever laid hands on and prayed for healing for.

Can you point out where in the following Scriptural background, the originator of the letter “didn’t speak right about God”. Here is the complete letter.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for writing us at Christian Questions Radio. You asked why God let six million Jews (his own people) die during World War Two.

This is a very good question and requires some scriptural background in order to answer it adequately. God said to Abraham, “Through your offspring all peoples of the earth will be blessed.” This promise was given to Abraham in Genesis 22:18 and again to his son Isaac in Genesis 26:4. In Genesis 22:17 God tells Abraham that he will make his descendants (his seed) as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. The “seed as the stars” we believe refers to the heavenly seed of Abraham (Christ and the Church). However, we believe that Abraham's earthly seed (the nation of Israel [the sand]), will be the channel through which all the nations of the earth will be blessed. This was a unilateral promise of God, meaning that God swore on himself that his promise would come to pass, and, as we know, it is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2). Therefore, even though the nation of Israel was temporarily cast off from God’s favor and her land left desolate (Matthew 23:38-39), God promised that the nation of Israel would again be restored. How was this restoration to take place?

Isaiah 43:5-6 is one of many prophecies that foretell the re-gathering of the Jewish people to the Promised Land. "Fear not, for I am with thee; I will bring thy seed from the east and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north: Give up, and to the south: Keep not back, bring My sons from far, and My daughters from the end of the earth." For God said: "As the Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the countries whither He had driven them; and I will bring them back into their land that I gave unto their fathers. Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and afterward I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the clefts of the rocks." (Jeremiah 16:15-16)

The Zionist movement compares to the fishing method of gathering. The Zionist activities provided the land with a vital nucleus of people that enabled it to become the new state of Israel. The “many hunters” would be those persecuting forces that led the Jews to face the necessity of return to Palestine. The Holocaust was a diabolical attempt to destroy the "seed of Abraham" and to make void the promise of God. Satan’s plan was thwarted when thousands of Jews who managed to escape the Holocaust found a refuge in Palestine. This occurrence opened the door for the next step in the ultimate fulfillment of God’s promise to Abraham, “to thee will I give it and to thy seed forever.” (Genesis 22:16-18) That step was the reestablishment of Israel as an independent nation in 1948. Israel was further blessed with God’s favor in the “six day war” of 1967. Her victory was nothing short of miraculous and insured that Jerusalem belonged to Israel.

“Jacob’s trouble” still awaits Israel and the world. At that time God will “fight’ for Israel as in the days of old. The Ancient faithful ones (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc.) will then come forth from their graves to lead and instruct the nation. Then the hearts of the Jewish people will be turned to their God. “A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep Mine ordinances, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God." (Ezekiel 36:26-28)

Why did God permit the Holocaust? We believe that one reason God permitted the Holocaust was in order to gain world sympathy for the Jews and facilitate the legal process needed to establish their statehood. It is important to remember that God is in control. He allowed the Holocaust for a purpose. The good news is that He has a wonderful divine plan for Israel and the world. All who were exterminated in the Holocaust will soon be awakened from the sleep of death and receive new bodies free from pain and starvation. Our job is to trust in God and his promises knowing that he cannot lie and that in his time all that he has promised will come to pass.

The Bible plainly states that God gave the Land to the Jewish people as an everlasting possession. The Lord has declared that all efforts to remove Israel from her Land will fail. “And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.” (Amos 9:15) “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people around about . . . in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: All that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.” (Zechariah 12:2-3) As students of the Bible we are watching with great interest as the events in the Middle East continue to unfold and prophecy is fulfilled.

We hope we have shed some light on your question. Be sure to sign up for CQ Rewind at Christian Questions Talk Radio ? Talk Radio with a Purpose. The service is free without obligation and will provide you with scriptural perspective on many questions and topics.

Sincerely,

Christian Questions Radio

http://www.christianquestions.net/en/$sysimages/CQ%20Death%20Of%206%20Million%20Jews.pdf

Atheist finds God

If you are going to find God, at least tell us where.

By PZ Myers, Published: August 21 at 8:22 am
Washington Post

A curious thing happened to my thoughts on the way to composing this essay.

It was supposed to be about how to be an atheist, but I realized that that wasn’t right. Atheism is the default position. You don’t have to do anything to be an atheist, but you have to work awfully hard to not be one — atheism strips away a lot of superfluous nonsense, rather than piling on remarkable requirements and strange creeds and bizarre pointless rituals that you need to obey. So instead, I thought I’d address the believers and tell you what baggage you can throw off ol’ Conestoga Wagon of life, the stuff that we know is completely unnecessary because atheists have traveled the trail without it, and come out just fine.

