Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

Not necessarily, but, yes, "creation" can imply a creator. What would you call it? "The Beginning? Either way there is still the question of "why?"
the beginning implies it began

thats not scientifically n'or philosophically proven.

the universe as we know it collapses to a singularity if we look at the signatures of its past - but the singularity is not necessarily its beginning

Were you there? No? God made the world and all that's in it.

Prove me wrong.

Go>
i dont have to prove you wrong if you dont prove you right.

there'd be as much to talk about if you said willy wonka did it.

So you have no evidence aye?

I'm going to say everything works just a little too well in unison and harmony for things to be a coincidence.

All the cells and plants and animals, fish, everything.
no evidence of what?

and too well in comparison to what...you have no other universe to look at and compare this one to, so.i dont know what you base "well" on? your butt??

the universe as we know it now is BILLIONS of years from its singularity, and beings cant even live longer than a millisecond in comparison to that.......that we know of. is that efficiency???

i dunno, i see no evidence that thats efficient.

Hokay, glad to know you're the judge of all that. :rolleyes:

I don't think your deck was poorly built.

That wood came from somewhere. Or is it composite?

Screws and saws and all that came from somewhere too.

I still have my grandpas handsaw miter box, baby.

"In the beginning" suggests a fairy tale just like "once upon a time".....
it also suggests we know something that we dont

How many of you are there?
in terms of my awareness, or in terms of physical reality.....or in terms of digital reality.....?

its either a malformed question, or.an unanswerable one.

either way, its beyond anyone ive met's power to answer

Whenever someone speaks of themselves in the plural I notice. They are either speaking for a crowd or think of themselves as royalty. Either way the prognosis isn't very good.

It seems that a self-negating multiplicity is sitting in the place where an individual identity should be.

In case you really don't know, you are one person with one mind..Take charge of your own life. clean house.
prove that im one person with one mind.

prove im not a computer.

prove im not a program.

prove im not being operated, by several.....

youre taking leaps as well ~ and mine was merely a freakin expression.
Just an expression?

why not try to express your self without any "we" or "us"..

If you find that it is difficult, you probably should take it seriously..

From where I stand you appear to be slowly disintegrating into nothingness.

the universe as we know it collapses to a singularity if we look at the signatures of its past - but the singularity is not necessarily its beginning

Prove me wrong.

Go>

I'm going to say everything works just a little too well in unison and harmony for things to be a coincidence.

no evidence of what?

and too well in comparison to what...you have no other universe to look at and compare this one to, so.i dont know what you base "well" on? your butt??

the universe as we know it now is BILLIONS of years from its singularity, and beings cant even live longer than a millisecond in comparison to that.......that we know of. is that efficiency???

i didnt judge anything

i said ive got nothing to base a judgment on......to judge the harmony of nature....

i said compared to what??

youre the one judging

youre the one that called it.harmonious

im the one saying

we can only judge that in comparison to what??? ourselves???? thats illogical

What makes your god any more "real" than . . . ?

zeus-sam-10-638.jpg
When people put specific attributes, characteristics or history to a "god", then you are correct. When using the term as an all powerful force that is both beyond the Universe, a force of creation and threads its way throughout our Universe, then it becomes a universal term.

What would you call such a force? Add it to the list of "the Nine Billion Names of God". :)

in terms of my awareness, or in terms of physical reality.....or in terms of digital reality.....?

its either a malformed question, or.an unanswerable one.

either way, its beyond anyone ive met's power to answer

Whenever someone speaks of themselves in the plural I notice. They are either speaking for a crowd or think of themselves as royalty. Either way the prognosis isn't very good.

It seems that a self-negating multiplicity is sitting in the place where an individual identity should be.

In case you really don't know, you are one person with one mind..Take charge of your own life. clean house.
prove that im one person with one mind.

prove im not a computer.

prove im not a program.

prove im not being operated, by several.....

youre taking leaps as well ~ and mine was merely a freakin expression.
Just an expression?

why not try to express your self without any "we" or "us"..

If you find that it is difficult, you probably should take it seriously..

From where I stand you appear to be slowly disintegrating into nothingness.
thats so sanctimonious and useless of a post, jesus titty fucking CHRIST

Creation obviously exists. Now prove what created Creation.
That's not what you asked. You said, there's no evidence on why it does exist. I said there is. Now you are changing it to what created Creation.

Can I use something you create as evidence? If so, what are the things I could learn from it?
The why part is still missing. There is no evidence of "why". The Universe obviously exists and it's existence can be traced back to the Big Bang, but not the why nor what caused the Big Bang. Your theory of tunnels is interesting, but unproved. Not to mention it doesn't say where that tunnel originated.
the term creation itself is a misnomer, as it presupposes a creator

"just is" is a possibility that cannot be scientifically, nor philosophically taken off of the table ~ and so calling the universe a 'creation' is a fallacy.
Not necessarily, but, yes, "creation" can imply a creator. What would you call it? "The Beginning? Either way there is still the question of "why?"

The Big Bang was the beginning of our Universe, but agreed, not necessarily the beginning of the singularity. Since it was there before space and time began, then the only proper term is that it was there for eternity. It's an area we can't explore scientifically as we can what happened at the moment of the Big Bang.

"just is" is a possibility that cannot be scientifically, nor philosophically taken off of the table ~ and so calling the universe a 'creation' is a fallacy.

"In the beginning" suggests a fairy tale just like "once upon a time".....

In general, I agree on the use of "we", but in this context, I take it as "the wealth of human knowledge" as in "We, the human race".

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
That's not what you asked. You said, there's no evidence on why it does exist. I said there is. Now you are changing it to what created Creation.

