Zone1 is there anything you like about the Catholic church?

Nor should it be. They can all be butterflies for all I care. At the end of the day, it's just a cry for help so to speak. A big red flashing light that they are tortured.
I kind of agree. I reject demands to be PC.

But outside of this Board, I feel little need to be rude and obnoxious to people in the real world.

But outside of this Board, I feel little need to be rude and obnoxious to people in the real world.
Live and let live. I think it's between them and God. None of my business unless they make it my business.

So God has decided under what conditions a sin warrants going to hell ("God's judgment") and he decides what a mortal sin is (also "God's judgment") ..... so if the Pope cannot amend "God's judgment" (your own statement, just here above) then who decided that eating meat on a Friday is no longer a mortal sin? Was it you?

:ssex:
To reiterate: A sin is considered to be mortal when one is willfully and with full consent doing something with the intent of separating oneself from God. It is what is in the heart that matters--and it is only God who can read the heart.
What happened to the Friday meat consumption? Did you forget or are you side-stepping ..... again? Anyway, you are contradicting yourself and being dishonest as well, either intentionally or by superstitious befuddlement. No surprise in either case because that is the CULTIST's modus operandi. It's in the definition I'm sure. :cool:

My joy of wielding emojis against you is proportional to how much ridicule I can inflict. The proof is in your reaction so ..... thanks for the confirmation. :)
This has dunning effect written all over it.
As long as I hit the mark ..... :spank:
Do you know the code for the emoji's by heart or do you have to search for them manually?.
That information is on a "need-to-know" basis. :blues:

What happened to the Friday meat consumption? Did you forget or are you side-stepping ..... again? Anyway, you are contradicting yourself and being dishonest as well, either intentionally or by superstitious befuddlement. No surprise in either case because that is the CULTIST's modus operandi. It's in the definition I'm sure.
I don't know what is so confusing. At one time fish was less expensive than meat and in alliance with the poor, the Church designated a day where we all ate fish. These days a dish without either meat or fish might align more with the poor.

During Lent, Catholics are still asked to fast and abstain and to give to the poor. And this is also encouraged throughout the year. None of this was ever about, "Let's make a rule, and then toss people into hell for not following it." It was and is about brotherhood and love of one's fellow man.

The only thing I can think of is the beautiful cathedrals. And the stained glass windows. :dunno:

That is not true. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Judaism has an everlasting Covenant with God, and Islam has a covenant as well.

Catholic teaching is that it teaches the Way of salvation Jesus taught, and so it guarantees this Way will lead to salvation. The Church has not the authority to announce that Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. also are ways of salvation, because in his teaching, Jesus made no mention of these. Therefore, people of all other faiths--and of no faith--are left in the hands of God who is loving and merciful.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church also teaches that the Church does not know who--if anyone--is in hell. Finally, the Church teaches God does not throw anyone into hell. Hell is a choice people make to stay apart from God for all eternity.
Islam does think Jesus is God,

I don't know what is so confusing. At one time fish was less expensive than meat ....
Still side-stepping, I see. You are seriously hoping the issue will disappear. But alas! It won’t :nono: The CULT of Catholicism is being exposed and nailed to the cross (figuratively speaking) while you stand by wringing your hands in distress. You want me to believe that God - whose judgment cannot be amended says you - decided it was a mortal sin to eat meat on a Friday and consequently burn in hell forever and ever. Hossanah in the highest! But then he changed his mind! It’s a miracle befitting a CULT of Superstition. And you claim that you “don't know what is so confusing”. Jesus, Mary, and Josef! :laugh:

Is this another one of those Trinity things? Allah, Mohammad, and Jehusus. "It's THREE!" "It's ONE!" :aargh:

No. A proton is for example one of this "trinity"=triune things. The more you like to seperate one of the three quarks of a proton the higher is the energy which binds them together. Or the space on its own is one of the trinity=triune things. You can step forward-backward, you can go left-right, you can jump up and down - but all around you is only space.

You are fortunatelly an atheist who has not to believe this. So continue to run with your head against walls and ask yourselve why all people are so stupid not to see that there is no way. Or you step just simple back and try to take a look first at the advertising pillar in your way. Then pass it left or right.

Last edited:
I don't know what is so confusing. At one time fish was less expensive than meat and in alliance with the poor, the Church designated a day where we all ate fish. These days a dish without either meat or fish might align more with the poor.

During Lent, Catholics are still asked to fast and abstain and to give to the poor. And this is also encouraged throughout the year. None of this was ever about, "Let's make a rule, and then toss people into hell for not following it." It was and is about brotherhood and love of one's fellow man.

The basic rule was and is: "Fluids do not break the fast." I suggest by the way to all Muslims also to use this rule. Not to drink during fast is extremely dangerous.

And do not forget that the people in former times had to work hard every day - also when they did fast. This explains very well the developement of "fluid bread" = beer. And this explains very well why fish - and other creatures who lived in water - had been defined to be seen in the same way like water. This had many positive consequences. You said it: Fish was also available for poor people. It is indeed very effective to produce fish for food. And in general this meant also a better balanced nutrition for everyone. In general ate the people in former times much less meat as they are doing today. Traditionally only on two days a week. Not to eat meat at Friday was only a problem for the very rich people - and was also very good for their health.

Last edited:

Somehow it's like in a middle age city here. There they had a rude speech - but in most cases a golden heart. I fear the golden heart is what most people are missing today in the internet. On the other side: The internet is odourless. About middle age cities was said "City air sets you free". But here you find many desperated slaves of ideologies who live continously in the fear they could be wrong - because they know in their own hearts that they are really wrong. So they block what their hearts say to them because it feels better to be a slave and not to be responsible (=to be free). This "stinks" like decay.

Last edited:
Still side-stepping, I see. You are seriously hoping the issue will disappear. But alas! It won’t :nono: The CULT of Catholicism is being exposed and nailed to the cross (figuratively speaking) while you stand by wringing your hands in distress. You want me to believe that God - whose judgment cannot be amended says you - decided it was a mortal sin to eat meat on a Friday and consequently burn in hell forever and ever. Hossanah in the highest! But then he changed his mind! It’s a miracle befitting a CULT of Superstition. And you claim that you “don't know what is so confusing”. Jesus, Mary, and Josef! :laugh:
Why so angry?

There is no issue.
You're side-stepping all the way. When confronted with SUPERSTITIOUS Catholic indoctrination you rely on cowardice and deception and hope you can change the subject and quickly slip out the rear exit. This is why so many people have turned to Atheism and Agnosticism for guidance through life. :26:

When confronted
You haven't been confronting me. You have been presenting the way you see things, and that's fine. I wish people better understood both the Bible and the Catechism of the Catholic Church, but that takes a lot of time and a lot of effort.

It appears our discussion has reached the point where one presents a recipe and one presents NFL scores.

You're side-stepping all the way. When confronted with SUPERSTITIOUS Catholic indoctrination you rely on cowardice and deception and hope you can change the subject and quickly slip out the rear exit. This is why so many people have turned to Atheism and Agnosticism for guidance through life. :26:
You haven't been confronting me. ....
Some guy on this forum actually said he thinks you are knowledgeable! Now's a good time for you to toss him a compliment. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back