Income equality bull shit.

I'm aware of that. It bothers me when people act like everyone is 100% in control of their own destiny, that it's all entirely up to you and that you should feel bad if you're not as rich as some other guy, particularly when that other guy had massive advantages over you simply by virtue of his birth.

Everybody is in charge of their own destiny, but that doesn't guarantee financial success.

Lower income people are generally less responsible. They don't pay attention in school, they don't have the inclination to work hard, they don't understand the first thing about finances, so of course many of them fail in life. Is that because they were born on first base instead of third, or is it because they decided to have their second child at the age of 18 and go on some social programs?

Instead of concentrating on being rich, it's better to concentrate on just being better and making decisions to better yourself.

Years ago I used to have a part-time job teaching music. From time to time, some student would walk into the studio all bummed out. They were completely upset because they went to some bar or someplace and seen a great guitarist. I told them that it's just a fact of life. No matter how hard you try, there is always going to be somebody with more money, a bigger D, and can play better guitar than you. I would tell them the only guitarist they have to be better than is the guitarist that was here last week at this very time.

It never failed. They eventually get a new attitude about being a musician and continued to just be better than they were the week before. That's what needs to be done with people who didn't start out in life with a lot of money.

Well that's fine. That's reasonable. What I'm saying is, sometimes the guy who's worse off than you isn't just a lazy slob or an idiot. Sometimes they started out with a lot less than you did, or just had shitty luck. The people act like those of modest means are just losers are the ones I am talking about.

And some people who are poor and need government assistance have just hit a rough patch and don't want to make a career out of it. In fact, I'd say the overwhelming majority are that way.

I would totally disagree with that.

Being financially sound is something anybody can achieve. Graduate from school, get a job, stay out of trouble with the law, don't have children you can't afford to support, and don't buy things you can't afford.

These simple things can be achieved by anybody; poor, middle-class, upper middle-class and the wealthy.

The problem with our poor is they've been convinced by Democrats that their poverty is not their fault. Of course it's their fault.

I'm from a middle-class suburban family. When I got out of school, I worked several minimum wage jobs. Unhappy with my income, I kept trying to increase my earnings. I finally ended up choosing a career where labor is in high demand under any economy. Now can you tell me why a poor person can't do what I did?

Instead of burdening myself with expenses like overpriced cars, homes, children, I decided not to marry or have children. It was several years after cable television came to our area before I ordered it. Why can't a poor person do what I did?

Poverty is not necessarily proportional to failure. Talk to some foreign business owners sometime. They will tell you what poverty is really like. Yet they came to this country with a hundred dollars in their pocket, did what I wrote above, used their money for investments instead, and are living the American dream that our native born so-called poverty people never had.

I'm aware of that. It bothers me when people act like everyone is 100% in control of their own destiny, that it's all entirely up to you and that you should feel bad if you're not as rich as some other guy, particularly when that other guy had massive advantages over you simply by virtue of his birth.

Everybody is in charge of their own destiny, but that doesn't guarantee financial success.

Lower income people are generally less responsible. They don't pay attention in school, they don't have the inclination to work hard, they don't understand the first thing about finances, so of course many of them fail in life. Is that because they were born on first base instead of third, or is it because they decided to have their second child at the age of 18 and go on some social programs?

Instead of concentrating on being rich, it's better to concentrate on just being better and making decisions to better yourself.

Years ago I used to have a part-time job teaching music. From time to time, some student would walk into the studio all bummed out. They were completely upset because they went to some bar or someplace and seen a great guitarist. I told them that it's just a fact of life. No matter how hard you try, there is always going to be somebody with more money, a bigger D, and can play better guitar than you. I would tell them the only guitarist they have to be better than is the guitarist that was here last week at this very time.

It never failed. They eventually get a new attitude about being a musician and continued to just be better than they were the week before. That's what needs to be done with people who didn't start out in life with a lot of money.

Well that's fine. That's reasonable. What I'm saying is, sometimes the guy who's worse off than you isn't just a lazy slob or an idiot. Sometimes they started out with a lot less than you did, or just had shitty luck. The people act like those of modest means are just losers are the ones I am talking about.

And some people who are poor and need government assistance have just hit a rough patch and don't want to make a career out of it. In fact, I'd say the overwhelming majority are that way.

