If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not suggesting anyone should deserve to make millions. Settle down and talk like an adult. But I will suggest that people who work full time should be able to buy a house, and a car, and take a vacation every year. While that may see like "royal living" where you come from, that's just a basic standard of living we should have here AND where you come from. So, if you would like to argue against that, then go right ahead. Or play with your "I deserve millions!!!" dollies. Whatever.

People don't open up or expand businesses to provide jobs that give employees the ability to buy those things. If you want those things, you need to get into a field of work that will provide those things. People invest money in business to provide services or products at a profit--their profit.

Take a company--any company that you feel underpays their workers. Now open up a similar business and pay your workers more wages and benefits. Which company do you think will close down within a few years, yours or theirs?

Businesses do nothing more than we American consumers. We look for the cheapest products or services we can find. If you get three estimates to have the transmission in your car rebuilt, you generally will take the lowest bid. You don't ask the transmission place what they pay their mechanics, what kind of benefits they provide, if their mechanics have the ability to buy new cars every five years or purchase a home. You just care about getting the work you needed done for the lowest price.

This is bullshit Ray. Even if you get an education and become a professional, or open your own business and live off the work of others, the economy still needs people to flip burgers, deliver pizzas and clean office buildings. If everybody opens a business or becomes a professional, who is going to do these low wage jobs? These people are entitled to a decent wage for a decent day's work.

There are a lot more workers than there are business owners or professionals, and while all jobs shouldn't be receiving equal pay, all full-time jobs should provide as least a modest roof over your head, food and clothing for a person, especially when the corporation is booking record profits.

The low wage bank job I had when I first left school paid minimum wage, and I had a two room apartment in downtown Toronto which I shared with my best friend. We couldn't afford much - bus passes for transportation, and lots of Kraft dinner for supper. An occasional concert at Ontario Place. But we didn't need social assistance to pay for any of this.

When I got out of school my first job was working at a car wash. It didn't pay much, and that's what gave me the drive to do better. Now had some Democrat come along and increase minimum wage to a ridiculous amount, maybe I'd still be at that car wash job today.

You don't get anywhere by somebody giving it to you, you have to desire it enough to get it yourself. The problem with our younger people today is they were never taught it takes work to get the things you want. Many of them just ask their parents for it, and that's how they obtain those things. Cell phones, video games, the latest trend in walking shoes, perfume, makeup, and it's all theirs for the asking. When you are raised that way, you have the same mentality when you become an adult.
/—/ There are several reasons the left pushes minimum wages. One, many Union contracts are tied to the fed minimum wage so they get a bump in salary so they can donate more to the DNC. Second, the Teachers Union realizes they are graduating functional illiterates and can’t compete for decent jobs so they need at least $15 an hour at their McDonald’s career and thirdly it harms small businesses, the lefts main enemy.
We push for minimum wage because it is the only way to protect low skilled workers
/—-/ Wrong. You failed to address my points. What’s stopping them from improving their skills?

I am not suggesting anyone should deserve to make millions. Settle down and talk like an adult. But I will suggest that people who work full time should be able to buy a house, and a car, and take a vacation every year. While that may see like "royal living" where you come from, that's just a basic standard of living we should have here AND where you come from. So, if you would like to argue against that, then go right ahead. Or play with your "I deserve millions!!!" dollies. Whatever.

People don't open up or expand businesses to provide jobs that give employees the ability to buy those things. If you want those things, you need to get into a field of work that will provide those things. People invest money in business to provide services or products at a profit--their profit.

Take a company--any company that you feel underpays their workers. Now open up a similar business and pay your workers more wages and benefits. Which company do you think will close down within a few years, yours or theirs?

Businesses do nothing more than we American consumers. We look for the cheapest products or services we can find. If you get three estimates to have the transmission in your car rebuilt, you generally will take the lowest bid. You don't ask the transmission place what they pay their mechanics, what kind of benefits they provide, if their mechanics have the ability to buy new cars every five years or purchase a home. You just care about getting the work you needed done for the lowest price.

This is bullshit Ray. Even if you get an education and become a professional, or open your own business and live off the work of others, the economy still needs people to flip burgers, deliver pizzas and clean office buildings. If everybody opens a business or becomes a professional, who is going to do these low wage jobs? These people are entitled to a decent wage for a decent day's work.

There are a lot more workers than there are business owners or professionals, and while all jobs shouldn't be receiving equal pay, all full-time jobs should provide as least a modest roof over your head, food and clothing for a person, especially when the corporation is booking record profits.

The low wage bank job I had when I first left school paid minimum wage, and I had a two room apartment in downtown Toronto which I shared with my best friend. We couldn't afford much - bus passes for transportation, and lots of Kraft dinner for supper. An occasional concert at Ontario Place. But we didn't need social assistance to pay for any of this.

When I got out of school my first job was working at a car wash. It didn't pay much, and that's what gave me the drive to do better. Now had some Democrat come along and increase minimum wage to a ridiculous amount, maybe I'd still be at that car wash job today.

You don't get anywhere by somebody giving it to you, you have to desire it enough to get it yourself. The problem with our younger people today is they were never taught it takes work to get the things you want. Many of them just ask their parents for it, and that's how they obtain those things. Cell phones, video games, the latest trend in walking shoes, perfume, makeup, and it's all theirs for the asking. When you are raised that way, you have the same mentality when you become an adult.

And honestly, I think a large number of Democrats know this, and don't care, because class warfare, and dependence on the government, and a victim mentality, are simply great ways to get elected and re-elected.

They know their base is stupid, and love playing them for fools.... because it works. That's all there is to it. It works.
Who's base is stupid?

