Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

I think it works the opposite for most people. They outgrow the fear of religion that was pounded into their brains as small children, the fear of gods, all mostly superstitious beliefs from ancient times, IMO.

That's
I think it works the opposite for most people. They outgrow the fear of religion that was pounded into their brains as small children, the fear of gods, all mostly superstitious beliefs from ancient times, IMO.

I take it you're one of those scientific types that believes the universe created itself and that life just magically appeared out of nowhere. Am I right?

I'm not really a "scientific" type. No. I do believe in evolution though, yes. There are mountains of evidence to support evolution.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated, let alone the universe. It's easier for you to believe that the universe created itself than it is to believe it was created by a super-intellect, right? You're smug with arrogance yet you have as much or as little proof as anyone else as to how the universe and life came to be. Step back; you're not that smart.

I'm just giving my opinion on the matter like anyone else. I don't have to step back or do anything else for that matter. Get over yourself.

You don't have a theory. You just parrot mindless drivel that you've heard from your atheist masters. Get back to me when you can form an independent thought.

My thoughts are all my own, thank you very much. I've given this subject MUCH thought since I was a child actually.

Oh, they are not. What's hypocritical about them, and funny to boot, is that they think they are so superior when, in fact, they're just as obnoxious and idiotic as anyone else.

As I keep challenging them, they can't "school" me on my religion since they don't even know what it is. LOL

Well, I think that at one time most atheists were religious folks or at least somewhat, who came to an epiphany or an awakening, like what is this shit? Lol! :)
Possibly. I think it varies. As mentioned before, I used to be an atheist...but outgrew it. ;)

Which is why I became an atheist; not the fear, but the non sequiturs pushed by Bible literalists in a world of science. It's common among intelligent teenagers to lose faith. What's less common is for those same intelligent people to not grow past both blind faith in a two thousand year old text (revised and edited by a group of white guys in 325AD) and the idea that there is nothing more to existence then what they see in front of their noses.

I don't believe in gods. I'm sure the Greeks believed in their gods just as much as Christians of today believe. Whatever, as long as their beliefs don't infringe on anyone's rights, then they are free to believe as they choose.
Agreed, a thought that applies to atheists stamping out religions or other "fairy tales".

That's
I take it you're one of those scientific types that believes the universe created itself and that life just magically appeared out of nowhere. Am I right?

I'm not really a "scientific" type. No. I do believe in evolution though, yes. There are mountains of evidence to support evolution.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated, let alone the universe. It's easier for you to believe that the universe created itself than it is to believe it was created by a super-intellect, right? You're smug with arrogance yet you have as much or as little proof as anyone else as to how the universe and life came to be. Step back; you're not that smart.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a Theory

Evolution has some holes in it. But that's not really what we're discussing. Does evolution explain how the universe came to be? Does evolution explain how life came into existence. The answer to both is - no.

Yes. The answer is yes. An inconvenient truth for the religious peeps.

Evolution explains how the universe came into existence? LMAO! Ok, no point in talking to a moron.

Well, I think that at one time most atheists were religious folks or at least somewhat, who came to an epiphany or an awakening, like what is this shit? Lol! :)
Possibly. I think it varies. As mentioned before, I used to be an atheist...but outgrew it. ;)

Which is why I became an atheist; not the fear, but the non sequiturs pushed by Bible literalists in a world of science. It's common among intelligent teenagers to lose faith. What's less common is for those same intelligent people to not grow past both blind faith in a two thousand year old text (revised and edited by a group of white guys in 325AD) and the idea that there is nothing more to existence then what they see in front of their noses.

I don't believe in gods. I'm sure the Greeks believed in their gods just as much as Christians of today believe. Whatever, as long as their beliefs don't infringe on anyone's rights, then they are free to believe as they choose.
Agreed, a thought that applies to atheists stamping out religions or other "fairy tales".

Stamping out? Well, maybe some of the more militant ones. Most atheists or agnostics would just like to have a rational discussion about the topic without the religious extremists going off the rails, accusing you of all kinds of ridiculous things. Lol.

I don't know. I guess I must be possessed by the devil or just born evil or something. Lol. ;) Or God just hates me maybe? Oh wait, maybe it's all been a test from the mighty god for me to prove my worthiness?

The theory of evolution makes a lot more sense to me than some big angry man who lives in the sky.

How did evolution create the universe?

How did a god create the universe? Since you seem to have all the answers. How does a big angry man in the sky controlling things make more sense than a natural occurrence?

You just said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. Now you don't want to talk about it. You're intellectually lazy, narrow-minded and disingenuous.

The theory of evolution makes a lot more sense to me than some big angry man who lives in the sky.

How did a god create the universe? Since you seem to have all the answers. How does a big angry man in the sky controlling things make more sense than a natural occurrence?

You just said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. Now you don't want to talk about it. You're intellectually lazy, narrow-minded and disingenuous.

Of course it explains everything that came into being, from the Big Bang theory to how human beings evolved. Didn't you learn any of these things in school?

Why so nasty anyways? I thought you religious folks were supposed to be nice and warm and welcoming and want to show us how "good" you all are? :D Nope, you may talk the talk but you certainly don't walk to walk, so let's talk about being disingenuous? Shall we?

Stamping out? Well, maybe some of the more militant ones. Most atheists or agnostics would just like to have a rational discussion about the topic without the religious extremists going off the rails, accusing you of all kinds of ridiculous things. Lol.

You're not interested in a "rationale" discussion. You're the one that sounds like a crazy soon, claiming evolution explains how the universe came to be and then, when called on it, you slither out of the conversation.

You're not interested in a "rationale" discussion. You're the one that sounds like a crazy soon, claiming evolution explains how the universe came to be and then, when called on it, you slither out of the conversation.

So do tell. How did the universe come into existence?

What is a crazy soon? :dunno:

Why so nasty anyways? I thought you religious folks were supposed to be nice and warm and welcoming and want to show us how "good" you all are? :D Nope, you may talk the talk but you certainly don't walk to walk, so let's talk about being disingenuous? Shall we?

You lack the intellectual acumen necessary for an interesting conversation.

You lack the intellectual acumen necessary for an interesting conversation.

Such hatefulness. The meek shall inherit the world! :lol:

Of course it explains everything that came into being, from the Big Bang theory to how human beings evolved. Didn't you learn any of these things in school?

You're a liar and a coward.

People need to be left alone to make their own choices in the matter. If they sin or are an abomination in the lord's sight that is between their god(s) and themselves. To attempt to force others find it acceptable is as bad as trying to get someone else to accept that drug addiction, alcoholism, prostitution and all the other traps that humans can fall into is good for you and all fine and dandy.

I think the open sexual society in your face shit is disgusting regardless of who is doing it.
Yea they will just go to hell and drown in a lake of fire.

No one knows. There was the Big Bang and everything sprang from that moment on. Why the Big Bang came to be is a mystery just like it's a mystery if there is anything outside of the Universe or multiverses.

No one knows. There was the Big Bang and everything sprang from that moment on. Why the Big Bang came to be is a mystery just like it's a mystery if there is anything outside of the Universe or multiverses.

You're going to have to really dumb it down a lot better than this for that dingbat to understand you.

Scroll up; what rightwinger and hobelim were proposing wasn't any more rational discussion than K9Buck calling you a liar and a coward.

Forum List

Back