If nk fires at guam

So when the US test-fires its missiles in International Waters, it's a justification for other countries to attack the US? Because that's what American Warmongers are advocating in regards to North Korea. It isn't illegal to test-fire missiles in International Waters. I think American Warmongers are just getting way too desperate in trying to justify starting a war with North Korea. They're not making much sense at this point.

We don't . Thus endeth your rant.

True, unlike North Korea, the US actually shoots them at countries and kills Thousands. How many countries has the US bombed and invaded in the last 30-40yrs? How many has North Korea bombed and invaded?

Mm. They only have their sights set on one country to invade and that's South Korea. They haven't because they know the US will bomb them. Get it?

So when the US test-fires its missiles in International Waters, it's a justification for other countries to attack the US? Because that's what American Warmongers are advocating in regards to North Korea. It isn't illegal to test-fire missiles in International Waters. I think American Warmongers are just getting way too desperate in trying to justify starting a war with North Korea. They're not making much sense at this point.

True, unlike North Korea, the US actually shoots them at countries and kills Thousands. How many countries has the US bombed and invaded in the last 30-40yrs? How many has North Korea bombed and invaded?

Mm. They only have their sights set on one country to invade and that's South Korea. They haven't because they know the US will bomb them. Get it?

Yes i get it. More loony American Warmonger nonsense. Bitching & moaning over a few test-fired missiles, while your own Government is routinely firing missiles at countries and killing thousands. The height of absurd hypocrisy.

Are you joking? Firing a missile at us isn't an act of war, but us firing the middle down before I reaches us is???

That's insane.

North Korea hasn't attacked the US. I know y'all Warmongers want that fantasy to become a reality, but it hasn't happened. It has every right to test-fire missiles. It in no way is an 'Act of War.' In contrast, it would be illegal and Act of War, for the US to intercept and destroy a North Korean test-fired missile. Try intercepting a test-fired US missile, and see if the US doesn't immediately declare it an 'Act of War.'
Well that depends on where they are fired and what they hit. 4 missiles headed toward a US military base can well be interpreted as an act of war. Kim Jong-un has the whole damn pacific to test his missiles. All he has to do is put a boat in the target zone with radar.

It's a bit more than one boat with a radar. A missile range can track stuff over the horizon and tell more about guidance and accuracy. And that's a pretty big boat that you need. AND it telegraphs your intended splash site so that it draws attention.

What would be easier than having the anti-Trump media leak the actual splash zones from OUR navy following them in? Guaranteed -- we're not defending Guam with just ONE anti-missile radar equipped Cruiser. AND you have the Land-Based larger radar and Optical tracking that on Guam.

I think he's hoping we'll help him figure out if his Med. Range stuff is accurate at 2200 miles..
If a missile hits within 20 miles of Guam, it will be common knowledge real fast. Guam is a tourist destination with 4 large marina, fishing boats and a half dozen boat tours running daily, plus 2 commercial airports.

I think that what this cheesehead wants out of it. He doesn't have an extensive Missile testing range. He's literally telling us what missiles and where he's gonna put them. He even said --- "ring the island,, North South East and West" with 4 of them.

Won't be able to keep the press from finding out and VERIFYING where they landed for him.
Kim said the same rhetoric in 2013 about hitting Guam, and again in 2016...what makes this time with his hollow threats any different?

Did they INTEND to miss? Was it a warning shot? Did we know they were going to miss before they missed?

Was it simply a warning shot?

Stop repeating yourself...
And yes it would be an act of war.

A shot across the bow is an act of war?

If a police officer is confronting a man with a gun and that man fires a "warning shot" is the officer unreasonable fearing for his safety? Is he reasonable unloading his gun into the perp?

And what happens if these "warning shots" actually hit something? Why is one an act of war and the other not?
one kills and one does not. a warning shot doesn't kill.

One doesn't need to kill to commit an act of war.

Insecticide
Why do we need an act of war? What sissy critics are we trying to get approval from? They're not on our side, so their judgment doesn't count.

