Is "Water" a Human Right?

Is "Water" a Human Right? The Constitution protects the "General Welfare". I've heard 101 thing's that don't apply to that "General Welfare of People" ruling that we can't ask our ancestors about...........but NOTHING is more "General Welfare" than water. I can live without everything else longer.

Discuss perspectives.

'Water Is a Human Right': Advocates Call for End to Detroit Water Shutoffs

Guns are a freedom. But water isn't, because no one in their right mind ever thought it would be necessary....

Water is not a right but it is a necessity much like food and fire.

The problem didn't begin today with people in cities now demanding water be a right it began years ago when they gave up their water rights to the government in exchange for water delivered much more easily and for a fee. And so decades later the same government you handed your water rights off to for conveinience is going broke and now you just demand it for free. It's the system of government control you asked for. Why are you complaining?

The city of Detroit is bankrupt. Yet you have all of their city water union employees demanding their paychecks, you demand they provide not only water but keep up the infrastructure to do so without people actually paying the bills.

And once you make this water supply a human right who exactly is going to pay for it? Once it becomes a right and can't be denied those that are currently paying will stop. So now you have a union shop demanding ridiculous wages and retirement packages for providing a service nobody is willing to pay for. So how do you provide this so called "right"?

Is "Water" a Human Right? The Constitution protects the "General Welfare". I've heard 101 thing's that don't apply to that "General Welfare of People" ruling that we can't ask our ancestors about...........but NOTHING is more "General Welfare" than water. I can live without everything else longer.

Discuss perspectives.

Guns are a freedom. But water isn't, because no one in their right mind ever thought it would be necessary....

One day, sometime in the future, the real question about water rights will concern states in the south wanting to siphon off water from the Great Lakes. Water is a resource that could actually bring about the end of the United States. Not saying it is likely, but it most definitely is a possibility.

Discuss perspectives.

The problem didn't begin today with people in cities now demanding water be a right it began years ago when they gave up their water rights to the government in exchange for water delivered much more easily and for a fee. And so decades later the same government you handed your water rights off to for conveinience is going broke and now you just demand it for free. It's the system of government control you asked for. Why are you complaining?

The city of Detroit is bankrupt. Yet you have all of their city water union employees demanding their paychecks, you demand they provide not only water but keep up the infrastructure to do so without people actually paying the bills.

And once you make this water supply a human right who exactly is going to pay for it? Once it becomes a right and can't be denied those that are currently paying will stop. So now you have a union shop demanding ridiculous wages and retirement packages for providing a service nobody is willing to pay for. So how do you provide this so called "right"?

So you missed the "general welfare" discussion....... Don't worry about reading threads before responding, it's overrated :)

:eusa_boohoo:

Discuss perspectives.

One day, sometime in the future, the real question about water rights will concern states in the south wanting to siphon off water from the Great Lakes. Water is a resource that could actually bring about the end of the United States. Not saying it is likely, but it most definitely is a possibility.

It's already happening. Oil Fracking is causing the people in Texas to run out of water (in certain area's). They even have people with water wells price gouging the locals...Sadly, there is also abundant proof that the people that have these wells in Texas also have contaminated water from the Lubricants used in Oil Fracking. Many documents have leaked about the Oil Industry paying off the people so they won't mention it. I've even seen a contract that keeps a 6 year old child quiet....as if that's a possibility, wonder why it leaked.

Discuss perspectives.

I have a right to guns...but not guns supplied by government.

I have a right to water, but not water supplied by government.

Learn what the Constitution is all about before tying to twist it to fit you own warped nonsense.

Discuss perspectives.

Learn what the Constitution is all about before tying to twist it to fit you own warped nonsense.

Jeez, these kids don't read past a title at all........

We have been discussing the phrase "General Welfare" in the Constitution you think no one but you knows about kid. I'm curious what is more general welfare than water...

I think it's YOU that needs to learn the Constitution.

Guns are supplied by our Government to protect the General Welfare of our Country.........You know that (R)ight?

Last edited:

Discuss perspectives.

Jeez, these kids don't read past a title at all........

