🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

I had dealings with a state agency years ago .

Any private sector plumber, electrician or carpenter would cut and patch drywall but the ridiculous union division of labor and the 4 hour minimum makes hiring union tradesmen a stupid move.

I totally don't believe you and there must be more to this story.

(YOu see what I'm doing here, right?)

There isn't more to the story.

Not one of those union pukes worked more than an hour or two at a time.

Just for caparison I gutted an entire 1000 sq foot apartment reframed all the rooms, installed all new electric service, heat AC and plumbing, drywall, cabinets and trim for 75K

Tell me why would refitting 2 bathroom showers cost 30K?

The answer
Unions.

Probably didn't happen that way. You are lying because you couldn't get into a union. Probably because you couldn't spell "Comparison"

I gutted an entire apartment once and rebuilt it for $13,000. of course, this was back in the 1980's.

Earlier it was "bathrooms", now it's just "showers"...

Maybe it cost more because they had to take a bunch of additional steps because they were being used by the handicapped....

Last edited:

Just for caparison I gutted an entire 1000 sq foot apartment reframed all the rooms, installed all new electric service, heat AC and plumbing, drywall, cabinets and trim for 75K

The answer
Unions.

Probably didn't happen that way. You are lying because you couldn't get into a union.

And you probably didn't get fired for being sick but for calling out sick all the time

The answer
Unions.

Probably didn't happen that way. You are lying because you couldn't get into a union.

And you probably didn't get fired for being sick but for calling out sick all the time

ahhhh, you finally figure what I was doing here.

Good, it took you a couple pages, but yeah, you aren't completely retarded.

So that was your bathroom they were working on, eh, Corky?

FOr the record, before that operation, I took two sick days in five years.

Sure you did.

When you assume that everyone lies you must include yourself in the list.

Sure you did.

I don't assume everyone lies.

I just assume you lie because you hate working folks who don't lay down for the man.

so who was ripping off the company worse, these guys arguing over how to address a potential HazMat situation, or you just sitting their watching them feeling superior, somehow.
How could he not feel superior? It's akin to reading your posts. They both elicit feelings of superiority whether welcomed or not.

Actually, if you corporate ass-suckers really feel superior to people who work for a living, I'm kind of sad for you.

Work? You call two assholes arguing like little girls over a barbie doll "work"?

Actually, if you corporate ass-suckers really feel superior to people who work for a living, I'm kind of sad for you.
No Joe. I work for a living. I just don't whine about it. I do feel superior to whiners though. That much is true.

I feel superior to douchebags who think they that it's okay to mistreat people.

Kind of like Jesus would.

Who is being mistreated?
And what makes you think you are so special that you believe you are immune to the realities of life?

so who was ripping off the company worse, these guys arguing over how to address a potential HazMat situation, or you just sitting their watching them feeling superior, somehow.

It wasn't a fucking haz mat situation. It was water.

I happened to not work there I was securing some product for a contractor that has subbed me out. But i got so tired of hearing them squabble that I almost mopped it up myself.

Needless to say I advised the GC for the project to get his stuff somewhere else because this particular shop was full of idiots who didn't want to work.

Did I ever tell you how a 3000 dollar shower renovation that should have taken 3 days cost over 30 000 and took 6 months? Union bullshit at its best right there.

No, you didn't, but I'm sure there's more to that story and you are lying...

That's an unsubstantiated accusation.
Do you really believe the incidents described on this thread and in the news regarding shall we say "unusual" behavior on the part of union members and/or the their bosses is 100% false?
You can stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LA LA LA LA" all you like.
Union people have an entitlement mentality combined with the "it's not my job" mentality.
That's just one reason why unions are a dying species.
Why should any sane person have to put up with this nonsense.
Me, I would have grabbed the mop and took care of it myself. What the fuck were those two morons going to do about it?
Start a fight? Sure...typical union coercion. Unions have a long standing tradition of using violence to get their way.
That shit is over as well.
We are kicking the unions out and there's nothing you can do about it.

No you do not work. Anyone that works 70 hour weeks, is not in a union, pays for their own health care, pays 15% of their pay for social security, pays high taxes and fees to stay in business, is regulated by government more and more each year, educates their kids with no help from anyone, funds 100% their retirement, does not receive any public or private assistance and is smart enough not to run up debt they can not pay for is not a worker.
Those folks are Plutocrats to be spit on and despised.

OH, the government is actually regulating your sleazy business. What a shame.

I locate and interview witnesses in criminal and civil litigation.
What is sleazy about that?

It's NOIN UNION....You make too much money. You don't employ union people. You don't pay union dues. You don't kneel at the union altar. You don't salute the union flag. You don't kiss the ring of the union bosses and refer to them as "godfather"

Joe? You don't mind if I call you Joe do you?...Doesn't matter, I really don't give a rat's ass anyway. Look Joe, I am sure there are many on the right who carry on as you do, but for whatever reason I am not as aware of them as I am of you. If I were to encounter them, and I admit I am perhaps looking on the wrong threads, I would tell them they are horse asses as I am sure you are.

Whining while pretending to make a case for social justice is really not a way to make an argument. There are people who I respect to that degree, either by personal contact or simply through communication, who would make their argument easier to accept. But Joe (we did agree that I could call you that, you really do come off like a whiny self-centered and self-righteous punk.

While I have no reason to expect you to believe me, if I were to see a conservative/right wing asshole such as yourself, I would be no less inclined to point that out.

Honestly, I do hate whiners in whatever form they may come!