Being financially sound is something anybody can achieve. Graduate from school, get a job, stay out of trouble with the law, don't have children you can't afford to support, and don't buy things you can't afford.

These simple things can be achieved by anybody; poor, middle-class, upper middle-class and the wealthy.

The problem with our poor is they've been convinced by Democrats that their poverty is not their fault. Of course it's their fault.

I'm from a middle-class suburban family. When I got out of school, I worked several minimum wage jobs. Unhappy with my income, I kept trying to increase my earnings. I finally ended up choosing a career where labor is in high demand under any economy. Now can you tell me why a poor person can't do what I did?

Instead of burdening myself with expenses like overpriced cars, homes, children, I decided not to marry or have children. It was several years after cable television came to our area before I ordered it. Why can't a poor person do what I did?

Poverty is not necessarily proportional to failure. Talk to some foreign business owners sometime. They will tell you what poverty is really like. Yet they came to this country with a hundred dollars in their pocket, did what I wrote above, used their money for investments instead, and are living the American dream that our native born so-called poverty people never had.

Because some people legitimately grow up in ghettos with drugs all around them, gang violence, little to no food for days, filthy living conditions, and extremely poor schools.

The difference between a childhood like that and even lower middle class is like night and day.

You were one of the lucky ones. Whether you believe it or not.

It's difficult to escape that kind of poverty, and most people don't have what it takes. Put your average middle class kid in that shit environment and he'd most likely crumble as well.

Middle class is still easy mode in the grand scheme of things.

Then, of course, once you get to making 50k, you get looked down on by the people making 70k. Once you get to making 70k, you get looked down on by the people making 100k. Then 130k, then 200k, then 500k, and so on and so forth (most people don't even get as high as 100k, but let's just assume you keep climbing your whole life). No matter what you do, you're still a loser to someone.

So to the guys in here making fun of the people making 20, 30, 40k, I imagine there are people who would look at your salary and your achievements and laugh their asses off. "This guy thinks he's somebody? Psshhhh ..."

Because some people legitimately grow up in ghettos with drugs all around them, gang violence, little to no food for days, filthy living conditions, and extremely poor schools.

The difference between a childhood like that and even lower middle class is like night and day.

It's difficult to escape that kind of poverty, and most people don't have what it takes. Put your average middle class kid in that shit environment and he'd most likely crumble as well.

The only reason he grew up in the ghetto is the fact that his mother got pregnant and gave birth to him without being married to his father. If she had finished high school and got married to the father before the got pregnant, then he wouldn't have grown up in the ghetto. 90% of the social pahologies in this country are caused by one thing: single mothers. Despite what libs say about these women, then aren't heroes. They are villains.

You avoided my questions entirely. What did I do when I was younger that some poor kid couldn't do, and why could he or she not do those things?

The reason people have no desire to escape poverty is because our government makes them comfortable in poverty.

My father could tell you stories when he grew up that would make you cry. He and his five siblings lived in a house the size of a three car garage. With no indoor plumbing, going to the bathroom meant heading to the outhouse in the backyard which is no picnic, especially on days like we have today where it's 10 degrees outside with the wind and snow blowing.

He had to quit school to help support his younger siblings. They were on welfare, but welfare back then meant pulling your red wagon to the fire station five miles down the road, and they would fill it with fruits and vegetables.

My father joined the Marines because (as he stated) he could at least get three square meals a day for the first time. It cost him a year of his life fighting in Korea, but he had no regrets about his decision.

My father nor his brothers and sisters ever spent a day in jail yet alone prison. Most of them became successful middle-class people, had families, and raised us middle-class children. My father and three other brothers had their own company at one time or another.

Poverty is an excuse for failure, not the cause of it.

There is no equality of opportunity.

Guy A: Grows up in a mansion, silver spoon, two loving parents, healthy diet and no exposure to criminal elements.

Guy B: Grows up in a crackhouse, rusty spoon, crack whore mother and father abandonment, dryer lint diet and complete immersion in criminal elements.

You're telling me Guy A and Guy B have equal opportunity? LMAO! You guys are too funny sometimes ...

Guy B has more of an opportunity under the USA Capitalist economy to close the gap vs. Guy A. Comparatively, I defy any liberal to site an economy in the world where Guy B’s from this example, have a better opportunity vs. Guy B’s in the US.

