In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

As your tidal says 2 bed apt. get a one bed or a room mate or grow up a get a rill job.

you need to get a better Russian to English program. Yours really sucks

3763db.jpg

You conspiracy nutjobs crack me up..

So? Work more than 40 hours. Most people do anyway.

When I was younger, me and most of my friends had more than one job, or a job that worked six or seven days a week with a lot of hours.

Our priorities were different than today though. Number one was a roof over your head, then food, and of course utilities.

Today I think people would rather be homeless than to give up their smart phone. We spend a lot of money buying fast food, taking vacations, much of it on technology for entertainment and convenience, late model cars that most lease today.

I moved from my parents home at the age of 20 back in 1980. I paid less for my first apartment back then than I do my cable/ cell phone bill today. Actually a hundred dollars less.

I don't disagree there. People are lazier today cuz they can live at home. In the ' 60's in L.A. or Cleveland you'd be shamed living with your parents after age 19 or 20 unless maybe you were going to college.

When I was younger, me and most of my friends had more than one job, or a job that worked six or seven days a week with a lot of hours.

Our priorities were different than today though. Number one was a roof over your head, then food, and of course utilities.

Today I think people would rather be homeless than to give up their smart phone. We spend a lot of money buying fast food, taking vacations, much of it on technology for entertainment and convenience, late model cars that most lease today.

I moved from my parents home at the age of 20 back in 1980. I paid less for my first apartment back then than I do my cable/ cell phone bill today. Actually a hundred dollars less.

When you and I were younger, there was much less extraneous expensive stuff to spend our money on. TV was still mostly free, and even cable was less than 10 bucks a month. Most extra money went too booze or women! I do remember saving up for a kicking store and speakers for my car!

I have worked since I was 15, never more than 3.5 months in all that time without a job, and only that long once.

The funny thing about us Americans, we are taking less vacations than ever.

One American Vacation Behavior That Simply HAS to Stop

According to the U.S. Travel Association, Americans left 705 million vacation days unused in 2017. To be clear, that means only 52 percent of American employees took advantage of the vacation time available to them. On top of that, of the 705 million vacation days, 212 million did not roll over or could not be paid out to employees. Per CNN, “the average employee actually donated $561 in ‘free’ work to their employer by not using their vacation time.”

We give more to our employers and get less back every year...
upload_2019-8-3_10-42-12.png

I don't disagree there. People are lazier today cuz they can live at home. In the ' 60's in L.A. or Cleveland you'd be shamed living with your parents after age 19 or 20 unless maybe you were going to college.

It's not that you can, in many cases it's that you have to.

For the ten billion time the minimum wage was never intended be something you could raise a family on or buy a home with it is the minimum starting pay for low skill or entry level jobs.

What it was intended to be is no longer what it is.
It's still what it was intended to be despite some wanting to change that for political benefit.

Driving down wages to as close to minimum wage as possible is now the goal.
Wages have been going up.

Wages stalled but costs haven’t .........

Families Go Deep in Debt to Stay in the Middle Class
During the Bush and Obama years they were stalled for the last three years they have been goinbg up.

As your tidal says 2 bed apt. get a one bed or a room mate or grow up a get a rill job.

you need to get a better Russian to English program. Yours really sucks

You conspiracy nutjobs crack me up..

I was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Do you have a better explanation for his complete lack of knowledge of the English language. Seemed nicer to assume he was a Russian bot than just a total moron that never finished the 2nd grade.

When you and I were younger, there was much less extraneous expensive stuff to spend our money on. TV was still mostly free, and even cable was less than 10 bucks a month. Most extra money went too booze or women! I do remember saving up for a kicking store and speakers for my car!

Not to ignore the rest but I wanted to note that this is true but here is the issue. You quit buying these things, wall street suffers and then they put more pressure on driving down he wages of the jobs that are left.

The cost of living has risen so that even the minor increase in wages hasn't caught up which explains why more and more young people are living at home until they can get on their feet.