Even if they miss, it's an act of war, is it not?

That all depends: A missile with no payload? Probably more of an annoyance, a lot of "harrumphs", and more sanctions.

An armed conventional missile that detonates near Guam? That's some serious shit where some of their boats and jets start mysteriously go missing.

A nuclear-armed missile? No idea what would happen.

Will we wait until the missle touches down before responding?
A good Mormon would know the appropriate time to nuke another country.

A shot across the bow is an act of war?

If a police officer is confronting a man with a gun and that man fires a "warning shot" is the officer unreasonable fearing for his safety? Is he reasonable unloading his gun into the perp?

And what happens if these "warning shots" actually hit something? Why is one an act of war and the other not?
one kills and one does not. a warning shot doesn't kill.

One doesn't need to kill to commit an act of war.
any real life examples over the years?

Walking over the border of a neighbor with an army.

Firing a missile of unknown power at or through neighboring foreign territory without consent.
What if it leaves anchor-baby missiles? Aren't they protected under the Dream Act?

So, if North Korea is planning on firing a missile "toward Guam," presumably meaning south and from its mainland, I fail to see how it plans on having that missile's flight path avoid the airspace of both South Korea and Japan. Perhaps its launched from the far southwestern area of NK. Even then its a close call, and would have to take a fairly hard left to go in the direction of Guam.

Now, I understand that countries have a need to test their military capabilities, which may include missiles, but I cannot recall another country in recent time actually firing a missile that crossed through the airspace of its neighbor. Seems to me like that may be interpreted as the good ole' "act of war," that people keep referencing.
An ICBM will follow an elliptical path starting from its launch point. For targets thousands of miles away, the missile will reach an attitude of 750 to 1,000 miles, well into outer space and above the airspace of any nation. Even so, violating air space at that altitude is academic. Satellites fly above the air spaces of other nations everyday.

The US, Britain, and France have tested missile firing in the Pacific targeting island possessions or those of friendly powers. Russia has enough land mass that it can test them over land. So far there's been no need to fire test ICBMs toward other countries. NK has a problem since it has no possession in the Pacific and no friends that do.

Ballistic, not elliptical! Failed math and physics, huh?
An ICBM follows an elliptical path starting from its launch point
until impact. A ballistic path is an arch of an ellipse, with the center of the earth as the closest focus. A parabola would be an approximation.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0310049.pdf

It follows PART of an elliptical path. Unless it is orbital, it cannot follow a true ellipse. Therefore the path, is ballistic in nature. Reading is fundamental.

The question I have is how time did you waste you to find some obscure reference that you thought supported your contention, yet failed to read it properly, thus further compounding your mistake by proving yourself wrong?

You have to be the most ignorant poster on this board, and considering the company you keep in that category, you are certainly accomplished!

When was the last time we ever attacked another country with an ICBM, or any other long-range missile for that matter?

Uh, that would be NEVER!

What an incredible dumb ass!

Please, say something else equally stupid! We all need the laugh!

Yes i get it. More loony American Warmonger nonsense. Bitching & moaning over a few test-fired missiles, while your own Government is routinely firing missiles at countries and killing thousands. The height of absurd hypocrisy.

You get something that has never happened?

What a dumb ass!

North Korea hasn't attacked the US. I know y'all Warmongers want that fantasy to become a reality, but it hasn't happened. It has every right to test-fire missiles. It in no way is an 'Act of War.' In contrast, it would be illegal and Act of War, for the US to intercept and destroy a North Korean test-fired missile. Try intercepting a test-fired US missile, and see if the US doesn't immediately declare it an 'Act of War.'
Well that depends on where they are fired and what they hit. 4 missiles headed toward a US military base can well be interpreted as an act of war. Kim Jong-un has the whole damn pacific to test his missiles. All he has to do is put a boat in the target zone with radar.

It's a bit more than one boat with a radar. A missile range can track stuff over the horizon and tell more about guidance and accuracy. And that's a pretty big boat that you need. AND it telegraphs your intended splash site so that it draws attention.