That is not equality of opportunity. That is Guy B simply being much better than Guy A, and yet still being wildly unlikely to "close the gap" as you put it.

what you are bitching about is a reality of life. No one, and certainly no government, can change that. some people will always have more success and more stuff than others.

but I would like to understand why you want everyone to be equal in every way. Can you explain that?

Then, of course, once you get to making 50k, you get looked down on by the people making 70k. Once you get to making 70k, you get looked down on by the people making 100k. Then 130k, then 200k, then 500k, and so on and so forth (most people don't even get as high as 100k, but let's just assume you keep climbing your whole life). No matter what you do, you're still a loser to someone.

So to the guys in here making fun of the people making 20, 30, 40k, I imagine there are people who would look at your salary and your achievements and laugh their asses off. "This guy thinks he's somebody? Psshhhh ..."

Who is making fun of them? There is a problem and we are only offering solutions to the problem. I would hardly label that as condescending.

Here's an idea. Have the govt guaranty every citizen an annual income of 100K. whether they work or not, whether they pick up trash or manage a multi billion dollar corporation, whether they are Beyoncé or a street whore (actually little difference there).

Would you like that system?

Herein lies the root of the problem John...thanks for fine example.
You say:
"Now, DaShawn, don't even try to make it in this world, you're destined to fail, it's not your fault, the system is designed to work against you. Cops, Whitey and employers hate you, you'll never get ahead."

Do you see how this works? It's all some really bizarre way of psychologically programming our ghetto dwellers...it's almost as if "someone" wants to keep them right where they're at huh?
We can't be candid and or honest about their situation without people flipping out and accusing us of being insensitive, claiming we don't understand or crying out racism.
Imagine if we managed our children the same way Democrats / Liberals manage Blacks....imagine if our kids were failing classes and we told them; "oh, don't worry about it, it's not your fault, stop trying, you're in over your head and the system won't allow you to succeed."
AS OPPOSED TO:
"WTF....you better pull your head out of your ass and try harder...you're better than that and I will not tolerate you failing...you're to blame, it's nobody's fault but your own...now be accountable and get your shit right!"

When will be the right time to use a "tough love" approach? Maybe in another 60-70 years?

You say:
"Now, DaShawn, don't even try to make it in this world, you're destined to fail, it's not your fault, the system is designed to work against you. Cops, Whitey and employers hate you, you'll never get ahead."

Do you see how this works? It's all some really bizarre way of psychologically programming our ghetto dwellers...it's almost as if "someone" wants to keep them right where they're at huh?
We can't be candid and or honest about their situation without people flipping out and accusing us of being insensitive, claiming we don't understand or crying out racism.
Imagine if we managed our children the same way Democrats / Liberals manage Blacks....imagine if our kids were failing classes and we told them; "oh, don't worry about it, it's not your fault, stop trying, you're in over your head and the system won't allow you to succeed."
AS OPPOSED TO:
"WTF....you better pull your head out of your ass and try harder...you're better than that and I will not tolerate you failing...you're to blame, it's nobody's fault but your own...now be accountable and get your shit right!"

When will be the right time to use a "tough love" approach? Maybe in another 60-70 years?

Which is why we need sterilization law in this country. If you apply for any welfare program, you don't get one dime until you are fixed first. No more having children on welfare. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and the only way to reduce poverty is not to reward people for creating more poverty people.

Oh is that all we have to do? Just decide to be rich enough to qualify for his tax breaks? Fuck off you donkey.

Actually you DO have to work harder then the other 30 people to become a millionaire and the FACTS support that!
FACT: How many millionaires are self made?
Most Americans with $1 million or more in assets made their money on their own, according to a study by BMO Private Bank released today.
Sixty-seven percent of high-net-worth Americans are self-made millionaires, according to the survey.
Only 8 percent inherited their wealth. One third of the millionaires surveyed were women and half of them made their own fortunes.
Most Millionaires Self-Made, Study Says

Almost 70% did it through hard work and not sitting around bitching and moaning about the "rich" people.
And since you obviously are lazy, shiftless, irresponsible idiot just sitting in your parents' basement jealous of the other people that worked for their millionaires..
YOU will NEVER go anywhere!
You don’t even know me. I will be a millionaire before I retire in 18 years unless this tax plan raises the retirement age which it will

