If you had the power to pardon your child for the same crime hunter was convicted of would you?

If you had the power would you pardon your son or daughter for the same crime hunter was convicted 4

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
What point would that be?

From the record:

"Remodeling Maidiac" - I would. Facing 25 years for this crap is beyond stupid.
Murderers, rapists, gangsters, child molesters get less time with the average being 10 to 20 years OR LESS

"pknopp" - It would be as stupid as it is for those already sentenced.
[

What were you addressing, if not about pardoning before or after when the sentence is known.
Trump or Biden, whomever wins should pardon everyone convicted of lying on that form.

What point would that be?

From the record:

"Remodeling Maidiac" - I would. Facing 25 years for this crap is beyond stupid.
Murderers, rapists, gangsters, child molesters get less time with the average being 10 to 20 years OR LESS

"pknopp" - It would be as stupid as it is for those already sentenced.
[

What were you addressing, if not about pardoning before or after when the sentence is known.

It's as stupid for the many not pardoned as it is for the one that was.

Trump or Biden, whomever wins should pardon everyone convicted of lying on that form.
I wouldn't go that far. Since some of the lies are whether or not, they are a convicted felon, of subject to a domestic order of protection. Which isn't protected by the 5th amendment. Or the question about who you are buying the gun for, also not protected by the 5th.

The drug addict and user of illegal drugs is a uniquely 5th amendment problem, since it's a confession to an illegal act

If my "child" was 54 years old and we had tried to steer him the other way and the "child" resisted any attempts at help, no. They needed to be where they couldn't have access to drugs and firearms, isn't that what we all want? BUT if he was a real moneymaker for the team and was going to squeal on dope in the House or any shady dealings when in office, maaaaayyyybe.

As I said, Joe Biden already said he wouldn't pardon Hunter Biden, so that is off the table.
I said that Biden could still use executive clemency, which means Hunter remains a convicted felon, but wouldn't have to serve his full sentence.
Joe Biden is a habitual liar. His word means nothing.

The irony is that the NRA is fighting barring addicts from owning guns as a violation of the constitution.

Hunter should talk to the NRA, and appeal his conviction on constitutional grounds.
The NRA isn't fighting for the ability to lie on Federal forms, which is what he was convicted of. 1,000% Ratty. Kudos

That question he lied to requires self incrimination which is a violation of his 5th amendment rights.

Wrong, he signed a form and swore that the information provided was true and correct, under the penalty of perjury. Just like you do when you sign your income tax form. But he had photographs on his computer that proved he illegally possessed a firearm as a crackhead, and there was testimony to back it up.

That would grind the pardon process to a standstill, since it would require review of every criminal conviction, and not just the applications submitted to the DOJ office of the pardon attorney.

If it's good enough for Hunter, it's good enough for all. I get sick and tired of these two tiered justice systems.

It didn't take a review of every single case for Carter to grant a blanket pardon for all who dodged the draft.

The NRA isn't fighting for the ability to lie on Federal forms, which is what he was convicted of. 1,000% Ratty. Kudos
The form required the person to give up his 5th amendment rights against self incrimination, since it asked in effect, have you committed a drug crime, for which you haven't been charged.

The form required the person to give up his 5th amendment rights against self incrimination, since it asked in effect, have you committed a drug crime, for which you haven't been charged.

And that would apply to every single person that has been convicted.

Wrong, he signed a form and swore that the information provided was true and correct, under the penalty of perjury. Just like you do when you sign your income tax form. But he had photographs on his computer that proved he illegally possessed a firearm as a crackhead, and there was testimony to back it up.

The problem is that the question on the form, required the person give up his 5th amendment rights against self incrimination. Which as I already said, requires they confess to committing a drug crime, for which they haven't been charged, or convicted.
Or as the 5th amendment phrases it, "self incrimination".

I would. Facing 25 years for this crap is beyond stupid.
I'd vote not guilty on a jury for any "gun crime", that wasn't in existence when the constitution was signed. Anything that has even a whiff of infringement would get a not guilty from me. And pardons across the board for the same...

If it's good enough for Hunter, it's good enough for all. I get sick and tired of these two tiered justice systems.

It didn't take a review of every single case for Carter to grant a blanket pardon for all who dodged the draft.
I would agree with before Biden pardon Hunter, he has the office of the pardon attorney search their records for pardon and clemency applications for the same charge and circumstances on record.

I do not agree that they should search the criminal records of every criminal in the country, in order to find those that committed similar crimes.

Example: . The United States Sentencing Commission received information on 57,377 federal criminal cases in which the offender was sentenced in fiscal year 2021.

That would force them to review the convictions of 1.4 million people.

Forum List

Back