Inflation Plummeting Rapidly

Blaster is showing his ignorance.

1. https://www.cnn.com › 2023 › 06 › 13 › economy › cpi-inflation-may › index.html

CPI in May: US inflation cooled significantly — but it's still not ...

Jun 13, 2023US inflation is leaving those sky-high days behind: Consumer prices in May rose at the slowest annual pace since March 2021, according to data released Tuesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics....
  2. https://www.npr.org › 2023 › 06 › 13 › 1181686474 › cheaper-eggs-gas-lead-inflation-lower-in-may-but-higher-prices-pop-up-elsewhere

Inflation eased in May, giving the Fed some breathing room, but ... - NPR

Jun 13, 2023Consumer prices in May were up 4% from a year ago, according to a report from the Labor Department Tuesday. That was the smallest annual increase since March of 2021. Prices rose 0.1% between April...
  3. https://abcnews.go.com › Business › inflation-expected-slowed-returning-closer-normal-levels › story?id=100009526

Inflation dropped significantly in May, returning closer to normal ...

Jun 13, 2023Inflation dropped significantly in May, returning closer to normal levels Inflation has fallen significantly from a peak last summer but remains elevated. By Max Zahn June 13, 2023, 5:34 AM 1:56 Inflation 4% higher in May compared to 2022, CPI data shows ABC News business reporter Alexis Christoforous also breaks dow...Read More
  4. https://www.forbes.com › advisor › investing › current-inflation-rate

Why Is Inflation Finally Falling In The U.S.? - Forbes Advisor

Jun 13, 2023Inflation has been the Fed's enemy No. 1 since early 2022, and the Federal Open Market Committee has made aggressive changes to U.S. monetary policy in an attempt to lower inflation to its...
  5. https://www.politico.com › newsletters › politico-nightly › 2023 › 06 › 30 › inflation-is-dropping-but-its-no-time-for-a-victory-lap-00104500

Inflation is dropping. But it's no time for a victory lap

2 days agoOne big reason inflation has come down so much is the 13.4 percent drop in energy prices over the past year, something that is "principally affected by other things in the economy," Powell ...
  6. https://www.nbcnews.com › business › economy › inflation-may-2023-what-is-it-are-prices-falling-rising-rcna88860

Inflation slowed to 4% in May — lowest reading since March 2021

Jun 12, 2023The reading was slightly better than economists' forecast of 4.1% — and down significantly from 4.9% rate in April. On a monthly basis, the forecast was for a 0.1% increase, lower than April's 0 ...

You still have a bit of neo-con left in you. But you're not wrong. Until you're last sentence. There's no real reason to question our involvement. Like in so many other situations, the U.S. is the indispensable nation. If we do not lead, others rarely do. And 5% of our military budget is chickenfeed for toppling Russia's dictatorship, or at least severely weakening it. And the CIA has been given a golden opportunity that must not be squandered by the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene.
I have expressed support for aiding Ukraine. But I listened closely to the voices of other people who suggest (strongly) that we are wrong to be doing so. And the fact is, they aren’t wrong either.

(I am not a neo con and I don’t believe I ever identified as one.)

As much as I see Putin as a kind of Hitler, and as much as we can all grieve for the people being subjected to Putin’s savage military effort to wage his war against the Ukrainian civilian population, it is still ok to keep an open mind and ask some crucial questions.

If the United States is not the world’s policeman, then perhaps we need a better reason to risk our servicemen and women, our military supplies and materiel and out wealth than simply to notice that bad shit is happening to other people.

What are those reasons? Should we have a specific reason that makes the taking of action a clear benefit to us? Do we have the right to risk a miscalculation and have everything blow up (making the war broader and maybe more savage in scope)? Do we have any unilateral right to risk a nuclear confrontation which could place lots more people in many more nations at risk of that nuclear war?

Blaster is showing his ignorance.

1. https://www.cnn.com › 2023 › 06 › 13 › economy › cpi-inflation-may › index.html

CPI in May: US inflation cooled significantly — but it's still not ...

