If only landowners voted, would we have a welfare state?

Everyone pays taxes. Every citizen has “skin in the game.”
sales tax LOL ok
Such a lame argument.
Not to mention, that sales tax is paid for with tax dollars :lol:

State taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, payroll taxes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/19/the-real-truth-behind-the-47-percent-why-arent-these-people-paying-federal-income-taxes/

Instead of trying to keep people from voting, have better policies that make them want to vote for you.
hey genius, non working section 8 dwellers arent paying payroll and property taxes..

They ARE paying taxes. They DO have “skin in the game”. Every citizen has the right to vote. Get over it. Have better ideas.

What taxes do people on welfare pay?

I dont think we would. At least, not much of one.
Weak people vote for policies for the weak because they have no skin in the game. Doesnt that make sense?
Im not saying i want to go back to just land owners voting. Im just saying we should have kept it that way :D
Of all the things we spend money on in this country, including half of all our money going to the military, why are you so all fired concerned about keeping kids from starving or people from living in cardboard boxes on the street like they do in India? Why is that such a big concern to you Harley? Take away people's right to have a say in their government because they aren't rich enough to own property? Is there nothing else the government does except spend a sliver of its income on food stamps and low income housing? It's not generous and it isn't even enough to meet the demand, so that should make you feel good at least.

There's enough land in the US for everyone to own property.

Some people don't want to as it requires work to maintain.
Not everyone has enough money for a mortgage or the down payment, let alone the upkeep.
It doesn't mean they don't have a right to a say in their government. If it affects their lives, they have a right to vote about it, whether they are well off enough to own land or not.

Interesting tidbit: Most of the people on welfare don't vote. They know the system is set up to screw them and they don't trust any of 'em. This is true, I've worked with poor folks a long time. They don't vote.
That was a problem then too. Newly arrived citizens couldnt afford land, for the most part. So they WORKED for it.
You're far too young to be talking like this.

People are still WORKING for it, ya jamoke. Not all can achieve it. So they don't deserve the same rights you have because you're RICHER than them?
Ewwww.....that smells really bad, Harley.
Good lord. What the hell is wrong with you? Thats, what, the third strawman you have concocted in this thread?
Get off your high horse. It makes you look dumb.
That poor man with a shack and a half acre of land has more right to vote for our interests than a trailer trash welfare queen that contributes NOTHING to society except babies.
It doesnt have anything to do with being rich.
I bought my first chunk of property at twenty years old. I spent 22K on it. Saved for like 6 months to afford the down payment.
I made like 20something thousand a year at that time. Yes, i was soooooooooooooooooo rich. My two part time jobs was da shiznit!

sales tax LOL ok
Such a lame argument.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/19/the-real-truth-behind-the-47-percent-why-arent-these-people-paying-federal-income-taxes/

Instead of trying to keep people from voting, have better policies that make them want to vote for you.
hey genius, non working section 8 dwellers arent paying payroll and property taxes..

They ARE paying taxes. They DO have “skin in the game”. Every citizen has the right to vote. Get over it. Have better ideas.
with tax payer money. Its a fucking wash out.
Get better arguments.

Most land owners are responsible people who have no need for welfare. Of coure we wouldn't have it.

Well, that depends on what you define as "Welfare"

Do you just mean entitlements that poor people get, like food stamps, Section 8, TANF?

Or do you mean entitlements middle class folks get, like Unemployment, Social Security, Medicare....

We spend a lot more "Welfare" on white middle class folks than we ever do on the poor.
It's all welfare. Let's get rid of all of it.

sales tax LOL ok
Such a lame argument.

Get better arguments.
There's plenty of people who work their asses off and don't own land. American cities are populated with tens of millions of renters.

Your premise is stupid.

In today time you pay taxes in many ways from land to sales, so most have skin in the game including the poor drunk that drink his or her wild Irish Rose under the bridge.

What should change is there should be no political parties and you just vote for the crooked idiot that you believe that lies the best...
Isnt certain forms of tax redundant? Considering they are paying sales tax with my tax money?

Some of it.