We have been discussing the phrase "General Welfare" in the Constitution you think no one but you knows about kid. I'm curious what is more general welfare than water...

I think it's YOU that needs to learn the Constitution.

Guns are supplied by our Government to protect the General Welfare of our Country.........You know that (R)ight?
Oh look. Someone else who doesn't understand the 'General Welflare' clause and what it means with regard to the population.

What surprise.

I believe that if natural water i.e. a spring, river, stream, rainfall, etc...falls on your property it is yours to do with as ye will. This however, is what the gubbment wants to take away and limit.
As far as what they are doing in Detroit? Well, that privilege got cut off do to their OWN actions and not those of the rest of the states or cities. Please note that it's not a white city that is the target but another negroid ghetto of epic proportions. :eek:

Discuss perspectives.

The question posed wasn't Consttutinal right, it wad human right

gees, 2 months of being late on their water bill is being called getting it for free when in 12 months, they paid 10 months of the bill, and 2 months are late? so if it costs $1200 a year for their water, they have paid $1000 of it and owe $200 and this is ''getting'' their water for FREE?

gees, 2 months of being late on their water bill is being called getting it for free when in 12 months, they paid 10 months of the bill, and 2 months are late? so if it costs $1200 a year for their water, they have paid $1000 of it and owe $200 and this is ''getting'' their water for FREE?

Coincidentally I had my well drilled for 1200 dollars...in 1979.

But on topic, all Americans should have access to water regardless of their ability to pay. Water should be like public education, fire protection, or law enforcement; it should be publicly funded where necessary and available at the very least in an amount proportionate to basic needs at no other cost to the citizen.

But on topic, all Americans should have access to water regardless of their ability to pay. Water should be like public education, fire protection, or law enforcement; it should be publicly funded where necessary and available at the very least in an amount proportionate to basic needs at no other cost to the citizen.

HUH?

Did they close Lake Michigan?

Have they banned buckets?

Say it aint so.

HUH?

Say it aint so.

You're saying when a poor person's house catches fire, they should have to depend on a bucket brigade because the fire department shouldn't put out poor people's fires?

You are mentally retarded.

HUH?

Say it aint so.

You're saying when a poor person's house catches fire, they should have to depend on a bucket brigade because the fire department shouldn't put out poor people's fires?

You are saying that Taxpayers should feed, clothe, insure, quench the thirst, ad nauseam of all those who ask.

When the fuck do they get to work to support themselves?

You are criminally insane.

HUH?

Say it aint so.

You are saying that Taxpayers should feed, clothe, insure, quench the thirst, ad nauseam of all those who ask.

When the fuck do they get to work to support themselves?

You are criminally insane.

Okay now that we've established that you think a taxpayer funded fire department is criminally insane,

I think my work here is finished.

Radical concept:

If You Don’t Pay Your Bills, You Don’t Get Stuff

Some believe that you should be able to not pay your water bill and continue to receive water. Others believe that you should only be able to receive water if you pay your water bill.

Seriously.

This is a debate.

Anyway, Nolan Finley, a Detroit News columnist, made the very reasonable point that if you don’t pay your bills, you don’t get stuff. Here’s Finley:

And yet barely 50 percent of Detroiters pay their water bill. Meanwhile, up to two-thirds of city residents pay to keep their cable or satellite television service current. And 72 percent do the same to maintain their cellphones.

It’s not a stretch to guess the reason delinquency rates are lower for cable and cellphone service is that the cable and telephone companies cut off customers who don’t pay their bills.

EXPLAINER: If You Don?t Pay Your Bills, You Don?t Get Stuff | Washington Free Beacon

There is no right to free water | The Detroit News

-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Discuss perspectives.

So you missed the "general welfare" discussion....... Don't worry about reading threads before responding, it's overrated :)

If you had said anything worth repeating in the thread I may have quoted it. As it stands the opening post will suffice for quotation.

Water is free. All you have to do is get some buckets, jugs and barrels and go fetch it out of the lake or river. If you want me to dig a long ditch from the source to your house, lay down pipe in the ditch, and pump the water through the pipe so it reaches your house at some predetermined amount of pressure and volume, you are going to have to pay me for that.

Forum List

Back