Jun 13, 2023US inflation is leaving those sky-high days behind: Consumer prices in May rose at the slowest annual pace since March 2021, according to data released Tuesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics....
  2. https://www.npr.org › 2023 › 06 › 13 › 1181686474 › cheaper-eggs-gas-lead-inflation-lower-in-may-but-higher-prices-pop-up-elsewhere

Inflation eased in May, giving the Fed some breathing room, but ... - NPR

Jun 13, 2023Consumer prices in May were up 4% from a year ago, according to a report from the Labor Department Tuesday. That was the smallest annual increase since March of 2021. Prices rose 0.1% between April...
  3. https://abcnews.go.com › Business › inflation-expected-slowed-returning-closer-normal-levels › story?id=100009526

Inflation dropped significantly in May, returning closer to normal ...

Jun 13, 2023Inflation dropped significantly in May, returning closer to normal levels Inflation has fallen significantly from a peak last summer but remains elevated. By Max Zahn June 13, 2023, 5:34 AM 1:56 Inflation 4% higher in May compared to 2022, CPI data shows ABC News business reporter Alexis Christoforous also breaks dow...Read More
  4. https://www.forbes.com › advisor › investing › current-inflation-rate

Why Is Inflation Finally Falling In The U.S.? - Forbes Advisor

Jun 13, 2023Inflation has been the Fed's enemy No. 1 since early 2022, and the Federal Open Market Committee has made aggressive changes to U.S. monetary policy in an attempt to lower inflation to its...
  5. https://www.politico.com › newsletters › politico-nightly › 2023 › 06 › 30 › inflation-is-dropping-but-its-no-time-for-a-victory-lap-00104500

Inflation is dropping. But it's no time for a victory lap

2 days agoOne big reason inflation has come down so much is the 13.4 percent drop in energy prices over the past year, something that is "principally affected by other things in the economy," Powell ...
  6. https://www.nbcnews.com › business › economy › inflation-may-2023-what-is-it-are-prices-falling-rising-rcna88860

Inflation slowed to 4% in May — lowest reading since March 2021

Jun 12, 2023The reading was slightly better than economists' forecast of 4.1% — and down significantly from 4.9% rate in April. On a monthly basis, the forecast was for a 0.1% increase, lower than April's 0 ...
But. It remains elevated.

Inflation being at the same level as previous months isn't easing. I hope you know what the definition of insanity is.

In fact, inflation around the world isn't going away and central bankers have no idea what to do beyond what they have been all along, printing more money. They're creating more panic rate hikes in the dark, with hopes to create stagflation, with completely opposite effect of what they intended.

In the past few days the Bank of England hiked another 50 basis points, Norway also hiked 50 to defend their sliding currency (in other words, domestic inflation), Switzerland piled another 25 points (their 11th hike in a row), Turkey hiked 625 points to defend their hopeless lyra, both, Australia and Canada imposed how they call it "surprising" hikes, and EU central bank just raised rates. Along with the US Feds, they're all doing exactly the same thing without any good results in sight. If what you saying is true, and if what they're doing is working, why would they keep raising rates?

Despite what government and media want you to believe, and you clearly believe in it, the results show different story, because Feds just told us there are more hikes to come. The core US inflation has been stuck for six months straight, the EU and UK are even worse, and across OECD group (38 richest countries) the inflation has been above 7% for almost a year now, and yet rates have been soaring all around the world. The only thing rate hikes have managed to slow is the economy, not inflation. The Eurozone just entered "technical" recession, while US growth has been negative in four out of 5 past quarters.

The "stuck" inflation is the central bankers worst dream. They know that inflation is how they're graded by voters, which means if inflation is too high for too long they will lose their independence and be taken over by the legislature, hence panic hikes to show they're "doing something". Only problem is that inflation in the US and worldwide has been driven by ever increasing government spending of the money they don't have (borrowed money), and central banks are trying to cancel it, not by telling governments to live within their means, but by crashing the private sector. At this point the challenge to central banks is that on one hand they're desperate to kill inflation, but they also know there is a long lag on hikes, it can take couple of years for rate hikes to show up in the economy, so they're risking going too far too fast. Essentially they're driving in dark with no headlights, but they're desperate to stomp on accelerator and hoping for the best.