Booze and smoking you is not paid with your tax dollar unless we are discussing SSD ( Not SSI ) then yes.

You pay taxes wheb you drive, buy and work, so you have skin in the game from local tl federal taxes.

I say let do away with political parties.

I mean how many people voted for Clinton because she was and is Democrat?

Would she have recieved that many votes had she been Green or had no political connections?

How many voted for Trump because he ran on the GOP ticket?

Had he ran third party would he have been the next Ross Perot or just worst?

The two party system hurt us more and true the ignorance of the common voter is appauling, but the poor should have the right to vote...
The duopoly problem is an effect of the "appalling common voter"

Alright, let me write it this way and the Federal, State and Local governments are the largest employer's and buyers in this country that run on our tax dollar, so should Federal, State, and Local government employees be allow to vote seeing it benefit them to keep the large wasteful government they work for?

Also should employees working for Home Health agencies be allow to vote seeing the company they are working for get their money through the Federal Government that come from the taxpayer?

Many of those workers are landowners and yet live off the taxpayer dime like yours, so should their vote be denied?

How about mechanics that fix government cars or the automobile maker and their workers that benefit from government taxpayer money?

Let me ask you one question and do you own your business or do you work for someone?

sales tax LOL ok
Such a lame argument.

Get better arguments.
There's plenty of people who work their asses off and don't own land. American cities are populated with tens of millions of renters.

Your premise is stupid.
My premise is ten times smarter than you, and it doesnt even have a heart beat. Fancy that

sales tax LOL ok
Such a lame argument.

Get better arguments.

Your premise is stupid.

Here in Amarillo TX there are a hell of a lot more rental properties than there are places you can buy.

.​

How about we cut taxes ... Cut spending ... Let everyone keep more of their money and get to vote ... :dunno:

.​

Get better arguments.

Your premise is stupid.
My premise is ten times smarter than you, and it doesnt even have a heart beat. Fancy that

Tell us some more about the red hen. :laugh:

How about we cut taxes ... Cut spending ... Let everyone keep more of their money and get to vote ... :dunno:

If you cut taxes, how is the government going to repair the country's infrastructure, the wall and whatever wars Trump gets us into? You DO realize it's taxes that pays for all that stuff, right?

In today time you pay taxes in many ways from land to sales, so most have skin in the game including the poor drunk that drink his or her wild Irish Rose under the bridge.

What should change is there should be no political parties and you just vote for the crooked idiot that you believe that lies the best...
Isnt certain forms of tax redundant? Considering they are paying sales tax with my tax money?

Some of it.

Booze and smoking you is not paid with your tax dollar unless we are discussing SSD ( Not SSI ) then yes.

You pay taxes wheb you drive, buy and work, so you have skin in the game from local tl federal taxes.

Would she have recieved that many votes had she been Green or had no political connections?

The two party system hurt us more and true the ignorance of the common voter is appauling, but the poor should have the right to vote...

Alright, let me write it this way and the Federal, State and Local governments are the largest employer's and buyers in this country that run on our tax dollar, so should Federal, State, and Local government employees be allow to vote seeing it benefit them to keep the large wasteful government they work for?

Also should employees working for Home Health agencies be allow to vote seeing the company they are working for get their money through the Federal Government that come from the taxpayer?

Many of those workers are landowners and yet live off the taxpayer dime like yours, so should their vote be denied?

How about mechanics that fix government cars or the automobile maker and their workers that benefit from government taxpayer money?

Let me ask you one question and do you own your business or do you work for someone?
Well you make a few good points, but it it had stayed the same and only land owners voting, we also probably wouldnt have the bloated govt we do. There wouldnt be millions upon millions of public sector employees..
For the others, even if they get paid with tax money, they still earn it. It isnt given to them.. Huge difference bro.
I work for someone.

If you cut taxes, how is the government going to repair the country's infrastructure, the wall and whatever wars Trump gets us into? You DO realize it's taxes that pays for all that stuff, right?

I didn't say eliminate taxes ... Nor did I say eliminate spending on infrastructure.
You don't have to make my post mean something it doesn't ... :dunno:

cut spending to the bullshit and you wouldnt have to worry about that. Besdies, 3/4 of the govt is unconstitutional anyways.

