Is homeschooling a good solution?

Admiral, there is no need to defend yourself. You are a professional and I salute you for being a teacher. Do not let anyone persuade you to think you are not. Those who complain need to step in and fix the problem....but I doubt they could handle it. Plus they'd have to be willing to give up being paid compared to the private sector.

That's like saying that if the mechanic doesn't fix your car correctly, that you can't complain. You have to fix it yourself. You're obviously an idiot.

Furthermore, the educational establishment doesn't allow anyone to fix it. All they do is demand more money. I could fix the problem with government education with the snap of my fingers: Simply abolish it and give every child a voucher.
Nobody understand an issue, can see the glaring flaw in the opposition, and point out the complete lack of logic in that glaring flaw like Bripat can. No wonder he causes liberals to flip the freak out on USMB. :lol:

He uses logic...which confuses the average run of the mill left loon

Admiral, there is no need to defend yourself. You are a professional and I salute you for being a teacher. Do not let anyone persuade you to think you are not. Those who complain need to step in and fix the problem....but I doubt they could handle it. Plus they'd have to be willing to give up being paid compared to the private sector.
First of all, nobody is attacking him. He's the one freaking out because we are speaking the truth. There is a huge push by idiot liberal state legislatures, teachers unions, and various other liberals to indoctrinate the youth because they realize that's the only chance liberalism has for survival. Anyone not brainwashed when young will look at the facts, look at the data, examine history, and logically come to the conclusion that liberalism is a failed ideology.

You don't have clue, do you? I may be left of you on education, but to most people I am some where to the right of Attila the Hun. I don't like the liberal influences in education, but I really hate the ridiculous exaggerations by those on the right.
I'm not sure there is much "exaggeration" going on ART. Many public schools are teaching the egregious lie known as "Global Warming" (which, after being unequivocally proven to be a lie, was changed to "Climate Change"). They also refuse to properly teach the U.S. Constitution. And then of course there is the Common Core nonsense (which, in all fairness, most teachers I know hate).

Teachers don't set the curriculum so I'm not blaming them or you. But there is a huge indoctrination program being utilized by many states (sadly).

Properly teach the Constitution? What evidence do you have of that? Almost half my career has been teaching American Government classes at the high school level.

One of the biggest problems I have with conservatives who criticize education is the belief that because someone apparently doesn't know the Constitution or ignores what they were taught, that somehow equates to that the never were taught. Obama is an alleged Constitutional Law instructor and Harvard Law alumni, but he makes policy in direct conflict with the Constitution that any middle-schooler should know is illegal. That is why the courts smack his down on a regular basis!

As far as Common Core goes, the ignorance on that topic abounds. Common Core is not the problem, but the curriculum bought by school districts aligned with the Common Core standards, which they call Common Core, when it is not. On this forum and others, I have heard conservatives railing about the Common Core Social Studies Standards. It is really so sad that no such thing exists and anyone not knowing that should be immediately dismissed as a loon.

We don't criticize education itself, we criticize the educational system.

Actually there are many conservatives that are critical of education, and I just responded to one particular example on this thread.

Well, I am not sure why anyone would criticize education itself, that's silly.
We are in fact criticizing what we have always criticized - the failure of government and the illegal, immoral, and unethical actions of liberals.

You don't have clue, do you? I may be left of you on education, but to most people I am some where to the right of Attila the Hun. I don't like the liberal influences in education, but I really hate the ridiculous exaggerations by those on the right.
I'm not sure there is much "exaggeration" going on ART. Many public schools are teaching the egregious lie known as "Global Warming" (which, after being unequivocally proven to be a lie, was changed to "Climate Change"). They also refuse to properly teach the U.S. Constitution. And then of course there is the Common Core nonsense (which, in all fairness, most teachers I know hate).

Teachers don't set the curriculum so I'm not blaming them or you. But there is a huge indoctrination program being utilized by many states (sadly).

Properly teach the Constitution? What evidence do you have of that? Almost half my career has been teaching American Government classes at the high school level.

One of the biggest problems I have with conservatives who criticize education is the belief that because someone apparently doesn't know the Constitution or ignores what they were taught, that somehow equates to that the never were taught. Obama is an alleged Constitutional Law instructor and Harvard Law alumni, but he makes policy in direct conflict with the Constitution that any middle-schooler should know is illegal. That is why the courts smack his down on a regular basis!

