If you're a Reagan Republican and a Trump supporter ...

You read my OP and all you got out of it is that Trump "isn't the perfect Republican?" Seriously?

It's mostly hyperbole and mischaracterization.

Really? Where? Trump is not just advocating "fair" trade, he's advocating companies being punished for trying to leave our oppressive government regulations and taxes. Republicans keep saying he doesn't mean it. I don't buy that

It's mostly a negotiating tactic, but even if it isn't, he can't do shit without Congressional approval. The alternative is TPP. Do you support that?
We've had Republicans before who favored high tariffs. Did it end the country? No. But open borders will end the country. Open borders will turn this country into a colder version of Mexico, with all it's corruption and poverty.

That you oppose "open borders" directly contradicts that you're actually an anarchist.

I don't know enough about TPP to have a view either way. I support free trade but I don't support Obama. I'd like to know what it actually says.

And Trump saying he's an anti-capitalist, anti-free trader is a bizarre way to run for people who support capitalism and free trade. Maybe he should win the election before negotiating with anyone

Trump isn't going to enshrine his so-called anti-capitalism in the Constitution as Hillary will do with her appointments to the Supreme Court. That's what you don't seem to get. Any changes Trump makes can be undone. Nothing Hillary does will be undone. Once she legalizes 30 million illegals, how will that be undone? Once she abolishes the 2nd Amendment, how will that be undone? Once she signs TPP, how will that be undone?

Give me an example of something the Republicans ever did that was undone. Bonus, give me an example of something Democrats did Republicans ever did that was undone? Either works

You're very confused.

-Reagan believed America is great, he was right
-Trump believes Trump is great, but he'll make America great ... if we elect him

-Reagan was all about optimism that our business is the best open the economic borders and we'll kick ass, he was right
-Trump is all about fear we can't compete so those feriners are going to steal our jobs

-Reagan was about wanting to lower taxes and regulations and our companies will want to be here, he was right
-Trump is about punishing them if they try to leave

If you're a Reagan Republican and support Trump, you believe light is dark, up is down and government can best decide who we can do business with.

Johnson's not perfect for sure, but he's far more like Reagan than Trump is, and Trump isn't nearly different enough from Hillary for it to matter.

The last, desperate argument of the Republicans is the Supreme Court. Well, we've had decades of courts with Republican nominated majorities. At one point it was 7-2. We got shit for it. And John Roberts ignoring even the argument of the Obama administration and just declaring it a "tax" was the final nail in the coffin.

Healthcare exchanges, government deciding what policies need to include and all the rest of the Obamacare regulations are a "tax?" He's full of shit. And what Supreme Court ever told a side here's what you should have argued, and I'm going to pretend you did and rule for you?

Then there's this crap Trump is a capitalist, he only wants "fair" trade deals. Even if you believe someone who says he's for free trade keeps saying he isn't, his proposals go way beyond that. Punitive taxes on American businesses trying to escape our oppressive taxes and regulations isn't about trade and it's not capitalist, which is what made us so rich to start with.

That Trump thinks America isn't great, but he personally can make it great is frankly scary. But that he's anti-free trade and anti-Capitalist is unacceptable.

If you're a Reagan Republican ... vote for Johnson ...
I will not be voting for hitlery Clinton no matter what name you give her....

Cool because I totally oppose you voting for Hitlary. Did you read my post when you quoted it? I sure the fuck didn't advocate that you do
The last line, where you're advocating hitlery.....that was fucking hilarious.....

WTF? I said vote for "Johnson" you stupid douche, what is wrong with you?
Why do you call hitlery that name?....:lol:

Because I'm sick of the Democrats calling everyone they disagree with a Nazi

Johnson doesn't hold Ronald Reagan's values, either, though.

Well, not completely. But in general, Johnson is a fiscal conservative and Reagan while talking to socons gave them nothing. Johnson wants to use the military less than Reagan, but frankly, Reagan used it too much
Anyone who supports open borders supports the destruction of this country. Johnson isn't acceptable, period.

Anyone who opposes free markets and capitalism supports the destruction of the country isn't acceptable, period.

So that eliminates everyone else running. So where do we go now?

If Hillary gets elected, there will never be a pro-capitalist president again. it won't matter what the Republican candidate supports. He will never get elected. Hillary will pack the court with leftwing judges, and the Constitution will become a worthless scrap of paper.

You just don't seem to get it. Hillary isn't a temporary problem. She a permanent change in the government of this country. Leftists play for keeps. They will do everything in their power to make sure their agenda is carved in granite for ever. We aren't participating in some boxing match run according to the queensbury rules. We're fighting hardcore Stalinist who want to impose tyranny on us.
Wolf! Wolf!

Please, clearly he's not calling wolf, it always happens. My disagreement with him is that Republicans are no different

you can't find anarchist tea partiers who apparently you think is a big thing.

I never claimed they were a big thing.

I met Tea Party protestors that claimed to be anarcho-capitalist. It is not a debate, just a fact.

And so, I pronounce thee, full of intestinal excrement from a sacred Indian bovine

You got some serious issues, you know that right?

Learn some decency mate.

I see, so your neighbor says he's an anarchist tea partier and I'm supposed to know that.