Get better arguments.

Your premise is stupid.

Tell us some more about the red hen. :laugh:
Thats all you got? Lol
Its sad i had to use a childrens tale to get a point across and you STILL dont get it :lmao:

Some of it.

Well you make a few good points, but it it had stayed the same and only land owners voting, we also probably wouldnt have the bloated govt we do. There wouldnt be millions upon millions of public sector employees..
For the others, even if they get paid with tax money, they still earn it. It isnt given to them.. Huge difference bro.
I work for someone.

I understand your point but how it was then versus reality today tell me landowner only voter only will not make things like they were because many work for the government directly or indirectly.

Also if I had a min six million I would not own land, so I would be deny my right to vote.

I would rent only and let others worry about the headaches, so with what you want I would be deny like the welfare queen...

Some of it.

I work for someone.

I understand your point but how it was then versus reality today tell me landowner only voter only will not make things like they were because many work for the government directly or indirectly.

Also if I had a min six million I would not own land, so I would be deny my right to vote.

I would rent only and let others worry about the headaches, so with what you want I would be deny like the welfare queen...
As i understand yours. However, what i am saying is, if only land owners voted the govt wouldnt be so big and we wouldnt need those people. They would be working for the private sector. Also, they still earn their money. It isnt a handout. Thats a big difference.
If you had that much money, you would be smart enough to know owning is cheaper than renting :D

Some of it.

I work for someone.

As i understand yours. However, what i am saying is, if only land owners voted the govt wouldnt be so big and we wouldnt need those people. They would be working for the private sector. Also, they still earn their money. It isnt a handout. Thats a big difference.
If you had that much money, you would be smart enough to know owning is cheaper than renting :D

Renting also isn't hassle-free.

I work for someone.

Renting also isn't hassle-free.

Nothing is hassle-free.

Some of it.

I work for someone.

Also when you write landowner do you mean the landowner that own their land or do you mean those that own their land and those still paying the lender?

You do not own the land if you are paying the lender, so should those people be allow to vote or should they be denied until they pay off their loan?

Of all the things we spend money on in this country, including half of all our money going to the military, why are you so all fired concerned about keeping kids from starving or people from living in cardboard boxes on the street like they do in India? Why is that such a big concern to you Harley? Take away people's right to have a say in their government because they aren't rich enough to own property? Is there nothing else the government does except spend a sliver of its income on food stamps and low income housing? It's not generous and it isn't even enough to meet the demand, so that should make you feel good at least.

There's enough land in the US for everyone to own property.

Some people don't want to as it requires work to maintain.
Not everyone has enough money for a mortgage or the down payment, let alone the upkeep.
It doesn't mean they don't have a right to a say in their government. If it affects their lives, they have a right to vote about it, whether they are well off enough to own land or not.

Interesting tidbit: Most of the people on welfare don't vote. They know the system is set up to screw them and they don't trust any of 'em. This is true, I've worked with poor folks a long time. They don't vote.
That was a problem then too. Newly arrived citizens couldnt afford land, for the most part. So they WORKED for it.
You're far too young to be talking like this.

People are still WORKING for it, ya jamoke. Not all can achieve it. So they don't deserve the same rights you have because you're RICHER than them?
Ewwww.....that smells really bad, Harley.
Good lord. What the hell is wrong with you? Thats, what, the third strawman you have concocted in this thread?
Get off your high horse. It makes you look dumb.
That poor man with a shack and a half acre of land has more right to vote for our interests than a trailer trash welfare queen that contributes NOTHING to society except babies.
It doesnt have anything to do with being rich.
I bought my first chunk of property at twenty years old. I spent 22K on it. Saved for like 6 months to afford the down payment.
I made like 20something thousand a year at that time. Yes, i was soooooooooooooooooo rich. My two part time jobs was da shiznit!
I'm not on a high horse. You are.
You are SOOOO much better than that trailer trash welfare queen you've concocted in your head. Talk about strawmen.

Forum List

Back