"I'll kill him graveyard dead"

Woman Shoots Intruder During 911 Call - The Early Show - CBS News
I suppose you anti gun freaks would rather she got raped and killed by this intruder.

Gee, what were the odds that this woman would be threatened in her own home?

One in a billion? Looks like she hit the lottery, good thing she had that shotgun.
Nothing from the article you linked to indicates he had any malicious intentions toward her. Why do you claim he intended to rape and kill her. He may just have been looking to raid her refrigerator for all you know. Maybe he was even mistaken about the address and thought he was entering a friend's house.

She shot a man in cold blood without even warning him to leave. Sad how trigger happy some people can be. He might have been someone's father. Now he's dead.

if you were a woman home alone and a man threw a table through a glass door to get inside, you would assume he is trying to raid your refrigerator?

Talk about naive.
It looks like the woman in this news story was naive. She assumed he was breaking in to rape, rob and kill her. But all he wanted to do was call an ambulance for his injured sister.

I have a problem with duty to retreat this because retreating to position where your back is against a wall or into another room at the back of your house allows an intruder complete access to your home and you could find yourself trapped while the intruder vandalizes your home.

Do you think a person deserves to die because they are vandalizing property?

define vandalism.

If someone broke into my business and trashed the place, i would be unable to conduct business and therefore unable to make a living. Not to mention the cost to reapr and replace whatever property was stolen or destroyed.

And sorry but If i was trapped in a bathroom with my back against a wall, I am going to assume that a criminal will set my house on fire on the way out.

I am not giving the benefit of the doubt that a "nice" person is breaking into my home for milk and cookies.

So yes anyone forcibly entering the home of another for any reason deserves to be shot
There is nothing I own that I would be willing to kill someone for. I would do my best to prevent them from taking my property but I would stop short of murdering them.

This was a tragedy. I don't condemn the woman for what she did. I was once in a similar situation and I remember being terribly frightened and wishing I had a gun. I might have even used it. But then I also would have shot a drunk just looking for a bed to crash in.

I'm not saying whether it was wrong or right for her to have a gun in her house. I'm just pointing out that sometimes having a gun leads to disaster.

We are not allowed to say this with the 2nd amendment crowd....every shooting is a righteous shooting

You own your children? Children are property?

My children are my property untill they are 18

They are not the states or anyone else's responsibility.

If your child vandalizes someone's property. You are held responsible. Correct?

I have a title to my car. It says legally I own that vehicle.

I also have a birth certificate for my child. It shows legally I own that child.

With out the birth certificate I can't take my child on a plane or out of the country..

With it, I can take my child anywhere in the world. When I want, and where I want.

Nothing from the article you linked to indicates he had any malicious intentions toward her. Why do you claim he intended to rape and kill her. He may just have been looking to raid her refrigerator for all you know. Maybe he was even mistaken about the address and thought he was entering a friend's house.

She shot a man in cold blood without even warning him to leave. Sad how trigger happy some people can be. He might have been someone's father. Now he's dead.

if you were a woman home alone and a man threw a table through a glass door to get inside, you would assume he is trying to raid your refrigerator?

Talk about naive.
It looks like the woman in this news story was naive. She assumed he was breaking in to rape, rob and kill her. But all he wanted to do was call an ambulance for his injured sister.

She assumed correctly, Since he acted violently aka tossing a chair and a table through her windows. She assumed correctly and responded correctly. He is dead and he can thank himself for being dead,, graveyard dead.

I also have a birth certificate for my child. It shows legally I own that child.

With out the birth certificate I can't take my child on a plane or out of the country..

With it, I can take my child anywhere in the world. When I want, and where I want.
A birth certificate is a document validating the place of, time of and those responsible for a person's birth. It's not an ownership title.

You have a legal responsibility to care for your child. You do not own it. Owning another human being is called slavery and that is illegal.

A birth certificate is a document validating the place of, time of and those responsible for a person's birth. It's not an ownership title.

You have a legal responsibility to care for your child. You do not own it. Owning another human being is called slavery and that is illegal.

lighten up francis,, parents have owenship,, they are responsible for feeding, clothing, educating and supporting their children,,and protecting them, just let them miss one of those steps and see what happens, At age 18, there is no ownership or responsibility.

But I've "owned" you some many times here.

Talk about naive.

She assumed correctly, Since he acted violently aka tossing a chair and a table through her windows. She assumed correctly and responded correctly. He is dead and he can thank himself for being dead,, graveyard dead.
She made a reasonable assumption under the circumstances but her assumption turned out to be incorrect.

Yep, he is graveyeard dead. Now the woman who shot him and his family have to live with the consequences of his death.

