In only 10% of counties in the US can a worker afford a 2 bedroom apartment working 40 hours a week

If you're an adult working for minimum wage and you're not a bored housewife or retired person then you're a fucking loser who needs to figure out where you went wrong in life.
It’s a good solution on an individual, anecdotal scale. It is not a cure-all solution to the complexity of poverty in general.

The United States doesn't have poverty
You saying that means nothing.

It doesn't matter whether or not I say it. It's true.

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.

If you are working minimum wage, why should you be living in a two bedroom apartment in the first place? You should still be living in your Mom's basement or get a room mate!

Don't work for minimum wage... problem solved.
Well gee, that’s a brilliant solution. Okay so let’s pretend everyone did that despite such a thing being mathematically impossible. Who would be left behind to work those minimum wage jobs? I mean we are also talking about service jobs that pay more than minimum wage but still very much south of a live able wage.

Take a job, for a wage is, at least until Communism is installed in the US, a voluntary act.

There will always be those too lazy or unskilled to work for anything but the lowest wages. But, by agreeing to a wage that somehow doesn't provide you with enough weed or che t-shirts, you've lost the moral right to demand more.

If you aren't satisfied with your low wages, go do something else.

Otherwise, take what you agreed to take when you took the job and like it.
Weed and Che t shirts aren't on the table. A roof over head is.

I don't know what poor people need ... I just go by what I see.
Well let's make a list. Things poor people need.
Food.
Clothing.
Shelter.
Medical care.

What on the list can we afford to deny citizens by not regulating real estate markets? Who are we protecting? Landlords or tenants?

Regulating real estate markets? Seriously?

Which communist country would you like help in moving to?

If you're an adult working for minimum wage and you're not a bored housewife or retired person then you're a fucking loser who needs to figure out where you went wrong in life.
It’s a good solution on an individual, anecdotal scale. It is not a cure-all solution to the complexity of poverty in general.

The United States doesn't have poverty
You saying that means nothing.

It doesn't matter whether or not I say it. It's true.

Careful now. You already have an award. Are you going for an oak leaf cluster?

Each country has it's own level it considers as poverty. Now, India has it's own that we could never tolerate for even one NY minute. But we do tolerate the US Poverty way too much and we do have children living on the streets, going to bed cold and hungry.

'A national problem': U.S. housing affordability is out of whack with minimum wage

Obviously this should bother republican voters, but they have this fantasy mindset that Trump will turn this country into some kind of utopia despite the fact that he had two years to do so with a republican Congress. Their only response when presented with this is the usual pathetic deflection of “well Obama didn’t do it! Derp, derp, derp!”

Now granted Obama achieved little in improving the lives of the middle class and poor besides a few policies. These policies include 1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency and producing job growth EVER SINCE. 2) Expanding OT pay eligibility for thousands of US workers 3) guaranteeing people receive healthcare from pre-existing conditions, 4) passing the biggest middle class tax cut since Reagan

He also TRIED to invest education and raise the minimum wage but was blocked by republicans.

The point I am making is that republicans do fucking NOTHING to help the poor and middle class but democrats at least make an attempt despite failing on a significant scale. This nuance matters whether you like it or not.

If you are working minimum wage, why should you be living in a two bedroom apartment in the first place? You should still be living in your Mom's basement or get a room mate!

Roommate? LOL or 3

Who are we protecting? Landlords or tenants?

It's not the job of the government to protect either. The market does that.

Two people entering into a strictly voluntary agreement that exchanges use of property for money isn't the concern of government.

If either side violates, or is believed to have violated, that agreement, it's up to the courts to decide if redress is required. That should the extend of the state's involvement.
So landlords should be free to discriminate against any tenant for no good reason? Landlords should be free to collide on rents, lease conditions and residency requirements with no in put from representative governments. No health and safety regulations are needed because the landlords who are actually slumlords should have a free hand. What about rent subsidy vouchers? Should the voucher issuing authority not inspect subsidized units?

