In the name of Islam

That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

Gunman ambushes Philadelphia policeman 'in the name of Islam'

The man heard voices. He was mentally ill. He never attended a mosque.
He told police he was doing it in the name of Islam. If a Christian shot up an abortion clinic and said he was doing it in the name of Christ, would you turds claim it wasn't done in the name of Christ? Why of course you would. You just recently did.

Leftwing double standards are so pathetically obvious.

Not if it were mental illness.

How do you distinguish mental illness from radical Islam?

Yes and what scriptures tell them to do that?

Come on far left drone!

"164 Jihad Verses in the Koran -- Passages in the Quran about Islamic Holy War" compiled by Yoel Natan

The problem with religion and mental illness is that you can find plenty of passages in both the bible and quran to support deviant behavior with requiring any indepth understanding of the religion.

So in other words you are running a far left narrative and nothing to back up claims as usual..

Se when the far left is faced with facts they can not provide any proof to their claims, but they will run their debunked religious narratives..

So show all the passages from the bible that call for violence against anyone not Christain..

You can find a lot of individual "Christian" loons who will justify their actions by referencing their religion. Not sure you can find any predominantly Christian nations doing the same. You can find Muslim nations that do it. SA and Iran as examples.

You can find a lot of individual "Christian" loons who will justify their actions by referencing their religion. Not sure you can find any predominantly Christian nations doing the same. You can find Muslim nations that do it. SA and Iran as examples.

They are not Christian loons....they are just loons

That's what Edward Archer stated as he tried to assassinate a Philadelphia police officer in his marked police car just before midnight on Thursday. They Mayor denied any connection to Islam.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

But if you're saying it wasn't "in the name of Islam" I challenge you to prove otherwise.

These people committed crimes in the name of god...I guess they were, right?

God Told Me To Do It

Teacher Says 'Higher Power' Told Him To Attack Kid With Skateboard

Mom Allegedly Tries To Drown Son In Puddle Because Jesus Told Her To

Man Allegedly Stabs Grandma, Blames Archangel Michael

Nurse Thinks Grandmother Was Possessed, Beats Her To Death: Cops

Suspect: "Jesus And Mary Told Me To Kill Him Because He Is Satan's Spawn!"

Do the names Deana Laney and Andrea Yates ring a bell? God told them to kill their children, and they did.
Conservatives can't have it both ways: if a Muslim who commits a crime in the name of his faith is considered an Islamic terrorist, then a Christian who commits a crime in the name of his faith is a Christian terrorist.

Such is the hypocrisy of the right.

That's why I put the word in quotation marks...:ack-1:

Jim Kenney on Twitter

A gunman claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants shot and seriously wounded a Philadelphia police officer, saying he ambushed his patrol car "in the name of Islam," the city's police commissioner said on Friday.

Edward Archer of Philadelphia approached Officer Jesse Hartnett, 33, shortly before midnight and fired 11 rounds, three of which hit the officer in his arm, authorities said. Police released still images from surveillance video that showed the gunman dressed in a long white robe walking toward the car and firing, eventually getting close enough to shoot at point-blank range through the window.

Hartnett chased Archer, who was arrested by responding officers and later confessed to the attack, police officials told reporters.

"He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.

Philadelphia Police Captain James Clark added, "He said he pledges his allegiance to Islamic State, he follows Allah and that was the reason he was called on to do this."

I very much hope I'm wrong, but this could pretty easily continue to escalate.

And at some point, all those who keep spinning & deflecting for the PC-protected religion are going to have a decision to make.

Innocent Muslims are not guilty of this crime.
Islam at large is guilty of this crime.

Why?

Because its dogma is saturated in blood and rationales and permissions to commit violence and to wage war against nonbelievers.

Easily spin-doctored and interpreted on a scenario-by-scenario basis, by any street-corner mullah or believer who is looking to draw blood or make mischief in the world.

In the context of Peace...

Its foundation is faulty...

It is rotten at the core...

Its blood-lust is always lying dormant, just below the surface, even in times of Peace...

And, because its Founder locked-out changes on Day One, it will never, ever experience any sort of global, holistic and desperately needed Reformation...

It is dangerous...

At its core, it is dangerous...

And nearly completely incompatible with Western culture and philosophy and spirituality and traditions and law and democratic self-governance...

Best to recognize this threat vector for what it is, and keep it at arms' length.
And here's an example of the fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate common to many on the right.

That's why I put the word in quotation marks...:ack-1:

I knew why you did it....the board loons will fail to grasp it.

Many on the right are once again wrong – as usual.

To condemn an entire class of persons for the actions of the few fails as a composition fallacy; it exhibits an inability to engage in rational thought and critical thinking.

Jim Kenney on Twitter

These people committed crimes in the name of god...I guess they were, right?

