Is Black Culture the Primary Cause of the ills that plague the Black Community?

• Total voters
And he still wont address it.

Oh, then you said that black kids need to be bussed to school in white areas because black people are net takers of the tax system and contribute nothing to their own schools (Despite the fact that intercity schools have more funding per pupil than any white district I am aware of)?

quote-i-think-segregation-is-bad-i-think-it-s-wrong-it-s-immoral-i-d-fight-against-it-with-every-clarence-thomas-184078.jpg

Nope. One more try? Please remember that I began your lesson with a question about how public schools are funded. I know you can do it!

You allowed a link to do your arguing for you. What is your claim?

Clearly......my claim is that institutionalized and legal segregation.....based on economic factors.....such as low levels of property tax revenue....which has impacted minorities to a greater degree than it has impacted white people....when coupled with the school to prison pipeline....is DIRECTLY responsible for the "thug" culture that you are so interested in discussing.

Get it, professor?

Not educated enough to be a professor but thanks.

My gosh then. How is this possible? DC schools are overwhelmingly black. DC Schools have the highest spending per pupil in the nation. DC schools also have a horrendous graduation rate. By your standard, Washing DC should have the best schools system in the nation. What gives? ... ... ... One more thing, DC is completely run by blacks! However, the thuggery in Washington DC still reins supreme. Why? Black culture.

D.C. Leads Nation as U.S. Per Pupil Tops 10 600 Census Bureau Reports - Finance Insurance Real Estate - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
D.C. Public Schools Spend Almost 30 000 Per Student
DC Takes Top Honors -- for Worst Graduation Rate in U.S. CNS News
D.C. 2012 Murder Rate Ranked 8th Among Nation s Most Populated Cities Homicide Watch D.C. Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

And the liberal myth goes down in a ball of flames.

"Despite this astounding price tag—$29,409 for the 2009–2010 school year, to be exact, compared to the national average of just under $12,500 (both figures are total expenditures calculated on a per-pupil basis, including capital outlays)—the graduation rate for D.C. students hovers around 60 percent, well below the nationwide average of 74 percent. Math and reading scores are also among the lowest in the country."

And this will be your response (if you respond at all).

I addressed it. Read back, dummy.

I don't see it.

Well lets get back on topic then. What were you saying? black kids need to go to school with white kids so the white majic can rub off on them or something?

Nope. Try again.

Oh, then you said that black kids need to be bussed to school in white areas because black people are net takers of the tax system and contribute nothing to their own schools (Despite the fact that intercity schools have more funding per pupil than any white district I am aware of)?

quote-i-think-segregation-is-bad-i-think-it-s-wrong-it-s-immoral-i-d-fight-against-it-with-every-clarence-thomas-184078.jpg

Nope. One more try? Please remember that I began your lesson with a question about how public schools are funded. I know you can do it!

You allowed a link to do your arguing for you. What is your claim?

Clearly......my claim is that institutionalized and legal segregation.....based on economic factors.....such as low levels of property tax revenue....which has impacted minorities to a greater degree than it has impacted white people....when coupled with the school to prison pipeline....is DIRECTLY responsible for the "thug" culture that you are so interested in discussing.

Get it, professor?

Not educated enough to be a professor but thanks.

My gosh then. How is this possible? DC schools are overwhelmingly black. DC Schools have the highest spending per pupil in the nation. DC schools also have a horrendous graduation rate. By your standard, Washing DC should have the best schools system in the nation. What gives? ... ... ... One more thing, DC is completely run by blacks! However, the thuggery in Washington DC still reins supreme. Why? Black culture.

D.C. Leads Nation as U.S. Per Pupil Tops 10 600 Census Bureau Reports - Finance Insurance Real Estate - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
D.C. Public Schools Spend Almost 30 000 Per Student
DC Takes Top Honors -- for Worst Graduation Rate in U.S. CNS News
D.C. 2012 Murder Rate Ranked 8th Among Nation s Most Populated Cities Homicide Watch D.C. Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

And the liberal myth goes down in a ball of flames.