As far as Common Core goes, the ignorance on that topic abounds. Common Core is not the problem, but the curriculum bought by school districts aligned with the Common Core standards, which they call Common Core, when it is not. On this forum and others, I have heard conservatives railing about the Common Core Social Studies Standards. It is really so sad that no such thing exists and anyone not knowing that should be immediately dismissed as a loon.

Nonsense.

How can you teach Constitutional (1787) principles in a setting where individuals are COMPELLED to attend and their parents are COMPELLED to financially support and wherein students have no rights?

"Courts" smack down Obama's laws because he is an uppity negro and adopted measures which favor brownskinned beaners, not because they are invalid.

The US did not become a gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state because judges invalidate UNCONSTITUTIONAL (1787) Laws. Actually , the standard has been lowered from unconstitutional to "unreasonable".

Thank you for the warning that your entire post was going to be nonsense! It is much appreciated.

Yeah man, I like your debate technique. When confronted with painfully true facts become incoherent.

Just more proof of his condescending attitude to those that disagree with him. He is a former educator, therefore he is right.

Actually there are many conservatives that are critical of education, and I just responded to one particular example on this thread.

We are in fact criticizing what we have always criticized - the failure of government and the illegal, immoral, and unethical actions of liberals.

What failure? Just because you cons at somthing , doesn't make it so .

I wonder if people know that schools and education are a state activity and carried out by state boards of education, elected by state citizens, which in turn gives the responsibility to the 13,000 or so school districts within the states. Those district school boards are elected by citizens of the district? Couldn't ask for more local and state control. How did you vote in the last district or state school board election?

"What failure"?!? Did you just wake up from a coma? How about the failure of the federal government to uphold the U.S. Constitution and (under Jimmy Carter), illegally form the Department of Education. And then, after that failure, to pump in hundreds of billions of dollars (probably in the trillions by now) only to see test scores plummet since then.

If that's not the definition of failure, I don't know what is. But of course, this requires you to accept reality and facts - something liberals refuse to do.

I wonder if people know that schools and education are a state activity and carried out by state boards of education, elected by state citizens, which in turn gives the responsibility to the 13,000 or so school districts within the states. Those district school boards are elected by citizens of the district? Couldn't ask for more local and state control. How did you vote in the last district or state school board election?
I wonder if people like you realize that there is this thing called "the Department of Education" in the federal government which unconstitutionally dictates requirements across the country.

And no genius, the state does not "in turn give the responsibility over to the local school districts". Did you also just wake up from a coma? When is the last time anyone relinquished power in this day and age of ego's and greed, and desire for control? Believe me, I spend a ton of time talking to the principles and teachers of my daughters school and all of them are fed up with the state telling them what to do. We should have control over education in our community, but thanks to idiot liberals, we no longer do. Hence the reason why more people are turning to home schooling than ever before.

"What failure"?!? Did you just wake up from a coma? How about the failure of the federal government to uphold the U.S. Constitution and (under Jimmy Carter), illegally form the Department of Education. And then, after that failure, to pump in hundreds of billions of dollars (probably in the trillions by now) only to see test scores plummet since then.

If that's not the definition of failure, I don't know what is. But of course, this requires you to accept reality and facts - something liberals refuse to do.

Did the Supreme Court find it unconstitutional ? No . Therefore it is not unconstitutional !

But hey, some right wing screwballs who never have even seen the inside of a law school know better than the Supreme Court!

Why don't u explain how the DOE is unconstitutional? This ought to be good .

I already answered that, and to you

It must not have impressed me much.

Your government high school?

Yes, my government high school in a county dominated by conservatives,and in a state dominated by conservatives.

Sucked to be one of the few leftists there, huh? Wow, you're a leftist, you go to a government school, and it's not leftist! Wow, sucks.

My bad. I got confused with your post in the context of the discussion. I thought it was an argument that most government schools are not left. But you didn't say that, it was a literal answer to my question.

It must not have impressed me much.

Your government high school?

Yes, my government high school in a county dominated by conservatives,and in a state dominated by conservatives.

Sucked to be one of the few leftists there, huh? Wow, you're a leftist, you go to a government school, and it's not leftist! Wow, sucks.

Leftist teachers are openly political, while any other open view is putting yourself in peril

Now that's ridiculous. Who is against education?

Nonsense.

How can you teach Constitutional (1787) principles in a setting where individuals are COMPELLED to attend and their parents are COMPELLED to financially support and wherein students have no rights?