The 500 years of classic economics, today known as Austrian economics sees things very differently from what central bankers are doing now. The durable inflation is not mass illusion, it's not Putin, or stuck boat in the Suez, it is simply printing metric tons, after tons, after tons of money. The rich world did this to buy COVID lockdowns, took out many sweetheart loans, and public handouts to by public support for lockdowns, and at this point, although the printers did slow down, a lot of that fresh money, about $9 trillion worth, is gradually bleeding out into circulation, meaning inflation. Unless all those trillions are soaked up by slashing government spending, and central banks selling off government debt, it will keep leaking out while central banks keep panic hiking into an abyss.
I guess you don't seem to realize that inflation goes up every month and every year, and has been doing so for the past 100 years.

Pay raises are inflation...
wage increases are inflation

We just had a 0.4% increase in income, that is inflation.

The rate of inc in inflation has dropped substantially and inflation is almost at the normal level of inc.

Enjoy Biden's booming economic data, obviously you hate it because it is better than Trump's, and Biden's labor market is better than Trump's.

Democracy and standing up to aggression. Fixed.

When did Republicans become such scared little pussies?
Lol. You think I’m a R. Lol. Yet another dumb thing you think.

Ukraine is a Nazi dictatorship fool.

You’re a conspiracy theorizing victim blaming apologist for brutal oppressors.
Brutal oppressors lol…straight from state run media.

I bet you think Iraq had WMD and W was right to invade and kill one million Iraqis.

I bet you believe in the dominion effect so the USG mass murdering millions of southeast Asians was warranted.

I bet you think USG coups committed many times was warranted.

I bet you think the destruction of Libya and Syria by the USG was warranted.

You also think the USG is NOT a brutal oppressor. Lol.

THINK FOR ONCE.

Brutal oppressors lol…straight from state run media.

I bet you think Iraq had WMD and W was right to invade and kill one million Iraqis.

I bet you believe in the dominion effect so the USG mass murdering millions of southeast Asians was warranted.

I bet you think USG coups committed many times was warranted.

I bet you think the destruction of Libya and Syria by the USG was warranted.

You also think the USG is NOT a brutal oppressor. Lol.

THINK FOR ONCE.
People are jailed in Russia for merely speaking out against this war (or even calling it a war).

Putin’s critics are jailed and often die in horrible conditions on fabricated charges.

Defectors are murdered.

The government steals from the people.

They protect the oligarchs.

The state runs the media.

And there’s no hope for reform because the elections have predetermined outcomes.

Russia chose this war. Ukraine wanted peace and prosperity.

(I am not a neo con and I don’t believe I ever identified as one.)
You were a GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld fanboi. So was Crusader Frank and Oddball. That made you Neo-Cons.

What are those reasons? Should we have a specific reason that makes the taking of action a clear benefit to us?
Yes. To keep Russia from sitting at EU/NATO's border with Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, where they can start shit and cause trouble. Ukraine is a democracy. It has had corruption issues, but so does the U.S., so that's a non-issue. The fact that they no longer want to be under Moscow's control means that there would be nasty skirmishes withing Ukraine's borders for years, or decades. Better to rebuff Russia now than wait for them to get their shit together and put together an actual army that's effective. Better to aid in toppling their dictator and his oligarchy now. Regime change in Russia is a bit more consequential and important than the regime change you cheered in Iraq, wouldn't you agree? Iraq was (wrongfully) accused of trying to accumulate WMDs. Putin has thousands.

But. It remains elevated.
9 or the 10 poorest states are Republican controlled and have been for years or decades. Why haven't Republican fiscal policies made those states rich?

Republicans are in no position to criticize Democratic policies. Inflation was a natural result of a roaring economy after being shut down from the pandemic. Inflation was also a natural result of supply chain issues, since Republicans offered huge tax breaks to companies decades ago to move their manufacturing to China, the pandemic hits, China refuses our vaccines, and their workers are too sick or locked in their apartments to continue manufacturing, or to move manufactured goods onto ships bound for America. All interconnected. None of it Biden's fault due to his policies.

You were a GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld fanboi. So was Crusader Frank and Oddball. That made you Neo-Cons.
No fanboi. That’s just your petty label. And your effort to convert support for particular candidates and officials into a definition for “neo con” is bullshit. It’s just you lying some more. Nothing new.

Forum List

Back