Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

How so? I've asked you several times now to explain your theory about how the universe and human beings, etc., were created, but all you've done is call me stupid, a liar and a coward. Why all the name calling? Do you claim to be a good representation of your religion? Now, I'm still waiting for your own explanation about how the world came to be since you seem to say that those of us who believe in evolution are "stupid" "cowards" and "liars."

You've hurled countless insults at believers and when questioned you dishonestly claimed that evolution explains how the universe came into existence and, when called on it, you didn't want to talk about it. If you can laugh at others for believing that a super-intellect created the universe, then I can laugh at you for believing that the universe created itself.

When have I done this? YOu are delusional.

You're a fucking liar.
What part of the Bible is that from?

She said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. That is a lie.
More of a misunderstanding. That still doesn't explain why a self-avowed Christian would spread hate and call someone a fucking liar.

As for Evolution: An all powerful God can certainly cause the Big Bang almost 14 Billion years ago and know what fruit it would bear.

You've hurled countless insults at believers and when questioned you dishonestly claimed that evolution explains how the universe came into existence and, when called on it, you didn't want to talk about it. If you can laugh at others for believing that a super-intellect created the universe, then I can laugh at you for believing that the universe created itself.

You're a fucking liar.

She said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. That is a lie.
More of a misunderstanding. That still doesn't explain why a self-avowed Christian would spread hate and call someone a fucking liar.

A bad person. :D

You're a fucking liar.

Certainly very angry. :D

Yeah- because the 'progressives' are all out there 'killing' those they disagree with......

Just as its apparent that for the last 300 years Christians would rather just kill those who don't follow Christian rules.....

Christians haven't been murderous swine on a grand scale for two hundred years. .

Actually Christians have been murderous swine on a grand scale for centuries.

Meanwhile- who are those progressives in America you that are all killing those that they disagree with?
The most outrageous estimates for religious murders OF ALL RELIGIONS, is just over 10 million. Horrible no doubt, but they are pikers compared to you murderous swine.

I do love it when Christians like to proclaim "But we didn't murder as many millions as you did!"

I'm not a christian dumb ass. If anything I'm a pagan seeing's how my wife is Wiccan. I am however a student of history so have read far more about what scum, like the progressives, have done compared to the religious nutters of old. Like I said cupcake, you know so little it is truly amazing.

Okay- i believe you are not a christian dumb ass.

Tell me more about how this progressive scum- and the millions he murdered- or wanted to murder.

upload_2017-8-29_9-59-28.jpeg

You are apparently a 'partisan' student of history who has read a carefully filtered history certain not to upset your delicate sensibilities.

You're a fucking liar.

As for Evolution: An all powerful God can certainly cause the Big Bang almost 14 Billion years ago and know what fruit it would bear.

I think it was a natural occurrence. Nature is an amazing thing.

You're a fucking liar.

From whence did the Universe come?

You're a fucking liar.

Certainly very angry. :D

Probably just a cranky old man. :rolleyes:

Christians haven't been murderous swine on a grand scale for two hundred years. Progressive governments on the other hand have managed to murder orders of magnitude more people in less than 125 years, than all of the various religions have managed to murder over the last two THOUSAND years. Quite a group you associate with there, sport.

westwalls no.s, christian murdering swine - 200 years from 400 AD (4th century) to 2017 = 1417 years - westwalls, murdering progressives, 125 years ...

the proof isn't the number of people slain but for how long the injustice has continued that matters and for christians / (desert religions) their reign has continued uninterrupted from their beginning to the present day without the least amount of remorse or initiative to correct their errors.

westwalls progressives are nowhere today to be found.

Sure they are. Pol Pot and his favored defender chomskey are excellent examples of modern day progressives. You need to read more silly boy.

Tell us more about how Pol Pot is like President Obama silly snowflake.

You're a fucking liar.

I can't say, but I don't think it has anything to do with gods. :) Just because you can't explain something, that doesn't automatically attribute it to the work of Gods, as we have learned over our many years of existence. ;)

Progressives don't believe in allowing people the time to evolve. It is quite apparent that they would rather just kill them.

Yeah- because the 'progressives' are all out there 'killing' those they disagree with......

Just as its apparent that for the last 300 years Christians would rather just kill those who don't follow Christian rules.....

Christians haven't been murderous swine on a grand scale for two hundred years. .

Actually Christians have been murderous swine on a grand scale for centuries.

Meanwhile- who are those progressives in America you that are all killing those that they disagree with?

They were. Progressives like you have managed to murder well over 180 million people in the last 125 years. .

Progressives like me?

Tell me how I am like Joseph Stalin- a man raised to be Christian and whose mother wanted him to be a priest?

Tell me how I am like Adolf Hitler- another man raised in the Christian faith and who belonged to the Catholic Church until his death.

Please enlighten me. I am fascinated to find how I am like them in your opinion.