I have never collided on rents with anyone. The last time I collided with anyone was about 20 years ago in a softball game.

Apparently some disagree.
Wages, Obama Economy's Weakest Link, Now Surging Under Trump | Investor's Business Daily

Need a credible source for this. The posted article tries to set an arbitrary rent affordability standard, then uses ONLY metropolitan areas as a means of supporting their cherry-picked data.

If you can't afford a two-bedroom apartment, rent a one-bedroom apartment. If you can't afford that, move back in with mommy and daddy.

Both of My daughters make more than minimum wage, but they are not making huge wages, along with their husbands who are also not making huge wages; yet they both own their own homes on less than I would say is 25 per hour combined income.

The OP is full of shit.

Now, have one of the couples have only one income coming in due to a lot of possibilities that can arise. Both your Daughters and the Husbands work and don't make much more than min wage in many areas. Each of their incomes are just above poverty level. It takes both spouses to make a minimum living but it takes talent to make it work even so. My hat is off to both couples. But let something go wrong and what then? Do you have room in your house for them when they lose their house? Can you lend them a car when their car breaks down and they can't afford to fix it or they can't afford to make the payments? Both spouses need to work. The American Dream is dead.
No, sorry. That is NOT what this is about. Hard times hits lots of people. You cannot say that the world cannot afford housing, and then change the entire premise that it cannot if it falls on hard times.

The truth is, they picked metro area's and not ALL of America's counties, as the dweeb OP implies.

This is nothing but a cherry-picked set of numbers that are being applied to the whole nation. It's BS and everyone knows it.

'

He also TRIED to...
He TRIED to take good used cars off the market. Cash for Clunkers! And succeeded!

Who did that fuck!?

It was a full frontal assault on the poor and lower middle classes. Obama and the Democrats were obviously trying to make jobs less available to certain classes of people.

In most parts of the USA, if you do not own reliable transportation, you are not eligible for a good job because you are less free than somebody who does own reliable transportation to go wherever the fuck they want whenever the fuck they want.

It was part of the keep the poor, poor program. Just a part of the OED (Obama Economic Depression) fuck Americans program.

Paying people to destroy material wealth is not sound economic policy.

I slept in my car for a while.

I made the decision to pay my car payments before my rent because I could sleep in my car but I couldn't drive my apartment to work

Maybe. Maybe not. Have you ever stuck your car key into your apartment and tried to start it? I did once and it started right up, so I drove it to work. The cops pulled me over and asked me where do I live. I said, "Right here!"

True.

Republicans not only do nothing, but they couldn’t care less about the housing crisis.

False.

Democrats not only do nothing, but they couldn't care less about the housing crisis.

Example: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit ...

Name one major city that the republicans have stepped up to the plate. Aren't you all smarter and should be able to handle it better? Or are you running scared and letting the Democrats take the lumps.

Republicans do not run those cities, dumbass!

Kind of hard when Obama mandated you pay for health insurance before you pay your rent or buy food.

Kind of hard when Chicago has an extra tax on snickers bars

Kind of hard when living in blue cities and the local dog catcher is driving around in a BMW.

Kind of hard when your blue citiy city clerk is taking working vacations to Tahiti.

No it went by your income, if your Magi income, and if too low you were on Medicaid. Every one should pay what they can afford for health ins, I find the people who complain about the mandate, do not want to insure themselves and use the ER for this insurance.

Snicker bards should be taxed, its not needed.

Everyone working gets a vacation.

Snicker bards? Is that a comedy by Shakespeare?

/—-/ There was a novelty in pumping your own gas. But the first heavy rain or snow storm and you needed gas at s station with no cover over the pumps, the thrill was gone. Today’s cars with builtin in tire gauges and oil and tranny sensors make most of that old school services obsolete.

How can a car sense a Tranny?

It feels it in its nuts!

Need a credible source for this. The posted article tries to set an arbitrary rent affordability standard, then uses ONLY metropolitan areas as a means of supporting their cherry-picked data.

