Is John Bolton Manipulating Trump to Attack Iran ?

No. Missiles on Iranian ships and threats to attack Americans in the region is what provoked America's actions.

Same lies, different liars.

August 4, 1964

My fellow Americans: - As President and Commander in Chief, it is my duty to the American people to report that renewed hostile actions against United States ships on the high seas in the Gulf of Tonkin have today required me to order the military forces of the United States to take action in reply.

The initial attack on the destroyer Maddox, on August 2, was repeated today by a number of hostile vessels attacking two U.S. destroyers with torpedoes. The destroyers and supporting aircraft acted at once on the orders I gave after the initial act of aggression. We believe at least two of the attacking boats were sunk. There were no U.S. losses.”

Bolton has expressed a desire to attack Iran so many times his appointment to this administration was provocative in itself. I can see him now whispering in Trump's ear things like: Presidents who start wars get reelected.

Hell no. The only way we would attack Iran is if they attacked us.

Right, just like you were attacked by Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Venezuela....
They would be stupid to do so because we could turn that country into a glass parking lot and they know it.

That's not an option, radioactive oil would make a lot of people very unhappy

:coffee:

Think about what you posted. You think Trump would start a war over oil??

We have enough oil in the US and don't need Iran's oil.

We also have oil off the coast of Cali and Florida.

Get real.

No. Missiles on Iranian ships and threats to attack Americans in the region is what provoked America's actions.

August 4, 1964

My fellow Americans: - As President and Commander in Chief, it is my duty to the American people to report that renewed hostile actions against United States ships on the high seas in the Gulf of Tonkin have today required me to order the military forces of the United States to take action in reply.

The initial attack on the destroyer Maddox, on August 2, was repeated today by a number of hostile vessels attacking two U.S. destroyers with torpedoes. The destroyers and supporting aircraft acted at once on the orders I gave after the initial act of aggression. We believe at least two of the attacking boats were sunk. There were no U.S. losses.”
You don't know it's lies and you can't prove it's lies either.

I'll trust what the president said. Seems to me every other claim he's ever made about being spied on and such have all been proven true. I think he knows what he's talking about.

Folks..we did this dance once in this century already.

Iraq

And it did not work out well

The simplistic, paranoid interpretation of what’s happening with Iran — wherein the U.S. is floating plans for an invasion and hyping intelligence of Iranian attacks — is that ultrahawkish aides are trying to manipulate their toddler president into war. Unfortunately, there is a lot of evidence suggesting this interpretation is correct.

The driving force is national security adviser John Bolton. During the Bush administration, Bolton sought without success to ramp up conflict with Iran. President Trump hired Bolton because he liked his tough-talking Fox News persona, but made him promise when he took the national security adviser job not to start any wars. Trump has repeatedly expressed his concern in private that Bolton is in fact trying to start wars, especially with Iran.
Is John Bolton Manipulating Trump to Attack Iran?

The voice of sanity as usual, Bernie Sanders;

Sanders introduces petition to prohibit war with Iran without Congress' approval

Same thing he did to Bush II. And hell, Bush II is a lot smarter than Trump.

August 4, 1964

You don't know it's lies and you can't prove it's lies either.

I'll trust what the president said. Seems to me every other claim he's ever made about being spied on and such have all been proven true. I think he knows what he's talking about.
I know the history of the liars who purport this to be true.

The simplistic, paranoid interpretation of what’s happening with Iran — wherein the U.S. is floating plans for an invasion and hyping intelligence of Iranian attacks — is that ultrahawkish aides are trying to manipulate their toddler president into war. Unfortunately, there is a lot of evidence suggesting this interpretation is correct.

The driving force is national security adviser John Bolton. During the Bush administration, Bolton sought without success to ramp up conflict with Iran. President Trump hired Bolton because he liked his tough-talking Fox News persona, but made him promise when he took the national security adviser job not to start any wars. Trump has repeatedly expressed his concern in private that Bolton is in fact trying to start wars, especially with Iran.
Is John Bolton Manipulating Trump to Attack Iran?

The voice of sanity as usual, Bernie Sanders;

Sanders introduces petition to prohibit war with Iran without Congress' approval

Same thing he did to Bush II. And hell, Bush II is a lot smarter than Trump.

Really? Because it only took shrub 2 years to shove off to the never ending middle east adventure. Bush was an idiot.

You Libtards need a life.
No...

They're on the right track, for once...

It is our duty as Citizens of the Republic to question both our leadership and their polices...

It is doubly-incumbent upon our Citizens to question the rationale for war, or war preparations...

In light of the Republican-led fabrication of a casus belli in the lead-up to the Iraq War, it is an imperative.

In light of the embarrassingly-obvious Liar-in-Chief and his endless falsehoods, it is a National Necessity.

Think about what you posted. You think Trump would start a war over oil??

Nah, individual 1 is just trying to please Netanyahoo but I don't think he really wants war, that's the neocon psychopath with the mustache and his buddy Pompeo.
We have enough oil in the US and don't need Iran's oil.

We also have oil off the coast of Cali and Florida.

And it's not about need but about control of the oil (price). Even if the insane orange clown doesn't care about that there are enough others who do... they have a lot of influence and when they're not happy the campaign bribes donations stop flowing...
Get real.

Reality is overrated these days

:popcorn:

Really? Because it only took shrub 2 years to shove off to the never ending middle east adventure. Bush was an idiot.

Bush II's problem is that he was naive and trusting of his advisers.
No, he gave that impression but his daddy served as consigliere. Congressman, VP, POTUS, CIA director, the boy wasn’t naive, he was trained.

Even the elder Bush understood why taking out Saddam was a bad idea.

Forum List

Back