Is a Constitutional Crisis looming? (Poll)

Does the USSC need to step up and review the 34 felony counts before the election?

• Yes

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
He's trying to say that since the FEC didn't sue trump, trump didn't violate the Federal Election Campaign Act.
It's nonsense and wouldn't have swayed the jury at all. Merchan found it to be irrelevant and inadmissible. That's what judges do.
Sorry Smith.
So NY yahoos can interpret complex FEDERAL election laws better than the FEDERAL expert. LOL

Last edited:
That makes Biden's win illegitimate due to obvious election interference.

Seems simple enough. Those found guilty would be sentenced and face the consequences. Over and done with. Assuming what the election results might have been doesn't change anything. Most everyone knows what they say about assumptions.

1. Federal Law says otherwise.

Trump wasn't charged with a federal crime.

He was charged with a state crime.

Furthermore, do you see anything in this law that precludes federal crimes from being used as multiplier laws?

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

2. The 6th Amendment says otherwise. Similar to CO keeping Trump off the ballot because he was part of an insurrection, overturned due to lack of due process. That is the Constitution.

I don't see where the 6th is being violated except for maybe when Trump supporters want to change the venue.

CO is stupid for doing that. I never supported it.

3. You may be right. Conflicted is debatable.

We can debate it for months but the fact is, no proof of a conflict exists.

Can you list a single case where a judge was recused because one of his kids donated to the opposite political party?

If that was the case we would be switching justices all over america.

Odd how this was never a problem until Trump.

4. Change of venue is warranted due to political views of a political case of a political candidate.

No it's not. All judges have political views.

Do you think Aileen cannon should be removed from Trump's documents case?

5. Merchan would not let Smith testify. From post #47
"Smith added, "Bragg's theory hinges on the claim that Trump tried to influence an election through 'unlawful means.' To do that, he'll have to show that Trump violated the Federal Election Campaign Act. But since neither the FEC nor DOJ sued Trump, he's got to show it on his own evidence. "If that's the case, isn't it entirely relevant (not dispositive, but relevant) to the jury's fact-finding on that question that neither DOJ nor FEC chose to prosecute? But Judge Merchan won't allow that in," Smith wrote."

I'm sorry the judge disagreed.

6. Legal expert opinions are usually more correct. We'll see how the appeals play out.

We will but appeals rarely occur in New York and when they do it is typical procedural error.

I have seen no procedural errors that warrant overturning the case

I will say one thing. As an American and a vet, I will fully support the appeals court if they overturn the decision.

So NY yahoos can interpret complex FEDERAL election laws better than the FEDERAL expert. LOL
Yes, a JUDGE will deem himself to have the authority on how the law is interpreted.

Just like Cannon is deemed to have the authority and expertise to interpret the immensely more complicated laws concerning classification in a court setting.

And NEITHER of them will or would allow ANY so-called expert contradict what the law is in front of a jury.

If a judge gets the law wrong, that's grounds for appeals. NOT ALLOWING someone else to take over their job is not.

One lady on with George Stephanopolous this morning had a very concerning scenario.

Say that Biden wins a very close election in November.

Then say that Trump's 34 count conviction gets overturned soon after. That makes Biden's win illegitimate due to obvious election interference.

So what happens? Or, what should happen?

I think that the USSC needs to step in and review the 34 felony counts and either confirm, or overturn them before the election. As one GOP lawyer said, the 34 counts could be affected by the presidential immunity decision.
Step

One lady on with George Stephanopolous this morning had a very concerning scenario.

Then say that Trump's 34 count conviction gets overturned soon after. That makes Biden's win illegitimate due to obvious election interference.

I think that the USSC needs to step in and review the 34 felony counts and either confirm, or overturn them before the election. As one GOP lawyer said, the 34 counts could be affected by the presidential immunity decision.
The actions taken by Trump and company are illegal in NY, Trump was a resident of NY he was not president he is being tried by the state because of his status when the law was broken.

Looming? It’s been banging on the door since Biden’s DOJ raided MAL with safties off

/——/ Then Republican DAs, jurors and witnesses need to file charges against Obama, Biden and Clinton. Payback is a bytch.

Forum List

Back