If you can't afford a two-bedroom apartment, rent a one-bedroom apartment. If you can't afford that, move back in with mommy and daddy.

Both of My daughters make more than minimum wage, but they are not making huge wages, along with their husbands who are also not making huge wages; yet they both own their own homes on less than I would say is 25 per hour combined income.

The OP is full of shit.

Now, have one of the couples have only one income coming in due to a lot of possibilities that can arise. Both your Daughters and the Husbands work and don't make much more than min wage in many areas. Each of their incomes are just above poverty level. It takes both spouses to make a minimum living but it takes talent to make it work even so. My hat is off to both couples. But let something go wrong and what then? Do you have room in your house for them when they lose their house? Can you lend them a car when their car breaks down and they can't afford to fix it or they can't afford to make the payments? Both spouses need to work. The American Dream is dead.
No, sorry. That is NOT what this is about. Hard times hits lots of people. You cannot say that the world cannot afford housing, and then change the entire premise that it cannot if it falls on hard times.

The truth is, they picked metro area's and not ALL of America's counties, as the dweeb OP implies.

This is nothing but a cherry-picked set of numbers that are being applied to the whole nation. It's BS and everyone knows it.

And your cherry picking is okay then?

1) helping to reverse the Great Recession he inherited from Bush 6 months into his presidency

They just keep on repeating the same lie over and over and over
And Im no BUsh fan

True.

Republicans not only do nothing, but they couldn’t care less about the housing crisis.

False.

Democrats not only do nothing, but they couldn't care less about the housing crisis.

Example: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit ...

What has the republican congress done for the 4 years of GOP maj in both the house and the senate. The GOP House for 8 years and we know where bills get started.

They don't call Mitch the Grim Reaper for nothing, he takes up no bill from the House since the Democrats took control in 2019.

None of them ran these cities:

San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit ...

Again, (I can see you trumpets are avoiding this) name one major city that the Republicans successfully run.

Jacksonville, FL

Don't work for minimum wage... problem solved.
Well gee, that’s a brilliant solution. Okay so let’s pretend everyone did that despite such a thing being mathematically impossible. Who would be left behind to work those minimum wage jobs? I mean we are also talking about service jobs that pay more than minimum wage but still very much south of a live able wage.

Take a job, for a wage is, at least until Communism is installed in the US, a voluntary act.

There will always be those too lazy or unskilled to work for anything but the lowest wages. But, by agreeing to a wage that somehow doesn't provide you with enough weed or che t-shirts, you've lost the moral right to demand more.

If you aren't satisfied with your low wages, go do something else.

Otherwise, take what you agreed to take when you took the job and like it.
Okay you say this shit despite the statistic I quoted in my OP. Are ALL of those workers lazy with the exception of those in the 10% of counties?

Maybe if the democrat controlled schools taught math, english, science instead of teaching classes in "How to pick your new Gender," "Why America Sucks, and the rest of the world is great," "Why you are a racist pig and how to give politiicans more power because you are a racist pig," then our children wouldn't be going to college for degrees in French Poetry, and would instead learn how to make a living....outside of working at Starbucks.

many of the problems we are seeing today can be traced directly back to the teachers union and its move from teaching to indoctrination.

Since you haven't read or learned from the hundreds of threads on the topic, teachers unions have ZERO impact on curriculum, anywhere in the United States.

You just outed yourself as a monumental dumbass!

The OP is full of shit.

And your cherry picking is okay then?
I'm not cherry-picking. I gave an example of what it really is like in the USA, outside of the major metro centers.

What you were doing is saying that its true, but what about this, when 'this' has nothing to do with the OP.

No one in their right mind says the world cannot get by because just maybe something bad will happen.

My daughters were taught to plan for eventualities like lost jobs or a bad economy. That is why they keep their debt low and have a solid cushion in savings that covers their bills. All the while earning moderate wages.

Forum List

Back