Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

"stamp out"?

I'm atheist and have no respect for organized religion but post a link to where I have ever even hinted that I want to "stamp out" religion.

It seems that whenever a point is made that exposes hypocrisy, deception or some other unpleasant fact about religion some prick always accuses you of being a commie trying to stamp it out,, never mind if the point made is the irrefutable truth.

Unscrupulous bastards who do despicable things in the dark always hate the person who turns on the lights....
Agreed. Especially if they are militant atheists who claim to know more about religion than any person who is religious.

Militant? give me a break..

Most atheists do know more about other peoples religions than believers know about their own.

Believers don't like being schooled because its embarrassing. like a person suddenly realizing that the invisible clothes that they invested everything they had in were a sham and they have been prancing around in public completely naked for decades .

Its a simple as that.
I don't know about other religions but we were taught about other religions, so it was not hidden from us. Not that it really matters

Who is we?

"stamp out"?

I'm atheist and have no respect for organized religion but post a link to where I have ever even hinted that I want to "stamp out" religion.

It seems that whenever a point is made that exposes hypocrisy, deception or some other unpleasant fact about religion some prick always accuses you of being a commie trying to stamp it out,, never mind if the point made is the irrefutable truth.

Unscrupulous bastards who do despicable things in the dark always hate the person who turns on the lights....
Agreed. Especially if they are militant atheists who claim to know more about religion than any person who is religious.

Militant? give me a break..

Most atheists do know more about other peoples religions than believers know about their own.

Believers don't like being schooled because its embarrassing. like a person suddenly realizing that the invisible clothes that they invested everything they had in were a sham and they have been prancing around in public completely naked for decades .

Its a simple as that.
I don't know about other religions but we were taught about other religions, so it was not hidden from us. Not that it really matters

Who is we?
Me and the people at my old church...I'm no longer a member there (Southern Baptist)

I agree that most atheists ARE very knowledgeable about religion.

And as rightwinger pointed out, it does not require the knowledge that @Divine Wind implies he has.
Nice twist and attempt at a save, but your buddy already confirmed my post:

Its a simple as that.

What knowledge are you claiming I have, other than the proved one about atheists being know-it-alls?

How are atheists anymore "know it alls" than the religious folks? Lol!
Oh, they are not. What's hypocritical about them, and funny to boot, is that they think they are so superior when, in fact, they're just as obnoxious and idiotic as anyone else.

As I keep challenging them, they can't "school" me on my religion since they don't even know what it is. LOL

And as rightwinger pointed out, it does not require the knowledge that @Divine Wind implies he has.

Its a simple as that.

What knowledge are you claiming I have, other than the proved one about atheists being know-it-alls?

Oh, they are not. What's hypocritical about them, and funny to boot, is that they think they are so superior when, in fact, they're just as obnoxious and idiotic as anyone else.

As I keep challenging them, they can't "school" me on my religion since they don't even know what it is. LOL

Well, I think that at one time most atheists were religious folks or at least somewhat, who came to an epiphany or an awakening, like what is this shit? Lol! :)

Awesome that you are so comfortable wallowing in what you think you know.

The bottom line here is that, despite what the know-it-alls think or believe, they can't legislate thoughts or people's beliefs. If someone wants to believe adultery, homosexuality, pedophilia, bestiality, incest and masturbation are sins, that's their choice. If atheists want to believe we should pass laws allowing all of those things, they can try, but most voters will be against them for obvious reasons.

What are those obvious reasons if not the delusional beliefs that are contradicted by actual reality based on misinterpretations of ancient Jewish children's stories ?

Do you think it matters what religion you are when all religious beliefs devoid of logic, based on faith that requires a person to suspend disbelief, are all just religious flotsam from the confusion and superstitions of your gentile ancestors who knew nothing about Jewish thought, belief, traditional figurative language, or literary techniques and expressions used to educate children?
Nice blanket whitewash and full load of bovine excrement. Now prove your statements, sir...or have the spine to admit it's just your opinion.

For the record, you don't have a fucking clue as to my religious beliefs and you're simply pulling the "ancient Jewish children's stories" out of your ass where the rest of your thoughts reside.

Its a simple as that.

Well, I think that at one time most atheists were religious folks or at least somewhat, who came to an epiphany or an awakening, like what is this shit? Lol! :)
Possibly. I think it varies. As mentioned before, I used to be an atheist...but outgrew it. ;)

Its a simple as that.

Possibly. I think it varies. As mentioned before, I used to be an atheist...but outgrew it. ;)

I think it works the opposite for most people. They outgrow the fear of religion that was pounded into their brains as small children, the fear of gods, all mostly superstitious beliefs from ancient times, IMO.

It's never wrong to think anything. It's acting on thoughts that may or may not be a problem.

Too many fucking people (cough... cough... bed... cough... wetters... cough...) seem to lack any capacity to think at all.

If anything is wrong it's the failure to think.

I think it works the opposite for most people. They outgrow the fear of religion that was pounded into their brains as small children, the fear of gods, all mostly superstitious beliefs from ancient times, IMO.
Which is why I became an atheist; not the fear, but the non sequiturs pushed by Bible literalists in a world of science. It's common among intelligent teenagers to lose faith. What's less common is for those same intelligent people to not grow past both blind faith in a two thousand year old text (revised and edited by a group of white guys in 325AD) and the idea that there is nothing more to existence then what they see in front of their noses.

Which is why I became an atheist; not the fear, but the non sequiturs pushed by Bible literalists in a world of science. It's common among intelligent teenagers to lose faith. What's less common is for those same intelligent people to not grow past both blind faith in a two thousand year old text (revised and edited by a group of white guys in 325AD) and the idea that there is nothing more to existence then what they see in front of their noses.

I don't believe in gods. I'm sure the Greeks believed in their gods just as much as Christians of today believe. Whatever, as long as their beliefs don't infringe on anyone's rights, then they are free to believe as they choose.

That's

I take it you're one of those scientific types that believes the universe created itself and that life just magically appeared out of nowhere. Am I right?

That's

I take it you're one of those scientific types that believes the universe created itself and that life just magically appeared out of nowhere. Am I right?

I'm not really a "scientific" type. No. I do believe in evolution though, yes. There are mountains of evidence to support evolution.

That's

I'm not really a "scientific" type. No. I do believe in evolution though, yes. There are mountains of evidence to support evolution.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated, let alone the universe. It's easier for you to believe that the universe created itself than it is to believe it was created by a super-intellect, right? You're smug with arrogance yet you have as much or as little proof as anyone else as to how the universe and life came to be. Step back; you're not that smart.

That's

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated, let alone the universe. It's easier for you to believe that the universe created itself than it is to believe it was created by a super-intellect, right? You're smug with arrogance yet you have as much or as little proof as anyone else as to how the universe and life came to be. Step back; you're not that smart.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory

That's

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory

Evolution has some holes in it. But that's not really what we're discussing. Does evolution explain how the universe came to be? Does evolution explain how life came into existence. The answer to both is - no.

That's

I'm just giving my opinion on the matter like anyone else. I don't have to step back or do anything else for that matter. Get over yourself.

That's

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory

Evolution has some holes in it. But that's not really what we're discussing. Does evolution explain how the universe came to be? Does evolution explain how life came into existence. The answer to both is - no.

Yes. The answer is yes. An inconvenient truth for the religious peeps.

That's

I'm just giving my opinion on the matter like anyone else. I don't have to step back or do anything else for that matter. Get over yourself.

You don't have a theory. You just parrot mindless drivel that you've heard from your atheist masters. Get back to me when you can form an independent thought.

Forum List

Back