What would be easier than having the anti-Trump media leak the actual splash zones from OUR navy following them in? Guaranteed -- we're not defending Guam with just ONE anti-missile radar equipped Cruiser. AND you have the Land-Based larger radar and Optical tracking that on Guam.

I think he's hoping we'll help him figure out if his Med. Range stuff is accurate at 2200 miles..
If a missile hits within 20 miles of Guam, it will be common knowledge real fast. Guam is a tourist destination with 4 large marina, fishing boats and a half dozen boat tours running daily, plus 2 commercial airports.

I think that what this cheesehead wants out of it. He doesn't have an extensive Missile testing range. He's literally telling us what missiles and where he's gonna put them. He even said --- "ring the island,, North South East and West" with 4 of them.

Won't be able to keep the press from finding out and VERIFYING where they landed for him.
Kim said the same rhetoric in 2013 about hitting Guam, and again in 2016...what makes this time with his hollow threats any different?

Maybe because he was talking out of his ass before, but maybe he has something he can play with now.

Have everybody on the right grown stupid? With the advent of GPS, not only can it guide missiles to within feet of their target, it can track a missle within feet of its flight path. Welcome to the 21st century, put away your 8-track and VHS tapes.

But it takes years and a lot of corrections to get the flight controls to respond correctly. That's for Medium range missiles like these that have an engine and flight controls. Now MAYBE the chinese slipped them some technology. I don't know. But the world is full of Med. Range missiles that are NOT very accurate..

On ICBMs, the payload is simple projectile. All (or most) flight corrections are done at ascent and Apex. Different story....

Now apparently, he's ready to test them.. I'm sure he has the Evil Villian World Domination Map on the wall of his office with Xs all around Guam..

He's at that point in development of development delivery systems where if he doesn't WORK FAST now, the world might try to stop him. Wasn't at that point in 2013.. This past month DIA told us he HAD nuclear packages for these missiles. THAT is the difference and the urgency.

Because US Foreign policy has absolutely sucked in dealing with this guy. In the 90s we pretended that he was really just trying to power up Korea with Nuclear Power plants. And we KILLED our real Missile defense program and limited it to NON - SPACE intercepts.Because the analysis said he was 20 years away. So now -- it's roughly 20 years. And Los Angeles could be a target in 2018..

Now apparently, he's ready to test them.. I'm sure he has the Evil Villian World Domination Map on the wall of his office with Xs all around Guam..

He's at that point in development of development delivery systems where if he doesn't WORK FAST now, the world might try to stop him. Wasn't at that point in 2013.. This past month DIA told us he HAD nuclear packages for these missiles. THAT is the difference and the urgency.

Because US Foreign policy has absolutely sucked in dealing with this guy. In the 90s we pretended that he was really just trying to power up Korea with Nuclear Power plants. And we KILLED our real Missile defense program and limited it to NON - SPACE intercepts.Because the analysis said he was 20 years away. So now -- it's roughly 20 years. And Los Angeles could be a target in 2018..
the thing is, the DIA is repeating the exact same things their scary report did in 2013...it's like they just copied their assessment from their 2013 report and put a 2017 stamp on it....?

North Korea must end its 'belligerent approach', says Obama

Barack Obama has called on North Korea to end what he described as its "belligerent approach" as US intelligence officials concluded for the first time that the country has a nuclear weapon small enough to be carried on a missile.

The US president made his first public comments on the crisis as a congressional hearing was told of the Pentagon's latest intelligence assessment on North Korea. The Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) report said it concluded "with moderate confidence that the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles"...

US military commanders have been preparing for North Korea to launch a missile after a new round of United Nations sanctions were imposed last month.

The US has threatened to shoot down any North Korean missiles but it might only do so if the missile appears to be targeted at a US territory or one of its allies such as South Korea or Japan. If the missile is headed out to sea the US might try to avoid further escalation by letting it take its course.