"Despite this astounding price tag—$29,409 for the 2009–2010 school year, to be exact, compared to the national average of just under $12,500 (both figures are total expenditures calculated on a per-pupil basis, including capital outlays)—the graduation rate for D.C. students hovers around 60 percent, well below the nationwide average of 74 percent. Math and reading scores are also among the lowest in the country."

And this will be your response (if you respond at all).

holy smokes- its so simple; A mother AND a father both at home with one or both working, supporting their kid/s and each other.

fathers day is the most confusing day in the black community. It's not that simple.

Fuggin black culture. Rioting over something as insignificant as another dead negro. Jesus H. Christ.

They should riot over shit that matters. Like when some white guys lose a hockey game!

The matter is being investigated and when completed, we will know what caused the man's death and whether people should be charged.

Even still, there is never any excuse for this kind of violence. Protesting when something is unfair is a good thing and the right of every American, but destroying a city and injuring people before you even have the facts are symptoms of a much more serious issue.
It's a symptom your hockey team needs better scouts?

Fuggin black culture. Rioting over something as insignificant as another dead negro. Jesus H. Christ.

They should riot over shit that matters. Like when some white guys lose a hockey game!

The matter is being investigated and when completed, we will know what caused the man's death and whether people should be charged.

Even still, there is never any excuse for this kind of violence. Protesting when something is unfair is a good thing and the right of every American, but destroying a city and injuring people before you even have the facts are symptoms of a much more serious issue.

Yes, because there have been sooo many white riots in the past year or so.

Yes, because there have been sooo many white riots in the past year or so.
Students Riots At Keene NH State Pumpkin Festival Shot s Fired Rubber Bullets Tear Gas and Riot Police. Video Alternative

29e6b92.jpg

Black culture is as healthy as any other culture from the Irish to the Italians to the Hispanics. The problem is the modern democrat party plantation culture that keeps Black culture in bondage to poverty pimps appointed by democrat administrations going back to LBJ.

Yeeees. Rioting and destroying property for pumpkins. A much more worthy cause than just another dead negro!

So much for the ignorant theory no whites rioted in the past year!

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Sorry to make your butt hurt, Publius.

The left often wants to blame racism as the primary cause of the ill's experienced by the black community. This issue has worked its way deep into policy decisions to help "level the playing field." So I ask the question, is it really racism that plagues the black community or black culture?

Some yes...some no.

I encourage all who see no racism to look into how the criminal justice system treats blacks insofar as sentencing and verdicts.

On the other side of the coin, when your role models are absentee fathers, women who sing about the virtues of spouse abuse, and the music is consistently profanity laced, that isnt racism, that is culture self fulfillment.

Indeed, repetitive criminals get longer sentences.

True but blacks and whites with similar backgrounds criminally get drastically different sentences. When blacks are represented on juries, the sentencing levels out. I can find some graphics for you to back that up. But that's not the question at hand.

Your poll question was about the culture's effect on the race as a whole. The effect is unmistakable. I think anyone looking at the thug culture or rap music that glorifies violence and the rough language can't honestly say that the culture has nothing to do with the situation blacks find themselves in.

The left often wants to blame racism as the primary cause of the ill's experienced by the black community. This issue has worked its way deep into policy decisions to help "level the playing field." So I ask the question, is it really racism that plagues the black community or black culture?
I would say "yes" if I were to concentrate on the MINORITY of Black people who aren't doing well, instead of concentrating on the MAJORITY of Black people who are not on welfare.

What do you consider "Black culture".......rap? Do you think that those deviants who rioted in Baltimore make up the majority of that population? What percentage of that population do you think that the looters and deviants were?