Can I use something you create as evidence? If so, what are the things I could learn from it?
The why part is still missing. There is no evidence of "why". The Universe obviously exists and it's existence can be traced back to the Big Bang, but not the why nor what caused the Big Bang. Your theory of tunnels is interesting, but unproved. Not to mention it doesn't say where that tunnel originated.

The Big Bang was the beginning of our Universe, but agreed, not necessarily the beginning of the singularity. Since it was there before space and time began, then the only proper term is that it was there for eternity. It's an area we can't explore scientifically as we can what happened at the moment of the Big Bang.
its fun though

i like the way the ego clouds these discussions almost inevitably, hell even mine

but ill never give up and say fuck it, religion :)

Prove me wrong.

Go>

no evidence of what?

i didnt judge anything

i said ive got nothing to base a judgment on......to judge the harmony of nature....

youre the one judging

im the one saying

Dude, stop trying to go deep when you belong in the kiddie pool, k?

I'm shoving you in the shallow water now.

Me? I can swim. I can go to the bottom and come up again.

I can even even push a sunken Johnboat up from the bottom and have.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
Of course it is. Just don't get your sins mixed up with government and it's all good.

no evidence of what?

i didnt judge anything

youre the one judging

im the one saying

you dont know me, just cuz i joke around in the flame zone doesnt mean i dont have an education and ponder existence itself, einstein

either try and stick to the discussion or buzz off....my post was legitimate and all it did to your brain was elicit a dunce like middle school response instead of a well thought out one

whats that tell anyone, do you suppose?

when you said that nature seems harmonious, i said in comparison to what...

are you mad at that question??

why???

ask yourself, not me.

the universe is billions of years old. humans live to be 70 something. sounds pretty volatile, the nature we're experiencing.

thats just my opinion based on time....the 4th dimension

whats yours in comparison to??

All we know is that space and time began at the Big Bang. Current evidence points strongly to a "Big Chill" end to the Universe, death by entropy, not a "Big Crunch" AKA Oscillating Universe as previously postulated.

there are other options for compaction, matter in unison will return to its origin, the previous Singularity, without ever changing direction traversing in expansion at a finite angle trajectory, to recompact creating a new Singularity proving BB a cyclical event not related to time.
The evidence at present points to an ever expanding universe unable to collapse and begin anew due to Dark Matter and Dark Energy. In short, the jury is still out on how the Universe will end.

no evidence of what?

i didnt judge anything

youre the one judging

im the one saying

you dont know me, just cuz i joke around in the flame zone doesnt mean i dont have an education and ponder existence itself, einstein

either try and stick to the discussion or buzz off....my post was legitimate and all it did to your brain was elicit a dunce like middle school response instead of a well thought out one

why???

ask yourself, not me.

the universe is billions of years old. humans live to be 70 something. sounds pretty volatile, the nature we're experiencing.

You're really out there, G.T. What proof do you have that our world is billions of years old?

You witnessed it? No?

Rely on some scientist to tell you? What?

6 out of 7 engineers I know go to church every Sunday.

That includes my Japanese friend that's a civil engineer in Ohio. We used to have great fun, climbing walls and things.

It also includes the president of the "Engineer society of America" or something like that.

If we are incapable of understanding things, why is that limited to what we perceive as "science"?

People have no problem believing in evil forces, ghosts etc. Why not a supreme being?
1) We have brains and the Universe has set laws. Regardless of our actual origin, it seems to be a good idea to use our brains to understand the Universe.

2) Agreed about "evil forces". I see too many "Christians" who are quick to say something is the work of the Devil but not accept something as the will of God.

no evidence of what?

i didnt judge anything

youre the one judging

im the one saying

why???

ask yourself, not me.

You're really out there, G.T. What proof do you have that our world is billions of years old?

You witnessed it? No?

That includes my Japanese friend that's a civil engineer in Ohio. We used to have great fun, climbing walls and things.
the confirmation bias of who goes to church and why doesnt really tell me anything...literally at all, about the origins of...existence itself

what proof do i have regarding the age of the universe? that starts with the speed of light. i didnt calculate it myself, but i know that its used in the real world to make many, many things work and so in terms of the reality im experiencing, and i cant speak for you....
.but for me, the calculation for the speed of light seems legit......

and from that, many folks across a variety of disciplines are able to determine the age of the universe in its current state...

not like....just one guy, and everyone simply believes him

no evidence of what?

i didnt judge anything

youre the one judging

im the one saying

why???

ask yourself, not me.

You witnessed it? No?

It also includes the president of the "Engineer society of America" or something like that.
The age of the universe is pretty well established by the same type of people who proved the Moon isn't made of cheese. Putting it into a Western/John Wayne context, it's like a tracker being able to tell how old a campfire is or a hoof-print. The tracker didn't have to witness the campfire being built or dying out nor the horse that left the print in order to know how old it is.

WMAP- Age of the Universe

How Old is the Universe?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
G.T. How is it the cycle of life works so well in perpetuation without someone setting it up?
i didnt say nobody set it up
i also didnt say someone did
and i also dont know the universal "how" it all works..

but i do know, logically.......that simply because im ignorant of that "how," doesnt then necessarily mean "god/creator,etc"

thats not rational thinking....not the logic ive ever heard taught.

ive never seen a creator rationally proven
ive never seen a creator rationally disproven

but i can rationally say why i dont know of any, and havent seen any rational or obligatory reasoning to believe in any creator, and especially one of the ones born of our religions

i have these talks to double check i didnt miss that rationale....somewhere.

Forum List

Back