What it was intended to be is no longer what it is.
It's still what it was intended to be despite some wanting to change that for political benefit.

Driving down wages to as close to minimum wage as possible is now the goal.
Wages have been going up.

Wages stalled but costs haven’t .........

Families Go Deep in Debt to Stay in the Middle Class
During the Bush and Obama years they were stalled for the last three years they have been goinbg up.

Not according to the Wall Street journal. I'll go with that as opposed to some chat site claim.

In the early 60's in california, a guy could buy a car and rent an apartment in a decent neighborhood on wages from working in a gas station or restaurant. And his wife could stay home and take care of the baby. What changed? A great part of it is the inequality of wealth between those at the top and those at the bottom. Lots of posters will say that those jobs at the bottom are only meant for people starting out in careers. Not so. There are many Americans that aren't capable of going beyond minimum wage jobs. Then there's the cost of education as a means to a higher paying career. Way higher than before.
A great part of it is also what was considered decent. When I was a kid, my brother and I shared one bedroom of a two bedroom, one bath house. Mom and Dad were in the other bedroom. It was a very small house compared to what people buy/rent today. Also, the family probably made do with just one car if the wife did not work outside the home.

Not to ignore the rest but I wanted to note that this is true but here is the issue. You quit buying these things, wall street suffers and then they put more pressure on driving down he wages of the jobs that are left.

Very true, we are a Consumer Economy and our entire system depends on people spending more and more and more. That is why even during this good economy personal debt keeps setting new records. People learned nothing from the last two recessions.

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.
So why did Bill DiBlasio brag about taxing the fuck out of everyone at the last debate?

In the early 60's in california, a guy could buy a car and rent an apartment in a decent neighborhood on wages from working in a gas station or restaurant. And his wife could stay home and take care of the baby. What changed? A great part of it is the inequality of wealth between those at the top and those at the bottom. Lots of posters will say that those jobs at the bottom are only meant for people starting out in careers. Not so. There are many Americans that aren't capable of going beyond minimum wage jobs. Then there's the cost of education as a means to a higher paying career. Way higher than before.
A great part of it is also what was considered decent. When I was a kid, my brother and I shared one bedroom of a two bedroom, one bath house. Mom and Dad were in the other bedroom. It was a very small house compared to what people buy/rent today. Also, the family probably made do with just one car if the wife did not work outside the home.

While true what happens if that would happen today?

Nah, we all earn enough to afford homes.
despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress.
Yep. Trump slipped up. Didn't pull a miracle out of his ass and make it possible to live well at a wage only intended for getting high school kid's feet wet in the work force while they still lived at home. And with a whole two years to do it!
Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”
Obama didn’t do it, Derp!
Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor
THAT's an understatement! The poor, blacks and Middle Class all greatly slid back under Obama!
reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush
LOOK you half-baked Rutabaga, Obama and the Democratic Congress he was part of created the Great Recession, Dumbass, Bush was the one repeatedly warning them and trying to fix Fanny and Freddie which Barney Frank lobbied to protect and the Dems consistently blocked. All Obama did besides shovel hundreds of billions to his crony friends was create a few dirt poor minimum wage jobs.
The point I am making
The only point you consistently make is the one on your head.

If that happens today then we say they are living in poverty.

Don't work for minimum wage... problem solved.
Well gee, that’s a brilliant solution. Okay so let’s pretend everyone did that despite such a thing being mathematically impossible. Who would be left behind to work those minimum wage jobs? I mean we are also talking about service jobs that pay more than minimum wage but still very much south of a live able wage.

Students and part timers...like it was intended

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.
Why didn't black jesus fix it, huh liar?

The same reason your orange jesus is not fixing it.
Oh he's trying shit stain but you filth stop him at every turn.

He is trying! :21::21::21::21::21::21:

If that happens today then we say they are living in poverty.

That and Wall Street demands we lower rates to nothing and then they demand more bail outs.

He is trying! :21::21::21::21::21::21:

Lower corporate taxes did help the middle class.

Forum List

Back