Black People on Welfare Let s Not Sugarcoat It

What percentage of that population are excusing and/or supporting the looters would be a more relevant question. And black culture promotes deviance (Though not all blacks are deviant) just as Asian culture promotes education (Though not all Asians do well in school). A culture is defined by the behavior it promotes, knowingly or unknwingly.
A minority of "that population" excuses or supports the looters and hooligans perpetrating those acts.
You have yet to define "Black culture", though in a sense the so-called "Black culture" is American culture and the byproduct thereof. The majority of Black people I know and am related to are employed, want to get ahead on their own and support their families. My Black maternal grandfather put five daughters through college and had one son as a great Jazz musician and then a catholic priest. The offspring of those daughters all went through college except one, the Black husbands of those daughters were and are professionals and entrepreneurs. Others include lawyers, professors, neurosurgeons, teachers , police, bus drivers, postal workers etc.

That's the so-called "Black culture" I know. If you and others choose to focus on the minority that is fucking up and try to make them as representatives of "the Blacks", what does that say about you? :)

Some yes...some no.

I encourage all who see no racism to look into how the criminal justice system treats blacks insofar as sentencing and verdicts.

On the other side of the coin, when your role models are absentee fathers, women who sing about the virtues of spouse abuse, and the music is consistently profanity laced, that isnt racism, that is culture self fulfillment.

Indeed, repetitive criminals get longer sentences.

True but blacks and whites with similar backgrounds criminally get drastically different sentences. When blacks are represented on juries, the sentencing levels out. I can find some graphics for you to back that up. But that's not the question at hand.

Your poll question was about the culture's effect on the race as a whole. The effect is unmistakable. I think anyone looking at the thug culture or rap music that glorifies violence and the rough language can't honestly say that the culture has nothing to do with the situation blacks find themselves in.

But is it the primary reason for the ills in the black community? I agree with you, I just don't know to what extent we can blame culture. Although, my vote above is clear.

I would say "yes" if I were to concentrate on the MINORITY of Black people who aren't doing well, instead of concentrating on the MAJORITY of Black people who are not on welfare.

What do you consider "Black culture".......rap? Do you think that those deviants who rioted in Baltimore make up the majority of that population? What percentage of that population do you think that the looters and deviants were?

What percentage of that population are excusing and/or supporting the looters would be a more relevant question. And black culture promotes deviance (Though not all blacks are deviant) just as Asian culture promotes education (Though not all Asians do well in school). A culture is defined by the behavior it promotes, knowingly or unknwingly.
A minority of "that population" excuses or supports the looters and hooligans perpetrating those acts.
You have yet to define "Black culture", though in a sense the so-called "Black culture" is American culture and the byproduct thereof. The majority of Black people I know and am related to are employed, want to get ahead on their own and support their families. My Black maternal grandfather put five daughters through college and had one son as a great Jazz musician and then a catholic priest. The offspring of those daughters all went through college except one, the Black husbands of those daughters were and are professionals and entrepreneurs. Others include lawyers, professors, neurosurgeons, teachers , police, bus drivers, postal workers etc.

That's the so-called "Black culture" I know. If you and others choose to focus on the minority that is fucking up and try to make them as representatives of "the Blacks", what does that say about you? :)

Your grandfather lived through a time when the black unwed mother rate was lower than that of whites. Now the unwed black mother rate is 75%. Sorry buddy, this isn't your granddads culture.

Your grandfather lived through a time when the black unwed mother rate was lower than that of whites. Now the unwed black mother rate is 75%. Sorry buddy, this isn't your granddads culture.
The offspring today is my "granddad's culture". The Blacks people I know on a professional level and a friendly level are also living a manifestation of my "granddad;s culture".

At a per capita high percentage, there are 30 to 32% of Black people on welfare or government assistance. That means that the large MAJORITY are not on welfare , no matter what there marital status is. Why do people like you seem to want to make the minority of fuck ups , represent the MAJORITY who are not fucking up? :lol:

Forum List

Back