If RvW Is Overturned

Will the left continue believing in "settled law", or will they work to eventually overturn settled law because they no longer believe in the concept?
I recall hearing about 'activist' judges from the Right for years. That stopped when the activism was in favor of the Right. RvW was settled law for 40 years so that concept has no meaning.

I suspect if you review every SCOTUS confirmation, the candidate emphasized precedent, stare decisis, as key. Grounds for impeachment?

Will the left continue believing in "settled law", or will they work to eventually overturn settled law because they no longer believe in the concept?

Well they haven't ever accepted second amendment cases as settled law now have they?

The thing that concerns me most about this rumored decision isn't that Roe will be overturned though. It is that if they uphold the law, they are creating a private cause of action that would allow citizens to target their neighbors. This is something is a very slippery slope we shouldn't go down. What if a city decides it will just do away with zoning enforcement people and just allow anybody to sue anybody for any zoning or code violation?

I recall hearing about 'activist' judges from the Right for years. That stopped when the activism was in favor of the Right. RvW was settled law for 40 years so that concept has no meaning.

I suspect if you review every SCOTUS confirmation, the candidate emphasized precedent, stare decisis, as key. Grounds for impeachment?
To me being an activist judge doesn't necessary mean overturning precedent. It means making ruling about what is constitutional based on what they want the law to be rather than what is in the law/constitution. As such the ruling that is overturned could be an example of current non-activist judges overturning a ruling wrongly made by activist judges.

AB74C745-6B52-4345-AA57-359031F9E77D.jpeg

It’s hard to say if he is saying this to a distraction to one side, or if it’s what he literally saying it is.
I’m sure we will hear many versions.

“anyone who disagrees with the Supreme Court's authority over the law is an insurrectionist” ~ Malice
“The second vaccine mandates went away it became "My body, my choice" again” ibid

Forum List

Back