"Courts" smack down Obama's laws because he is an uppity negro and adopted measures which favor brownskinned beaners, not because they are invalid.

The US did not become a gargantuan bankrupt welfare/warfare police state because judges invalidate UNCONSTITUTIONAL (1787) Laws. Actually , the standard has been lowered from unconstitutional to "unreasonable".

Thank you for the warning that your entire post was going to be nonsense! It is much appreciated.

Yeah man, I like your debate technique. When confronted with painfully true facts become incoherent.

Your post didn't make much sense, I didn't even understand the last paragraph. And the phrasing of the middle one was kind of bizarre, the use of "uppity negro" seemed forced to flame emotion not make a point. And the first one mixed valid and silly points. The point on our being forced to pay for government education was valid. That kids should have a choice whether to go to school was pretty ridiculous

Believe me, I spend a ton of time talking to the principles and teachers of my daughters school and all of them are fed up with the state telling them what to do. We should have control over education in our community, but thanks to idiot liberals, we no longer do. Hence the reason why more people are turning to home schooling than ever before.

What a fucking hypocrite you are.

You say Liberals are destroying education in public schools.

So what do you do? Put your kids in public schools.

You to stupid to home school arent ya poodle?

There are tons of school districts teaching that the Constitution is a "living, breathing document" which is simply 100% false. Sorry, but that's not a learning problem. That's a curriculum problem.

And again - I'm not blaming the teachers on that. I realize it's the state's setting the curriculum. And you're 100% wrong on Common Core. It is the problem. The math is a joke. The teach a 17-step process which takes roughly 6 minutes to do what we were taught to do in one step which takes roughly 45 seconds.

Tory's right that you can get an education in government schools. I mixed government and private schools growing up. But I have to agree with you that the teachers are pretty left. For example, they will say things correctly like that the bill of rights limits government, but then in the discussion they'll apply it incorrectly using examples like the press does that you have free speech protections from everyone, not just government. The question then is are you smart enough to recognize the difference between the correct description and the incorrect example?

Believe me, I spend a ton of time talking to the principles and teachers of my daughters school and all of them are fed up with the state telling them what to do. We should have control over education in our community, but thanks to idiot liberals, we no longer do. Hence the reason why more people are turning to home schooling than ever before.

So your standard is that we can't want better public schools, we have to not use them even though we still have to pay for them.

That's idiotic. And private schools are expensive, it's not always an option. It was for me with my kids, but clearly not everyone can afford that. Particularly since we have to pay for the public ones in addition as well as the private tuitions

As to your assertion about how the Constitution is taught, I would merely ask where you got that information. I have taught social studies in two different states and in 7 different school districts. I think that assertion is more urban legend than anything else.

As I said in another post as well, again, generally I agree things are stated correctly. But then they find things that aren't there, a right to privacy, a right to an abortion, the right for men to go to women's bathrooms and other things that aren't there. They think all businesses are covered by the right to regulate interstate commerce. You have to be smart enough to separate the definitions which are generally right from the discussions which frequently are not

I slam government schools all the time. I double majored in Math & Computer Science (U of Maryland) and have Masters degrees in Computer Science (Virginia Tech) and an MBA (U of Michigan). I criticize government schools BECAUSE I believe so strongly in education

Oh the irony in that question. For starters junior....correct grammar would be "You are too stupid to home school, aren't you poodle"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You left our "are" and it's "too stupid" stupid, not "to stupid"

As far as homeschooling goes - you really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you? The curriculum is the same dumb ass. The state dictates the curriculum. It doesn't matter if a child attend public school, private school, or home school. The material is still exactly the same, the standardized state testing is still mandatory, and the requirements are exactly the same.

The fact that you don't even know that much coupled with your incredibly illiteracy showcased above really illustrates why you are a liberal. You may very well have broken the record here for the dumbest, most uninformed post ever made on USMB. Congratulations. Your first and only achievement in life.

I slam government schools all the time. I double majored in Math & Computer Science (U of Maryland) and have Masters degrees in Computer Science (Virginia Tech) and an MBA (U of Michigan). I criticize government schools BECAUSE I believe so strongly in education

Right, but you're not slamming education.. just the system of delivery. With which I totally agree.

I love when people say I hate education. I wish they would have told me this before I got an undergrad with a double minor, an MBA and my CPA... would have saved me a lotta time!

Forum List

Back