God Told Me To Do It

Teacher Says 'Higher Power' Told Him To Attack Kid With Skateboard

Mom Allegedly Tries To Drown Son In Puddle Because Jesus Told Her To

Man Allegedly Stabs Grandma, Blames Archangel Michael

Nurse Thinks Grandmother Was Possessed, Beats Her To Death: Cops

Suspect: "Jesus And Mary Told Me To Kill Him Because He Is Satan's Spawn!"

Do the names Deana Laney and Andrea Yates ring a bell? God told them to kill their children, and they did.
Conservatives can't have it both ways: if a Muslim who commits a crime in the name of his faith is considered an Islamic terrorist, then a Christian who commits a crime in the name of his faith is a Christian terrorist.

Such is the hypocrisy of the right.

BS, I was raised as a Christian, I've been to some sort of church nearly every week of my life and not once was I ever taught or encouraged to kill in the name of Jesus....you cannot say the same for Islam

...See? Some Nazis are willing to come out of the closet.
Being anti-Islam does not equate to neo-Nazism, my little Leftie fifth-columnist Arab butt-buddy...

Wake me up when you develop the capacity to argue the point with your Big Girl panties on...

To condemn an entire class of persons for the actions of the few fails as a composition fallacy; it exhibits an inability to engage in rational thought and critical thinking.
Yo dope...we don't condemn...we warn. Exterminate your radicals or be exterminated with them. What's irrational about that?

...And here's an example of the fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate common to many on the right.
Incorrect. There is an example of well-informed and -considered negative opinion that upsets your naive and dangerous moral relativism and that you cannot counterpoint.

Happens once, yeah, of course...

Happens twice, well, yeah... OK... let it go...

Happens three times....hmmmmm... I dunno...

Happens 1,000 times... bullshit... pull the other one... don't quit your day job... we aren't listening, anymore.

Alas, I didn't go straight to oh, places like "Breitbart" or "The Blaze" for the video. That robe is a "thawb" or "thobe", a piece of clothing unique to the religion of Islam. The source is not the "news media" but from a camera and a police chief.

Well, no - the robe he's wearing is not a "thawb", which are full robes and not slit up the sides as this guy's robe is.

"Thawb":

main-qimg-97d5973eea9fa17919e0f4368881a7d6

This guy:
philly_shooting_screenshot-300x205.png

No.

See the individual on the far left?

Dishdasha.jpg

None of those people have slits down the sides of their robes.

I see two guy holding them all bunched up to keep them out of the sand, though.

Okay, if not that, then here is a split leg version of a thawb. And before you go after the color, I'm sure they come in white, too. :

s-l1600.jpg

NOTE: This is in fact called a "Kurta." However, it is Muslim attire nonetheless.

It's actually not "muslim attire" - it's regional - Kurta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A suit and a tie is Muslim attire.

I wonder if Zudhi Jasser will be invited. He would be my choice.

Last edited:

Jim Kenney on Twitter

And at some point, all those who keep spinning & deflecting for the PC-protected religion are going to have a decision to make.

Obviously.

Then why bring them up? Why, as the OP did, start a thread that implicates all of Islam in the act of one individual?
For the same reason Jews today are held responsible for the crucifixion of Christ, that Christians are held responsible for the 2009 murder of Dr George Tiller for performing abortions, that whites are responsible for the murder of Martin Luther King.

Holding the group responsible is the antithesis of individual responsibility which is the cornerstone of American justice. When we attack the group as opposes to just the individuals who perpetrate these terrible acts, we're saying it's OK if the innocent suffer as long we punish the guilty. And when the innocent suffer many of them become the terrorist of the future.

Last edited:
Well, no - the robe he's wearing is not a "thawb", which are full robes and not slit up the sides as this guy's robe is.

"Thawb":

main-qimg-97d5973eea9fa17919e0f4368881a7d6

This guy:
philly_shooting_screenshot-300x205.png

No.

See the individual on the far left?

Dishdasha.jpg

None of those people have slits down the sides of their robes.

I see two guy holding them all bunched up to keep them out of the sand, though.

Okay, if not that, then here is a split leg version of a thawb. And before you go after the color, I'm sure they come in white, too. :

s-l1600.jpg

NOTE: This is in fact called a "Kurta." However, it is Muslim attire nonetheless.

It's actually not "muslim attire" - it's regional - Kurta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A suit and a tie is Muslim attire.

Muslim-American women look like this:

5-3-15_Convert-Muslim-Women-in-the-US-Is-it-Easy1.jpg

All-American conservative women look like this:

4660935305_75fa133cd3.jpg

Jim Kenney on Twitter

Obviously.

Then why bring them up? Why, as the OP did, start a thread that implicates all of Islam in the act of one individual?
For the same reason Jews today are held responsible for the crucifixion of Christ, that Christians are held responsible for the 2009 murder of Dr George Tiller for performing abortions, that whites are responsible for the murder Martin Luther King.

Holding the group responsible is the antithesis of individual responsibility.

The difference is that Islam tells its followers to kill infidels. We hold all Nazis responsible for the Holocaust, and not even you would disagree.

Forum List

Back