If only landowners voted, would we have a welfare state?

Bunch of landowners in Texas and Florida sure don't mind cashing welfare FEMA checks.

How about just millionaires? Haha. What a stupid concept.
why is it you bumpkins only think rich people own property?
Because that's what would happen. Costs would skyrocket and look at that only the rich can vote. Maybe more votes the more you own? Sorry, it is an amazingly stupid concept.
I clearly stated i dont want to change it. My argument was NEVER changing it in the first place.
Your entire argument is based off shit i didnt even say lol..

I am telling you why it is a horrible concept. I did not say you want to change to it. You said that.
You are basing it off if we changed it. Start a different thread.

The result isn't different. We would be ruled by elites who are the only ones with voting rights. No thanks.

why is it you bumpkins only think rich people own property?
Because that's what would happen. Costs would skyrocket and look at that only the rich can vote. Maybe more votes the more you own? Sorry, it is an amazingly stupid concept.
I clearly stated i dont want to change it. My argument was NEVER changing it in the first place.

I am telling you why it is a horrible concept. I did not say you want to change to it. You said that.

The result isn't different. We would be ruled by elites who are the only ones with voting rights. No thanks.
Another fallacy. You are on a roll today!

Another fallacy. You are on a roll today!

With all the money that pours into politics you don't think they would buy up everything so few could vote? You can't be serious. They throw money at candidates who lose. They wish they could suppress the vote to just the elites now.

Does it really make sense that white trash rebecca gets to decide how the govt spends the money that tax paying harry and John pay into the system?

You mean like the (white trash) disabled veteran who does not own property?

How about the(white trash) middle aged man or woman who has spent their life working and paying taxes?

I could go on and on but if you're really concerned about having a welfare state, stop voting for it. I mean corporate welfare.

What you describe is a feudal state of land owns controlling every move you make while you pay them to let you work their land. If you listen to trump, before an after the election, that's what he wants too.

RWNJs should be careful what they wish for.

Sounds like today.
I wonder what the difference of population % is on welfare today compared to the 1950s or so.. I would bet it hasnt changed much. I will look into that.

Surely you jest. Clinton tried to fix welfare somewhat. It's ramped up a lot since then.

People on welfare eat higher on the hog than I do.

Yeah, that $5 A day is far too much.

They spend more than that a day on food.

I go to the Wally World, I'm in line behind a black dude, $260 worth of stuff, pays with EBT. Next aisle over, young illegal Mexican couple, $360, pays with EBT. I got a ham, some beans and necessities, pay $106 with cash.

This is reality in America today.

The woman behind me even said something. I didn't feel it would be appropriate for me to, but she was right.

$5 day per dependant.
Try to feed yourself with only $35 aweek.

I can, and nutritionally too. They're spending way more than that. I call bullshit!

You're either full of shit or a moron.

Why would you denigrate people you are obviously no better off than?

Does it really make sense that white trash rebecca gets to decide how the govt spends the money that tax paying harry and John pay into the system?

You mean like the (white trash) disabled veteran who does not own property?

How about the(white trash) middle aged man or woman who has spent their life working and paying taxes?

I could go on and on but if you're really concerned about having a welfare state, stop voting for it. I mean corporate welfare.

What you describe is a feudal state of land owns controlling every move you make while you pay them to let you work their land. If you listen to trump, before an after the election, that's what he wants too.

RWNJs should be careful what they wish for.
You obviously don't know what feudalism is or what he is TNHarley is proposing. Making property ownership a requirement for voting was the system in place when this country was founded. Did land owners control every move people mad in 1789?

Surely you jest. Clinton tried to fix welfare somewhat. It's ramped up a lot since then.

People on welfare eat higher on the hog than I do.

I go to the Wally World, I'm in line behind a black dude, $260 worth of stuff, pays with EBT. Next aisle over, young illegal Mexican couple, $360, pays with EBT. I got a ham, some beans and necessities, pay $106 with cash.

The woman behind me even said something. I didn't feel it would be appropriate for me to, but she was right.

$5 day per dependant.

I can, and nutritionally too. They're spending way more than that. I call bullshit!

Why do you think saying someone used an EBT card is "denigrating" them?

$5 day per dependant.

Read the thread. I'm not explaining a conversation over several pages because you want to jump in blind. It's there for all to see.

$5 day per dependant.

I feel it's denigrating me. They're getting more than what I can afford, they get theirs for free while mine is won with blood, sweat, and tears.

Okay, maybe I don't cry every job.

$5 day per dependant.

Read the thread. I'm not explaining a conversation over several pages because you want to jump in blind. It's there for all to see.
I did read the thread. MM described how some people at Walmart used EBT cards to purchase much more in groceries than he did with cash, and you accused him of "denigrating" them.

Rightwingers spend so much time trying to concoct an undemocratic system of government that will serve THEM.

It's very funny.
I'm not concocting anything. It's history.
None of you bedwetters can read. I swear

So is slave ownership. Going to propose going back to that?
Nope. But way to be a dick about it.

It’s no more “dickish” than suggesting only landowners get to vote.

Rightwingers spend so much time trying to concoct an undemocratic system of government that will serve THEM.

It's very funny.

You're equating not getting to vote with getting the lash for not picking cotton fast enough.

Seriously?

It's very funny.

You're equating not getting to vote with getting the lash for not picking cotton fast enough.

Seriously?

It stems from the same racism.

Seriously?

It stems from the same racism.
Everything stems from racism according to douche bags like you.

$5 day per dependant.

I feel it's denigrating me. They're getting more than what I can afford, they get theirs for free while mine is won with blood, sweat, and tears.

Okay, maybe I don't cry every job.

That's because you're immature and embittered. Stop begrudging others for their struggles and address your own.

Forum List

Back