Is It OK to Deny Sex to your Spouse?

Is It OK to Deny Sex to your Spouse?

• No. Never.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes. But only occasionally/rarely

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Yes. People should not have sex unless both people want it.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
If hubby wants something else, I am not stopping him.
I'm not the jealous type, and if he happens to not be satisfied, he can go elsewhere.
People make this stuff TOO complicate
It comes to the imagined "ownership" of somebody else's body. So called cheating... Now, I was very jealous when I got married so I am not throwing rocks; they might bounce back and hit me in the head.

I used to be jealous to the extreme
Now I am not jealous, to the extreme
Too much pain.

I'm not the jealous type, and if he happens to not be satisfied, he can go elsewhere.
It comes to the imagined "ownership" of somebody else's body. So called cheating... Now, I was very jealous when I got married so I am not throwing rocks; they might bounce back and hit me in the head.

Too much pain.

I believe every relationship brings its own unique dynamic. Jealousy/possessiveness is usually a product of that particular combination. That anxiety is a collaboration the two partners create together -- one doing the jealosizing, the other fueling and facilitating it. Change the partner, and that jealousy can mysteriously vanish.

Too much pain.

I believe every relationship brings its own unique dynamic. Jealousy/possessiveness is usually a product of that particular combination. That anxiety is a collaboration the two partners create together -- one doing the jealosizing, the other fueling and facilitating it. Change the partner, and that jealousy can mysteriously vanish.

I was pretty much jealous with ever partner I had - until I learned to disconnect.
Everyone is different. Sometimes, there is just no explanation (or cure).

Too much pain.

I was pretty much jealous with ever partner I had - until I learned to disconnect.

I would submit that perhaps you kept picking partners that you could be jealous of. However unconsciously.

Too much pain.

I would submit that perhaps you kept picking partners that you could be jealous of. However unconsciously.

In my mind, I don't think so.

I believe I just fictionalized their attraction to others, or maybe I was too aware of it - or had unrealistic expectations (too many movies, fictional ideals of "true love" etc.)

If someone is not in the mood they won't enjoy it. If she gives it up anyway then you're just masterbating with her body, and that's not right.

... is it ever OK to totally cut your spouse off from sex?
Is it even OK to say "no" more often than yes?
What if your spouse has a high sex drive and you don't.....
If she isn't getting enough, eventually she's going to get it somewhere else.

There's plenty of fish in the sea.

I went for "other" because of the verb "deny". That implies it's a commodity to be traded for a price. Sex is supposed to be a consensual gig. If it's done as a favor, such as "I'll mow your lawn while you're on vacation", then it has no meaning.

what if you grow "disinterested" in sex, and no amount of counseling has helped?
Then it is time to begin a self-improvement program of exercise, diet, and counseling.

Forum List

Back