I was just informing you, as context for a post where I showed agreement with you (for some reason I got attacked for agreeing with you)

It is known as conversing, but you seem to only be interesting in acting like a petulant child.

What about go fuck yourself you're wasting my time don't you understand?

I'll do as I please, thank you very much.

Everything you said was jack Democrat loving shit. I'm not an idiot. You were trying to play me. It's not the same thing

That's like calling the difference in the politics of Jack Kennedy and Joseph Stalin "shades of grey."

Kennedy cut taxes to spur economic activity, to call Trump Kennedy is a canard

Once she legalizes 30 million illegals, how will that be undone? Once she abolishes the 2nd Amendment, how will that be undone?

How can you be an anarchist and support illegal immigration and the constitution which legitimizes the state?

Until we abolish the state, we have to control immigration. We can't allow illegal immigration when they can all get on welfare the minute they step foot in the country.

Why don't you read Hans-Hermann Hoppe on the subject? He wants the government to prevent all immigration.

It's time to give up and just play the lay of the land. We lost. I've accepted it, you haven't

Until we abolish the state, we have to control immigration. We can't allow illegal immigration when they can all get on welfare the minute they step foot in the country.

I suppose that explains it.

I find the attitude of wanting to transition towards anarchy using the state as being counterproductive.

It just seems irky to support illegal immigration so you can more easily fight for a system without illegal immigration.

It's mostly hyperbole and mischaracterization.

Really? Where? Trump is not just advocating "fair" trade, he's advocating companies being punished for trying to leave our oppressive government regulations and taxes. Republicans keep saying he doesn't mean it. I don't buy that

It's mostly a negotiating tactic, but even if it isn't, he can't do shit without Congressional approval. The alternative is TPP. Do you support that?
We've had Republicans before who favored high tariffs. Did it end the country? No. But open borders will end the country. Open borders will turn this country into a colder version of Mexico, with all it's corruption and poverty.

That you oppose "open borders" directly contradicts that you're actually an anarchist.

I don't know enough about TPP to have a view either way. I support free trade but I don't support Obama. I'd like to know what it actually says.

And Trump saying he's an anti-capitalist, anti-free trader is a bizarre way to run for people who support capitalism and free trade. Maybe he should win the election before negotiating with anyone

Trump isn't going to enshrine his so-called anti-capitalism in the Constitution as Hillary will do with her appointments to the Supreme Court. That's what you don't seem to get. Any changes Trump makes can be undone. Nothing Hillary does will be undone. Once she legalizes 30 million illegals, how will that be undone? Once she abolishes the 2nd Amendment, how will that be undone? Once she signs TPP, how will that be undone?

Give me an example of something the Republicans ever did that was undone. Bonus, give me an example of something Democrats did Republicans ever did that was undone? Either works

Reagan's tax rates. Reagan's deregulation. His defence expansion. The Smoot Hawley tariffs.

You are making an argument against your own beliefs.

The powers of the state grow overtime. You know this to be true, and you just demonstrated it with your post.

State libertarians are naive in thinking that they can shrink the state or prevent it from expanding.

I suppose that explains it.

I find the attitude of wanting to transition towards anarchy using the state as being counterproductive.

It just seems irky to support illegal immigration so you can more easily fight for a system without illegal immigration.

Until we abolish the State, he wants the State to help him achieve his objectives. Makes sense, right?

The powers of the state grow overtime. You know this to be true, and you just demonstrated it with your post.

State libertarians are naive in thinking that they can shrink the state or prevent it from expanding.

:wtf:

That's my point. That's exactly my argument I mean duh, did you read the conversation? What is wrong with you?

That's my point. That's exactly my argument I mean duh, did you read the conversation? What is wrong with you?

Nevertheless, you are content to allow Hillary to become president.

Reagan's tax rates. Reagan's deregulation. His defence expansion. The Smoot Hawley tariffs.

Reagan undid his tax rates. Undoing Reagan's deregulation was bad, you said bad things are undone, not good things. How was his defense expansion undone? Seems to be endlessly expanded. Smoot Hawley seems like a week example given the ebb and flow of tariffs in this country

strawman, and a lame one

Until we abolish the State, he wants the State to help him achieve his objectives. Makes sense, right?

It doesn't make sense to me, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

I prefer to ask questions before jumping to conclusions.

Reagan undid his tax rates. Undoing Reagan's deregulation was bad, you said bad things are undone, not good things. How was his defense expansion undone? Seems to be endlessly expanded. Smoot Hawley seems like a week example given the ebb and flow of tariffs in this country
Clinton undid Reagan's tax rates. Obviously, the military is a small shell of what it was under the Reagan administration. As for Smoot-Hawley, it proved that tariffs can obviously be undone. Yet you are claiming Republican policies can't be undone. Things that can't be undone are Democrat social programs and international treaties. When was the last time we backed out of one of those?

I just misunderstood the conversation.

My sincerest apologies.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

strawman, and a lame one
Not at all. You've said so many times.

The greater issue is how bripat9643 is supporting the lesser of two evils, rather than rejecting the legitimacy of the entire system and the two dipshits running to take control of it.

It is a dangerous and counterproductive attitude in my opinion.

Forum List

Back