Is it moral for God to punish us?

You'll ignore the fact that you come off as obnoxious on this board.

does correcting your misunderstanding of biology make me come off as obnoxious?.......do you consider everyone who corrects your errors as obnoxious or just those who correct your errors about science?.......
See? That was an obnoxious response. Bravo. You proved my point.
do you consider all of science to be obnoxious?.....if I told you the sun does not revolve around the earth would you consider it a personal insult?......
Why would you feel the need to tell me that the world revolves around the sun? Need an ego boost? Is that why you come here?
its just that you seem to feel discussing scientific fact is a personal insult....I am exploring the scope of your dilemma......
Another obnoxious response from a small, bitter loser. Sad really.

So I'll take that as a resounding YES! :lmao:
to the question of you making an error?......a concession then.......

so far we have discovered several things you do not understand about the Christian religion......is there any part of it that you DO understand?.....
Another good example: if you have no answer, you respond by belittling the other person in an obnoxious way. See you in hell, mothafucka.
highly unlikely......if you are right there is no hell, if I am right I won't be there.......
Hell was made for the obnoxious. Say hi to Adolf for me.
do you feel he will be in heaven?.......
Can't you read? I just said to say hi to Adolf because obnoxious people go to hell. But you didn't get, I know.

Is it moral for an all-knowing and all-powerful God to set in motion a history that he designs and then condemns others for?

We live in a history that God has set up and is fully responsible for. God, punishing man, who can do nothing but follow God’s plan and the nature God has put in us, is having innocent people suffer for the wrongs God himself has pre-destined and which cannot be altered.

For example.

God chose to have Jesus sacrificed. God, in his planning book would also have decided who would kill Jesus. There would be no way for that man to not kill Jesus or God’s plan would fall off the rails and in this case, we would not have a messiah or scapegoat to ride into heaven.

Some will say we have free will but as shown in the example above, Jesus’ killer could not refrain from killing Jesus without derailing God’s plan. Further, to pre-destine any one action or condition within a history changes all other conditions and pre-destines all conditions within the plan. Think the butterfly effect.

Having said the above and having shown that we have no free will if anything is pre-destined, I think it would be quite immoral for God to judge or punish us for being and doing exactly what he pre-ordained for us in his plan. We have no choice and to punish us is immoral.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

How twisted your thinking is---you listen to teachers of darkness and make decisions upon that basis.
No our lives are not preordained--God cannot see ones future like that-- He desires all to repent, so he does not know beforehand who will or wont. He can however see the patterns of the mortal heart and know--Few will repent. --the future he shared was his will being accomplished.
So is God pissed off that not many people want to repent? And a whole shitload of people don't even think that he exists?

No god, not hell.

How is that stressing hell if there is none?
I haven't met an atheist yet who didn't argue that the fact of "hell" was the reason to be an atheist.......it's their number one argument......pretty stupid, but true nonetheless.........

If I don't believe in an active god, why would I worry about a hell?
you'll have to ask those atheists who argue you cannot believe in a God who would be so evil as to create a hell

The idea that is taunt by so many is that god is love, so why would it create a hell? Jews don't believe in a hell such as the greeks and christians.........yet it is supposed to be the same god. If god created the angels and is willing to wipe out mankind, why not just pull the plug on the so called "fallen angels"?
If God's love is omnipotent, omniscience and unconditional, why is death not being with god? Why if we suffer on earth are we supposed to be punished after death?

Of course you have to first believe there is an active god and interacts with mankind in some way. I don't see a god particle being thoughtful or selective in creation of making choices or judgements about animals or man after the fact or after death. If this idea of god makes choices about individuals, it would also have to make choices about one planet over another and one solar system over others, etc. Should we save a mountain or a particular plot of land because of a particular ant out of all the ants in that colony? Why assume some god figure cares about individual people out of the billion on this planet or about this planet in the universe?

Man in ignorance felt a need for god. Why assume god has any need or care for us?

The very idea of a god with a human like personality and thought process is absurd, then to think about the number of religions and denomination with their own idea of god(s) make the idea even more far fetched.
If all life exists because of god particle and we all have "god" in us and all things, it should not be some figure of god but our fellow man and life forms that we have to please and that might judge us in life, but it does not assume in any conscience afterlife or such concepts as heaven or hell.

Why worry about after death rather than life and our fellow humans or life forms in our general location and in the world. Why do we need to pray or believe in some dogma? Children don't have such concerns, animals don't seem to have such concerns or concepts. What difference to us at this moment does it make if we believe in god, the tooth fairy or little green men? Why does it matter what all the other people on this planet believe in?

What makes you better, more knowledgable or have the right to judge others for what they know or believe? Older religions and religions with more people have as much or more likelihood to be right and you being wrong. Why should a baptist vs a presbyterian or anglican be more right?

Is it moral for an all-knowing and all-powerful God to set in motion a history that he designs and then condemns others for?

We live in a history that God has set up and is fully responsible for. God, punishing man, who can do nothing but follow God’s plan and the nature God has put in us, is having innocent people suffer for the wrongs God himself has pre-destined and which cannot be altered.