He was an idiot for driving drunk in the first place. Had he not been drunk. most likely he would not have crashed his car and never have needed to break into the woman's house. Likewise, if the woman had not had a gun, she would not have been able to kill him.

You have pointed out that you did not rejoice in his death, but there certainly are others posting in this thread that do. This article was originally posted as some kind of validation for owning weapons but it turned out as another example of how owning a weapon can lead to tragedy.

But I've "owned" you some many times here.
:lol:

Really?

The parents name is on the birth certificate for a reason.

Ownership.

Take your 5 year old child and drop them of on some street and drive away.

You will be arrested for neglect and endangerment of your (property) child and go to jail.

People say to parents all the time, "is that your child"?

What do you say Anguille? "No, he/she doesn't belong to me, but I do feed, house, and dress them". :cuckoo:

Really?

The parents name is on the birth certificate for a reason.

Ownership.

Take your 5 year old child and drop them of on some street and drive away.

You will be arrested for neglect and endangerment of your (property) child and go to jail.

People say to parents all the time, "is that your child"?

What do you say Anguille? "No, he/she doesn't belong to me, but I do feed, house, and dress them". :cuckoo:

Plenty of birth certificates list parent's names who have zero "ownership" of the child.

Plenty of parent's names do not appear on their adopted children's birth certificates.
Nowhere on any US birth certificate does it state that the child in question is the property of the mother and father.

I think it's strange that you think of your kids as property, as if they were livestock, and not as offspring whom you feel some sort of parental duty to love and care for.

How would each of you react if you were in a similar situation to the man who was shot?

If you were perfectly sober and crashed your car and your sister or your child were unconscious...how would you proceed? If there were no cell phone service ....would you go to the nearest house and pound on the door? If nobody answered, would you break a window to get inside? or just shrug your shoulders and walk away.

Many of us in a similar situation would have ended up dead. Do you think your family would appreciate it if the NRA and gun lobby gloated that you were dead?

How would each of you react if you were in a similar situation to the man who was shot?

If you were perfectly sober and crashed your car and your sister or your child were unconscious...how would you proceed? If there were no cell phone service ....would you go to the nearest house and pound on the door? If nobody answered, would you break a window to get inside? or just shrug your shoulders and walk away.

Many of us in a similar situation would have ended up dead. Do you think your family would appreciate it if the NRA and gun lobby gloated that you were dead?

Are you crazy or what? What the hell is this post where you choreograph your scenario? WTF, RW?
You being the one in the accident knows exactly what's going on. The person in the house hears a window being broken out in the middle of nowhere. That's the circumstances. Answer to your question is NO!!!!! you don't break a strangers window...only if your an idiot, RIGHTWINGER How have you lived this long with your thought process? I guess laws of average say that a few will survive.

She made a reasonable assumption under the circumstances but her assumption turned out to be incorrect.

Yep, he is graveyeard dead. Now the woman who shot him and his family have to live with the consequences of his death.

He was an idiot for driving drunk in the first place. Had he not been drunk. most likely he would not have crashed his car and never have needed to break into the woman's house. Likewise, if the woman had not had a gun, she would not have been able to kill him.

You have pointed out that you did not rejoice in his death, but there certainly are others posting in this thread that do. This article was originally posted as some kind of validation for owning weapons but it turned out as another example of how owning a weapon can lead to tragedy.

The events and his death were entirely his fault. That is just the way it goes. I doubt seriously if he had cried out "there's been an accident I need assistance" that he would have been shot. He did a lot of pounding and yelling there is no evidence that he said he needed assistance. Therefore the lady did not assume incorrectly and Thank God she had a weapon otherwise we might be talking about a murder and how much this man deserves leniency. Glad it didn't turn out to be the latter. I'm not celebrating that he is dead but I am celebrating that she isn't..

Last edited:

If I were alone at home at 12:30 AM and some fool was pounding on the door and screaming and then proceeded to throw a chair and a table through the window.. I would have done the same thing this lady did. Now if I were sober and had an accident I would pound on the door and very clearly and loudly say please call 9-11,, since the woman was already talking to 9-11,, I'm thinking they would send me an ambulance.

Are you crazy or what? What the hell is this post where you choreograph your scenario? WTF, RW?
You being the one in the accident knows exactly what's going on. The person in the house hears a window being broken out in the middle of nowhere. That's the circumstances. Answer to your question is NO!!!!! you don't break a strangers window...only if your an idiot, RIGHTWINGER How have you lived this long with your thought process? I guess laws of average say that a few will survive.

So....
Meister votes that if his child was dying in the car, he would not break a window to call for help. He would just walk away and let the kid die

Forum List

Back