Last edited:
[

That you do it to help rich people and lawyers...

Otherwise, the police would do the job..

You said yourself that if you found evidence your client was guilty as a cat in a goldfish bowl. you would hide it.

Childish and uninformed response.
You are about to get blown up. Keep it up.
The police do not have the time nor the resources to do this. Plus, the police do not work for the attorneys. They HIRE their own investigators.
Rich people? Here we go again. More irrational class warfare.
Umm, under the 5th amendment, the defense is under no obligation to turn over incriminating circumstantial evidence to the prosecution. "nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Joe you really should consider trying not to post stupid shit.

Any private sector plumber, electrician or carpenter would cut and patch drywall but the ridiculous union division of labor and the 4 hour minimum makes hiring union tradesmen a stupid move.

Happens all the time. You are in total denial.

It wasn't a fucking haz mat situation. It was water.

I happened to not work there I was securing some product for a contractor that has subbed me out. But i got so tired of hearing them squabble that I almost mopped it up myself.

Needless to say I advised the GC for the project to get his stuff somewhere else because this particular shop was full of idiots who didn't want to work.

Did I ever tell you how a 3000 dollar shower renovation that should have taken 3 days cost over 30 000 and took 6 months? Union bullshit at its best right there.

No, you didn't, but I'm sure there's more to that story and you are lying...

The residence for retarded men was refitting their bathrooms pulling out tubs and enlarging the roll in showers. Being a state job they had to hire only union workers of course.

Day 1 plumber shows up to measure the space he was there for 20 minutes but of course he charged the union minimum of 4 hours

He shows up a week later to move some fixtures but he's not allowed to cut into the wall board because that's another union. He leaves and charges for four hours.

The next week the wall sheetrock guy shows up and cuts 4 holes in the drywall. !0 minutes but charges four hours.

Etc etc ad nauseum

I could have done the job in a weekend for 3-5 thousand it took months and cost over 30K

It wasn't my money so I didn't give a shit but you see the problem here don't you.

And this is part of the the reasons why unions are gradually being kicked out.

The answer
Unions.

Probably didn't happen that way. You are lying because you couldn't get into a union. Probably because you couldn't spell "Comparison"

I gutted an entire apartment once and rebuilt it for $13,000. of course, this was back in the 1980's.

Earlier it was "bathrooms", now it's just "showers"...

Maybe it cost more because they had to take a bunch of additional steps because they were being used by the handicapped....
Oh no...Union people are right virtuous and pure as the driven snow. Never would a union guy do these things. Never.
You are so biased that I would surmise you think care should come built without right turn signals.

Don't know why this is so hard to understand: ILLINOIS DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING MONEY TO MEET THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT. There's no fucking way they can meet the pension obligations. It's just that fucking simple.

Don't know why this is so hard to understand: ILLINOIS DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING MONEY TO MEET THE TERMS OF THE CONTRACT. There's no fucking way they can meet the pension obligations. It's just that fucking simple.

In the mind of the average union worker, this is impossible. They have the irrational belief that the money IS there but the state is just trying to "bust" the union.
That is the pat response of the typical union person. "They are union busting"..
Yeah, ok.

[

You said yourself that if you found evidence your client was guilty as a cat in a goldfish bowl. you would hide it.

The police do not have the time nor the resources to do this. Plus, the police do not work for the attorneys. They HIRE their own investigators.
Umm, under the 5th amendment, the defense is under no obligation to turn over incriminating circumstantial evidence to the prosecution. "nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Joe knows better but keeps making the lies bigger each time.
Civil cases are not worked by police, any moron knows that.
And on the criminal defense cases the police are working for the prosecution.
Only a dumb ass would state that the police would be working for the criminal defense lawyers.
In my 34 years on the job I have had numerous cases where we located witnesses the police never even attempted to locate because they "had their man" and as a result of our hard work INNOCENT men went free.
We are the last line of defense against the power of the state. If anyone should appreciate that, Joe the anti Plutocrat should.
But I do not believe Joe is anti Plutocrat unless it is the Plutocrat that is not signing his check at the time.

Joe knows better but keeps making the lies bigger each time.
Civil cases are not worked by police, any moron knows that.
And on the criminal defense cases the police are working for the prosecution.
Only a dumb ass would state that the police would be working for the criminal defense lawyers.
In my 34 years on the job I have had numerous cases where we located witnesses the police never even attempted to locate because they "had their man" and as a result of our hard work INNOCENT men went free.
We are the last line of defense against the power of the state. If anyone should appreciate that, Joe the anti Plutocrat should.
But I do not believe Joe is anti Plutocrat unless it is the Plutocrat that is not signing his check at the time.

Waiting fro Joe's next flame post.
Here is my guess.
Gadawg..you are a puppet of the rich. You are just working for "the man".

Sure you did.

I just assume you lie because you hate working folks who don't lay down for the man.

I don't hate anyone. I tell it like it is.

You want to blame everyone and anyone else for your problems while you do nothing to make your situation better.

That's pathetic.

Sure you did.

I don't hate anyone. I tell it like it is.

You want to blame everyone and anyone else for your problems while you do nothing to make your situation better.

That's pathetic.
Add to that, "it's easier to exonerate one's self from all responsibility".
So goes the story of the union mentality.
When the work gets done properly, it's
"Look at us!. We're union! No one but a union brother or sister can do what we do! All others are scabs!"..
When things don't go as planned...."We're union. It's managements fault. It's purchasing's fault. We didn't get the plans on time. They sent faulty materials." Blah blah blah.

Forum List

Back