Republicans have been voting for tax cuts for the rich and corporations see for decades.
/—-/ We push for tax cuts for everyone who pays taxes and that’s what happens. Your spin is pure BS.

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Many live well above their means. In large cities, prices are exhobiant due to high taxes and high prices on consumer goods, high rent and home prices, etc. These are cities typically run by lefties. They are the best example of places with the most haves and have nots. Light bulbs are starting to come on for many who are moing to less expensive states(red ones), however, the light bulbs are a little dim in many cases as they bring their leftist policies with them. They are a little slow to recognize the cause of the problems which inspired them to flee in the first place. You can't fix stupid.

And honestly, I think a large number of Democrats know this, and don't care, because class warfare, and dependence on the government, and a victim mentality, are simply great ways to get elected and re-elected.

They know their base is stupid, and love playing them for fools.... because it works. That's all there is to it. It works.
Who's base is stupid?

Republicans have been voting for tax cuts for the rich and corporations see for decades.

Yes and for the "poor" as well. Democrats have been brainwashed to believe that Republican tax cuts are ONLY for the "rich", who pay a higher perentage of their income in taxes anyway, with the exception of the ultra-wealthy who ironically tend to be Democrats.

/—/ There are several reasons the left pushes minimum wages. One, many Union contracts are tied to the fed minimum wage so they get a bump in salary so they can donate more to the DNC. Second, the Teachers Union realizes they are graduating functional illiterates and can’t compete for decent jobs so they need at least $15 an hour at their McDonald’s career and thirdly it harms small businesses, the lefts main enemy.
We push for minimum wage because it is the only way to protect low skilled workers
/—-/ Wrong. You failed to address my points. What’s stopping them from improving their skills?
College students are working on improving their skills
But while they are going to school, they are forced to work minimum wage jobs. Jobs that used to pay for their tuition but no longer do.

These students are forced to take loans to compensate for their low paying jobs

But while they are going to school, they are forced to work minimum wage jobs. Jobs that used to pay for their tuition but no longer do.

You really have to laugh at the crazy people. College costs more because prices of room and board, books heat, professors wages and other things have gone up. If minimum wage goes up it forces other prices to go up. It is a simple fact that some crazies fail to comprehend.

/—-/ No one is forced to work anywhere. And waitresses and bartenders make $$$ in tips. I know because I was a bartender in college. And made $100 a week on two weekend shifts. This was in 1972.

You really have to laugh at the crazy people. College costs more because prices of room and board, books heat, professors wages and other things have gone up. If minimum wage goes up it forces other prices to go up. It is a simple fact that some crazies fail to comprehend.

He also ignores the fact that the availability of easy to get, low interest loans ALLOWED Universities to raise their prices while still maintaining enrollment levels.

Most of them work on improving the wrong skills.

Getting a degree in paleolithic lesbian hunter gatherer basketweaving doesn't prepare you for anything except being a professor of paleolithic lesbian hunter gatherer basketweaving.

Getting a degree in paleolithic lesbian hunter gatherer basketweaving doesn't prepare you for anything except being a professor of paleolithic lesbian hunter gatherer basketweaving.
/——/ “paleolithic lesbian hunter gatherer basketweaving doesn’t prepare you.” True, but the lib chicks in class are easy.

EB9hlapXYAIx2wX

Ben Shapiro Ripped For Blaming Poor People Who Take Two Jobs

“If you had to work more than one job to have a roof over your head or food on the table, you probably shouldn’t have taken the job that’s not paying you enough. That’d be a you problem”

——-

I love conservatives. How they think and what their beliefs are.

/——/ “paleolithic lesbian hunter gatherer basketweaving doesn’t prepare you.” True, but the lib chicks in class are easy.

Probably only if you are also a chick.

EB9hlapXYAIx2wX

Ben Shapiro Ripped For Blaming Poor People Who Take Two Jobs

“If you had to work more than one job to have a roof over your head or food on the table, you probably shouldn’t have taken the job that’s not paying you enough. That’d be a you problem”

——-

I love conservatives. How they think and what their beliefs are.
/——/ I took multiple part time jobs when I set out on my own and worked hard to get one good paying full time job. I agree it’s not a long term solution, besides I was burning out after a year.

Everything a low wage worker needs to buy costs more

Rent, cars, gas, food, medical care

Their wage has not kept up

Everything a low wage worker needs to buy costs more

Rent, cars, gas, food, medical care

Their wage has not kept up
/——/ Yeah, because of their spending habits suck. If you make minimum wage you can’t afford Starbucks every morning. Cigarettes are $10 a pack in NYC, stop smoking a pack a day. That will save you $100 a week in take home pay. How much are those tattoos and nose rings?

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Most of those people would live paycheck to paycheck even if you doubled their income. They are subject to the gotta have it now society. They don’t save, they don’t ration, they don’t invest for their own future, and they pass all those stupid habits on to their kids.

As usual Bill Maher is wrong, but at least he is smug about it.

No matter how often your silly socialist lies are confronted with the truth you just skip along your merry way and repeat them.

People once led much simpler (and far less expensive) lives.

Average student debt is $30,000. BFD. A degree yields nearly a cool million in extra earnings over a lifetime.

No Comrade, we must not take the fruit of one American's labor to reward another.

Get off your ass and carry your own load.

Last edited:

No matter how often your silly socialist lies are confronted with the truth you just skip along your merry way and repeat them.

People once led much simpler (and way less expensive) lives.

Average student debt is $30,000. BFD. A degree yields nearly a cool million in extra earnings over a lifetime.

No Comrade, we must not take the fruit of one American's labor to reward another.

Get off your ass and carry your own load.
Clearly America can afford welfare. Didn’t we just give billionaires a couple of trillion in tax cuts? They really need the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back