Even if they miss, it's an act of war, is it not?

My dad taught me that even if a guy swings at you and misses, you have the right to swing back. If you point a gun at someone, you had better be ready to use it, or they will kick your ass.
I was also taught to stand up against bullies.

When I suspended for picking up and throwing a black kid after he smacked my in the back of head in class, my dad knew I was going to be successful.
He encouraged strength and patience.

I've always been encouraged to stand up for myself. I was also exceptionally strong for a kid my age.

the thing is, the DIA is repeating the exact same things their scary report did in 2013...it's like they just copied their assessment from their 2013 report and put a 2017 stamp on it....?

Barack Obama has called on North Korea to end what he described as its "belligerent approach" as US intelligence officials concluded for the first time that the country has a nuclear weapon small enough to be carried on a missile.

The US president made his first public comments on the crisis as a congressional hearing was told of the Pentagon's latest intelligence assessment on North Korea. The Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) report said it concluded "with moderate confidence that the North currently has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles"...

US military commanders have been preparing for North Korea to launch a missile after a new round of United Nations sanctions were imposed last month.

The US has threatened to shoot down any North Korean missiles but it might only do so if the missile appears to be targeted at a US territory or one of its allies such as South Korea or Japan. If the missile is headed out to sea the US might try to avoid further escalation by letting it take its course.

I think those summaries are too "boiled down" and condensed from the real Intelligence to read too much into them. "Small enough" is relative. A sub-launched missile is VERY small. And ICBM is huge. Having one "small enough to fit on a missile" is less threatening than "succeeded in miniaturizing their warheads" to fit on a VARIETY of their missiles.

And of course having one fit on a missile isn't much if the missile isn't fully developed or tested. Weren't there in 2013. They are nearly there today...

I think those summaries are too "boiled down" and condensed from the real Intelligence to read too much into them. "Small enough" is relative. A sub-launched missile is VERY small. And ICBM is huge. Having one "small enough to fit on a missile" is less threatening than "succeeded in miniaturizing their warheads" to fit on a VARIETY of their missiles.

And of course having one fit on a missile isn't much if the missile isn't fully developed or tested. Weren't there in 2013. They are nearly there today...
do you believe Kim is crazy enough to commit a forced mass suicide/genocide of his Nation by attacking us/our territories? I think that is the last thing he wants...?

do you believe Kim is crazy enough to commit a forced mass suicide/genocide of his Nation by attacking us/our territories? I think that is the last thing he wants...?
The guy is nuts. He's capable of anything.

He's already been "killing his people' for decades. Ever see a fat NKorean? He is a 1000 times more dangerous than Jim Jones was with the KoolAid. His goal is to reunite Korea and STEAL economic parity from his Asian neighbors.

He's not gonna do a nuclear 1st strike, but in a war --- by any miscalculation that he's gonna make -- if he's losing -- he WILL attempt to nuke the US.. He's already sunk a S. Korean frigate and made several miscalculations. The guy THINKS he's divine. And he has declared war on us. EVERY WEEK now -- for years. Your move..

So it appears that the doves on this thread think:

It's better to let NoKo develop a large arsenal of nuclear missiles and go to war with them, if needed, at that time.

Instead of going to war with them now, when they have no nuclear missiles.
False dichotomy.

What everyone sees as better is not going to war with them at all. The one single that we can guarantee that they will use a nuke is if we back them into a corner as well. Right now launching a nuke represents the utter destruction of NK.

I think that Kim is likely nuts enough to do so. I do not think that the rest of the power base in that nation is. ALL dictatorial regimes have a 'nobility' class that wield power within the regime. If Kim sets them up in a situation where every single one of them is flat out guaranteed to die there will likely be a response.

That all depends: A missile with no payload? Probably more of an annoyance, a lot of "harrumphs", and more sanctions.

How do you know if a missile in flight has no warhead, conventional warhead or a nuclear warhead?

Hope for the best?

Sounds like an Obama solution.

Forum List

Back