For example.

God chose to have Jesus sacrificed. God, in his planning book would also have decided who would kill Jesus. There would be no way for that man to not kill Jesus or God’s plan would fall off the rails and in this case, we would not have a messiah or scapegoat to ride into heaven.

Some will say we have free will but as shown in the example above, Jesus’ killer could not refrain from killing Jesus without derailing God’s plan. Further, to pre-destine any one action or condition within a history changes all other conditions and pre-destines all conditions within the plan. Think the butterfly effect.

Having said the above and having shown that we have no free will if anything is pre-destined, I think it would be quite immoral for God to judge or punish us for being and doing exactly what he pre-ordained for us in his plan. We have no choice and to punish us is immoral.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

How twisted your thinking is---you listen to teachers of darkness and make decisions upon that basis.
No our lives are not preordained--God cannot see ones future like that-- He desires all to repent, so he does not know beforehand who will or wont. He can however see the patterns of the mortal heart and know--Few will repent. --the future he shared was his will being accomplished.
So is God pissed off that not many people want to repent? And a whole shitload of people don't even think that he exists?

He isn't pissed off-- He set before everyone--life or death- Deuteronomy 30:19)-- we must choose--by our actions. If one reads the bible from front to back, a few times they find---for the majority of mankinds history= 99% mislead. so true of today--these are the last days.

For example.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

He isn't pissed off-- He set before everyone--life or death- Deuteronomy 30:19)-- we must choose--by our actions. If one reads the bible from front to back, a few times they find---for the majority of mankinds history= 99% mislead. so true of today--these are the last days.
So god's getting getting to do mass murder? What a fucking douche he must be.

to the question of you making an error?......a concession then.......

so far we have discovered several things you do not understand about the Christian religion......is there any part of it that you DO understand?.....
Another good example: if you have no answer, you respond by belittling the other person in an obnoxious way. See you in hell, mothafucka.
highly unlikely......if you are right there is no hell, if I am right I won't be there.......
Can't you read? I just said to say hi to Adolf because obnoxious people go to hell. But you didn't get, I know.
Its not my fault you make inaccurate assumptions........quite obviously its your fault......

there will be billions of people in heaven........it is sad that some do not want to be in paradise, but that is their decision.......

For example.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL
If I splashed your face with cold water would it be my doing, or God's?

What makes you better, more knowledgeable or have the right to judge others for what they know or believe?
why ask such a silly question.......I do not claim to be better or more knowledgeable or a right to judge.......God is better, more knowledgeable and has the right to judge.......he's the one who offers you the choice.......if you decide not to take it, quit whining about it......its what you decided.......

????......mass murder?......you die, I die, everyone dies........you decide you want to go to hell, I decide I want to go to paradise.....we both get what we choose.......where does mass murder come into it?......

why are atheists so irrational?......

Its not my fault you make inaccurate assumptions........quite obviously its your fault......
No, you're trying to be obnoxious again, trying (and failing) to suggest that I think Adolf went to heaven.

What makes you better, more knowledgeable or have the right to judge others for what they know or believe?
why ask such a silly question.......I do not claim to be better or more knowledgeable or a right to judge.......God is better, more knowledgeable and has the right to judge.......he's the one who offers you the choice.......if you decide not to take it, quit whining about it......its what you decided.......
God never offered me a choice, in fact, he's never said anything to me. Anyways, free choice means that I get to choose what I want, and I choose neither god nor hell.

????......mass murder?......you die, I die, everyone dies........you decide you want to go to hell, I decide I want to go to paradise.....we both get what we choose.......where does mass murder come into it?......

Not an atheist. That aside, if I have free will then I choose neither hell nor god. Boy, that was actually pretty easy.

No, you're trying to be obnoxious again, trying (and failing) to suggest that I think Adolf went to heaven.
lol.....but you aren't being obnoxious by suggesting I will go to hell?.....or in all your inaccurate claims about Christianity?.......

God never offered me a choice, in fact, he's never said anything to me. Anyways, free choice means that I get to choose what I want, and I choose neither god nor hell.
if you can talk a deity into changing his rules, that might work for you.......or as an alternative you could simply become powerful enough to impose your will upon us all, as you seem to believe he has.......

Not an atheist. That aside, if I have free will then I choose neither hell nor god. Boy, that was actually pretty easy.
perhaps not, but still obviously irrational......why would anyone who had the free will to choose neither, waste their time here whining about some nonexistent deity who forces them to choose between two alternatives......

lol.....but you aren't being obnoxious by suggesting I will go to hell?.....or in all your inaccurate claims about Christianity?.......
My claims about Christianity are correct, you have not refuted a single one except to say that I'm wrong, without giving a reason. As for my possibly being a tad obnoxious, well, I'm not trying to suck up to the invisible Big Guy now, am I? But do YOU really think that he'll let in obnoxious little haters who think that it's ok to call some people abnormal for the way they are born? Me thinks not.

Forum List

Back