No you are NOT smart enough to become a millionaire on your own merits! Because if you were you wouldn't be so f...ing dumb about how businesses work!
I'm going to repeat something again I've tried to get across to dummies like you!
ARE YOU aware that your employer or if you employ others HAVE to pay the same amount as the employee into SS/Medicare... 6.2%?
ARE YOU aware then when businesses hire more people OR even raise their pay to keep more people that MEANS more money to the Federal government?
ARE YOU aware that over $4 trillion in money sits offshore because USA corporate tax rates were 3rd highest?
ARE YOU aware that there IS NOW an advantage for businesses to do BUSINESS and hire people in the USA better atmosphere since the 1980s?
Of course you aren't. AND since you aren't YOU won't be a millionaire before you retire! Because even if you are socking away in stocks, etc. YOU are hating it because
the "rich" you think are getting tax breaks! Well donate your money so you won't be a millionaire!
Let’s see if the republican way works this time. Never has before. When I graduated college George hw was fucking things up then Clinton rocked and gw blew. Obama great now let’s see if trump can do good for 3 more years. Don’t ruin what obama gave you like gw did the Clinton surplus

YOU are truly a dumb f...!
FACTS about the Clinton Surplus and GWB blowing it!
YOU have NO idea what happened evidently from 2001 to 2008. HERE are the facts supported by LINKS!
View attachment 167166
View attachment 167168
But of course dummies like you have NEVER spent any time doing research as to the FACTS... You are a 30 second sound bite headline reader and never did any link research!
Do it and then make your case but until then you are full of sh...T!
how much more government has been created by republicans?

Homeland security is another organization created by the right wing; along with Delta Force and other government programs.

You say:

AS OPPOSED TO:

Which is why we need sterilization law in this country. If you apply for any welfare program, you don't get one dime until you are fixed first. No more having children on welfare. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and the only way to reduce poverty is not to reward people for creating more poverty people.

but but but, that wouldn't be fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and might hurt their feeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.

Actually you DO have to work harder then the other 30 people to become a millionaire and the FACTS support that!
FACT: How many millionaires are self made?
Most Americans with $1 million or more in assets made their money on their own, according to a study by BMO Private Bank released today.
Sixty-seven percent of high-net-worth Americans are self-made millionaires, according to the survey.
Only 8 percent inherited their wealth. One third of the millionaires surveyed were women and half of them made their own fortunes.
Most Millionaires Self-Made, Study Says

Almost 70% did it through hard work and not sitting around bitching and moaning about the "rich" people.
And since you obviously are lazy, shiftless, irresponsible idiot just sitting in your parents' basement jealous of the other people that worked for their millionaires..
YOU will NEVER go anywhere!
You don’t even know me. I will be a millionaire before I retire in 18 years unless this tax plan raises the retirement age which it will

No you are NOT smart enough to become a millionaire on your own merits! Because if you were you wouldn't be so f...ing dumb about how businesses work!
I'm going to repeat something again I've tried to get across to dummies like you!
ARE YOU aware that your employer or if you employ others HAVE to pay the same amount as the employee into SS/Medicare... 6.2%?
ARE YOU aware then when businesses hire more people OR even raise their pay to keep more people that MEANS more money to the Federal government?
ARE YOU aware that over $4 trillion in money sits offshore because USA corporate tax rates were 3rd highest?
ARE YOU aware that there IS NOW an advantage for businesses to do BUSINESS and hire people in the USA better atmosphere since the 1980s?
Of course you aren't. AND since you aren't YOU won't be a millionaire before you retire! Because even if you are socking away in stocks, etc. YOU are hating it because
the "rich" you think are getting tax breaks! Well donate your money so you won't be a millionaire!
Let’s see if the republican way works this time. Never has before. When I graduated college George hw was fucking things up then Clinton rocked and gw blew. Obama great now let’s see if trump can do good for 3 more years. Don’t ruin what obama gave you like gw did the Clinton surplus

YOU have NO idea what happened evidently from 2001 to 2008. HERE are the facts supported by LINKS!
View attachment 167166
View attachment 167168
But of course dummies like you have NEVER spent any time doing research as to the FACTS... You are a 30 second sound bite headline reader and never did any link research!

Homeland security is another organization created by the right wing; along with Delta Force and other government programs.