Still waiting for westwall to explain how I am like Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler.

Perhaps this is too big of a challenge.....

You're a fucking liar.

It created itself.

Signed,

A rationale, logically thinking atheist

:clap2:

I believe it goes something like, "judge not, lest ye be judged".

We choose and discipline our own personal behavior. The moment we start exporting that to choosing and controlling other people's behavior, the sinkhole yawns. And there's the pitfall of preachy punitive-style religion.
It also goes like this, 'a spiritual man judges all things'. That is because the 'spiritual human' is aware that people in judgment are subjecting themselves to the ills of the worldly things.

Well so much for "Judge not lest you be judged", which is what Jesus said. Jesus also said "Let those among you who are without sin, cast the first stone".

The Lord told us to love one another and not to judge others. Some people seem to think He wasn't talking about them. They're perfectly free to judge, to discriminate, and to shun.

I try to show kindness and compassion to all. Even those who don't believe as I do.
GOD doesn't want us to apply our own standards to judge people. GOD wants us to use HIS standards as spelled out scripturally. The entire issue concerning homosexual marriage is founded upon governmental/secular values that are contrary to GOD's standards. And now the government is slowly forcing their standards on people who practice God's higher standards in an effort to undermined those religious beliefs.

God doesn't want US to judge anyone. That's his job. Jesus spent his life among social outcasts, helping leppars, sinners, the poor, the sick and those the priests and the religious leaders cast out or ignored, and urged his followers to do the same.

He also said "Love one another as I have loved you". He didn't put qualifiers on that. He didn't say "Love the righteous", or "Love people who are of your race", or even "Love good people". He said "Love one another".

Most of the people posting here are willing to be tolerant, at best. That's not what Jesus said. He also said "That what did not do for the least of my brothers and sisters, you did not do for me".

Every kindness I have ever done, has come back to me ten or twenty fold. Every unselfish deed has been rewarded even when none was asked for. I can't imagine going through life telling others they're on their own in times of trouble. When I say "If there's anything I can do to help" I genuinely mean it.

Thats the way I was raised and it's how I choose to live my life.

JOY!
I'm sorry but Jesus also stated that as He was hated, so too, His followers would be hated for their righteousness. When the owners of photography studios, bed and breakfasts, and bakeries are faced with exorbitant fines simply because they reject Homosexuality as a bases for marriage on the grounds of their CHRISTIAN CONVICTIONS, one can only imagine that there is enough judgement originating from many directions, and not all of it is biblically inspired. Where is the freedom of religion? Where is the tolerance of Christian ideals?

Christians were instructed in the New Testament to follow the law.

Very explicitly- yet nowhere in the Bible does it tell Christians not to serve homosexuals.

Yet- Christian disobey the very explicit guidance of the Bible- and have chosen to break the law- in the name of Christianity.

Why do you believe Christians should be exempt from the law?

Romans 13New Century Version (NCV)
Christians Should Obey the Law
13 All of you must yield to the government rulers. No one rules unless God has given him the power to rule, and no one rules now without that power from God. 2 So those who are against the government are really against what God has commanded. And they will bring punishment on themselves. 3 Those who do right do not have to fear the rulers; only those who do wrong fear them. Do you want to be unafraid of the rulers? Then do what is right, and they will praise you. 4 The ruler is God’s servant to help you. But if you do wrong, then be afraid. He has the power to punish; he is God’s servant to punish those who do wrong. 5 So you must yield to the government, not only because you might be punished, but because you know it is right.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

Actually the worst thing is this.

The Bible says things about Homosexuality, and this means that homosexuals shouldn't be considered first class citizens.

The Bible also says things about divorce and many other things, yet the religious people seem to ignore this.
Everyone does not ignore this --- though I'm sure homosexuals do.

President Trump
Adulterer.
Married and divorced twice.

Your dear leader ignored this- and you voted for him.

"stamp out"?

I'm atheist and have no respect for organized religion but post a link to where I have ever even hinted that I want to "stamp out" religion.

It seems that whenever a point is made that exposes hypocrisy, deception or some other unpleasant fact about religion some prick always accuses you of being a commie trying to stamp it out,, never mind if the point made is the irrefutable truth.

Unscrupulous bastards who do despicable things in the dark always hate the person who turns on the lights....
Agreed. Especially if they are militant atheists who claim to know more about religion than any person who is religious.

Militant? give me a break..

Most atheists do know more about other peoples religions than believers know about their own.

Believers don't like being schooled because its embarrassing. like a person suddenly realizing that the invisible clothes that they invested everything they had in were a sham and they have been prancing around in public completely naked for decades .

