Is a Constitutional Crisis looming? (Poll)

Does the USSC need to step up and review the 34 felony counts before the election?

• Yes

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
It is specific. Falsifying business records.

The judge didn't make up anything. He used a precedent that has been in place since 1965.

The judge can not change laws. He could only enforce them
Exact charged felonies.

Line by line.

GO

Not a single specific charge.

You lose
Yes. 34 specific charges.

They are in the indictment and the arraignment and the juries final decision.

During the arraignment Trump was asked how he plead to the charges (the charges you say don't exist) and Trump said "not guilty".

If Trump didn't know what the charges were how can he claim he isn't guilty? He couldn't. Essentially you are saying Trump lied under oath.

That is some funny shit.

1. The EC is in the US Constitution. Whining about it is childish. There will NEVER be an Amendment changing it.
There is very little EC in there and we've been whining about since it started. The has been an amendment already but that is not needed to change it since it is a state run program. Efforts are under way to change it right now: National Popular Vote Interstate Compact
2. SCOTUS is what it is. Whine all you want.
It is what it is until it gets changed.

On both points, remember, the tree that won't bend will break.

Specify the exact 34 with docs

The trial. Did you follow the trial?

counts 34 guilty sidewalk art chalk.jpg

What if you People-of-the-Cult took Trump at his own words?

Trump once said a president under felony indictment would grind the government to a halt and create a constitutional crisis

“We could very well have a sitting president under felony indictment and ultimately a criminal trial,” Trump said during a November 5, 2016, campaign rally in Reno, Nevada, reviewed by CNN’s KFile. “It would grind government to a halt.”

“If she were to win, it would create an unprecedented Constitutional crisis that would cripple the operations of our government,” he said. “She is likely to be under investigation for many years, and also it will probably end up – in my opinion – in a criminal trial. I mean, you take a look. Who knows? But it certainly looks that way.”

“She has no right to be running, you know that,” Trump said. “No right.”

Trump added at a November 5, 2016, rally in Denver that as “the prime suspect in a far-reaching criminal investigation,” Clinton’s controversies would make it “virtually impossible for her to govern.”

One lady on with George Stephanopolous this morning had a very concerning scenario.

Say that Biden wins a very close election in November.

Then say that Trump's 34 count conviction gets overturned soon after. That makes Biden's win illegitimate due to obvious election interference.

So what happens? Or, what should happen?

I think that the USSC needs to step in and review the 34 felony counts and either confirm, or overturn them before the election. As one GOP lawyer said, the 34 counts could be affected by the presidential immunity decision.
SCOTUS is already on record with Jack Smith saying they have no reason to rush any judgments for Trump’s criminal cases, which is why his other trials are on hold.

That is probably the most serious case against Trump. Then again, the Bragg charges were considered very weak, but ended up in a 34 count conviction.

So why did the democrats wait so long to push the charges? Election interference?

Serves them right if the trials get delayed past November.

Trump started running for president again the day after he lost the election.

So the election interference charge is bullshit on its face.

Trump was advised, and new damn well that he had committed multiple felonies, and started putting up the "You can't indict me because I'm a candidate now" dodge to put as many steps between him, and the jailhouse as possible.

The Biden DOJ should have gone after him in 2021 for the January 6th insurrection. That will be a stain on his legacy, whether he thinks it's warranted or not. By appointing a toy poodle as Attorney General, instead of a pit bull, has been the biggest mistake of his Presidency to this point.

Trump wasn't charged with a federal crime. He was charged with a state crime. Furthermore, do you see anything in this law that precludes federal crimes from being used as multiplier laws?
A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

I don't see where the 6th is being violated except for maybe when Trump supporters want to change the venue. CO is stupid for doing that. I never supported it.

We can debate it for months but the fact is, no proof of a conflict exists.
Can you list a single case where a judge was recused because one of his kids donated to the opposite political party?
If that was the case we would be switching justices all over america.
Odd how this was never a problem until Trump.

No it's not. All judges have political views. Do you think Aileen cannon should be removed from Trump's documents case?

I'm sorry the judge disagreed.

We will but appeals rarely occur in New York and when they do it is typical procedural error. I have seen no procedural errors that warrant overturning the case I will say one thing. As an American and a vet, I will fully support the appeals court if they overturn the decision.
1. There are no Federal crimes to multiply or conceal, just fictitious ones. The state crime is a misdemeanor.

2. The 6th Amendment is regarding the "concealed" crime, that isn't real.

3. The change of venue is regarding the composition of the jury pool. In this case the jury had no real option other than to find Trump guilty based on the judge's instructions.

4. Yes, Merchan disagreed with the FEC legal expert. We'll see who the appeals courts agree with.

5. Trump's best option is to appeal directly to the USSC. We know NY is a partisan "Lawfare" state. One potential basis could be presidential immunity. Just sayin'.

The actions taken by Trump and company are illegal in NY, Trump was a resident of NY he was not president he is being tried by the state because of his status when the law was broken.
The bookkeeping misdemeanor was expired. It was only resurrected because it "concealed" another crime, a crime like, hiding info from Federal election voters, Federal election tax law violations, etc. Its the "concealed" Federal crime that we are saying will overturn the convictions.

Forum List

Back