Trump's Leaner White House Payroll Projected To Save Taxpayers $22 Million

View attachment 167166
View attachment 167168

Trump's Leaner White House Payroll Projected To Save Taxpayers $22 Million
H1-White House visas?

Hey, why are you guys extrapolating so much out of the very simple idea that we live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity, and some people play the game of life on a much higher difficulty than others? I didn't say the government should hold your hand. You guys are just making that shit up.

If you can make it up from a horrible starting point, that's great, but the odds aren't in your favor. That's all I'm saying.

You say:

AS OPPOSED TO:

Wiat a second ... I needed government subsidized healthcare for 1 year ... in your view, I should have been sterilized for that?

Wow, dude. That's pretty harsh.

You say:

AS OPPOSED TO:

Wiat a second ... I needed government subsidized healthcare for 1 year ... in your view, I should have been sterilized for that?

Wow, dude. That's pretty harsh.

Government subsidized healthcare isn't welfare, and until recently, mandated by law.

Hey, why are you guys extrapolating so much out of the very simple idea that we live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity, and some people play the game of life on a much higher difficulty than others? I didn't say the government should hold your hand. You guys are just making that shit up.

If you can make it up from a horrible starting point, that's great, but the odds aren't in your favor. That's all I'm saying.

Depends what you consider the goal is? Are you talking about wealthy, such as millionaire or multimillionaire? Are you talking billionaire? Are you talking about owning your own business? What?

Depends what you consider the goal is? Are you talking about wealthy, such as millionaire or multimillionaire? Are you talking billionaire? Are you talking about owning your own business? What?

The odds aren't in your favor of moving up at all. In the examples you give of poor people moving into the middle class, I'm sure they had at least some positive influence in their corner. Someone to look up to, to inspire to become, whether that be an parent or some other caretaker/authority figure. If your parents are deadbeats and everyone around you is scum, how the hell are you going to make it out? How would you know the way? You need to luck out at some point and receive some positive guidance. There are a lot of factors that effect where we end up in life that are outside our control, unfortunately, whether we like it or not.

As for government interference, I am pretty anti-welfare state, so you don't need to lecture me about that.

The odds aren't in your favor of moving up at all. In the examples you give of poor people moving into the middle class, I'm sure they had at least some positive influence in their corner. Someone to look up to, to inspire to become, whether that be an parent or some other caretaker/authority figure. If your parents are deadbeats and everyone around you is scum, how the hell are you going to make it out? How would you know the way? You need to luck out at some point and receive some positive guidance. There are a lot of factors that effect where we end up in life that are outside our control, unfortunately, whether we like it or not.

As for government interference, I am pretty anti-welfare state, so you don't need to lecture me about that.

Our US Constitution guarantees us the right to pursue happiness, it does not guarantee us happiness. Happiness is something you need to achieve for yourself.

I agree with you that positive influence has an impact on ones life, but you can't have that impact when we have a society of people that come from single-family homes. That's the starting point.

Until that time, it should be the responsibility of our schools to teach children that their fate is not hopeless. After all, we spend more on education than any other industrialized country in the world, isn't that the least they can do????

Ask any kid in or just out of high school what they know about investments. Ask if they know what a PE ratio is in stocks Ask them if they even know what stocks actually are. Ask them what they know about opening up their own business. Ask them if they know what it costs to raise a child in the USA today. Ask them what they know about real estate or the commodities market. Ask them what a CD is, and no, not the kind that has music on it.

If your experience is similar to mine, you'll be met with a lot of blank faces because our schools don't even go near those subjects. So lower income people learn from their friends and family which is unless you can make a good rap song or be extremely good in sports, the only way to find success is participate in illegal actives.

My father could tell you stories about when he grew up that would make you cry. Talk to some foreign business owner at your convenient store or sub shop about being poor. They can tell you what real poverty is. So how did these people do so well without positive influence? It's called desire. For crying out loud, one of the main reasons my father joined the Marines and fought in Korea was so he could experience what it was like having three square meals a day. As poor as they were, my father nor any of his six siblings ever seen a day in prison yet alone jail, and they all grew up to be middle-class people who raised families and several had their own business at one time or another.

So why are our poor not like that now? Because there is no desire to do better. We make them too comfortable being poor.

Forum List

Back