◾Ditch the Sunday church services first thing. Hanging out with friends and neighbors is great, we atheists do it all the time, but guess what? We do it without a boring dude in a dog collar droning away at us, without sitting in those uncomfortable pews, without snoozing through the same old homilies. It’s like church where you skip the tedious bits and cut straight to the coffee social or the Sunday picnic.

◾The imaginary threat of hell and promise of heaven aren’t needed to keep us in line. We do good because we’re happy to help our communities and see our fellow human beings thrive. Telling us we’re going to be set on fire by a malicious god if we don’t behave isn’t just unbelievable, it’s insulting — we don’t need extortion or offers of imaginary paradise cookies to do the right thing. Why do you?

◾No more prayers, no more worship of an unresponsive invisible man. Believers seem to spend a lot of effort rationalizing the silence at the other end of the line: God will give you what you need, not what you want, he’ll answer in surprising ways, not answering is sometimes the best answer, he’s got a plan that you just don’t see yet. Atheists have the simplest answer: no one is listening. It fits just as well, even better, than all the convoluted explanations you might come up with. And it means you can stop the futile babbling, hang up and do something productive.

◾The guilt! The pointless guilt is gone! Oh, sure, you still feel guilty if you harm people — and that is right and appropriate. But you don’t need to feel guilty about not appeasing a deity, or not following archaic dogma. Most importantly, you never have to feel bad about reciprocating love with another person, because medieval rules to govern relationships have all lost their divine foundation.

◾Speaking of medieval rules, throw away the hierarchical view of society. Rulers aren’t better than those they rule, priests are not above the congregation, women are not man’s helpmeet, your tribe is no longer the chosen people. Wake up to equality, realize that every single human being on the planet is on the same plane, and respect everyone’s rights as the same.

◾Have you ever lost someone you love? You know what churchy people will tell you: They’re in a happier place, God needed another angel, they’re having strawberries and waffles with Jesus right now. Atheists won’t do that: they’ll tell you that it’s OK to grieve. We’ve lost a good person, the right and good thing to do is to mourn and honor the memory of the dead. We don’t make people feel guilty for failing to appreciate the kindness a god has done by destroying a good person.

You may have needed a book of rules and a master to put on the shackles of faith, but you don’t need a guidebook to live a life of liberty. Do you know why atheists are so happy? Because they’re the freest people on Earth, and their only responsibilities are to their fellow human beings, not phantasms.

Myers is author of the recently-released book, ‘The Happy Atheist.’

An atheist?s guide to the good life

Good book!

296br14.jpg

“Do you really mean to tell me the only reason you try to be good is to gain God's approval and reward, or to avoid his disapproval and punishment? That's not morality, that's just sucking up, apple-polishing, looking over your shoulder at the great surveillance camera in the sky, or the still small wiretap inside your head, monitoring your every move, even your every base though.”

― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

The whole of cristianity is based on a cynical and archaic system of rewards and punishments.

Ah, Richard Dawkins:

"Richard Dawkins defended "mild pedophilia" in an interview this weekend. And while the quote itself is quite jarring, especially to those who look to Dawkins for his influential writings on atheism (but haven't noticed some of his other strange stances), it's far from the first time that the scientist has launched a defense of the behavior"

"His reasons for defending the behavior seem to focus on three points. First, that "hysteria" over a fear of pedophilia is overblown by society; second, that instilling a child with fundamentalist religious beliefs is actually a worse way to abuse a child; and third, that he personally overcame childhood sexual abuse, meaning it must not be that big of a deal for anyone else who was subjected to similar behavior."

"
There's more. In 2012, a few conservative publications finally noticed what Dawkins wrote in 2006, and dredged it up. Dawkins then defended pedophilia, again, in defense of those earlier remarks:
I was myself sexually abused by a teacher when I was about nine or ten years old. It was a very unpleasant and embarrassing experience, but the mental trauma was soon exorcised by comparing notes with my contemporaries who had suffered it previously at the hands of the same master.
The following quote, from the same defense, drives home what's so off about Dawkins's argument here, beyond the knee-jerk recoiling of the idea of defending a pedophile. Dawkins, a scientist, relies on anecdotal evidence and speculation to "prove" his point:
Thank goodness, I have never personally experienced what it is like to believe – really and truly and deeply believe *– in hell. But I think it can be plausibly argued that such a deeply held belief might cause a child more long-lasting mental trauma than the temporary embarrassment of mild physical abuse."

A great person to model yourself after. And thank you for continuing to use the forum to bash Christians, using the very best perverts around!

Richard Dawkins Defends 'Mild' Pedophilia, Again and Again - Abby Ohlheiser - The Atlantic Wire

Forum List

Back