Its a simple as that.
I don't know about other religions but we were taught about other religions, so it was not hidden from us. Not that it really matters

What I am talking about isn't really about what you believed or don't believe. If you read a story where a talking serpent is introduced and don't immediately understand that it is a metaphor for a type of human being but instead imagine an invisible disembodied malevolent entity from another dimension speaking through a snake or dismiss the entire thing as some imaginary mythological creature the teaching is just as effectively kept from your comprehension as if was locked in a vault and buried 12 feet under a vast and featureless field.

so it doesn't matter at all what you believe about it if what you believe or don't believe is't even what the story is about.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?

I didn't support Gay Marriage because I don't believe governments should be in the business of defining what IS or ISN'T a marriage between two consenting adults. I think it sets a very dangerous precedent to establish legal marriage, sanctioned by government, on the basis of sexual proclivities..

I don't quite get that- since the government has been in the business of defining marriage for quite a long time before same sex couples wanted to be legally married too.

If you just oppose state controlled legal marriage- then oppose that- not just when it includes same gender couples.

I believe there is a difference between 'legal marriage' and 'religious marriage'. Some people just want the benefits from marriage (economic) while others want to make a vow to each other, their families, and their God if they so believe or choose AND have the legal advantages of marriage.

To me they can be two different things. The government doesn't care if you love each other or anything like that.... it's just a job to do.... another paper to file....

I agree with you. That wasn't the point of my post which was a response to someone else- but I agree with you.

It created itself.

Signed,

A rationale, logically thinking atheist
LOL Yes, that does seem to be the prevailing atheist theory although a secondary one is "It just popped into existence on its own just like presents under the Christmas tree".

What do you think?

Actually the worst thing is this.

The Bible says things about Homosexuality, and this means that homosexuals shouldn't be considered first class citizens.

The Bible also says things about divorce and many other things, yet the religious people seem to ignore this.
Everyone does not ignore this --- though I'm sure homosexuals do.

President Trump
Adulterer.
Married and divorced twice.

Your dear leader ignored this- and you voted for him.

And the alternative was Hillary "The Abortionist" Clinton who should have been indicted but skated under Barry and who had been selling out the country for years. Trump was a no-brainer choice.

"stamp out"?

I'm atheist and have no respect for organized religion but post a link to where I have ever even hinted that I want to "stamp out" religion.

It seems that whenever a point is made that exposes hypocrisy, deception or some other unpleasant fact about religion some prick always accuses you of being a commie trying to stamp it out,, never mind if the point made is the irrefutable truth.

Unscrupulous bastards who do despicable things in the dark always hate the person who turns on the lights....
Agreed. Especially if they are militant atheists who claim to know more about religion than any person who is religious.

Militant? give me a break..

Most atheists do know more about other peoples religions than believers know about their own.

Believers don't like being schooled because its embarrassing. like a person suddenly realizing that the invisible clothes that they invested everything they had in were a sham and they have been prancing around in public completely naked for decades .

Its a simple as that.
I don't know about other religions but we were taught about other religions, so it was not hidden from us. Not that it really matters

What I am talking about isn't really about what you believed or don't believe. If you read a story where a talking serpent is introduced and don't immediately understand that it is a metaphor for a type of human being but instead imagine an invisible disembodied malevolent entity from another dimension speaking through a snake or dismiss the entire thing as some imaginary mythological creature the teaching is just as effectively kept from your comprehension as if was locked in a vault and buried 12 feet under a vast and featureless field.

so it doesn't matter at all what you believe about it if what you believe or don't believe is't even what the story is about.
Written like a 17 year old soon-to-be Senior in High School. I'm sure you know it all, kid.

What do you think?

I didn't support Gay Marriage because I don't believe governments should be in the business of defining what IS or ISN'T a marriage between two consenting adults. I think it sets a very dangerous precedent to establish legal marriage, sanctioned by government, on the basis of sexual proclivities..

I don't quite get that- since the government has been in the business of defining marriage for quite a long time before same sex couples wanted to be legally married too.

If you just oppose state controlled legal marriage- then oppose that- not just when it includes same gender couples.

I believe there is a difference between 'legal marriage' and 'religious marriage'. Some people just want the benefits from marriage (economic) while others want to make a vow to each other, their families, and their God if they so believe or choose AND have the legal advantages of marriage.

To me they can be two different things. The government doesn't care if you love each other or anything like that.... it's just a job to do.... another paper to file....
Yes, I want gays to have the same RIGHTS as a husband and wife but not under Gods law of man and woman SPIRITUALLY. Give them rights with MANS law so they are not cut off from those they love with things they bought and shared together as a couple. Just don't call it marriage. It isn't. Its a civil RIGHT. And should be. But also not force people of different faiths to be pc and say oh sure its ok when to them..its not.

That probably didn't make sense. It's the wee hours and my brain is shutting down. It made sense to me, so....there ya go! :lol:

No one is forcing any religion to marry anyone that they don't want to marry. Nor is anyone forcing any religion to say that homosexuality is okay- or that adultery is okay.

But yes- we will call it marriage- since that is what we call it when two people are legally joined together.

Forum List

Back